Viewing 115 reply threads

• Author

• BucsOnDeck88

Participant

Heard on Sirius XM radio– Jason Licht: I think with the moves we have made in free agency this year, all options are open. We are going to go with the best available player in the draft, throughout the draft. You can never have too many good football players. We love thinking this football team is successful if we look at it from front to back. We are going to look to upgrade some [starter] positions, some backup positions, front to back, but the other positions are positions where we need to get the best players we can.[hr]http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=109220#more-109220

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good. I've heard this song and dance from GMs in the pass, but I really hope Licht sticks to it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am very glad we made the FA moves we did.  Spreading it out allowed us to go BPA…dont think the fans are used to it, but also makes me think we trade out of 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BP that fits our system A. I am all for this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am very glad we made the FA moves we did.  Spreading it out allowed us to go BPA...dont think the fans are used to it, but also makes me think we trade out of 7.

Yep; another benefit from the Revis event is it’ll be easier to get a 4th rounder than a 3rd rounder by trading back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sweet.  I'm finding it difficult to dislike anything these guys are doing.Man, this is going to be good.  Can you imagine watching the Bucs and not being worried about the shoe dropping as we have had become accustomed to...  That alone is worth the price of season tix.  Get a rookie QB to develop and I may have to move back to Tampa.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen.. They’re hoping for a QB to fall into their laps at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good. I've heard this song and dance from GMs in the pass, but I really hope Licht sticks to it.

True, I hope this GM means it, not only in the pass but in the run, the pass, the defense and the special teams, all areas. Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smokescreen.. They're hoping for a QB to fall into their laps at 7.

Are they going to take any old QB at 7 or only if the one left is BPA though. We could all hope for a QB but would we take one over someone more skilled> That's the question and I think he's saying that we won't do that though we prolly do prefer a QB to fall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sweet.  I'm finding it difficult to dislike anything these guys are doing.Man, this is going to be good.  Can you imagine watching the Bucs and not being worried about the shoe dropping as we have had become accustomed to...  That alone is worth the price of season tix.  Get a rookie QB to develop and I may have to move back to Tampa.  :)

+1Except for the moving back to Tampa bit. I love the Tampa Bay area but I am not leaving the land of milk and honey to go back to that financially fucked city.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way that happens. I think Houston, Jax, and Cleveland all take a QB. St. Louis take Clowney, Oakland takes Watkins. We should probably trade back because we would have one of the tackles available which isn't a bad idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way that happens. I think Houston, Jax, and Cleveland all take a QB. St. Louis take Clowney, Oakland takes Watkins. We should probably trade back because we would have one of the tackles available which isn't a bad idea.

If that is how it plays out, and in all likelihood you're probably correct, this guy Mack sounds like he could be a beast and I'd hope we would stay put and not let him slide by.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully this means Bridgewater at Seven and if he isn’t there Watkins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Penn signs with the Skins then Oakland pretty much has to take an OT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade UP with STL for Bridgewater.Two firsts.Perfect plan and off season - sit him for a year.At this point, they can pick who they want...  And hope the don't settle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No real GM is going to draft a QB at #7 in this draft - even if every QB in this draft is still around at 7, we are not drafting a QB.  Zero value in a QB at 7 particularly when someone like Mettenberger can be had in the 4th round. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know Melon, I agree with what you wrote except for one thing. I too find it difficult to dislike any of their moves. I was truly able to get excited about Lovie taking over, there's not one replaced players we didn't replace with better but there is that one thing.I'm just not getting excited. I can feel where hope and optimism will get me there eventially and I'll be all in fan mode come the fall but now, I'm kinda numb. We've done this dance so often lately that it's hard to be excited.As an aside I realized that since we nixed the Marvin Lewis deal  Cincinnati has been to the playoffs more than we have. We did win the super bowl the first year but maybe we still would have. He took over the Freakin  Bengals and they're a better organization than we are. SIGH. You never know, It's almost like, well, three craptastic regimes in a row, here's a thought, maybe its you. I dunno.I read all the updates and I evaluate the moves and approve but it's like an objective exercise rather than an exciting fan exercise you know. With the uniforms changing too it really is rooting for an entirely new team even though bringing Lovie in is supposed to help I have lost the feeling of this team. I like football and I will follow us but right now I just feel like the past is dead and this is a new thing they want me to follow and it's hard. Sounds weird I know. Anyone else feel this way or just me? September can't get here soon enough. This offseason sucks to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all three top qbs are there when the bucs pick one will become a buccaneer.  To think otherwise is inconsistent with the happenings of FA as L&L have put their mark on this roster.  I don’t expect any of the top three to be there, so I anticipate the bucs look in the later rounds. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe it’s the reality that all these guys are better than what we had which is depressing enough  but they’re not game changers, none of them are that level. We sure will be far more competent but how much will that matter. If building through the draft is how we’re building this team we don’t even know who that’s going to be yet and talented as these guys are, they’re really just NFL guys. We’re getting excited for a McCown. That saddens me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No real GM is going to draft a QB at #7 in this draft - even if every QB in this draft is still around at 7, we are not drafting a QB.  Zero value in a QB at 7 particularly when someone like Mettenberger can be had in the 4th round.

