Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Based on all the media reports that I have read the past 48 hours and what fans around the NFL think it is clear.  Jameis Winston is being underrated by a lot of people including a lot of Bucs fans.The season hasn't started yet but all the OROY talk is focused on Gurley, Mariota, Cooper, etc.It seems that with the pre season people are jumping to a lot of conclusions.  I find that interesting!Winston as an underdog heading into the season despite being the #1 overall pick? I'll take it all day every day.  This young kid is going to surprise a lot of people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GOOD!The lack of media buzz is actually a good thing.  Nothing like setting a rookie up on an unachievable pedestal. Realistic expectations of flashes of great, frustrating moments of "WTF" but mostly, and hopefully, an improving QB and team leader.  Who cares about OROY.  Didn't do RG3 any good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GOOD!The lack of media buzz is actually a good thing. Nothing like setting a rookie up on an unachievable pedestal. Realistic expectations of flashes of great, frustrating moments of "WTF" but mostly, and hopefully, an improving QB and team leader.  Who cares about OROY.  Didn't do RG3 any good.

That's been done already. They just relocated those goalposts upon further review.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“lack of media buzz” is overrated…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GOOD!The lack of media buzz is actually a good thing. Nothing like setting a rookie up on an unachievable pedestal. Realistic expectations of flashes of great, frustrating moments of "WTF" but mostly, and hopefully, an improving QB and team leader.  Who cares about OROY.  Didn't do RG3 any good.

That's been done already. They just relocated those goalposts upon further review.

Whom is the "They" to which you refer?  The media?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nehhh just the offseason keyboard crusaders. The ish was shoveled pretty high before the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on all the media reports that I have read the past 48 hours and what fans around the NFL think it is clear.  Jameis Winston is being underrated by a lot of people including a lot of Bucs fans.The season hasn't started yet but all the OROY talk is focused on Gurley, Mariota, Cooper, etc.It seems that with the pre season people are jumping to a lot of conclusions.  I find that interesting!Winston as an underdog heading into the season despite being the #1 overall pick? I'll take it all day every day.  This young kid is going to surprise a lot of people.

I think it'll be Cooper by a landslide.  Gurley has less than a 0% chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nehhh just the offseason keyboard crusaders. The ish was shoveled pretty high before the draft.

Yup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just my opinion…neither Winston or Mariota are overrated or underrated yet. Get a few games under your belt of real football and then we can start discussing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK.  So you were not really responding to what you quoted?  Just shoe horning another Mariota fanboy flame post into a quasi related subject?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK.  So you were not really responding to what you quoted?  Just shoe horning another Mariota fanboy flame post into a quasi related subject?

I was only talking about the bolded part. And what does the QB in Tennessee have to do with this?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

bypass the fluff.......enjoy the season.......at the end of it all......you'll know the factual ratings....if that's what you are into.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was only talking about the bolded part. And what does the QB in Tennessee have to do with this?

The bolded part about media buzz generating undue expectations on a rookie?  I thought you said your comment was not about the media?You pine for Mariota on this forum constantly.  Despite posting that you were fine with either, you have let no opportunity to snipe at him (or those who wanted him over Mariota) pass.  Which is completely legitimate imo.  You wanted Marcus.  You feel we picked the wrong guy.  You have carved that position out very clearly and none of us will ever be able to deny you the Mariota high ground.What that has to do with this thread, is my confusion with your initial comment.  I should have known that you were twisting the comment and talking about your fellow message board posters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bolded part about media buzz generating undue expectations on a rookie?  I thought you said your comment was not about the media?You pine for Mariota on this forum constantly.  Despite posting that you were fine with either, you have let no opportunity to snipe at him (or those who wanted him over Mariota) pass.  Which is completely legitimate imo.  You wanted Marcus.  You feel we picked the wrong guy.  You have carved that position out very clearly and none of us will ever be able to deny you the Mariota high ground.What that has to do with this thread, is my confusion with your initial comment.  I should have known that you were twisting the comment and talking about your fellow message board posters.

Correct on all fronts. We might be married. You know me so well. Even though I believe in the other guy more, I'm a buc fan first and foremost, so I'm rolling with the one we got. I just like to throw jabs when I can after all of that big  talk we had around here in the offseason. Nothing more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He isn’t in the ROTY running because everybody is projecting Winston to throw 20 INT’s this year because of his last year. Where his best WR was 5’9 and had a bunch of underclassmen. I digress, the guy makes mistakes too and forces passes but he is damn good.They think Mariota will be more efficient as a passer and lesser turnovers. Congrats Titans enjoy your captain check down and punt on 4th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Correct on all fronts. We might be married. You know me so well. Even though I believe in the other guy more, I'm a buc fan first and foremost, so I'm rolling with the one we got. I just like to throw jabs when I can after all of that big  talk we had around here in the offseason. Nothing more.

Well shit.  I was hoping to work out more nicotine craving frustrations than that tbh......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

winston killing it on ESPN today.  i heard ESPN got new management and a new direction.

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.