Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Jared Lorenzen: Jameis Winston is not JaMarcus Russell, he's not meBy Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.comApril 2, 2015 3:00 pm ET 16809227077_7c12b3fa7b_o.pngJameis Winston has a supporter in Jared Lorenzen. (Getty Images)Jared Lorenzen, known as the Hefty Lefty and J. Load (among other ample-bodied-related nicknames) during his college and NFL playing days, has some advice for Jameis Winston, whose less-than-muscular physique has been called into question in the weeks and months leading up to the NFL Draft: Ignore the critics.“Everybody goes back to the famous picture of Tom Brady when they saw him (when he was a sixth-rounder),” Lorenzen said on CBS Sports Radio's The DA Show. “By no means is (Winston) going to be Tom Brady, but by no means is he JaMarcus Russell, either. He's not me. He doesn't look that big. He's just a big guy. If I had any advice to give to him, I would say everybody that's talking right now, just block it out unless it's your agent or the Tampa Bay Bucs -- because that's all that matters right now."Lorenzen offered more proof.“You're not outrunning people,” he continued. “You still got to have your quick feet. You still got to have your mobility, quick arm release, all that. But I don't think being big at the quarterback position is a bad thing. I was talking to some people earlier: Name me the last big quarterback that got hurt. You look around the league, all these skinny guys that can run around -- RG3 -- all these guys are always hurt. The big guys are used to it. We can take the pounding. We can take what it's like to play 16 to 20 games a season.”Somewhere, Jay Gruden nods knowingly.Lorenzen, who was Eli Manning's backup in New York from 2004-2007, says his playing weight was around 300 pounds."I was probably a little bit on the extreme side," he conceded, "... but I never missed a game due to injury in my career going all the way back to when I was young. Most big guys don't. They can take a pounding."This isn't the first time Lorenzen has defended big-boned quarterbacks. In February, he tweeted this:              16394210694_1b0d68a56b_o.png17016105301_5dc3602ef3_o.pngjared lorenzen  @JaredLorenzen22 In honor of #FatTuesday I will play "who looks better?" P.S. The answer is obvious. #biggerisbetter #22 9:09 AM - 17 Feb 2015 Like Russell, Winston will likely be the No. 1 pick in the draft later this month. And one of the best ways to distance himself from Russell, arguably the biggest bust in NFL history, has nothing to do with his weight and everything to do with his on-field performance.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fat guys defending one another . You gotta love it !

• Anonymous

Inactive

“If I have one piece of advice for Winston, when the center snaps the ball, don’t mistake it for a Christmas turkey and try to eat it.” – Jared Lorenzen

• Anonymous

Inactive

….every girl needs a “fat” friend to look better next to.  8)

• Anonymous

Inactive

....every girl needs a "fat" friend to look better next to.  8)

:-*

• Anonymous

Inactive

You gotta love J. Load. By far the best QB moniker.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had a lot of good monikers. Hefty Lefty and Battleship Lorenzen were good too.

• install

Participant

If Winston is Shaun King Fat …. Look out.  Lol. Thread is book marked

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had a lot of good monikers. Hefty Lefty and Battleship Lorenzen were good too.

Battleship Lorenzen is freaking hilariousUSS Jared R. Lorenzen

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Pillsbury Throw-Boy was my favorite.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL...Yes ! I forgot that one .

• Anonymous

Inactive

Battleship Lorenzen is freaking hilariousUSS Jared R. Lorenzen

LMAO

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol hilarious!Posted that same pic of J Lo in the Winston fat thread weeks ago!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.