What are you talking about ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are you talking about ?

Last years most productive rookie QB is a Buccaneer.  The Bucs just signed the top free agent QB.  There has been no indication, combine or otherwise that any of the top rated QB's are franchise type guys.  A new GM can't be some fanboy hoping to get some flashy new toy, he has to be smart.  I think we will wait on a QB.  I hope we will wait on a QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, let’s not act like the top FA QB means much if anything.  McCown isn’t an answer and they didn’t bring him in because they think Glennon is either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was trying to compose a nice way to convey that message dal – thanks for providing that touch of reality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, let's not act like the top FA QB means much if anything.  McCown isn't an answer and they didn't bring him in because they think Glennon is either.

Fair enough.  I may be wrong about Glennon, I was about Freeman, but I really think he's going to be a solid QB soon.  He works his ass off!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe it's the reality that all these guys are better than what we had which is depressing enough  but they're not game changers, none of them are that level. We sure will be far more competent but how much will that matter. If building through the draft is how we're building this team we don't even know who that's going to be yet and talented as these guys are, they're really just NFL guys. We're getting excited for a McCown. That saddens me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this type of sentiment is directly related to most every fans expectation that their team must be filled with superstars at every position.Its an unrealistic view of individual players..  Its not reasonable nor possib!e. I will say a group of men committed and lead to a common goal are 'game changers'.  Win as team as the old saying goes...  Not one of these guys can do it alone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, let's not act like the top FA QB means much if anything.  McCown isn't an answer and they didn't bring him in because they think Glennon is either.

Fair enough.  I may be wrong about Glennon, I was about Freeman, but I really think he's going to be a solid QB soon.  He works his ass off!

Like I have said before, McCown was brought in because the coaching staff believes Glennon can learn behind him. Glennon may have been rushed to play. The BPA at #7 will not be a QB in this draft. There are too many great players at other positions this year and I don't see the next Andrew Luck in this QB class.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe it's the reality that all these guys are better than what we had which is depressing enough  but they're not game changers, none of them are that level. We sure will be far more competent but how much will that matter. If building through the draft is how we're building this team we don't even know who that's going to be yet and talented as these guys are, they're really just NFL guys. We're getting excited for a McCown. That saddens me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this type of sentiment is directly related to most every fans expectation that their team must be filled with superstars at every position.Its an unrealistic view of individual players..  Its not reasonable nor possib!e. I will say a group of men committed and lead to a common goal are 'game changers'.  Win as team as the old saying goes...  Not one of these guys can do it alone.

I'm not personally espousing the star at every position view by any means. It's one thing I have spoken out against here. It's about team building and where we are in that cycle. We aren't in the part of the cycle where we can add a few game changers and turn the corner. We're at the stage where we need to replace so much we can't even afford our own game changers  much less bring any new ones in. The sad thing is that I agree with what we're doing but last offseason was so optimistic because we thought we were on the verge and we brought in a playmaker. Now, we just don't suck as badly as we did and we really don't know if this team is going to be the nucleus thats going to work. It's just these guys gambles.It feels like I'm rooting for a bunch of mercenaries right now. Hopefully many of these guys work and I'll start thinking about them as Bucs but right now, there's precious few Bucs on the team old or new to fit that category. Just makes me sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I have said before, McCown was brought in because the coaching staff believes Glennon can learn behind him. Glennon may have been rushed to play. The BPA at #7 will not be a QB in this draft. There are too many great players at other positions this year and I don't see the next Andrew Luck in this QB class.

