Viewing 59 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Report: 'Cowboys will figure out a way to get Manziel' Louis Ojeda Jr. FOX Sports APR 28, 2014    11:48pm  ET jff_zps6e57ac3c.jpgJohnny Manziel has been one of the favorites in the discussion of what the Houston Texans will do with the No. 1 overall NFL Draft pick. But the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner might end up with the other team in Texas. According to a report by ESPNCleveland.com, CBS Sports NFL announcer Jim Nantz says he has heard that the Cowboys will do whatever it takes to bring Johnny Football to Dallas. "I've heard this rumor for a month -- the Cowboys will figure out a way to get Manziel," Nantz told ESPNCleveland.com. "Wherever Manziel goes, there is going to be more clamoring about Johnny Manziel than there would be about Blake Bortles going No. 1 or (Jadeveon) Clowney going No. 1, or anyone else. This is a guy that there's just a tremendous interest in everything he does." There's been talk all offseason about the Cowboys' possible interest in the Manziel, but it didn't seem likely with Dallas picking 16th in the draft and quarterback Tony Romo getting a six-year, $108 million contract extension last year. The Cowboys also signed former Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden to a two-year deal last month. But you never know what Jerry Jones will do despite dismissing rumors about Manziel earlier this year. "No doubt in my mind [Manziel] is going to be an outstanding NFL football player," Jones said on KRLD-FM 105.3 The Fan. "But we have Tony Romo, and Tony Romo is our ticket." Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones also said that all the Manziel talk is "purely speculation." Manziel has met with the Cowboys' owner this offseason and said playing for "America's Team" would be a dream come true. "Growing up a Cowboy fan ... I was born at halftime of a Cowboys game," Manziel told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in February. "That would almost be a folktale in the correct direction."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUSZ9DHsE0&feature=player_embedded

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn’t be that surprising. Wonder how long it would take JJ to push Romo out the door..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GET THEE BEHIND ME, DALLAS!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Got him beat. I was born during the Superbowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, now draft night may have just got real interesting.  Everyone knows JJ is a football hard on but it’s interesting to hear it from the mouth of JFF.  If they made a crazy reverse Herschel move for him I would love it.  It would set the Cowboys back another 10 years. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Jim Nantz report anything before so I don’t know how much we should listen to this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think I've ever heard Jim Nantz report anything before so I don't know how much we should listen to this.

He's the voice of the Masters.  He doesn't just speak to speak.  I think he knows something.  Because the article was coming from him, that's the only reason I am responding.  Let's go get all of the Cowboys picks gentlemen!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t know anything about Nantz, but this definitely sounds like something Jones would do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but the local guys says that Dallas won’t do this. Again, right now there is no truth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah but the local guys says that Dallas won't do this. Again, right now there is no truth.

It's happening.  We should try to get every pick they have!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can totally see this.JJ will stick his gnarled finger into the pot, and stir it up.  And he will give away his draft to get JFF, and it may pay off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flashy player with a big name and Similar traits to Romo. I could see them trading up with someone hopefully Tampa, Dallas would give up big picks for #7 it’s all about  Jerry Jones.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Their first 4 picks would be great but that deal would much more likely be done with the Texans or Rams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They will have to move up to Jacksonville’s spot.  They are going to take him.He is talented.  He will sell tickets.  They need a QB.Why the hell wouldn't the worst franchise NOT take a stud prospect like Manziel?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Makes sense for so many reasons. I’ll take the #16, #47, and #119BeckhamMatthewsYankeyJoynerMurrayBarrowNorwoodLong

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jerry jones always has been about making a big splash and grabbing headlines, then pay the consequences down the road. He wants people talking about the Cowboys all the time. Could see this happening easily. Romo isn’t the most durable anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see how they could do this after giving romo a big long term deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will be gone by 7.  No way he makes it to that spot.Seven is a terrible spot for trading into, unless you want a premiere tackle prospect, Barr, or possibly Carr, Bridgewater.  I cannot see teams falling in love with those guys.  I can see them liking them as prospects and praying they slip to them, but to move around for these cats makes no sense.  Team A may need a hole filled, and Team B may have a draft pick that can solve it, but that is a lot of variables to take into consideration.  I wouldn't factor in any trades...you never see them coming.Watch San Fran swoop in and take the #1 overall  and get Clowney.  Or some ridiculous crap like Seattle moving up into the top 10...you never know what the hell is going on in these kooks minds.  Their brains turn to mush this time of year...overloaded with hype and game tape.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think I've ever heard Jim Nantz report anything before so I don't know how much we should listen to this.

