Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

We need a sure handed WR. He is still out there and should be cheap. Should give him a shot.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably signing with the Panthers

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t hurt. We could use another experienced receiver. Then it may not be the end of the world if we don’t get two early in the draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Slowness… No thank you

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d rather give Miles Austin or Sidney rice a flyer

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Williams now in our rear view mirror, Austin would be my choice. I expect there’ll be competition, tho’…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd rather give Miles Austin or Sidney rice a flyer

Agreed, I'll take either of these guys. Avant wouldn't bother me though, the guy can move the chains.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t realize Sidney Rice was out there. He’d be by far our 2nd best receiver. Sign me up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no to Sidney Rice. He's an injury waiting to happen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no to Sidney Rice. He's an injury waiting to happen.

so is Miles Austin.. i hate that fragile lil **tch.. don't want him here

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not saying I’d be counting on Rice to start or anything , but as a flyer this late in FA ? Why not?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very similar to Ike back when he was with us

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rice and Austin are both injury prone but Rice has more speed and playmaking ability than anyone else out there right now, I’d give him a shot. I would have liked Burleson.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rice is fragile as they get, playmaker when he is on the field though. Problem is he’s always hurt and thinks he is a super star. Will want more $$ than we will want to pay.Pass..... If he signs a minimum contract it will be in Seattle.Wait for the draft.  There will also be some veteran receivers available later for depth.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Robert Meachem is available and has decent wheels (sub 4.4). He knows the division.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I forgot Meachem is still out there. He’s nothing exciting but he’s better than Hawkins or Murphy. All the guys mentioned in this thread are haha.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He came up pretty big fro Brees in the playoffs IIRC correctly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Robert Meachum is garbage. He’ll be Maurice Stovall if anybody other than Brees throws him the ball.SD signed him and dropped him in 20 minutes.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure about the garbage comment. SD pretty much had issues that entire year. Rivers wasn’t exactly lighting it up until wisenhunt came to town. Of the FA WR’s out there, he is one that I’d kick the wheels on. Not expecting him to  be a #1.

• majbodoh

Participant

Avant could be a useful #3 type receiver, though Meachem could be a decent option as well. Granted Meachem didn’t get much use last season but he did make an impact when he did get passes thrown his way. I think either of those guys could be good additions to the receiving core. As for a guy like Miles Austin or Sidney Rice, again they are two guys that could be very useful #3 receivers if they can remain healthy. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Signed with Carolina

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.