are you honestly a Glennon fan ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you honestly a Manziel fan?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The team is positioned to take a QB in round 1. They have McCown on a 2 year deal so in that time period they can develop him and eventually turn the offense over to him. In the meantime they can let Glennon and him battle it out for the back up job. Glennon will likely be dealt next offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They really need to drop back a bit, say with the Rams, and try to snag another 2nd.We really need some more pass rush from the line, a QB with actual potential to be good, a couple of speedy targets at WR/TE and maybe a corner.We're too limited in picks to grab all those things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They really need to drop back a bit, say with the Rams, and try to snag another 2nd.We really need some more pass rush from the line, a QB with actual potential to be good, a couple of speedy targets at WR/TE and maybe a corner.We're too limited in picks to grab all those things.

i love the idea of trading back.  but if we are going to target a QB, trading back is the last thing i want to do.  QBs can be found anywhere, but being able to hand pick a guy rather than take whats there should be a better indicator of future success. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i love the idea of trading back.  but if we are going to target a QB, trading back is the last thing i want to do.  QBs can be found anywhere, but being able to hand pick a guy rather than take whats there should be a better indicator of future success.

Don't get me wrong, IF the right QB is there you forget the other needs and go get them, thing is I'm no more sold on any of the top 3 being a franchise guy than I am Carr or Garoppolo.I think if you can work it to where you get Carr, Beckham and Seferian-Jenkins in the first 2 rounds and then a Jared Allen/Greg Hardy type later pick with the 3rd you would be far better off than with JFF and just 1 target.I love our signings but we've not really done much to address the lack of weapons for whoever the QB is and the over lack of speed.We're far better off than where were just a week ago but we have issues that need fixing before all the talk of playoffs is close to being a reality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great thing to say, but how can you know who the best player is? ;P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to think that happens (picking the BPA), but team draft boards are different than analyst draft boards, so why Kiper or Maycock are promoting this guy or that guy, especially a guy that has dropped several positions below their expected ranking, that guy isn’t necessarily high on the team boards or is even listed. Also, you can’t always follow BPA anyway, if you grab a quarterback in round 1, but the very best player available in round 2 is also a quarterback, you aren’t going to pick him, even if he represents great value.BPA is just an excuse to pick whomever you damn well please IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heard on Sirius XM radio-- Jason Licht: I think with the moves we have made in free agency this year, all options are open. We are going to go with the best available player in the draft, throughout the draft. You can never have too many good football players. We love thinking this football team is successful if we look at it from front to back. We are going to look to upgrade some [starter] positions, some backup positions, front to back, but the other positions are positions where we need to get the best players we

I already believed that our FO was smart enough to not waste our pick at 7 on a QB, but this is reassuring to know they get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Penn signs with the Skins then Oakland pretty much has to take an OT

^This .Al Davis is dead . They aren't going to take Watkins just because he's fast when they have such a glaring need at Tackle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to think that happens (picking the BPA), but team draft boards are different than analyst draft boards, so why Kiper or May**CENSORED** are promoting this guy or that guy, especially a guy that has dropped several positions below their expected ranking, that guy isn't necessarily high on the team boards or is even listed. Also, you can't always follow BPA anyway, if you grab a quarterback in round 1, but the very best player available in round 2 is also a quarterback, you aren't going to pick him, even if he represents great value.BPA is just an excuse to pick whomever you damn well please IMO.

That's exactly how I feel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you honestly a Manziel fan?

I know. I was like wtf when I read his reply.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m a Glennon fan and a McCown fan. And I’ll be a Manziel fan if we draft him too. But more than anything, I’m a Bucs fan. The fact is, each of those guys will get their opportunity to start this summer and coach Lovie Smith will pick he best man for the job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm a Glennon fan and a McCown fan. And I'll be a Manziel fan if we draft him too. But more than anything, I'm a Bucs fan. The fact is, each of those guys will get their opportunity to start this summer and coach Lovie Smith will pick he best man for the job.

I'm a Bucs fan first as well. I support Glennon because we went to the same college. If McCown is the starter when the season begins, I will cheer for him. I will never hope for him to fail in order for Mike to play. I just wanted Mike to get a fair shot at being the starter and I feel it was unjust for Lovie to name McCown the starter in March.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like wins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm a Glennon fan and a McCown fan. And I'll be a Manziel fan if we draft him too. But more than anything, I'm a Bucs fan. The fact is, each of those guys will get their opportunity to start this summer and coach Lovie Smith will pick he best man for the job.

My thoughts exactly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are truly going to draft BPA, we won’t take a QB in the first round @ #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well depends on how you define best. Best talent? Best for the future of the franchise? Best value and so forth. Saying BPA is mostly piffle because, for example, we aren’t taking Lewan if he is there anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're nutz if you actually believe that nonsense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are truly going to draft BPA, we won't take a QB in the first round @ #7.

