Viewing 79 reply threads

• Author

• SHIVVER

Participant

V1gwNJ1.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think that’s Jesus, but maybe it’s just a bad angle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And he thinks he’ll be ready by camp……ha ha ha……oh wait…..

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Just my Opinion..but I think the saints knew he had MRSA before he came here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way he can move well enough to play in a Tedford offense right now , even without the toe. Tedford likes his Guards athletic . I’m guessing he’s closer to 400 pounds than 360 right now by the looks of the picture .His calves look 50 pounds a piece.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks the same to me. Maybe even a bit lighter.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

change your prescription monitor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That left foot looks large…. size 16 wide….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s another view . What a fat blob….TP_381888_WALL_2_sp_bucs061_13283742_8col.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t seem any bigger then when he came here. Carl has always been just a big human being. Idk what you can really glean from this pic other then that in the first one his foots in a weird angle. Makes him looks like he’s trying to relieve pressure on it. But other then that he’s always been big same as when he got here. Still smaller then Donald Penn though. That guy was a mess haha

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

They should call him Gimpy Cheeseburger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks the same to me.  He was a walking eclipse when he got here.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

He looks different to me.nickstraining_medium.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

V1gwNJ1.png

Sure babying the big toe. Correct me if im wrong if its the wrong foot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think his weight is a big deal. Once he starts going full speed in training camp, those pounds will fall off quickly. Especially in the Florida heat. The Fridge was flirting with the big 400 most of his career, and still played well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I had hope…..until all the pics from mini camp. I bet he needs help just getting out of bed at that weight. #cheeseburger

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same size.  Probably a bit of extra padding, from lower levels of cardio, but he’ll fluctuate up to 10 lbs a day in TC.  Dudes playing weight is 6'5" 350lbs.Here's a better representation of his size...https://www.google.com/search?q=carl+nicks&client=tablet-android-google&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TgCZU-KGJMK1yASerICQBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1280&bih=800

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZugAy1Qybk

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I met him a little over a year ago and he is the largest human I’ve ever met. Really nice guy too so I’m rooting for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s done.Of course he'll try, but he's not going to get more time if he has a setback again, not from this new group anyway.I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but nicks has been dealing with this issue longer than he should (twice the time of an average person in good health), it's in a bad spot (where balance can be ruined) for a guy playing his position, and he refuses to attempt to cut it off.Couple that with being out of "football shape," and a new system, ...it REALLY doesn't look good for him.Personally, I think he's at a catch 22. He wants to play, but can't. And again, to cash out, it benefits him more to play out his contract. It will be viewed as another "setback" and he will be released. ..He keeps his toe, stays healthy, cashes out quite nicely.He may steal some FA money after leaving tampa, but my bet is that he retires. If he's faking..unfortunate. if it's that serious..unfortunate. Either possible truth displays a bad outcome going forward.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said this a while back. No way this dude is cardio ready. He will be able to run one play and he’d hit the oxygen like a Farman at a buffet. Which is something he looks to have been doing. He’s puffy as hell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s always been a “stay puff” marshmellow man anyway boid.Pics are not always as they seem. I don't think he's completely out of shape, but then again, idk if that really matters at this point.That toe has to support a moving 300 plus pounds. Along with a certain amount of weight between opponent(s) also has to be considered as well.In gametime, it also has to be factored in what his opponents do in regards to it. Do they try to "break him down" by keying in on him? Do they double him constantly? Can they maneuver a certain way to pull him off balance? Can he still hold a double at all anyhow?He can retire after this season with plenty in his account, and his health as well. Not a bad deal if you're nicks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crazy that this guy has only played 9 games for us!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He looks different to me.nickstraining_medium.jpg

He was clearly hungry to be great in this photo....  Looks like he cashed his fat payday contract Mark Dominik gave him and then spent evert penny on biscuits and gravy....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They should call him Gimpy Cheeseburger.

LOLz .... that name is taken unfortunately . It certainly would fit though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not so sure why some of you cats keep dumping on this guy.  Injuries happen.  MRSA shouldn’t have happened.  How the hell do you get ripped when you cant run?Yeah, his future looks bleak. Only a fool would think otherwise. But even if his return is just a shred of hope, I'm holding on to it.  Starting a rookie at LG is just a disaster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He deserves everything he is getting. When they asked him why he didn’t attend any OTA’s he said it was because he was “fishing ” .He's not even making excuses for being a fat lazy loser. Hes freely admitting it. Only reason he is here waddling around this week is its Mandatory and he wants the free money to keep rolling in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=533 height=400]http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/07/sports/Jonathan_Goodwin-1.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He deserves everything he is getting. When they asked him why he didn't attend any OTA's he said it was because he was "fishing " .He's not even making excuses for being a fat lazy loser. Hes freely admitting it. Only reason he is here waddling around this week is its Mandatory and he wants the free money to keep rolling in.

