Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 43 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

What the hell? We traded up to pick the 314th ranked player in the draft with a grade of 31 in the 4th round. This might be the worst draft in Bucs history. The Bucs have lost their minds

• Bucman

Participant

Not sure where you get that. But every outlet I read really likes him. Thinks he could be on the steals in this draft.

And he tested in the 95+ percentile in everything for the position.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Why do we have to do this every year? Obviously the Bucs did not have him rated as the 314th best player. Should we side more with the guys who just won a Superbowl or the guys on ESPN who are not actually employed as scouts by any of the 32 NFL franchises?

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Not sure where you get that. But every outlet I read really likes him. Thinks he could be on the steals in this draft.

Jaelon Darden
      FOLLOW
      5’8″
      174 lbs
      North Texas
      POS RK
      OVR RK
      GRADE
      Pre-Draft Analysis
      Darden is an undersized slot receiver prospect with small hands and short arms. He’s explosive with good top-end speed and is a dangerous open-field runner after the catch. — Steve Muench

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Why do we have to do this every year? Obviously the Bucs did not have him rated as the 314th best player. Should we side more with the guys who just won a Superbowl or the guys on ESPN who are not actually employed as scouts by any of the 32 NFL franchises?

The point is we could have got him in later rounds. There was zero need to trade up for this guy. Just stupid

• Greattimes

Participant

You want to know how good Mel Kiper is at evaluating players? At the start of the 4th round he listed his top 10 players available. Nearing the end of the 6th round, 8 of his top 10 players have not been drafted. That is why is is not GM. Take the rankings put out by talking heads and throw them in the garbage heap.

• m_j

Participant

no clue why we had to trade up for him but low in rd 4 it doesn‘t really matter. he should play on special teams and return the ball, then we‘ll see…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lmao.

Woe is me! The sky is falling!

I thought I was upset after the Trask pick..

“Worst draft in bucs history”

Can’t wait for this thread to be bumped!

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

You want to know how good Mel Kiper is at evaluating players? At the start of the 4th round he listed his top 10 players available. Nearing the end of the 6th round, 8 of his top 10 players have not been drafted. That is why is is not GM. Take the rankings put out by talking heads and throw them in the garbage heap.

It’s not about the ranking. It’s about trading up to get a player we could have gotten with later picks. I do like the Britt pick though

• BucsSavant

Participant

It’s not about the ranking. It’s about trading up to get a player we could have gotten with later picks. I do like the Britt pick though

How do you know we could have got him later? Don’t you think the front office might have more insight into that than you do? It’s an amazement some of you aren’t employed by NFL teams…

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Lmao.

That won’t happen but, if it did I’d be happy to eat crow if it turns out to be a good draft

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

This might be the worst draft in Bucs history.

We traded picks to move up and draft a kicker.

Not only isn’t it the worst pick in franchise history, it’s not even the worst pick in Licht’s tenure.

Relax…

• leeroybuc93

Participant

The point is we could have got him in later rounds. There was zero need to trade up for this guy. Just stupid

And why do we also have yo do this every year? Obviously ESPN was WAY off on where he’d go, so why do you keep referencing them to prove we couldn’t have gotten him later. He could have been the next pick if we didn’t do it. There’s no way to know.

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

Not sure any player after the 5th round is going to make our squad, so if they liked someone, why not??

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lmao.

That won’t happen but, if it did I’d be happy to eat crow if it turns out to be a good draft

Were you a bucs fan in 2016?

Look up that draft when you get a chance.

Lmao.

• BucsSavant

Participant

If the front office believes he can come in and improve the return game immediately, and they are right, then asking if this trade up was worth what is essentially a 7th round pick is just silly. Give the kid a chance.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

My issue is this was not a position that needed to be shored up and we already have a player with his skill set

• JC5100

Participant

Didn’t like the pick of WR in the 4th but he’s going to be a good niche player and return man.

• SOXX

Participant

We’ll keep 2 or 3 of these picks, they all seem slow to me. the WR runs a 4.52.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He gives the Bucs a lot of juice. Potentially.

He’s a biletnikoff finalist, can return kicks and punts well (slow feet don’t eat). He is also a perfect Tom Brady receiver. He takes short passes and gets good yards out of them because he is so damn greasy out there. Just quick and then explosive as well. Check out the short passes he catches, and what he does with them. The throws are stuff Brady does all the time!

• KyBucfan51

Participant

He will have a chance to take Watson spot if he can improve the return game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Watson is awful. He serves no purpose this year, he is a goner unless he starts juicing and hiding his results.

He will have a chance to take Watson spot if he can improve the return game.

• Bucman

Participant

Hes apart of the STs unit. He may stick around for that alone

• buc-in-out

Participant

This guy must be our front runner to return punts and kicks? Can’t imagine any receiver taking snaps away from our top 5.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I like this pick. I don’t like trading up but let’s get real, we can’t afford to sign a full draft class.

I see him as a favorite to take over in the return game.

Finding a niche player in the late 4th that can play special teams?