What an honor to have an NFL scout on PR :0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have your opinion and I have mine. We’ll see in May.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

May 2019? Because the BPA at 7 won’t be known for a while. It ain’t Madden when you can check the ratings right after!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So damn true.  In terns of value of the player, none of these QB's would rate in the first round.  Given the # of QBs available in this draft it's just not that strong. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people get paid a lot of money to do these evaluations. You are out of your mind, and probably new to football, if you think for one minute the Bucs should take a QB at #7 in this years draft. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So damn true.  In terns of value of the player, none of these QB's would rate in the first round.  Given the # of QBs available in this draft it's just not that strong.

No, that was the 2013 draft, foo. All the major draft guys completely agree that 2 of these QBs are first round material.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have your opinion and I have mine. We'll see in May.

If Bridgewater sits atop our draft board and he's there at 7, do you honestly think we'd pass on him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some people get paid a lot of money to do these evaluations. You are out of your mind, and probably new to football, if you think for one minute the Bucs should take a QB at #7 in this years draft.

yea, that's it. I'm new to football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Bridgewater sits atop our draft board and he's there at 7, do you honestly think we'd pass on him?

I don't know how anyone rationalizes that. No team in the league is trading a 1st round pick for Glennon at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know how anyone rationalizes that. No team in the league is trading a 1st round pick for Glennon at this point.

Bridgewater doesn't sit atop out draft board.  Even with the new regime you have to assign value to last years draft, this is not a new franchise and this is not Monopoly money.  With Glennon and McCown on our roster already more value is associated with other positions, it's really not that difficult to understand.  There are 30 other players that are substantially more valuable than any QB at the #7 spot, take your pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At nbr 2 Bridgewater is BPA.    Thats the ticket I hope this regime will punch.Everything is supposition.  A guess. A situational roll of the dice.Anyone who states they know what is happening before it actually happens is making themselves look like an idiot.    Even Licht doesn't know, cause we aren't there yet.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater doesn't sit atop out draft board.  Even with the new regime you have to assign value to last years draft, this is not a new franchise and this is not Monopoly money.  With Glennon and McCown on our roster already more value is associated with other positions, it's really not that difficult to understand.  There are 30 other players that are substantially more valuable than any QB at the #7 spot, take your pick.

This regime didn't pick Glennon.....and he may be of no value to them at all, especially with Tedford running the O.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think you pass on ANY player who is at the top of draft board AND is available for you to pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think you pass on ANY player who is at the top of draft board AND is available for you to pick.

Exactly....yet some type as if they'd seen the board. The Glazers kept the unies under wraps....yet our draft board has been exposed to PR posters. Go figure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This regime didn't pick Glennon.....and he may be of no value to them at all, especially with Tedford running the O.

The regime will throw away Revis, but not Glennon. Lmao. I think 10lb is a troll.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At nbr 2 Bridgewater is BPA.    Thats the ticket I hope this regime will punch.Everything is supposition.  A guess. A situational roll of the dice.Anyone who states they know what is happening before it actually happens is making themselves look like an idiot.    Even Licht doesn't know, cause we aren't there yet. 

I'm not saying I know what is going to happen.  I'm saying I know the moves a sane, rational, looking to become better franchise, GM would make.  You know that house you drive by on the way to work or whatever that is a complete sh*tbox, lean to, grass is all crappy,needs a coat of paint, needs a ton of repair, yet they own a 2014 Landrover? That's the kind of thinking that would go into selecting a QB with the 7th pick for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The regime will throw away Revis, but not Glennon. Lmao. I think 10lb is a troll.

lol....or Mrs Licht

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not saying I know what is going to happen.  I'm saying I know the moves a sane, rational, looking to become better franchise, GM would make.  You know that house you drive by on the way to work or whatever that is a complete sh*tbox, lean to, grass is all crappy,needs a coat of paint, needs a ton of repair, yet they own a 2014 Landrover? That's the kind of thinking that would go into selecting a QB with the 7th pick for the Bucs.

That was a terrible analogy. Every winning team has a stud at triggerman. We are a franchise that's been searching for one since.....well, forever. If Lovie feels his guy is there at 7, he'll be wearing Red & Pewter and this fan supports that whole-heartedly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not saying I know what is going to happen. 

