Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Former Cowboys Fans Put Up Billboard Supporting Johnny Manziel in Tyler, TexasBy Tyler Brooke , Featured Columnist Jun 20, 2014jff_zpsf4306541.png Apparently, some fans aren't too happy that the Dallas Cowboys passed up on Johnny Manziel in the 2014 NFL draft.A few people who now claim to be former Cowboys fans pooled their money together to put up this billboard in Tyler, Texas. The billboard claims that the city is now Cleveland Browns territory, with the fans obviously supporting Manziel and his new team.Jerry Jones probably isn't too happy about this one.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bad move by them.Frankly, manziel would've had a chance elsewhere, but now that he's been drafted by a team that is known to destroy first round qb's, fat chance. But..I do understand the madness they must have. To have a qb who chokes when he does get to the big games, isn't really all-that to begin with, and is getting older, Idk why they didn't draft a future replacement. Manziel, because he fell to them, caused them to really believe they were going to draft him. I understand that same feeling, but am quite content with drafting evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Former Cowboys Fans Put Up Billboard Supporting Johnny Manziel in Tyler, TexasBy Tyler Brooke , Featured Columnist Jun 20, 2014jff_zpsf4306541.png Apparently, some fans aren't too happy that the Dallas Cowboys passed up on Johnny Manziel in the 2014 NFL draft.A few people who now claim to be former Cowboys fans pooled their money together to put up this billboard in Tyler, Texas. The billboard claims that the city is now Cleveland Browns territory, with the fans obviously supporting Manziel and his new team.Jerry Jones probably isn't too happy about this one.link

Nobody with any knowledge of the pro game would be excited about JFF being on their team. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess they weren’t very big cowboy fans in the first place if one player can make them root for the Browns…. THE….. BROOOOOOOOWNS.I can't stand the Cowboys,Jerry Jones or almost any cowboy fan I know but who needs fans like that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What morons. Couldn’t have been real fans if they’ve ditching their team because of that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What morons. Couldn't have been real fans if they've ditching their team because of that.

They do have reasons though.1. Romo chokes.2. Romo is getting old.3. Their fanbase hasn't been too happy with rommo in general, or how jj will continue to support him seemingly no matter what.4.manzile was a baller in college.5.manziel was a Texas (hometown) player.Now, I do not agree that they should go this far, but I do understand the anger they have. Not too long ago we had plenty of billboards all over tampa suggesting to fire a second year hc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What morons. Couldn't have been real fans if they've ditching their team because of that.

They do have reasons though.1. Romo chokes.2. Romo is getting old.3. Their fanbase hasn't been too happy with rommo in general, or how jj will continue to support him seemingly no matter what.4.manzile was a baller in college.5.manziel was a Texas (hometown) player.Now, I do not agree that they should go this far, but I do understand the anger they have. Not too long ago we had plenty of billboards all over tampa suggesting to fire a second year hc.

The mentality behind last year's billboard is the faction of Buc fans that I have no time for.  Jerry knows he will get those fans back in due time as JFF is not for long up there in Brown town.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Typical Cowboy fans all about that bandwagon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody with any knowledge of the pro game would be excited about JFF being on their team.

you forgot the blue font

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

Actually, that is about as honest a thing as anyone has ever written about football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

Actually, that is about as honest a thing as anyone has ever written about football.

::) ::) ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Romo is better than any QB the Bucs have had in their franchise history. The Cowboys could be soooo much worse off with at QB. The fact that they're switching teams because of this is absurd and shows that they really aren't much of fans to begin with. There's no way around it. I can understand not agreeing with moves your team makes; I've definitely disagreed with a fair amount of moves the Bucs have made, but it's never even crossed my mind to switch teams. And I've never seen my team win a playoff game unlike these jokes of fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rgs… you explain that to them, not me. Lol.For better or worse, you're right... better than any buc qb. But say that to them and see what their response would be.Probably the same as ours... "that's not saying much."I'm just thinking about what they may feel like. You know...to go as far as post up/pay for this silly sign.They expect playoff every year. Has that happened? If not, they're going to eventually headhunt. Plus, they have a HUGE fanbase, so "louder" voices so to speak.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rgs... you explain that to them, not me. Lol.For better or worse, you're right... better than any buc qb. But say that to them and see what their response would be.Probably the same as ours... "that's not saying much."I'm just thinking about what they may feel like. You know...to go as far as post up/pay for this silly sign.They expect playoff every year. Has that happened? If not, they're going to eventually headhunt. Plus, they have a HUGE fanbase, so "louder" voices so to speak.

What does it cost for a billboard like that?  I couldn't even guess.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

No knowledge of the pro game?Ray FarmerJim BrownShanny Jr.Wilbert Montgomery

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

He's going to be a horrible pro, it's as certain as the sun coming up tomorrow.  There's a reason he didn't go earlier, far too many questions about his ability to play the pro-game.  Actually, I think there are far too many answers and those conclusions kept others from drafting him earlier.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

He's going to be a horrible pro, it's as certain as the sun coming up tomorrow.  There's a reason he didn't go earlier, far too many questions about his ability to play the pro-game.  Actually, I think there are far too many answers and those conclusions kept others from drafting him earlier.

I think I will put a little more stock in those guys I mentioned. Rather than a message board know it all. No offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

I think I will put a little more stock in those guys I mentioned. Rather than a message board know it all. No offense.

I liked Freeman so what do I know.  No offense taken, I just can't see what JFF does, translate and I question his ability to adapt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

Ill put more stock in the 21 NFL GMs that passed on the guy rather than the guy who is trusting the evaluation skills of men who are closer to death than their playing days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

Ill put more stock in the 21 NFL GMs that passed on the guy rather than the guy who is trusting the evaluation skills of men who are closer to death than their playing days.

Shanny Jr. is 34.  Closer to death?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

the phrase "talkin outta his ass" comes to mind

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked Freeman so what do I know. 

this may very well be the most enlightening statement that i've ever read here.....well, maybe 2nd to Java fornicating with glass-eyed ladyboys. But you get my point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

Drafting Manzeil wasn't a coaches choice...it was the owner's choice...At the end of they day, the coaching staffs over the league had this guy pegged...that's why he fell so farBrowns owner just saw the $$$...he's a moneymaking machine...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

Drafting Manzeil wasn't a coaches choice...it was the owner's choice...At the end of they day, the coaching staffs over the league had this guy pegged...that's why he fell so farBrowns owner just saw the $$$...he's a moneymaking machine...

I agree he had the final decision, but you don't think he discussed it with the OC, the GM ? The front office people? Got their opinions?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you forgot the blue font

I agree he had the final decision, but you don't think he discussed it with the OC, the GM ? The front office people? Got their opinions?

Most likely he did, but ownership trumps football common sense.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rgs... you explain that to them, not me. Lol.For better or worse, you're right... better than any buc qb. But say that to them and see what their response would be.Probably the same as ours... "that's not saying much."I'm just thinking about what they may feel like. You know...to go as far as post up/pay for this silly sign.They expect playoff every year. Has that happened? If not, they're going to eventually headhunt. Plus, they have a HUGE fanbase, so "louder" voices so to speak.

What does it cost for a billboard like that?  I couldn't even guess.

Somewhere about $1,500 to $2,000 for 4 weeks.

Please wait…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.