Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• Trevor Sikkema

Keymaster

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Dude was late for meetings all the time, and sometimes did not show up at all.

• Easythe great

Participant

Pass

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

• Mic

Participant

We need talent build the team like jville two big name DTfrom freeagency/trades and draft the speed rushers on the end. Collapse the pocket.

Find a shutdown corner spend the big money on D. 20m 2years won’t be bad

Same thing was said about Marcell Dareus til he came to Jville for a 6th Rd pick and became a solid contributor

• Cody

Participant

I’d be okay with a one year prove it deal.

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

Gotta Jump sometime! And he could be a great contributor! Or, he may not! You don’t know till he’s signed and brought in! Maybe, Baker wasn’t the problem…. Maybe, it was the system that the coaches were trying to use him in? Personally, I don’t give up on anyone after a single season!

Having played another sport at a high level for a few years. There will always be good times and bad as a team and individual! The thing that’s hard to remember is if you are out of it or having a rough year personally then you need to focus on something else…. And I’ve seen some guys go about the paycheck, to the person sitting next to them, to the team! Our season was much longer than any other sport! I’ve played with team guys, me guys and honestly people who DGAS…

But, in the end it takes all kinds to make a Team!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilkerson used to be pretty good and he’s 28 years old.

• BucsWin31

Participant

You guys that say pass are a bunch of jokes! You cry about talent then when talent is avaialbe you find anything to complain about. I guess guys can’t get a fresh start anywhere.

• Jon

Participant

Why is he not signed yet.

• BucsWin31

Participant

Mic
      Feb 28, 18 at 2:05 pm #1064044
      We need talent build the team like jville two big name DTfrom freeagency/trades and draft the speed rushers on the end. Collapse the pocket.

Find a shutdown corner spend the big money on D. 20m 2years won’t be bad

Same thing was said about Marcell Dareus til he came to Jville for a 6th Rd pick and became a solid contributor

Finally somebody that gets it

• Michael Wells

Participant

I would be ok with a 1 or 2 year deal he may be a pain in the butt in some cases but the guys talent is not in question when he’s on his game he’s a monster and to put him in the DT spot next to McCoy they could really tear it up and it’s more talent and depth on the DLine that way in the draft we can focus on edge rushers but if you these 2 guys in the middle that will help who ever works the edge for us

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Would immediately become bucs best d lineman. Sign me up.

• Chyno

Participant

He’s been a DE in a 34 defense where he was really effective. He was playing really well every year until he problem his leg, he was actually balling out that year. But, since that injury he hasn’t been the same. Could’ve been the coaching change but everyone stopped performing. Richardson was doing pretty well since they drafted him but eventually got shipped off to Seattle. So, I feel like there’s something more than just his production falling off. Could’ve been he was no longer a fit there or just didn’t wanna be there anymore.

With his past production and effectiveness at getting to the QB, I wouldn’t mind signing him to a 1 year deal. Kick him inside next to McCoy and have 2 interior pass rushers. If we can add some speed on the edges this offseason along with that move, it could change of defense around.

• Chyno

Participant

@DEBUCSOWN

I wouldn’t go as far as the Bucs best d lineman lol. McCoy constantly gets doubled and tripled team and he still manages to cause havoc. Not too many guys in the league can say that. McCoy is easily our best d lineman.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

Do it. Don’t think, just do it.

• GrafikDetail

Participant

no brainer! if the Bucs don’t seriously pursue this guy, my faith in this organization will be at its lowest

• buccaneerNW

Participant

I wouldn’t give him a big contract because of the decline in production, reputation with missing meetings (which says a lot), and injuries… But a one-year deal for, say 8 million, maybe.

• Ken Grant

Participant

The same people that rail on and on about not drafting DL also support signing every huge FA. You can’t have it both ways.

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Ken Grant
      Feb 28, 18 at 5:47 pm #1064094
      The same people that rail on and on about not drafting DL also support signing every huge FA. You can’t have it both ways.

You don’t just run out and sign every name guy. There’s a reason he was released. If the guy is a problem child (missing meetings, etc…) and became unproductive when he got a big pay day, those are red flags and can backfire on your team. Let’s take exhibit A – Chris Baker… How many free agents became turds because they got paid in Tampa and thought they could just take it easy? A LOT! So, you gotta vet these guys and make sure they’re strong team guys and good locker room guys. You have to be choosey and not bring in lazy turds if you want to turn a losing culture into a winning one.

• Havok904

Participant

The Anti-Java
      Feb 28, 18 at 1:43 pm #1064038
      Dude was late for meetings all the time, and sometimes did not show up at all.
      ——
      The guy was try to get cut or traded.
      He hated the Jets

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Bruckner is probably beating down Licht’s door as we speak… Of course he wants the guy; he’s a motivator!

