Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• GMACsBlankey

Participant

I know pass rush continues to be a legitimate worry, but I think people might be sleeping on the fact that we have a blossoming dominant pass rusher with this kid.Terrorized Brees today even taking some chips and doubles off of McCoy, and would've had a 4th sack and 3rd forced fumble if not for that offsides call.He looked good even in the lost last week. Fun to watch fly around.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

That’s an insane stat. I’m not sure why I don’t see him as a dominant pass rusher. I can’t argue with his stats though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is a good pass rusher but again, McCoy makes his job easier. I’m glad to have him on this team because we needed his quick twitch ability off the edge.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is a good pass rusher but again, McCoy makes his job easier. I'm glad to have him on this team because we needed his quick twitch ability off the edge.

One was negated but he got two sacks on the last drive with McCoy on the bench.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's an insane stat. I'm not sure why I don't see him as a dominant pass rusher. I can't argue with his stats though.

The same reason no one really does just yet. The volume isn't large enough that it can't be considered a flash in the pan. But give credit to Lovie and Frazier. We love to give them slack but not much credit when they have developed guys like Smith and Kwon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Welp McCoy said his injury was ‘nothing’ after the game and was seen packing his stuff up with the bad arm. So either way, I think we’ll see Smith’s production continue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said it in another thread, I really think he (Smith) was MVP of this game. I think he contacted Brees’ throwing arm and Brees never threw the same all game long. The sacks were great and all, drive killers but it was just the fact that those plays messed with Brees seemingly all game long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said it in another thread, I really think he (Smith) was MVP of this game.

I won't argue that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s hard to argue a flash in the pan at this point.If we were 9 games into this year and he had 10.5 sacks there'd be DPOTY talk. Time to recognize. Dude balls out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m thankful we have him.  I did laugh a bit on his offsides penalty.  on my crappy slingbox feed he looked absolutely gassed.  I was thinking the bucs needed a time out to catch their breath, but thankfully, the officials talked things out to give our DL a breather.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the motor. They showed a close up late and he looked gassed and yet he kept going

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was beating Strief like a dog most of the game…  is Strief any good?  Injured?  I don’t want to crown us yet.Giving the guy credit - he balled out. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been hyping the guy as “possible” but if he keeps it up, permanent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He keeps getting better. Other teams will need to take notice and plan for him. When was the last time we had a DE with 3 sacks in a game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jac Smith was killing that RT and he definitely hurt Brees. Man if this guy keeps bringing it from the edge, look out. McCoy and Melton will be unreal up the middle. Good question BP1. When was the last time a Bucs DE got 3 sacks in a game? Had to be Sim.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He said after the game, “on to my home state for the next one, excited”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah definitely!! I think I read on Joe's or another site that him and McCoy were lining up next to each other and McCoy was diving down so that the tackle never had help with Smith off the edge. It worked. Two of them are so explosive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe since the days of Simeon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better yet. Smith leads the league in sacks right now. When is the last time you can remember a Buc leading the league in sacks?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Better yet. Smith leads the league in sacks right now. When is the last time you can remember a Buc leading the league in sacks?

Better yet. When was the last time fan's got so fired up over leading the league in sacks after only 2 games? One of which was one of the worst losses in recorded history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah definitely!! I think I read on Joe's or another site that him and McCoy were lining up next to each other and McCoy was diving down so that the tackle never had help with Smith off the edge. It worked. Two of them are so explosive.

Read something somewhere that McCoy was trying to make Jack remember to stay on the edge and stop trying to get inside to help and just leave that to GMC. Stay on the edge and keep rushing was what I recall.. Ill try to find itFound it on JBF..."No. 93 also said he hatched a bit of a plan with Jacquies Smith to stay committed to edge rushing versus coming inside while McCoy would rush the B-gap. Smith had a whopping three sacks, so it worked."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Read something somewhere that McCoy was trying to make Jack remember to stay on the edge and stop trying to get inside to help and just leave that to GMC. Stay on the edge and keep rushing was what I recall.. Ill try to find itFound it on JBF..."No. 93 also said he hatched a bit of a plan with Jacquies Smith to stay committed to edge rushing versus coming inside while McCoy would rush the B-gap. Smith had a whopping three sacks, so it worked."

That’s how you generate a pass rush; TEAMWORK! Working together, mixing it up, doing what the opponent ISN’T expecting. Love it! That, and get at least some coverage in the secondary…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

very happy for Smith. I saw lots of potential in him last season when we brought him in here. He has a nonstop motor, which is maybe the biggest factor needed by a DE. He’s a hard worker and it’s nice to see him flourish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the beauty of all this: With Smith becoming a legit threat off the edge, it will force teams to pick their poison with double teams and chips on Smith or McCoy. This also means Johnson/Melton need to win their one on one battles on the other side.Amazing how well this defense can play with a pass rush  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jack Smith was unblock-able in the passing game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a nice surprise Jacquies Smith has been. He and McCoy side by side? Yes, there are some sweet comparisons that crosses one’s mind.It's early but the developement of a pass rush and ensuing turnovers is a very good sign. It's nice to feel positive for a change and especially with good reason.On to Texas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For sure they were definitely sending  chips his way to slow him down, i know he has a strong motor but I wanna see him rotated a bit more, wanna keep him fresh for the 16 week season. When Khairy and Brees had that long 10+ play drive, I think for the touchdown DT's were getting rotated while I saw GJ and Jac hands on hips

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the beauty of all this: With Smith becoming a legit threat off the edge, it will force teams to pick their poison with double teams and chips on Smith or McCoy. This also means Johnson/Melton need to win their one on one battles on the other side.Amazing how well this defense can play with a pass rush  ;)

I think lovie saw what i saw in him for the last few games of last season. Sure, a lot was clean-up duty towards the end, but its never truly easy to get sacks.Thats why he didnt replace him. Good motor, really quick off the edge. We've had one or the other here, but not in combination for a long time. He may actually be more quick-twitch than bennett when he was here.

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.