Makes sense to me…

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Darden is nice. WR skills and returner.

Easy A.

Build the trenches!

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

I’m just ready to hopefully finally have some pop in the return game and the eventual exit of Justin Watson.

• Donkey

Participant

Who? And don’t say Miller. Scotty is a vertical threat. This dude is a slot receiver.

My issue is this was not a position that needed to be shored up and we already have a player with his skill set

• BucsSavant

Participant

Who? And don’t say Miller. Scotty is a vertical threat. This dude is a slot receiver.

Yeah, they play nothing alike really. People always want to compare based on physical attributes, but playing styles aren’t much alike here. Darden seems to excel at YAC, something he might do better than any of our current WRs sans Godwin and AB

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Poor mans rondale moore.

Exactly what this offense & special teams needs.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I like that comparison. Darden is a YAC guy.

Interesting enough many mocks had the 49ers taking him given how they run their offense.

Build the trenches!

• Bucman

Participant

Post draft Twitter people still in love with Darden. But he was so bad because 1 random guy said so.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Post draft Twitter people still in love with Darden. But he was so bad because 1 random guy said so.

Time of the year for that. Bottom line is every single one of us have said we hated a draft choice only to have it hit. Of course we definitely have had it where we said we loved a guy we drafted and it didn’t hit. It happens a lot at this time of year. Many will also be right about their predictions. We will find out much later how they pan out but the good thing is we have a good team in front of us. Sometimes that winning culture can be the difference between a guy hitting or not. We will see how that can translate for some of these guys we aren’t sure of.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Licht learned something from the Saints his name is Deonte Harris he destroyed the Bucs special teams.

• Boid Fink

Participant

A very bad special teams unit. And he was maybe a part of that problem. Gin, expendable and you won’t even miss him. You may improve, addition by subtraction.

Hes apart of the STs unit. He may stick around for that alone

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Remind me where all the experts had Julian Edelmen ranked pre-draft?

We have a stacked roster, the draft this year wasn’t about trying to hit on starters, as it has been for the last few decades. Relax man, this kid is a legit receiver and possible punt returner.

Comparing him to Scotty Miller, if Miller was a hands catcher, could run routes, and was shiftier they would be equal. This was a good pick in the 4th round. This kid can be a legit weapon from day one if he can stay healthy at his size.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Boid Fink

Participant

These outliers that people keep mentioning have me thinking you guys play too many lotto scratchies…

Remind me where all the experts had Julian Edelmen ranked pre-draft?

We have a stacked roster, the draft this year wasn’t about trying to hit on starters, as it has been for the last few decades. Relax man, this kid is a legit receiver and possible punt returner.

Comparing him to Scotty Miller, if Miller was a hands catcher, could run routes, and was shiftier they would be equal. This was a good pick in the 4th round. This kid can be a legit weapon from day one if he can stay healthy at his size.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I would have loved this pick in the 6th or 7th round. Wasted a 4th

• m_j

Participant

OK, just heard what BA said, he might be playing more than we think. I was pretty sure he was going to return and help on special teams, but BA says he reminds him of emanuel sanders and john brown and he wants to give him the ball more

OK, post draft talk, I know, but BA usualy isn‘t beating around the bush so I trust him. they obviously loved the guy so much that they went this low after him no matter how deep we are on WR!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

OK, just heard what BA said, he might be playing more than we think. I was pretty sure he was going to return and help on special teams, but BA says he reminds him of emanuel sanders and john brown and he wants to give him the ball more

OK, post draft talk, I know, but BA usualy isn‘t beating around the bush so I trust him. they obviously loved the guy so much that they went this low after him no matter how deep we are on WR!

He’ll play on special teams absolutely

Would be surprised if he got PT over miller or johnson as the #4 WR.

But look at all the injuries to receiver last year.

Watson is all but gone now. Won’t be missed.

• mdbuc

Participant

The kid seems special. He moves differently than most I’ve seen. And his acceleration and footwork especially jumps out to me. I’ve never seen someone juke people and use subtle movements to create space like him.

Watch his highlights. I think the guy could be special, and if he was forced to play day one, he wouldn’t be a real downgrade from Miller or Johnson.

He could be a straight killer in certain situations like 3rd and long, and goal line. In small space he will get open.

• Madman

Participant

The kid seems special. He moves differently than most I’ve seen. And his acceleration and footwork especially jumps out to me. I’ve never seen someone juke people and use subtle movements to create space like him.

Watch his highlights. I think the guy could be special, and if he was forced to play day one, he wouldn’t be a real downgrade from Miller or Johnson.

He could be a straight killer in certain situations like 3rd and long, and goal line. In small space he will get open.

Totally agree. He has some amazing feet and has that Kamara like smoothness about him. Can’t wait to see him turn quick TB12 passes into big gains. And punt returns will be fun again.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bucs have WRs that are exclusively trained and athletically gifted for the vertical component of the offense. Darden brings a horizontal component the Bucs haven’t had since Humphries departure.

Build the trenches!