If you know what our draft board looks like, you sure as hell should know what's going to happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was a terrible analogy. Every winning team has a stud at triggerman. We are a franchise that's been searching for one since.....well, forever. If Lovie feels his guy is there at 7, he'll be wearing Red & Pewter and this fan supports that whole-heartedly.

It's actually the perfect one.  If a franchise is interested in winning they dont try to find a new QB every year by giving up on one with lots of promise.  It's truly an insane exercise. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's actually the perfect one.  If a franchise is interested in winning they dont try to find a new QB every year by giving up on one with lots of promise.  It's truly an insane exercise.

The analogy sucks.  And if Glennon had so much "promise", McCown wouldn't be here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Promise" is what you see as you watch Glennon play?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The analogy sucks.  And if Glennon had so much "promise", McCown wouldn't be here.

Ok, now all of your mindless drivel makes sense.  You hate Glennon.  You need more than one QB genius, but you dont need three.  If you didn't see any promise in 19/9 for a rookie that was put in the worst possible situation a rookie could be put in (injuries, bad coaching, rave boy, MRSA, no protection yet he was rookie of the month for November) than you are either very dim when it comes to this game or you just dont like the way Glennon looks.  Also, you hate winning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the premier players at the top of the draft; Clowney, Watkins, Mack & the two LT will push one or more of the QB’s to us at 7. Time to get that QB, finally.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, now all of your mindless drivel makes sense.  You hate Glennon.  You need more than one QB genius, but you dont need three.  If you didn't see any promise in 19/9 for a rookie that was put in the worst possible situation a rookie could be put in (injuries, bad coaching, rave boy, MRSA, no protection yet he was rookie of the month for November) than you are either very dim when it comes to this game or you just dont like the way Glennon looks.  Also, you hate winning.

So this guy thinks Talib is the best CB in the NFL and is a Glennon-lover?  That's precious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So this guy thinks Talib is the best CB in the NFL and is a Glennon-lover?  That's precious.

Go root for the Eagles buddy or change your sig. You clearly hate all things Buccaneer and just want a "hotter" QB.  Weird stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Go root for the Eagles buddy or change your sig. You clearly hate all things Buccaneer and just want a "hotter" QB.  Weird stuff.

Your powers of observation are truly astounding.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the premier players at the top of the draft; Clowney, Watkins, Mack & the two LT will push one of more of the QB's to us at 7. Time to get that QB, finally.

Problem is that we do not know which of the QBs we consider to be elite and if that particular guy falls to us.  I'm guessing that out of the "top" guys we might only think 1 or 2 are top players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the premier players at the top of the draft; Clowney, Watkins, Mack & the two LT will push one of more of the QB's to us at 7. Time to get that QB, finally.

Problem is that we do not know which of the QBs we consider to be elite and if that particular guy falls to us.  I'm guessing that out of the "top" guys we might only think 1 or 2 are top players.

ask 10lbbass....he knows

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Manziel drops to 7, the Cowboys may want to do a trade and keep the Vikings away from their Tarkenton II.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there is a particular QB that the FO thinks is THE guy, they should definitely pick him. But, we shouldn’t be drafting a QB at 7 just because we’ll take any of the top 3 (or 4). That would be a need pick, and not a good one. There is going to be some amazing talent at 7, picking Mack or Watkins would be much safer, so they better be sure they are getting their guy if they are going QB. And yes, Glennon shows a lot of promise. I'd like to see him in the new system w/ last season under his belt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no logic or reason to just draft a guy.  Unless that reason is getting fired. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no logic or reason to just draft a guy.  Unless that reason is getting fired.

The assumption is they aren't just drafting a guy. They are betting that this is the guy if they take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The assumption is they aren't just drafting a guy. They are betting that this is the guy if they take him.

Was referring to dynasty's post above

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yes, Glennon shows a lot of promise. I'd like to see him in the new system w/ last season under his belt.

Coaches don't seem to agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe we are open to taking another QB , but aren’t dead set on it. That is what the McCown signing was about. They didn’t want to be pigeon holed into any position .They will let the draft come to them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yes, Glennon shows a lot of promise. I'd like to see him in the new system w/ last season under his belt.

Actually, it looks like coaches do agree.  If they didn't they would not have cut a deal to get McCown, they would have gone in the draft for a new QB.  Them bringing in McCown is a positive for Glennon for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, it looks like coaches do agree.  If they didn't they would not have cut a deal to get McCown, they would have gone in the draft for a new QB.  Them bringing in McCown is a positive for Glennon for sure.

