Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• BucsGuru

Participant

Below is ESPN grade for Cam Newton…#85.  This is after four seasons in the NFL.  He was a man among boys at Auburn, was very accurate with the pass and an incredible runner…much like Vince Young.  With that said, how does Jamies Winston compare to Cam Newton?  From my last two years on the sideline in Tallahassee I would say Winston is every bit the passer that Newton is, if not slightly better.  In Winston's rookie season where he had more talent around him, he was able to stay in the pocket and deliver passes to a receiving corp that may have been the best in the nation.  His second year at FSU he played without as many talented players and we saw the effects it had on his game.  When forced to throw or run, he would typically opt to throw, which against better opponents, resulted in many interceptions.  When he would run, he either had minimal gains or took a sack.  Can Jamies Winston become a decent NFL quarterback...that's the question.  The Bucs are hoping for not only a decent one, but a franchise quarterback.  I just don't see this happening.85. Cam Newton | Panthers | Rating: 80.39Cam Newton has an incredible 33 rushing TDs in his four NFL seasons.While Newton is not an elite NFL passer, voters still see him as the difference between a competitive Carolina squad and one of the worst teams in the NFL. "You have to consider Newton in the context of what the Panthers asked him to do last year: play through broken ribs with very little pass protection and a poor receiving corps," said one panelist. Nobody doubts Newton's almost unique ability to carry a team both as a passer and often the best running option. The question is whether he'll ever have enough help to not have to be both.Add it up: Newton rushed for 2,571 yards and 33 TDs so far, the most of any QB in his first four seasons since the NFL-AFL merger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do not see much similarity between the two other than they were very successful against tough competition in college. Cams mobility is Elite but decision making and accuracy is below average. Jameis has average mobility with Elite accuracy, but decision making is inconsistent and all over the place. Hes a gunslinger and when its working boy it really works, but when its not it can get ugly. But props to you for coming up your own analysis, and its refreshing from a sideline perspective not from TV

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston as a rookie, is light years ahead of Newton in terms of overall accuracy. Cam has improved that over the years but he still struggles with consistency.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing they have in common is skin color. They are completely different from a skill set perspective.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do not see much similarity between the two other than they were very successful against tough competition in college. Cams mobility is Elite but decision making and accuracy is below average. Jameis has average mobility with Elite accuracy, but decision making is inconsistent and all over the place. Hes a gunslinger and when its working boy it really works, but when its not it can get ugly. But props to you for coming up your own analysis, and its refreshing from a sideline perspective not from TV

The only difference was that Winston played in the ACC...which was weak to say the least.  Cam played in the SEC and beat some extremely talented teams.  I agree Winston is a much better passer than Cam, but not even Montana could play behind our offensive line!  So I suspect we are going to see Winston throw lots of interceptions, get sacked over and over, and become the next great Check-Down QB out of Tampa!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only difference was that Winston played in the ACC...which was weak to say the least.  Cam played in the SEC and beat some extremely talented teams.  I agree Winston is a much better passer than Cam, but not even Montana could play behind our offensive line!  So I suspect we are going to see Winston throw lots of interceptions, get sacked over and over, and become the next great Check-Down QB out of Tampa!

I don’t think Winston will ever allow himself to become a check down passer. He will live or die as a gunslinger and you are right, playing on a bad team with a poor o-line will probably not help a rookie gunslinger look very good. That being said I think hes mentally strong enough to take his licks this year and get better from it, and either be one of those elite Quarterbacks who can make a bad team look good, or make a good team great. Or we could just have a poor supporting cast around him for years and he cant overcome that lol which we all hope wont be the case

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Cam is a winner. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cam is a winner.

Oh yes, his career 30-31-1 record as a starter screams winner.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cam is a winner.

That might be the case if didnt have an overall losing record in the NFL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was actually shocked by Cam Newton's rookie season because the Quarterback I saw was "Tebow-esque" in his accuracy. To his credit, he was a little better than I thought he'd be.As for Winston, he comes in, day one, as a more accurate QB than Cam Newton. He's not the athlete Newton is, that's not even debatable. Still, I like Winston's football IQ better.I think eventually, Winston will be the better QB overall. He's not yet...and may not be this season. But he will.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Cam is a winner.

what is his record the last two years?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cam is a winner.

Well, last year he was 5-8-1.But he did get a boost from his defense in 2013 to go 12-4. Good for him. One year out of four he had a winning record.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cam is a winner.

You should run along, bub, you are making yourself look silly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His second year at FSU he played without as many talented players and we saw the effects it had on his game. 

More excuses.  That's all the NoleTrolls do these days.  Excuses, excuses, excuses../

but not even Montana could play behind our offensive line! 

Pre-emptive excuses...

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

worse than Freemanites.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

worse than Freemanites.

Don't you have another bandwagon to go jump on? You're running late.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The downfall of S&B has been epic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those unaware… His screen name is Luke Kuechly backwards… If you had any doubts about who that is, there it is

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those unaware... His screen name is Luke Kuechly backwards... If you had any doubts about who that is, there it is

And here I am thinking his screen name was some sort of terribly contagious and lethal medical infection.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where is he I haven't seen him here in a while. Finally got the boot?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston won’t have his head down and sit away from his teammates that is a sure thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those unaware... His screen name is Luke Kuechly backwards... If you had any doubts about who that is, there it is

how the heck does an NFL player have time to be posting a message board during the season.  crazy.  guess if they have time for xbox they got time for trolling.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

So you recognized him too. That didn't take long. A pig with wig and lipstick on is still a pig.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.