Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

Fitz was great in games 1 and 2, but the well has run dry. I don’t trust him against the Bears defense. This is the time to reinsert Jameis.

• Tjax03

Participant

Jameis against khalil at home.

not a good matchup. Keep tragic in

since our bye is week 5 then bring winston week 6 on out.

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

maybe

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

no. fitz sucks

• Defense5599

Blocked

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Start Fitz but tell Jameis to be ready.  If Fitz plays like he did tonight, yank him</p>

• Sam Ram 33

Participant

That bears D is gonna kill whoever is back there…. Let it be Fitz and then Jameis can start with a 2-2 squad most likely.  That bears O is complete trash, but there D is crazy good.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

I like anyone with a fucking brain knows Winston is the future but that being said he needs a min 2 weeks to get in game shape.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let Fitz start vs Bears, put in Winston ASAP if Fitz struggles.  Let Bears prep for two QBs instead of one.

• Joey

Participant

Sounds like it is going to be fitz    When the coach was asked about it in his presser. He said he was going to wait until after he tells Winston before he tells the rest of the world  which, to me, sounds like it means Fitz

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Sounds like it is going to be fitz When the coach was asked about it in his presser. He said he was going to wait until after he tells Winston before he tells the rest of the world which, to me, sounds like it means Fitz

That was before he threw 3 interceptions including a horrific pick 6.

• Joey

Participant

• Joey

Participant

He also said after that, that whatever Winston’s role ends up being, he is sure that Winston will embrace it and be great at it… again… sounds like back up role to me.

• Pennywise

Participant

Fitz is starting  …bank on it

• Joey

Participant

• TBChucky

Participant

Agreed Penny. Unless they see something inexcusable on film. They’re going to want to see Jameis a good deal in practice before they throw him out there.

• ghost

Participant

jameis hasnt practiced with the team in about a month, he isnt starting against the bears

• thestamos23

Participant

I think Jameis will hit the ground running whenever he starts, this week or not, its not like he wasnt there all training camp. I don’t expect him to start this week, but I want him to.

Fitzmagic has done superbly, 1200 yards and 11 tds? Awesome! But the first half turnovers make all of that irrelevant, Jameis has the higher floor and probably just as high ceiling. Let’s get Jameis back in week 6, win or lose.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Im giving Fitpatrick this start. If he is turning the ball over again this game, I go to Jameis after the bye.

• Anonymous

Inactive

jameis hasnt practiced with the team in about a month, he isnt starting against the bears

it’s not like he’s coming off an injury – he’s been practicing, watching tape, etc…..he’s served his suspension —-if your number one qb isn’t good enough after 3-4 yrs of grooming, you might as well start over.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• tog

Participant

lol

You’re a fool if you think the Bucs should start Winston.

You have a historic performance by a Bucs QB (aided by major rules changes) and you want to bench him for one bad half? Where he wasn’t helped by his head coach, his offensive line, or Godwin?

I mean the guys not perfect. But he’s making the OL and WRs look better than they ever have by getting the ball out on schedule and making basic reads.

You’ve got to see a total collapse by Fitzpatrick to go back to Winston.

• ghost

Participant

food for thought

Overall, over the Buccaneers’ last 12 games, Fitzpatrick and Winston have each started six. In the six games started by Fitzpatrick, the Bucs are 4-2. In the six games started by Winston, the Bucs are 1-5. Winston has averaged 275.2 yards per game and thrown nine touchdown passes. Fitzpatrick has averaged 329.2 yards per game and thrown 14 touchdown passes.

• tog

Participant

The less revealing stats are also interesting. I think Fitz has taken 8 sacks to Winston’s 22 over that span as well?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.