I'm not gonna even ask what brought you to that conclusion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, Licht said that McCown would be a great mentor for Glennon. So all of us can guess on whichever bias we have. But no one at One Buc has publicly said that Glennon is or isn’t the future or that they’ve written it off. What they have said from the start is that they wanted a vet QB to get their regime started.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

44790_getting-a-fix_u4otpkuoohegc34cxym6cgqbe3ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x457.jpgI'm pretty sure it was positive for DaQuan Bowers when the Bucs signed Michael Johnson, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

44790_getting-a-fix_u4otpkuoohegc34cxym6cgqbe3ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x457.jpgI'm pretty sure it was positive for DaQuan Bowers when the Bucs signed Michael Johnson, too.

Ok, let's start the season with only one QB on our roster.  Your a mental midget when it comes to understanding this game if you are comparing the Michael Johnson signing with bringing McCown in. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your a mental midget

Let me give you a hint, kiddo.  When you want to attack another poster's intelligence, you might want to use the correct "you're".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your a mental midget

Let me give you a hint, kiddo.  When you want to attack another poster's intelligence, you might want to use the correct "you're".

Thanks for the grammar lesson Philly fan.  I really appreciate it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m pretty sure it was positive for DaQuan Bowers when the Bucs signed Michael Johnson, too.No comma needed after Michael Johnson in the sentence above. Weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolz @ “no comma needed”.  Keep trying, slugger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s true.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, Licht said that McCown would be a great mentor for Glennon. So all of us can guess on whichever bias we have. But no one at One Buc has publicly said that Glennon is or isn't the future or that they've written it off. What they have said from the start is that they wanted a vet QB to get their regime started.

True. But if you are going on the old actions speak louder than words thoery you have their actions.Dominik drafted Glennon......fired.Schiano gushed over Glennon..........fired.Enter Licht. His very first signing as Buccaneers GM was Mike Kafka.Licht signs Josh McCown in the first few days of free agency. Lovie Smith names Josh McCown starter over the incumbent Glennon. If you ask me Glennon is just keeping the seat warm for whoever Licht signs next. I cannot find anything based on these actions to indicate that they really like Glennon and he is who they are banking their own future on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, Licht said that McCown would be a great mentor for Glennon. So all of us can guess on whichever bias we have. But no one at One Buc has publicly said that Glennon is or isn't the future or that they've written it off. What they have said from the start is that they wanted a vet QB to get their regime started.

True. But if you are going on the old actions speak louder than words thoery you have their actions.Dominik drafted Glennon......fired.Schiano gushed over Glennon..........fired.Enter Licht. His very first signing as Buccaneers GM was Mike Kafka.Licht signs Josh McCown in the first few days of free agency. Lovie Smith names Josh McCown starter over the incumbent Glennon. If you ask me Glennon is just keeping the seat warm for whoever Licht signs next. I cannot find anything based on these actions to indicate that they really like Glennon and he is who they are banking their own future on.

If the Bucs don't draft a QB, then Kafka must be the QB of the future based on what you have written above because there is no way it can be Glennon. Right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolz @ "no comma needed".  Keep trying, slugger.

It's true.

The editors at the Chicago Manual of Style share their opinion:Use commas with too only when you want to emphasize an abrupt change of thought:He didn’t know at first what hit him, but then, too, he hadn’t ever walked in a field strewn with garden rakes. In most other cases, commas with this short adverb are unnecessary.The bottom line is, there’s no clear rule that either specifies using the comma or forbids it. It’s the writer’s choice. The rules of grammar don’t often allow writers to have choices. It’s kind of nice to be thrown a bone from time to time.http://www.dailywritingtips.com/comma-before-too/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know the name of the fourth QB,  that is the big question left to answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's true.

The editors at the Chicago Manual of Style share their opinion:Use commas with too only when you want to emphasize an abrupt change of thought:He didn’t know at first what hit him, but then, too, he hadn’t ever walked in a field strewn with garden rakes. In most other cases, commas with this short adverb are unnecessary.The bottom line is, there’s no clear rule that either specifies using the comma or forbids it. It’s the writer’s choice. The rules of grammar don’t often allow writers to have choices. It’s kind of nice to be thrown a bone from time to time.http://www.dailywritingtips.com/comma-before-too/

Your a mental midget.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's true.

Your a mental midget.