He's the voice of the Masters.  He doesn't just speak to speak.  I think he knows something.  Because the article was coming from him, that's the only reason I am responding.  Let's go get all of the Cowboys picks gentlemen!!!!

I’d be all over that trade! Romo is 34, so it’s not a totally crazy idea at all. Jones could see Manziel as a project, ready to play after Romo retires…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They signed a 34 year old to a six year contract? Too many trips to the glory hole have sucked out Jerah’s brains.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They signed a 34 year old to a six year contract? Too many trips to the glory hole have sucked out Jerah's brains.

So, he backed in?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s Jerah’s glory hole, he does what he wants.Syrup or jelly?

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

Wouldn't be that surprising. Wonder how long it would take JJ to push Romo out the door..

I read somewhere that due to his contract there would be a huge hit if he was cut or traded this season or next season, but after two seasons the hit would be more manageable. If that is true then I'd assume it would be a couple of seasons before they would move on from Romo. I suppose that would allow Manziel to sit and develop behind a proven starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s going to be a Cowboy, this is going to be great!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Cowboys have way to many holes on defense to be drafting a player who will produce no better than Romo would this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They owe Romo $41M guaranteed and can’t get out of Romo’s new contract until 2017 at the earliest. This is all bullsh!t. Never gonna happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s in Dallas right now looking at ass and houses. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They owe Romo $41M guaranteed and can't get out of Romo's new contract until 2017 at the earliest. This is all bullsh!t. Never gonna happen.

Just to emphasize your point, I think it would be a $9 million cap hit if he was cut in 2016.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They owe Romo $41M guaranteed and can't get out of Romo's new contract until 2017 at the earliest. This is all bullsh!t. Never gonna happen.

Just to emphasize your point, I think it would be a $9 million cap hit if he was cut in 2016.

You both make good points, very logical and practical.The trouble is, Jerry is neither one of those things. Who knows what is bouncing around in his noggin. He may believe he can trade Romo and his contract to get out from under it. In Jerry's mind, he may envision 31 other teams ringing his phone off the hook to acquire Romo and his contract. If this was any other owner we were talking about, I would say, no frekin way it happens. But Jerry?  Quite possible IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if they trade him, they owe him $41M in guaranteed money. No way around it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope some one gives us a bunch of picks next week….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s fun to talk about and imagine but I can’t see it happening, Romo is their best chance to win anything in the next few years and his contract is ridiculous. As much as I like Manziel, if he’s there at 7 I’m open to trading back to Dallas’ spot. We could use the extra picks and if they like a QB maybe Bridgewater or Bortles is stll hanging around at 16.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even if they trade him, they owe him $41M in guaranteed money. No way around it.

I hear ya, but its Jerry. The self proclaimed best GM in NFL history.  I wouldn't put anything past him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they trade him, then that guaranteed $ can be heaped onto the back of the team acquiring Romo.What an idiot. He should have just let Romo hit the open market and rolled into 2013 with Orton. Then they would be in better position to grab one of these QB, Manziel included. Instead they are cash strapped and tied to a QB who will never be more than a QB who puts up good numbers vs division foes and crappy opponents.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they trade him, then that guaranteed $ can be heaped onto the back of the team acquiring Romo.What an idiot. He should have just let Romo hit the open market and rolled into 2013 with Orton. Then they would be in better position to grab one of these QB, Manziel included. Instead they are cash strapped and tied to a QB who will never be more than a QB who puts up good numbers vs division foes and crappy opponents.

Agree. And I would add, Jerry and Romo are tight. Jerry may feel he can renegotiate Romo's contract whenever he feels the need. Romo may have a different opinion on that, but like I said earlier, its Jerry we are talking about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree. And I would add, Jerry and Romo are tight. Jerry may feel he can renegotiate Romo's contract whenever he feels the need. Romo may have a different opinion on that, but like I said earlier, its Jerry we are talking about.

