Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 38 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

I must be officially going crazy. I just plunked down a very modest sum on the Bucs +10 against the Saints.  I actually have a 4 bet parlay (trebles with 4 teams).  If they all win or one team loses i win big. But if two teams lose I win nothing.Here is my crazy bet: TB +10 vs NODallas +5 vs PhillyDetroit +3.5 vs MinnesotaSF +6 vs PittsburgI did not wager last week and its a good thing because I liked 4 under the total points plays and only one of them would have hit. But if I had taken the value bets last week I would have done well against the spread. So, that's what I have done this week. I have taken what looks like the best value bets on the board. My thinking is that the Bucs are going to bounce back. We match up well against NO in just about every area. I just hope to God our defense gets on track this week. That will be the matchup I am watching, Brees against our secondary. If we can keep them out of the end zone and force some FGs then I expect Winston to keep us in this game....at least within 10 points.Dallas was undefeated on the road last year and Philly was not really good at home. I have no idea how this spread is 5 points but I will take it. IMO Philly was a better team with Foles but I expect that Tony Romo will be the difference maker in this one against that sorry Philly defense....even without Dez Bryant.Minnesota is favored again? I have no idea how they were favored last week at SF and I am expecting the Lions to outgun them this week. The key to this game will be the Lions getting some points on the board early in order to minimise Adrian Peterson's touches. San Francisco. I was expecting this team to flat out suck this year, but lo and behold they played a great smash mouth game against the Vikings last week with my boy Carlos Hyde completely dominating the game. In the realm of matchups, SF matches up really well against Pittsburgh. If they can run the ball effectively and pressure Big Ben into a few mistakes they have a chance of winning this game.So, there it is, I am officially crazy to have bet on our first round bust QB. LOL.*Edit - Blue font added to remove any doubt that was a serious comment. It is clearly a sarcastic jab at the Mariota fanboyz.

Please wait…

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its all about our defense. If they can get their shite together then yes, the Bucs can play and perhaps even upset the Saints. If they play the same passionless defense and bite on every single play action then another beating will ensue.And Jameis has to stop giving the other team points. That would help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no money on the games nor will I ever. That noted, I think the bucs and the points has to be the play in this game. Way back in the day, think 90's it was all about the college football... and maybe a boxing match here and there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I must be officially going crazy. I just plunked down a very modest sum on the Bucs +10 against the Saints.  I actually have a 4 bet parlay (trebles with 4 teams).  If they all win or one team loses i win big. But if two teams lose I win nothing.Here is my crazy bet: TB +10 vs NODallas +5 vs PhillyDetroit +3.5 vs MinnesotaSF +6 vs PittsburgI did not wager last week and its a good thing because I liked 4 under the total points plays and only one of them would have hit. But if I had taken the value bets last week I would have done well against the spread. So, that's what I have done this week. I have taken what looks like the best value bets on the board. My thinking is that the Bucs are going to bounce back. We match up well against NO in just about every area. I just hope to God our defense gets on track this week. That will be the matchup I am watching, Brees against our secondary. If we can keep them out of the end zone and force some FGs then I expect Winston to keep us in this game....at least within 10 points.Dallas was undefeated on the road last year and Philly was not really good at home. I have no idea how this spread is 5 points but I will take it. IMO Philly was a better team with Foles but I expect that Tony Romo will be the difference maker in this one against that sorry Philly defense....even without Dez Bryant.Minnesota is favored again? I have no idea how they were favored last week at SF and I am expecting the Lions to outgun them this week. The key to this game will be the Lions getting some points on the board early in order to minimise Adrian Peterson's touches. San Francisco. I was expecting this team to flat out suck this year, but lo and behold they played a great smash mouth game against the Vikings last week with my boy Carlos Hyde completely dominating the game. In the realm of matchups, SF matches up really well against Pittsburgh. If they can run the ball effectively and pressure Big Ben into a few mistakes they have a chance of winning this game.So, there it is, I am officially crazy to have bet on our first round bust QB. LOL.*Edit - Blue font added to remove any doubt that was a serious comment. It is clearly a sarcastic jab at the Mariota fanboyz.

