Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Before the 2020 election there were Trump supporters who scoffed at the notion that the GOP intentionally suppresses votes

These same Trump supporters then watched 81 million votes come in for Biden, including flipping former GOP stronghold Georgia, largely because of heavy turnout of black voters.

The GOP response? Jim Crow Part II

There’s actually a GOP Bill in Georgia to stop “Soul to Poll” voting, which is to say, to stop black Georgians from leaving church to go vote on Sundays.

The Redeemers have returned

(“the Redeemers were a political coalition in the Southern United States during the Reconstruction Era that followed the Civil War.”)

• KarmaPolice

Participant

• spartan

Participant

I actually know what this is about. It’s one of those things I READ about sometime last year. Do you?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by spartan.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

• spartan

Participant

I will take that as a no, you don’t actually know what this is about.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

not sure if this is directed at me, but is this a version of your 24 hour rule again?

Dont respond to my (cryptic) post and I will claim you dont know?

lol

wouldnt it be easier to just post what YOU think whatever is about?

• spartan

Participant

Yes it was.

There were certain Churches in Georgia, and Atlanta in particular where the Pastor would stand up and give a homily where there was no misunderstanding who the Pastor was rooting for. The Church would then provide the opportunity in the car park for people to sign up to vote as they came out of the service. Then they would provide transport to voting booth to vote early with their newly minted registration documents8, and back to the Church car park.

Totally in contradiction to their 503c status but the Federal Govt would do nothing about it. So some States decided they would.

A vote is a vote you say, and fair do’s you’re right. But you can make the argument those votes were cajoled. What’s more how would you feel if the your local Catholic Diocese decided they were going to go on an anti-abortion full court press, tell all their parishioners they are going to hell if they vote for their local Democrat then march them down to the local voting booth and “supervise” the saving of their souls. (see the soul to the poll reference now?)

If you are OK with that fine, but you know all those “undocumented” persons filtering across the border? 99% of them are Catholic.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

• Roy

Participant

Spartan, this is how the Evangelical churches work as well. Its not a black thing, its a church thing.

• spartan

Participant

If that is the case, it doesn’t sound like a black vote suppressing thing then is it?

• Roy

Participant

Not sure what your point is about undocumenteds being Catholic. You have to be a citizen to vote in federal elections. Undocumented immigrants are not voters.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Roy.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Man lol

The GA not only stop “soul to polls,” an historically black American voting initiative … it actually criminalizes providing food or water to black folks standing in long voting lines

It’s so transparently racist that it had to be delivered to the state house in a white sheet.

Wtf is it about white Trump voters that you can’t even discuss shot honestly on a message board? Multiple GOP reps and attorneys have acknowledged PUBLICLY that the GOP can’t win in today’s America without suppressing votes. Trump has said as much lol

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.