Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• Do_it_Big_Bucs

Participant

That’s the biggest difference in Cam and Jameis. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cam was too busy dancing… Kinda shuffled his feet and actually kicked it a bit. Very poor play; absolutely should have DIVED on it!! Football 101, for cripes sake…

• Marcia

Participant

Cam thinks he’s better than the game. Jameis is convinced he is the game.  Huge difference.  We have a football player at QB.  That translates.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And breaks 94’s arm if that’s what it takes. Our guy has a completely different football mentality.  I’m wondering how many NFL QBs don’t dive for that?  I’m sure they are heavily coached against getting into scrum situations. Still, would any hesitate?  Idk.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was thinking the same thing! Jamies dives into that pile every time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not only didn’t he dive, but it looks like he almost jumped away from it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s only the Super Bowl. No biggie.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not only didn't he dive, but it looks like he almost jumped away from it.

As bad as it is/looks, I can see it tbh. The hesitation. I've seen plenty of QBs stand around feet from the ball and watch. Stay the hell away from piles. It's the kind of (censored) we're trying to get Jameis to pick his battles on, I'm sure.  You want your franchise QB aware of his safety on the field, and that has a very high priority.  Obviously, that fumble situationally, was crucial. On top of it being the SB.  I'm not sure if many other QBs hesitate there, but given hesitation, I understand a reactionary move away from where the pile would be developing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some guys aren’t all mentally there willing to do whatever it takes to win reminds me of Hopkins from couple years backhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000408494/article/hopkins-accepts-blame-for-failure-to-recover-fumble

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Cam’s hesitation came as he realized he had kicked it. May have been why he momentarily backed off; dunno.

• bucism1

Participant

Not only didn't he dive, but it looks like he almost jumped away from it.

I saw the same exact thing. And the other panthers never made a real attempt at the ball either

• Anonymous

Inactive

Much ado about nothing IMO. Its was just a meaningless game, now if it was the SuperBowl then….Oh wait.Props for Phil Simms for not brushing it under the rug.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C’mon guys, stop listening to Phil Simms.  I actually think he was changing direction because the ball was.  Cam is no wussy, he takes shots when he runs.  Don’t get me wrong JW is the truth, but cam isn’t a wussy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon guys, stop listening to Phil Simms.  I actually think he was changing direction because the ball was.  Cam is no wussy, he takes shots when he runs.  Don't get me wrong JW is the truth, but cam isn't a wussy.

I think you might to watch a replay. Dude was bailin like that ball had Hep C

• Anonymous

Inactive

I kinda feel like Cam checked out late in that game

• Anonymous

Inactive

Walked out of the post game presser.

• ZMan08151992

When you watch Winston hands the ball to Doug Martin he always tries to throw a block for him. Although dangerous, it shows his level of competitiveness

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he was more concerned with his shoulder than recovering the ball IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another look at it…pretty obvious he was trying to avoid diving on the ball.https://vine.co/v/i1vBEbmn7Ue

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought the same thing about Jameis. He would have risked life and limb to get that ball. Cam hesitated, thought twice and decided to try to sweep it out with his foot. He was probably hoping to scoop it up to run. But in that situation you jump on the ball.It does make him look like a wuss though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wears a baby poop blue uni… nothing he can do about that wuss look.

• snidley

Participant

I think he was checked out in the first quarter after his fumble. I came here to post a similar thought on Jameis. He would have jumped on the ball so fast or at the very least dove into the pile. I think Jameis is a much more cerebral QB then Cam which will pay him dividends in the future. Jameis could be a massive thorn in the Panthers side for years to come and I will enjoy every minute of it!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis would have snatched it off the ground, run it in for a TD, carrying Von Miller on his back.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like he tried to kick it but missed…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was avoiding getting speared in the knee.  Natural instincts. 

• water130u128

I didn’t see any other players hesitate… and yes, Cam is big enough to get in there with them!He made a business decision, one that will cost him more down the line that it could have jumping on the ball.  Dude get exposed last night. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was avoiding getting speared in the knee.  Natural instincts.

You can make that argument and I definitely see it but this is the Super Bowl he may never get a chance at this again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3By0a4m647wJaboo has more maturity in his pinky finger than Cam. You think this game didn't hurt? Yet here is this "kid" being professional about it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

95% of the time I want my QB to avoid piles just because he has a giant bullseye on his back (all QBs do), but in the Superbowl down by a score in the 4th?  Its time to put the big boy pants on.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't see any other players hesitate... and yes, Cam is big enough to get in there with them!He made a business decision, one that will cost him more down the line that it could have jumping on the ball.  Dude get exposed last night.

Cam did get exposed last night and that play will cost him the respect of his teammates. That was worse than a player gator arming a pass over the middle.For who, for what?!

• Anonymous

Inactive

1M times?  Sounds about right…

• CapnFear

Participant

I think he was more concerned with his shoulder than recovering the ball IMO

I do agree that JW would have gone after the ball, but your point is well taken.  Seem to recall a QB in San Diego at the time that was at the end of his contract that dove for a ball and ended up requiring shoulder surgery by Dr. James Andrews.  Didn't get many opportunities in FA that off-season and ended up going to the Saints.  Last I checked Drew Brees was still playing pretty good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what I think too.  It's not because he's a wuss per se, I mean, if he thinks about it he's jumping in there every time it's just that he's not mentally tough.  He's kind of a whiner when things don't go his way.  I just think mentally he's waving the white flag when the ball is tipped out of his hand.  He's mentally given up right there.  His first reaction is probably more like what a child would do and throw their hands up in the air, kick the ground and complain about the unfairness of it all.  Not at all what a champion would do.Cam's character issues have been known since his rookie year and nothing has changed.  What convinces me that I wouldn't want him as my franchise QB is more about his lack skill as a passer.  He can make all the throws sure, but he has no touch and relies heavily on play action and gimmick stuff for the bulk of his completions.  He's just not a natural pocket passer and relies to heavily on the fact that he's a physical freak of nature.  That won't hold up forever.  Give me JW every day of the week. 

• water130u128

That's what I think too.  It's not because he's a wuss per se, I mean, if he thinks about it he's jumping in there every time it's just that he's not mentally tough.  He's kind of a whiner when things don't go his way.  I just think mentally he's waving the white flag when the ball is tipped out of his hand.  He's mentally given up right there.  His first reaction is probably more like what a child would do and throw their hands up in the air, kick the ground and complain about the unfairness of it all.  Not at all what a champion would do.Cam's character issues have been known since his rookie year and nothing has changed.  What convinces me that I wouldn't want him as my franchise QB is more about his lack skill as a passer.  He can make all the throws sure, but he has no touch and relies heavily on play action and gimmick stuff for the bulk of his completions.  He's just not a natural pocket passer and relies to heavily on the fact that he's a physical freak of nature.  That won't hold up forever.  Give me JW every day of the week.

Agree with everything except when Cam's character issues were known.  For the people that knew him in HS and college, those issues were known as well.  When he was with the Gators, some of those fans couldn't wait for him to leave because of those issues.    Him stealing the laptop and him and his dad fishing for "pay for play" were just some of the things known about him.  It has always been about Cam...  Who wears MVP socks?  Winston wouldn't have.. all Winston wants to talk about are his teammates.  All Cam wants to talk about is why there is no one to compare his rare talents to and why people don't understand him.   

• saph23

Participant

He gets it everytime too.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.