Well, renegotiating just kicks the pain down the road. Doesn't make it disappear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFF will be a Cowboy.  The Rams are on the clock!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, renegotiating just kicks the pain down the road. Doesn't make it disappear.

Kicking it to the next year has been the Jerry plan for the last 5-6 capped seasons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They might love him all they want, but now that they have this report…Good luck jj. Try not to use every pick you have to jump that far. I call bs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True, for a younger player that you want around for years. But in Romo's case, Jerry may try to renegotiate his contract with little to none guaranteed money. Then Jerry could see how it goes with JFF, and if it seems to be working, send Romo packing.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

The Cowboys should be worrying about improving their a$$ defense, especially secondary before going for a QB that early.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Cowboys should be worrying about improving their a$$ defense, especially secondary before going for a QB that early.

That franchise is a mess and will be for a long time.  They have so many holes now.  What's sad is they never made any kind of run with Ware there.  Pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I for one would love the Bucs to trade back with Dallas if Manziel is still on the board at #7.  All the Manziel jock sniffers would implode this Board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jerrah just wants him some of what money and big screens can’t buy…GLORREH HOLE!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cowboys just having fun throwing sh!t at the wall and watching the media and fans freak out and make a big deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder when Jerry will “leak” his draft board this year?Dude probably paid money to people to have that opinion...  lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jerry….I got pick #7 here…if you say you will do anything….Give me Dez Bryant pick #16…your second and third rounderand its yours

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dez Bryant? #puke

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dez Bryant? #puke

Agree    ^^^Jerry selling out for JFF, is very possible. If it was Ozzie, or John Schneider, or any other good GM in the league, different story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even jerry isn’t making that trade. It will simply take too much.Besides, romo just signed an extension for somewhere around 50 million. Have to imagine they would have some dead money by releasing or trading him.Jerry would love to go to the "gloryhole" with manziel, but the cost would be ridiculous. Even for an old guy who creeps around locker rooms.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has a relationship with Jerry.  Jerry seems to want him.  It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that he ends up in big D.  I do think there are going to be some surprises next Thursday night. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even jerry isn't making that trade. It will simply take too much.Besides, romo just signed an extension for somewhere around 50 million. Have to imagine they would have some dead money by releasing or trading him.Jerry would love to go to the "gloryhole" with manziel, but the cost would be ridiculous. Even for an old guy who creeps around locker rooms.

He could renegotiate Romo's deal.  And after all these years of Romo stealing Jerry's money in exchange for mediocre QB play, Romo could be willing to do it.  And if he wasn't, and JFF looked good, just park Romo on the bench as insurance in case JFF gets pulverized.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dez Bryant? #puke

Dez and pick #16.... I would take that with no hesitation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dez Bryant? #puke

Then you don't know Dez. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dez Bryant? #puke

Then you don't know Dez.

I know he's a top 5ish WR ... I'll take that and a first round pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dez Bryant? #puke

Then you don't know Dez.

And ignore the off field stuff? Hell, they just shipped Mike Williams out for less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dez Bryant? #puke

Then you don't know Dez.

And ignore the off field stuff? Hell, they just shipped Mike Williams out for less.

Off the field?...hell, how bout the in stadium childish BS he pulls? He might be more trouble than he is worth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Signing footballs and partying with famous people is akin to getting stabbed by your brother and knocking your ex girl’s door in.Jive turkeys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is an ignorant punkass with no idea how to be a man. Throws tantrums during games, quits on his team, leaves for the locker room before the game is even over, constantly in the news for not paying people he owes, choked and hit his own mother, and Jerry Jones had to pay for a security detail to follow this idiot around because he can’t be trusted to be a normal human being instead of a dumb fugging knucklehead…..but some people will root for anyone as long as they score TDs. Others want some level of respectability in a player before we can support them. I’m not asking for 53 angels, but please spare me these scumbag PoS like Dez Bryant. We just got rid of Mike Williams for being an idiot and his idiocy was a mere fraction of Dez Bryant’s epic level of stupid. Not a chance in hell Lovie would ever take him.

Please wait…

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.