James Jones expected to be released by Raiders.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SO CAL BUC FAN
    Participant

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12818241/oakland-raiders-release-wide-receiver-james-jonesThoughts? Better than Shepard, Herron and Yo Murph...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12818241/oakland-raiders-release-wide-receiver-james-jonesThoughts? Better than Sheperd...

If he doesnt play ST then he's not better than Shep.I think it's clear how much they valued him last year. Herron was captain of the inactive squad, Owusu got cut, Streeter who was supposedly having a good camp was cut, and Patton was cut and brought back more times than Derek Hardman. They like Shep brings apparently.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    rmslpn
    Participant

he will be 32 years old, no thanks

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    NavyBuc19
    Participant

He’ll go back to Green Bay

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just thinking with the Rookies being Special Team material that would leave open the thought that Shepard, Herron & Patton compete for a job on the roster against him.Jones was paid by the Raiders could be a low level Vet salary option now. He is 31 But, caught 73 balls last year.Also, it would guard against an injury so we didn't have just Murphy and a Rookie if anything happened to VJAX & Evans.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just thinking with the Rookies being Special Team material that would leave open the thought that Shepard, Herron & Patton compete for a job on the roster against him.Jones was paid by the Raiders could be a low level Vet salary option now. He is 32 But, caught 73 balls last year.Also, it would guard against an injury so we didn't have just Murphy and a Rookie if anything happened to VJAX & Evans.

Without Jones, two of these guys will probably not make the team unless Herron pulls a rabbit out his ass. He was losing snaps late to Taveres King.I think you'll see Jackson, Evans, Murphy, Bell, Clay, and Shep as the receivers next year. Herron may if he does a 180 and I  don't think Patton makes it all.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was just thinking with the Rookies being Special Team material that would leave open the thought that Shepard, Herron & Patton compete for a job on the roster against him.Jones was paid by the Raiders could be a low level Vet salary option now. He is 32 But, caught 73 balls last year.Also, it would guard against an injury so we didn't have just Murphy and a Rookie if anything happened to VJAX & Evans.

Without Jones, two of these guys will probably not make the team unless Herron pulls a rabbit out his ass. He was losing snaps late to Taveres King.I think you'll see Jackson, Evans, Murphy, Bell, Clay, and Shep as the receivers next year. Herron may if he does a 180 and I  don't think Patton makes it all.

Herron had the drops and Shepard hasn't done anything in 2 years. Patton is toast with Bell & Clay coming in..

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I was wanting TB to sign him LAST offseason– way better than the (slot) TRASH the Bucs rolled out on the field in ’14…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.