Bookies wet dream = People betting on games with double digit lines.NEVER DO IT!!Personally, I'd give the points, not take them.  I don't trust Lovie Smith at all.  Though, I still wouldn't be on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Bucs will play much better this week but they do not have the firepower to keep it close. I would say NO by 14. TB 17, NO 31

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Bucs will play much better this week but they do not have the firepower to keep it close. I would say NO by 14. TB 17, NO 31

Noooooooôoooo. Let it be 31-23 dear Lord. Give Jaboo his junk-time TDs when the other team goes into the prevent defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Noooooooôoooo. Let it be 31-23 dear Lord. Give Jaboo his junk-time TDs when the other team goes into the prevent defense.

lol, don't worry too much. I am not Nostradamus! It may be a lot closer if the saints give up some turnovers like last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give Jaboo his junk-time TDs when the other team goes into the prevent defense.

think this is a definite possibility.  i expect the team to play much better – but its scary to think they didnt prepare for oregon film.  brees is gonna throw the ball quick also, so we better change something up.whats winning 3 games on a 4 game parlay pay out?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bookies wet dream = People betting on games with double digit lines.NEVER DO IT!!Personally, I'd give the points, not take them.  I don't trust Lovie Smith at all.  Though, I still wouldn't be on it.

Anyone who bets on the Bucs is a damn fool no matter the spread. But I have done very well on the high point spreads with other teams the last few years with Jacksonville and Oakland. I have more than broke even on those recently. If I watch enough games I feel good about betting and I have yet to go in the hole over the course of a season. But, I dont bet very much cash. I just do it for fun and it makes me get into watching the games more. Being a Buc fan it is good to have other things to think about and I like to have some good football to watch when they are losing so much.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

is there any chance you also play poker......if so.....message me. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give Jaboo his junk-time TDs when the other team goes into the prevent defense.

think this is a definite possibility.  i expect the team to play much better - but its scary to think they didnt prepare for oregon film.  brees is gonna throw the ball quick also, so we better change something up.whats winning 3 games on a 4 game parlay pay out?

It depends but I only really win big if all four win. If three win I get my money back and win a little bit. It would probably average out to if you bet $40 all up you would win $60 if 3 of the 4 bets hit.If all four hit then a $40 bet pays $300. I always do these kinds of bets even though I would make more money overall if I just bet the games individually. I don't care. It's that rush of the occassional big payday that I like. And I don't bet enough to care if I lose. I have a few rules that I try to stick to. I hardly ever bet on AFC divisional games. Anything can happen. I prefer to bet on the NFC, in fact there is an NFC team in every single game I bet on this week and 7 of the 8 teams involved are NFC teams. I also don't like to bet on night games in most cases and I prefer games that start at 1:00 pm EST.Games that scare the hell out of me? NE at Buffalo. Like why is NE only a 1 point favorite? They should destroy Buffalo. That scares me. I would not touch it even though logic says take NE big. The only AFC game I like is Miami at Jacksonville. Jacksonville historically starts really slow. I expect Miami to destroy them and the spread is only 6. But I wont bet on it. I rarely bet against the home dog and 6 points is a lot for a home dog.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all four hit then a $40 bet pays $300. I always do these kinds of bets even though I would make more money overall if I just bet the games individually. I don't care. It's that rush of the occassional big payday that I like. And I don't bet enough to care if I lose.

i used to like 2 game parlays, definitely dumb, but i agree on the big payday.thought a 4 game parlay should pay closer to 10-1?  you getting a bad deal or is 7.5-1 the "real" world line?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all four hit then a $40 bet pays $300. I always do these kinds of bets even though I would make more money overall if I just bet the games individually. I don't care. It's that rush of the occassional big payday that I like. And I don't bet enough to care if I lose.

i used to like 2 game parlays, definitely dumb, but i agree on the big payday.thought a 4 game parlay should pay closer to 10-1?  you getting a bad deal or is 7.5-1 the "real" world line?

It's not a 4 game parlay. Its four separate 3 team parlays. So, if all four come in I win all four bets. But if one team loses I only win one 3 team parlay. If two teams lose I dont win anything.A four game parlay pays 13-1. That is a fun bet if you are just chucking down $10 to win $130. The whole key to having fun is not betting more than you can afford. Then it would be stressful.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

It's not a 4 game parlay. Its four separate 3 team parlays. So, if all four come in I win all four bets. But if one team loses I only win one 3 team parlay. If two teams lose I dont win anything.A four game parlay pays 13-1. That is a fun bet if you are just chucking down $10 to win $130. The whole key to having fun is not betting more than you can afford. Then it would be stressful.

I like the +10 was thinking about betting it myself.I think they can keep it close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

gotcha.  never heard of doing it that way – good luck!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

gotcha.  never heard of doing it that way - good luck!