Where was this reported?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can see it yourself. Watch the Nicks interview on Buccaneers.com . Should still be on the front page with thi other latest videos.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

C'mon baby, waddle that moneymaker!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fat mannn in a littlllle jersey

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lolz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am all of a sudden craving some Kool-Aid.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

Ugh can’t stand seeing sideways updates about this guy.  What a gargantuan flop by the previous administration. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO Nicks needs to be lighter than he’s ever been. In a perfect world he comes in around 300, not 360 or 350. This offense requires lateral motion and lighter is better. The added weight taken off that toe would give him a better shot at actually playing although it might not matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=533 height=400]http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/07/sports/Jonathan_Goodwin-1.JPG[/img]

he doesn't look any different in this pic than he does in Red & Pewter

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he doesn't look any different in this pic than he does in Red & Pewter

I was thinking he looks incredibly less douchey in the Red & Pewter one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That first pic someone put up is misleading… every other picture of the guy is he’s big and puffy.I'd guess he's 50/50 to start opening day.  Very doubtful (25/75) he makes it through the season.  Lot's of money tied up in the guy.  Unfortunate they can't get it back AND he got injured.  Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce the Bucs way.    (Too often in the last 10 years for my liking.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol all the people trashing him calling him a lazy turd, I bet he runs a better 40 than you un-athletic pasty nerds

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol all the people trashing him calling him a lazy turd, I bet he runs a better 40 than you un-athletic pasty nerds

Lol true

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can barely walk on that toe and he’s fatter than ever. I’m pretty sure he can’t even beat Biggs in a 40 yard dash.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s up with the “passed physical”?Physicals in the NFL are sometimes sketchy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously why doesn’t he cut the dam thing off already. There is now nerve damage that will give him pain for life…why keep it ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not if Beatles uses his rocket chair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously why doesn't he cut the dam thing off already. There is now nerve damage that will give him pain for life...why keep it ?

Wouldn't that kill the big guys balance?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously why doesn't he cut the dam thing off already. There is now nerve damage that will give him pain for life...why keep it ?

Wouldn't that kill the big guys balance?

Not sure .Is it the Big toe ?? I'm sure something could be done about that. Special shoe or something.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Kickers must wear regulation shoes (Tom Dempsey), but I'm not sure other players are prohibited.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kickers must wear regulation shoes (Tom Dempsey), but I'm not sure other players are prohibited.

Probably not, Nike can stitch their swoosh on anything these days.  They dont care who made what you wear, just as long as their brand is showing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it’s the big toe and I’d assume that would cause balance issues. He’s probably in no hurry to have a toe hacked off. Especially not when he’s getting that paycheck anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He shouldn’t be allowed on the field without a restructured contract. He has a high probability of injury with a $7M base salary. His contract should be based on games played/snaps. If he’s not willing to do that, he has to be released.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it's the big toe and I'd assume that would cause balance issues. He's probably in no hurry to have a toe hacked off. Especially not when he's getting that paycheck anyways.

They say it will be painful the rest of his life. Why wouldn't he want it off ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it's the big toe and I'd assume that would cause balance issues. He's probably in no hurry to have a toe hacked off. Especially not when he's getting that paycheck anyways.

They say it will be painful the rest of his life. Why wouldn't he want it off ?

Depends on if it affects his movement I suppose. If it was gonna royally screw him up then he may rather deal with the pain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. The big toe is huge in balance. Especially during athletic movements where your on the front of your foot. It’s your anchor. He’d be guaranteed to be done if he cut if off.Then people wonder why he just doesn't cut it off? Maybe because it would effect has everyday life with the weight he carries and would end his career. Just a guess.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His career is already ended anyways. No way he plays effectively and for 16 games with that inflamed and mangled melon on the end of his foot. He's wasting everyone's time. Problem is he could not careless about his career. He just wants to extend the paydays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Start Edwards and get over it. Swallow the money lost. If you get some plays out of him this year, it’s a plus. Look to the future, it sounds like the coaches are at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep , time to eat the cap hit. It’s one thing if you think it’s still possible to salvage a little production , another when a guy is clearly done and just milking it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His career is already ended anyways. No way he plays effectively and for 16 games with that inflamed and mangled melon on the end of his foot. He's wasting everyone's time. Problem is he could not careless about his career. He just wants to extend the paydays.

So he's not keeping his toe for his ability to get around in every day life? He's not keeping his toe in hope that he can continue playing the game he loves? He's keeping his toe simply for a pay day huh? Gtfo. The dude is trying everything to keep playing. You are seriously suggesting the the guy just throw away his toe and career without a fight.What kind a man just up and quits without a fight...apparently you?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

He seems to lose a lot for such a well financed fighter.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I don't think that's Jesus, but maybe it's just a bad angle.