Better than being a world class douche!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that it is entirely possible the BPA will be a qb this year at 7, but note Licht was position sensitive in his comment iirc

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Mental midget” So illuminator or java have a new alt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, here is the Scout’s Inc, big board for the top 32 players as they see it. Scouts Inc is supposed to be a collection of former scouts and GM’s that review tape and set the board. If we were trusting this board, Bridgewater is the 8th best player, Bortles is the 10th and Manziel is ranked 21st. Carr isn’t in the top 32, yet some here would pick him as our pick at @7. If this was our Bucs team big board and Lewan was there at #7, along with all three other quarterbacks would you still advocate picking Lewan as the BPA? No, you say, we already have Collins, so we’ll pick the quarterback. So you aren’t exactly following BPA are you? What if Bridgewater and Bortles have been selected, based upon this board, do you still pick Manziel – further going against your board? BPA is a myth that teams tell the fans. In the end, they have their board and that board is going to be completely different than the Scouts Inc board, Mel Kiper’s board or McShay’s board. In the end, the Bucs will pick the BPA that fills a need or upgrades an existing position. JMO. (Which is why CJ Mosley is still my sleeper pick for the Bucs).1. Jadeveon Clowney* DE2. Greg Robinson* OT3. Khalil Mack OLB4. Sammy Watkins* WR5. Jake Matthews OT6. Mike Evans* WR7. Taylor Lewan OT8. T. Bridgewater* QB9. C.J. Mosley ILB10. Blake Bortles* QB11. Justin Gilbert CB12. Aaron Donald DT13. Eric Ebron* TE14. Darqueze Dennard CB15. Calvin Pryor* S16. H. Clinton-Dix* S17. Zack Martin OT18. Marqise Lee* WR19. Ra'Shede Hageman DT20. Bradley Roby* CB21. Johnny Manziel* QB22. Louis Nix III DT23. Brandin Cooks* WR24. Anthony Barr OLB25. Kony Ealy* DE26. O. Beckham Jr.* WR27. Kyle Fuller CB28. Dee Ford DE29. Ryan Shazier* OLB30. Timmy Jernigan* DT31. Jason Verrett CB32. Morgan Moses OT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty damn accurate board from Scouts, although I think they’ve under valued Bridgewater…  Swap him with Lewan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As far as picking a QB at 7 it isn’t a matter of A quarterback falling, its a matter of THE quarterback falling.  I really don’t see LnL taking a QB just to take one, but it is entirely possible that there is one they would take if he was there.  Its also possible they are targeting a guy that will surprise us all. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, here is the Scout's Inc, big board for the top 32 players as they see it. Scouts Inc is supposed to be a collection of former scouts and GM's that review tape and set the board. If we were trusting this board, Bridgewater is the 8th best player, Bortles is the 10th and Manziel is ranked 21st. Carr isn't in the top 32, yet some here would pick him as our pick at @7. If this was our Bucs team big board and Lewan was there at #7, along with all three other quarterbacks would you still advocate picking Lewan as the BPA? No, you say, we already have Collins, so we'll pick the quarterback. So you aren't exactly following BPA are you? What if Bridgewater and Bortles have been selected, based upon this board, do you still pick Manziel - further going against your board? BPA is a myth that teams tell the fans. In the end, they have their board and that board is going to be completely different than the Scouts Inc board, Mel Kiper's board or McShay's board. In the end, the Bucs will pick the BPA that fills a need or upgrades an existing position. JMO. (Which is why CJ Mosley is still my sleeper pick for the Bucs).1. Jadeveon Clowney* DE2. Greg Robinson* OT3. Khalil Mack OLB4. Sammy Watkins* WR5. Jake Matthews OT6. Mike Evans* WR7. Taylor Lewan OT8. T. Bridgewater* QB9. C.J. Mosley ILB10. Blake Bortles* QB11. Justin Gilbert CB12. Aaron Donald DT13. Eric Ebron* TE14. Darqueze Dennard CB15. Calvin Pryor* S16. H. Clinton-Dix* S17. Zack Martin OT18. Marqise Lee* WR19. Ra'Shede Hageman DT20. Bradley Roby* CB21. Johnny Manziel* QB22. Louis Nix III DT23. Brandin Cooks* WR24. Anthony Barr OLB25. Kony Ealy* DE26. O. Beckham Jr.* WR27. Kyle Fuller CB28. Dee Ford DE29. Ryan Shazier* OLB30. Timmy Jernigan* DT31. Jason Verrett CB32. Morgan Moses OT

