Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• Jiveturkey

Participant

Taken from this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/buccaneers/comments/3nlhv6/rookie_qb_comparison_for_the_first_4_games/Player W-L Attempts Comp. % Yds Yds Per Attempt TDs / Ints Rush TDs Sacks FumblesManning 0-4 146 55% 992 6.79 3/11 0 11 1Winston 1-3 133 55% 965 7.25 6/7 1 9 3Be patient Bucs fans....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

whatever helps you sleep at night..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure what your expectations were this season. I haven't been surprised by anything I've seen so far in terms of the QB (I expected more from our defense but should have known better with the lack of DE talent). A rookie QB is going to have ups and downs, at times looking like he's regressing, and will have some real stinker games. All part of the process.I prefer to take the long view over the weekly fanatical reactionary/hindsight machine types, but that's just me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I prefer to take the long view ...

If that's the case then you should be clamoring to get rid of this apathetic HC that is draining the life and passion from this team.For as much as I was against drafting JW, the one thing he brought to the table was passion and leadership and even that is fading fast from the rook.The long view with Lovie is a sad dark lonely path of **** until the entire team ends up where Lovie has been steering them all along... Lovie's Basement

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I prefer to take the long view ...

If that's the case then you should be clamoring to get rid of this apathetic HC that is draining the life and passion from this team.For as much as I was against drafting JW, the one thing he brought to the table was passion and leadership and even that is fading fast from the rook.The long view with Lovie is a sad dark lonely path of **** until the entire team ends up where Lovie has been steering them all along... Lovie's Basement

100% agree, I never wanted him hired in the first place. Lovie is a joke. I clamored for it last year but realize we're stuck with him and he has basically a free pass this year with a rookie QB even though I don't like it. We won't be successful until he's fired, and I'd rather do it today, but I'm not a Glazer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am worried about his mechanics. He is really young though and the team around him is mostly doodoo. 12 more games to improve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure what your expectations were this season. I haven't been surprised by anything I've seen so far in terms of the QB (I expected more from our defense but should have known better with the lack of DE talent). A rookie QB is going to have ups and downs, at times looking like he's regressing, and will have some real stinker games. All part of the process.I prefer to take the long view over the weekly fanatical reactionary/hindsight machine types, but that's just me.

Did you miss all the #ProReady hype? This guy is suppossedly the most ProReady quarterback since football was invented. His play so far is just reality catching up to that pre-draft hype.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you miss all the #ProReady hype? This guy is suppossedly the most ProReady quarterback since football was invented. His play so far is just reality catching up to that pre-draft hype.

I believe most were saying "the best prospect since Luck", I'm not sure that's changed honestly even with some poor play like yesterday. Peyton was also a pro ready, can't miss type prospect as well and posted above was his statline for the first 4 games. Jameis has slightly better numbers, take it for what it's worth...it is just stats after all but the context is valid imo. Again, not really sure what you expected for a rookie on an awful team, I thought he'd throw a ton of picks this year and show some glimpses in between some bad play. He's on the course I expected so far, and I was one of the people that wanted to draft him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No point in trying to reason with the people who have labeled him a bust after 4 games. So ridiculous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s not a bust.  But the comparisons to HOF’ers is stupid and irrelevant.  The current NFL is completely different than when Manning arrived, disagree?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Different time in football. Manning’s rookie season was a time when defense was allowed to be played… Manning never had screwed up mechanics and an even worse roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's not a bust.  But the comparisons to HOF'ers is stupid and irrelevant.  The current NFL is completely different than when Manning arrived, disagree?

Always hard to compare two players on different teams in different eras. The rules were much harsher for QBs back then. I'd argue Peyton had more talent to work with on his offense than Jameis has, but yes I agree as they are just stats. Not really sure how else you could do a comparison like this though other than stats....?Take them for what they are worth, the context is valid, but in the end they are just numbers. Point of the thread is maybe to give the kid a little time before we crucify him, even one of the best QBs in the history of the game started out rocky and he was on a better overall team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This Manning stuff needs to be a bit more applicable by noting in Peyton’s second year he wasn’t a bunch more productive, he simply was able to eliminate mistakes.  It was later, as he learned the game, and that squad improved, that he became the HOFer…

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.