I have inside info that Jesus is actually defensive end Cheta Ozougwa, who has just left Chicago, and he's bound for New Orleans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No ,  Tatted Man Fish.He isn't keeping the toe so he can continue to collect pay checks.  He is lying to the team and saying he thinks he can be ready in order to keep collecting paychecks. He knows damn well he is never healing. Nicks hasn't fought hard a day since he's been here. If he cares about his career and this season why has he been skipping the OTA's to go fishing ? Why Is he fatter than ever ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No ,  Tatted Man Fish.He isn't keeping the toe so he can continue to collect pay checks.  He is lying to the team and saying he thinks he can be ready in order to keep collecting paychecks. He knows damn well he is never healing. Nicks hasn't fought hard a day since he's been here. If he cares about his career and this season why has he been skipping the OTA's to go fishing ? Why Is he fatter than ever ?

I think he deserves the money. He got infected with MRSA with the Bucs which killed his big toe. I think before that his Toe would have healed enough to play, unlike bowers who is clearly here for a paycheck. Tampa destroyed his toe for life I don't blame him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His toe was already jacked up beyond repair before MRSA . The whole reason he got MRSA is because his toe is a nasty mess that looks like a huge open sore. His toe is a Disney World for MRSA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How could they pass him on a physical for that type of money it blows my mind. Dom was all about injured players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How could they pass him on a physical for that type of money it blows my mind. Dom was all about injured players.

Any word on if the medical staff got the boot too?They deserve it if they did. No one ever healed once they sustained an injury, or when they checked players for problems, they always missed something. Even revis wasn't ready 100 percent when they signed him.If you guys want to blame dom for everything, then fine. But it's not like the medical personnel he had working for him batted a thousand either...it's almost like they went out and bought up some backwater shaman. Can't sprinkle the bat guano all around the floor to ward off bad spirits and not expect a toe full of MRSA babies sooner or later.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Who hires the medical personnel?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who hires the medical personnel?

Whether it's lovie's power, or the glazers, ..if it's the same group...gotta go..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A massive disappointment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with this... and his loyalties are still with the Saints it seems like. That's unforgiveable. Dude was a good player but if he's still partial to a division rival and if he's just going to sit on his @ss and collect paychecks I don't want him on the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His toe was already jacked up beyond repair before MRSA . The whole reason he got MRSA is because his toe is a nasty mess that looks like a huge open sore. His toe is a Disney World for MRSA.

So your his attending physician?  Got his chart in your hand?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For liability reasons IMO.  If he's deemed fit to play, they are not admitting that they were culpable for MRSA ending his career.  The injury settlement that is likely upcoming will be confined to his original injury.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zero sum gained by cutting him now.  If he’s healthy by tc he stays,  if not he he gets a medical settlement.  Money is spent regardless.  Might as well see if they get anything for the money,  only a couple months to wait and see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So your his attending physician?  Got his chart in your hand?

He reported to camp last year limping around and with a huge bandage on his foot. This was weeks before he contracted MRSA. Also , fellow players who have seen his toe have commented on how nasty it is. Try following along .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zero sum gained by cutting him now.  If he's healthy by tc he stays,  if not he he gets a medical settlement.  Money is spent regardless.  Might as well see if they get anything for the money,  only a couple months to wait and see.

Nope, you cut his toe off and cut him now. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zero sum gained by cutting him now.  If he's healthy by tc he stays,  if not he he gets a medical settlement.  Money is spent regardless.  Might as well see if they get anything for the money,  only a couple months to wait and see.

There's $7M to be saved by cutting him. You put him on the field in training camp/pre-season he has a has a high chance of re-injuring it. Then you have to pay him his $7M base salary. If by some miracle he makes it through camp then his $7M is guaranteed Week 1. Only to be IR'd by week 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’ve got it wrong JChttp://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/carl-nicks/Its guaranteed... To $25m.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn’t the final report on that suggesting we saved about a million with everything considered?It's a drop in the bucket for a look-see, but I still think it's a waste of time, and a possible poison left on the team from the previous "temperature check/halftime subs" era.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed Benchwarmer.Cut bait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He passed his physical, says he’ll be ready by camp……then it’s time to put him to work. It’s toradol time big fella. Shoot that Nasty twice baked potato smothered in hot sauce toe of yours up with pain killers and get you fat a$$ to work. Just stick him in there and make him earn that check. If he breaks or quits that’s on him, but you don’t pass a guys physical if he isn’t ready and you aren’t planning to push him.

Please wait…

Viewing 79 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.