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Why would we want someone that quit after being paid. Didn’t we go through this already with Albert. Rather draft some young players.

• JC5100

Participant

Wilkerson grew up 5 minutes from MetLife Stadium, why would he hate the Jets?

• Havok904

Participant

JC5100
      Feb 28, 18 at 7:07 pm #1064118
      Wilkerson grew up 5 minutes from MetLife Stadium, why would he hate the Jets?
      ——-

What does have to do with anything?

Maybe he didn’t like management or got tired of playing there

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

yea i doubt him living 15mins away had anything to do with his relationship there. I also live about 25mins from MetLife and im one of Tampas biggest fans.

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/02/28/muhammad-wilkerson-became-a-disgrace-the-second-he-quit/amp/ I said the same thing. The guy is another Albert he quit on his team after getting paid.

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

I don’t know about that! I mean he was playing when he broke his leg! If he was loafing or didn’t GAS then why would anyone care what he did even the Jets opponents!….Why would they need to block him? Let alone drop a cheap shot so he could snap his leg!….

Bring him in! Bring in Richardson, Bring in Irving, Bring in Bennett, Bring in Okafor and draft Chubb!

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

Broken leg or not he was a horrible teammate and late to meetings.

• SaskBucs

Participant

The Bucs should certainly be looking into signing him. Many factors can lead to a guy giving up. At this point depending on his lifestyle, he could retire if he just isn’t into football any more but I think it is more likely that the Jets have stunk and it diminished his will. A poorly run organization gets players to turn on it, simple as that.

Buckner, Kwon and Jameis can probably light a fire under him!

• Devasher

Participant

If Wilkerson was still balling he wouldn’t be available. I’m not sure what people are looking for but there isn’t going to be HOFers in their prime sitting on the street begging for contracts this offseason.

When you have a desperate need for a pass rusher you look under every rock for one. You take risks on guys who have produced because the odds that he can regain some of his old form are a heck of a lot higher than some campmeat 4th stringer who’s on their fourth team in 2 years.

• Graham

Participant

Wilkerson was going to count $20M against their cap and The Jets want Kirk!

Seems like there should be some really good players available for Tampa in two weeks.

• Vance

Participant

Most of the time players do things like miss meetings and arrive late so they’ll sure up the fact that the managers will not sign them back.

• TBChucky

Participant

Why take the risk? Too risky for cellar dwellers like us! Let’s save moves like this for the contenders!
      Bill Belichick on line one!

We got the money. Guarantee the first year only. Typically the Bucs preference anyways. I bet He’d get woke under Buckner!

• The Anti-Java

Participant

8 sacks in 2 years for 37 mil?
      whatever

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

@Graham
      Wilkerson was going to count $20M against their cap and The Jets want Kirk!

Seems like there should be some really good players available for Tampa in two weeks.

He’s been released. He’s available now! If they want him they can bring him in to talk/negotiate…

Agree ~ Jet’s are clearing cash for a run at Kirk Cousins!

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Buckner was Todd Bowles DL coach from 2013-2014. Buckner will have the scoop on Wilkerson for sure.

• TampaManiac

Participant

There is absolutely no excuse. There is no harm to bring the guy to Tampa, see what he wants and see if he looks motivated. If he crosses all the checkboxes you sign him.

At some point the coaches and team needs to get production from the talent they get. We bring these free agents in and it’s nothing but failure then we blame the players. At some point we gotta realize there is a trend that this coaching staff can’t figure out how to get their players performing.

Sign Mo set the team up with talent and if they gonna fail again it’s time for an upgrade in coaching. Then maybe, if we can ever get the right staff, they will be more then happy to work with a guy like Mo and get him playing at a high level. And no, it’s not just about Mo. Maybe the guy is just a quitter. But maybe a better staff wouldn’t fail to get a Ward or A Baker or DJax to perform. Maybe they could get one or two of the, to live up to expectations.

• Jed

Participant

I think some of you posters wanted to trade for this guy a couple of years ago, right?

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

@Jed
        I think some of you posters wanted to trade for this guy a couple of years ago, right?

yeah they were talking of a full rebuild when Rex Ryan left and then they started signing old dudes again! There were many articles that thought they wouldn’t resign him but then they let Richardson go instead! That was after his 10.5 sack season in 2013! Who wouldn’t want him?…. only a loser wouldn’t at that time!……

And that entire Jet defense looks lost under Bowles!!!!….. Just sayin~

• SO CAL BUC FAN

Participant

Mo loved Rex Ryan though!!!! And played well under his defense!

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.