Stop with this nonsense! You mean to tell me the "ELITE, FRANCHISE, SUPER-DUPER, SAVE THE TEAM QUARTERBACKS" are ranked this low?!?!? Total blasphemy and a slap in the face to all of the future NFL GM's that constantly post on this board.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, here is the Scout's Inc, big board for the top 32 players as they see it. Scouts Inc is supposed to be a collection of former scouts and GM's that review tape and set the board. If we were trusting this board, Bridgewater is the 8th best player, Bortles is the 10th and Manziel is ranked 21st. Carr isn't in the top 32, yet some here would pick him as our pick at @7. If this was our Bucs team big board and Lewan was there at #7, along with all three other quarterbacks would you still advocate picking Lewan as the BPA? No, you say, we already have Collins, so we'll pick the quarterback. So you aren't exactly following BPA are you? What if Bridgewater and Bortles have been selected, based upon this board, do you still pick Manziel - further going against your board? BPA is a myth that teams tell the fans. In the end, they have their board and that board is going to be completely different than the Scouts Inc board, Mel Kiper's board or McShay's board. In the end, the Bucs will pick the BPA that fills a need or upgrades an existing position. JMO. (Which is why CJ Mosley is still my sleeper pick for the Bucs).1. Jadeveon Clowney* DE2. Greg Robinson* OT3. Khalil Mack OLB4. Sammy Watkins* WR5. Jake Matthews OT6. Mike Evans* WR7. Taylor Lewan OT8. T. Bridgewater* QB9. C.J. Mosley ILB10. Blake Bortles* QB11. Justin Gilbert CB12. Aaron Donald DT13. Eric Ebron* TE14. Darqueze Dennard CB15. Calvin Pryor* S16. H. Clinton-Dix* S17. Zack Martin OT18. Marqise Lee* WR19. Ra'Shede Hageman DT20. Bradley Roby* CB21. Johnny Manziel* QB22. Louis Nix III DT23. Brandin Cooks* WR24. Anthony Barr OLB25. Kony Ealy* DE26. O. Beckham Jr.* WR27. Kyle Fuller CB28. Dee Ford DE29. Ryan Shazier* OLB30. Timmy Jernigan* DT31. Jason Verrett CB32. Morgan Moses OT

Stop with this nonsense! You mean to tell me the "ELITE, FRANCHISE, SUPER-DUPER, SAVE THE TEAM QUARTERBACKS" are ranked this low?!?!? Total blasphemy and a slap in the face to all of the future NFL GM's that constantly post on this board.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

It's what I've been saying about this QB class. I don't see the next Andrew Luck in the bunch. They all have question marks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's what I've been saying about this QB class. I don't see the next Andrew Luck in the bunch. They all have question marks.

And they are dropping as the draft comes closer. Just noticed in another thread that Kiper had Manziel rated #1 on his draft board and now has moved him down to #8. That just goes to show you how different draft boards are, Scouts has Manziel at #21, Kiper just (reluctantly it appears) dropped him to #8. I don't know where McShay has him ranked at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a stinker of a QB class and there is no amount of febreeze  that will cover it up.  We win in this draft by getting a stud OL or WR and building quality depth at all positions that are not QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fact is that Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Oakland all need a better quarterback going in to the 2014 season, odds are at least two of them WILL take a quarterback. We should have some good options at #7 whether we consider BPA or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luck isnt the benchmark for QB prospects. He was agreed the best prospect since Elway. Basically since whatever 1983 to 2012 you could have said, "I don't see the next John Elway in the bunch. They all have question marks."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luck isnt the benchmark for QB prospects.

What's the benchmark then ? RGIII ? If so , I'll pass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luck isnt the benchmark for QB prospects.

What's the benchmark then ? RGIII ? If so , I'll pass.

...or you could read the second sentence. If he is the benchmark you will be waiting a long, long time to find another prospect of his calibre. Look at the R1 QB's in any year not with Luck and see if they don't all have question marks and doubts on them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

443015.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Strength of this draft, at the top, is OT. Mayock said all 3 of the top prospects (Robinson, Matthews, Lewan) are better than Fisher and Joeckel from last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Licht is a man of his word and will pick BPA. If those QBs are really any good, they’ll be gone by the time we pick, as teams above us need’em worse than us… Gonna be interesting…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a stinker of a QB class and there is no amount of febreeze  that will cover it up.  We win in this draft by getting a stud OL or WR and building quality depth at all positions that are not QB.

This ^. There is going to be too much talent there at 7 to throw it away on a wish that one of these QBs is going to be elite. If one of them drops to the second round, different story. Let other teams buy the elite QB dream this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I think it's Mosely too if Watkins is gone.

Please wait…

Viewing 115 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.