Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• TampaBayBucs55

Participant

The all-star QB officially requested a trade from the Texans.

We could solidify our franchise as a perrenial SB contender for the next decade or two. Noone wants to sit in RayJay and watch another 5-year failed Freeman/Winston experiment. Bring in a proven player now, even if it means making the guy sit for a year or two while Brady finishes he career as a Buc.

1.)There is no guarantee that Brady will not suffer a serious injury next season.

2.) There is no telling when father time could catch Brady. Father time catches every player and sometimes it happens abruptly.

3.) There is no telling when Brady will retire. It could happen in a couple of weeks for all we know, reguardless of what Brady says today.

• buc_boi

Participant

Dudes overrated

• BChaves8

Participant

Guy is disgruntled in Houston, think he’s going to want to come here and sit behind Brady for a year? Think we’re going to pay him AND Brady?

C’mon

• jcaulfield8

Participant

60million for 2 qbs. Gtfo now

• dexmonkey

Participant

hell no. too much draft capital and cap hit

hes being a huge baby. Houston’s management and owner suck but Watson isnt being an adult about it either. hes entering Carson Wentz crybaby territory

• buc-in-out

Participant

It’s gonna cost four 1st round picks easily. You willing to pay that?

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Hell no. No way I butcher my next four drafts for one guy.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Some team will do it for a 2 year window at best because your franchise will be crippled after that. Between his contract and what Houston will want in draft capital, I pity the team that does it if they don’t win immediately.

It certainly won’t be here because Watson will refuse a trade going to a team where he won’t be the starter. To think otherwise is laughable. But for argument’s sake let’s say he’d accept that trade, as was said earlier, there is no way you can pay $60 million between two guys, one of whom isn’t even playing. It’s not in the realm of possibility.

• buc-in-out

Participant

The only teams who have the draft capital to pull of this monster trade are the Jets and Dolphins, who each have two 1st round picks, with one each in the top 5, and young QBs to send back to Houston.

The Jets could package Darnold, their two 2021 1st round picks, a 1st round pick and 3rd round pick in 2022.

That’s the package I’d imagine it would take to land Watson.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Keep in mind that Watson has a no trade clause in his contract. He can void any trade. He will not accept a trade to the Jets. He wants to play for a contender and not sit on a shitty team (he does that already).

The Dolphins can lowball the Texans for Watson. Their lower first round pick, their higher second round pick and Tua should get it done.

• buc-in-out

Participant

So you think that’s all it would cost? Watson’s 25 years old, if Jamal Adams is worth two firsts and a 3rd, Watson is worth easily twice that.

Watson said his preferred destination is the Jets, he wants to play under the bright lights.

• dexmonkey

Participant

one more reason i dont want him is that hes full of it

he says he wants to play for a winner yet would prefer the Jets over the Dolphins. that is a laughable statement considering the fortunes and outlook of those two teams. hes chasing ad money, not winning a championship or even a division title

• FsstNfurios

Participant

We have the same odds of getting Mahommes. Not gonna happen OP.

• seekpar

Participant

Don’t blame him for being pissed. Buffoon coach trades his best receiver and then gets fired. Incompetent ownership. Not enough horsepower around him. I’m surprised JJ Watt isn’t trying to get out also. Careers wasting away in Houston.

As for Watson coming here, as Ocho Cinco would say…”Child please!”

• blah

Participant

Id wait next year when Arod becomes available.

• Tyler

Participant

Why do people want arod so bad? He seems like a complete crappy teammate. Never takes ownership of his mistakes. Refuses to talk to his own family. Even though they have reached out to him. Refused to go to his brothers wedding even though his brother begged him to go… idk if he can’t even get along with his family how does he lead a team? Sure his talent and having one of the best olines in football has helped him get by. But why would you want him on your team?

Just to add I obviously don’t know him so maybe he is just misunderstood, I’m not saying I’m right or anything but everything I’ve read about him tells me stay away. But again maybe I’m just way way off.

But we gave him opportunities to win the game and he couldn’t. Ask yourself why. (Besides our defense playing amazing)

• RW

Participant

At the same time why not trade for Davante Adams because Mike Evans could get injured, retire or get the dropsies!
      Woah you need to give your head a shake!

• creamsicles

Participant

The idea is intriguing, but I believe the Bucs would benefit most from another year (at least) from Brady. He has changed the culture, and I’d like more time for the culture change to be institutionalized so that it will continue after he leaves. I believe this culture change with related work ethic will help the team far more than any individual player.

• kenntak

Participant

Mortgage the future for Watson? That’s not smart.

• seekpar

Participant

^^^^^this^^^^^

• buc-in-out

Participant

Rumor has it that the Panthers would be very interested… please no! We’ve just got rid of Brees, don’t give us Watson!

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

There’s going to be a large list of teams interested considering the failure of the qb position this season for a number of teams. The Bucs are not in a position to be one of them considering they still have another year where the window is open, and after that it’s rebuilding time again.

• seekpar

Participant

Adam Schefter has the over/under at 18 for NFL teams changing QBs 2020 to 2021. Some of them have already happened or could happen.

IND Rivers retired
      DET Trading Stafford
      JAX Drafting a new QB
      NE Newton won’t be back

NO Brees will probably retire
      HOU Watson trade or sit out
      SF Looking hard at Stafford
      LAR Rumblings about not satisfied with Goff’s play
      WFT revolving door at QB

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.