Thanks GT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take the over in the bucs game and cash in. Hoping the bucs come our on top but there should be plenty of scoring regardless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re losing that modest sum, first 4 weeks is where Jekyll and Hyde show up, some teams are gonna be completely different playing at home/away, my input is be weary of Minny and Pitt at home, Tampa doesn’t need to be said

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dumb decision bro not because of who u picked but because I picked ur team. Never pick a bet with a team that you invest tis much time in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will be a pretty telling week. While there is no excuse for last week’s performance, I can see how the defense would struggle against a team and an offense with virtually no film. This week, there should be none of that. The Bucs D is plenty familiar with the Saints and usually give them a decent game. Sunday can’t get here fast enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

gotcha.  never heard of doing it that way - good luck!

I've never heard of that either

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Instead of Tampa and San Francisco –  I’d replace them with Atlanta and Seattle w/ moneyline bets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This might be a good one to bet on.Nothing to lose, a lot to gain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goldson – how’d you do on this ticket?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goldson - how'd you do on this ticket?

I kind of mulled this thread over quickly, but i think for every ten he bet, he made 130, IF they won? Some ridiculous amount because of the ten points.That really was a game that would pay out, if you bet heavy on the underdog.Then again, im not a huge betting guy, and idk what the exact framework of rules were.I hope he put down a Benjamin or two.Congrats either way gold!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My understanding is he won 0 Bench.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I went to bet on the spread for the game since it was at 10, but decided to lay some down on the bucs outright as well. $35 bet got me $127. Last bucs game I bet on was with a friend for $5 a point in the 2002 superbowl. I don’t think my buddy thought it would be a $135 bet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...If he bet the bucs? I must be missing something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He used the Bucs in parlay bets and I believe he lost all of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goldson - how'd you do on this ticket?

Hopefully he is too busy counting his winnings to reply anytime soon.  Seriously.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He used the Bucs in parlay bets and I believe he lost all of them.

If true, thats fudged up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it’s true.I should have bet the money lines I would have won a few bucks, but I picked two losers and two winners so my parlays all went to crap. LOL.No worries. The way I look at it is when the Bucs win, I win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it's true.I should have bet the money lines I would have won a few bucks, but I picked two losers and two winners so my parlays all went to crap. LOL.No worries. The way I look at it is when the Bucs win, I win.

Awe man, that really is sh1tty.How would you have looked if you had gone full bore bucs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're losing that modest sum, first 4 weeks is where Jekyll and Hyde show up, some teams are gonna be completely different playing at home/away, my input is be weary of Minny and Pitt at home, Tampa doesn't need to be said

I still got it in me lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it's true.I should have bet the money lines I would have won a few bucks, but I picked two losers and two winners so my parlays all went to crap. LOL.No worries. The way I look at it is when the Bucs win, I win.

Awe man, that really is sh1tty.How would you have looked if you had gone full bore bucs?

Uhhh $40 at 8-1 odds would have won me $320. DOH!!!But I really didn't think they would win. I was playing for the cover. I am going to have a different strategy this week, but I took a quick look at the games and I dont like them. I may just lay it all on the Bucs to win outright this week. The problem is the performance of the OL was an illusion. Houston is going to be a big dose of reality for us. They have such a huge advantage on the DL that I am a but scared of the moneyline but I do like the 6.5 point spread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think its too soon to form a solid barometer of how this season goes.Between the two games, you have a vast up and down difference. Night and day. And ANY game, after a big win, or IN RJS, you have to look at carefully. Their record at rjs is appaling, and idk if i trust them to have blown through all their emarrassing moments yet.They were ticked last game. Came out with fire. We cannot be assured that this will be the same for this next game, unfortunately. We dont really know how this team will react to being "good," but we also saw them in adversity.Truthfully, imo, i think theyre going to be their toughest when the chips are down. Not necessarily a bad thing for the team, but sometimes a sh1tty betting outcome for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For the record, Elimination pool, 620 some odd entries down to 48ish after two weeks. About  40% of the picks on Saints last week. Don't know how your pools usually go, but this one has been going on for ages... my standard rule of thumb, 50% go out every two weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the 6.5 line is that the public still thinks were garbo and Houston still has it in them at home, also check how teams do on a 2 gm road trip and see the percentages of cover, trends are something you should look at

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the 6.5 line is that the public still thinks were garbo and Houston still has it in them at home, also check how teams do on a 2 gm road trip and see the percentages of cover, trends are something you should look at

I am eyeing three game this week. I like the Bucs, the Rams over the Steelers (how is STL a home dog?) and Arizona to win.I am going to probably throw a little on the bucs and Rams moneyline and then parlay all three. Hopefully I can get a win. I need some house money to play with.

Please wait…

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.