…visited 1Buc today, per Roy Cummings…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how many times are they going to meet with this kid?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems kinda weird that they are bringing in a bunch of QB prospects and interviewing them and attending prodays. But so many here seem to think glennon is the next coming of manning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s called smokescreen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought you meant Jimmy Graham for some reason

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boom.  They only get 30.  My second favorite cat to make the Tedford offense go.  (In 2015)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boom.  They only get 30. 

Yep. 30 isn't a lot. Never really understood why there is such a low cap on the number of allowed visits....but it does make "smokescreen" visits unlikely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

30 is the number for out of state players – they can bring in as many as they want if the player went to school in Florida or is from the state..i.e. grew up in the state and went to school elsewhere if my memory serves me correctly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. That’s a wierd rule. Never knew that. Thanks Yuc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Made me Google…Nice articlehttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/05/breaking-down-the-rules-regarding-pre-draft-rookie-visits/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Def not a smokescreen with these visits, normally these are the top guys that they are interested in and want to get to know them more, meeting with Jimmy G already twice before this tells me he is high on their QB board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My bet is he is the QB guy in the second.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guy has really bad pocket presence. Scares me a lot more now than early on when I was reading about him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could most certainly be a smokescreen. Teams meet with players all the time that they end up passing on in the draft for guys they showed less public interest in. Happens every year.If we don't go guard in round 2 I'll be pissed. A starter will be there for us , not necessarily so if we wait . Garoppolo would be a Shaun King-esque pick in the 2nd round , IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude when you meet with a guy twice and than have him for a private visit it is not a smoke screen, Jimmy G has the quick release that Tedford wants and the kid has a lot of talent, he just needs some time to learn and develop and in the future I think he can take over this team. We have met with multiple qb’s and Lovie has said we will go to camp with 4, I do not think this is a smoke screen at all, I think it is our regime taking a look at all the qb’s they have interest in and if they believe they are worth the pick when they are on the clock they will take one of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s absolutely a smoke screen. The Bucs want Mike Evans AND extra picks. Period. Doesn’t mean that they don’t want G-Rop with their second pick, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…a smokescreen only works if you make it believable . I don't doubt for a second they might take one of these early round QB's if the draft falls a certain way , but I don't believe for a second that they are our #1 target.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are going to have a QB option for every pick and options for other rounds even somehow we end up there too…They've had a good spread of guys at the position thus far.  It us a priority position IMO.  Hence the extra looks ,visits and evals.  I would be surprised if they don't get a QB.  The draft would have to fall out very strangely through the rounds to not get one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm fully on board with that. Watkins/Evans in the 1st, Jimmy G in the 2nd, WR in the 3rd would make this fan ecstatic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are going to have a QB option for every pick and options for other rounds even somehow we end up there too...They've had a good spread of guys at the position thus far.  It us a priority position IMO.  Hence the extra looks ,visits and evals.  I would be surprised if they don't get a QB.  The draft would have to fall out very strangely through the rounds to not get one.

We will probably pick a QB , but it's going to be late . I thought it was telling when Licht was quoted as saying , " We do think there are franchise QB's in this draft , but none of the ones you guys are thinking of . " ( paraphrasing )

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the third time the Bucs have met with him. Sounds like our 2nd round pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You think having Jimmy G in is a smoke screen, why would our GM saying it may not be who your thinking of not be a smoke screen? I honestly think if one falls to them at 7 and they are high on that qb they will take them, I feel it will be like that in each round. If they get the qb that they want, I see Glennon being dangled during the draft for a pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are going to have a QB option for every pick and options for other rounds even somehow we end up there too...They've had a good spread of guys at the position thus far.  It us a priority position IMO.  Hence the extra looks ,visits and evals.  I would be surprised if they don't get a QB.  The draft would have to fall out very strangely through the rounds to not get one.

We will probably pick a QB , but it's going to be late . I thought it was telling when Licht was quoted as saying , " We do think there are franchise QB's in this draft , but none of the ones you guys are thinking of . " ( paraphrasing )

They have not met with these guys... But my thoughts are...1 Bridgewater2 Garoppolo3 Murray4 Mettenberger5  Gilbert6  Savage And then camp arms

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the right WR is there in round 1, and the right Guard is there in round 2 , they have to be the pick. Jimmy G is a smokescreen and possibly a backup plan if the draft goes against us.That's just my opinion. We'll see in about a month who's right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the right QB is there at any point… It trumps everything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ya honestly no clue how Jimmy G is a definite smoke screen, if your gonna go for fits to our offense he fits it perfectly, his release is one of the quickest in the drafts and if you rate a qb higher than a G or WR in any round you take the QB, the position that is the most important on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only in your mind, Jdud.  Watch how fast we draft Evans if he is there over any QB in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No Doloris. A great QB trumps any other position in just about everyone’s mind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the right QB is there at any point... It trumps everything.

I agree...  Add in a candidate as a 1 or 2 round selection.  They know now, for certain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the right QB is there at any point... It trumps everything.

I agree...  Add in a candidate as a 1 or 2 round selection.  They know now, for certain.

And I'm not saying Jimmy G is or is not a great QB. I'm just saying if it's your turn to pick and one of the top 5 players on your board is a QB.....he is the correct pick. Especially when you don't have a legitimate starting QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Major flaws in Jimmy G’s game :http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/03/05/qb-jimmy-garoppolo-knockout/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No Doloris. A great QB trumps any other position in just about everyone's mind.

...and who's the "great" QB in this draft ? Who's the Luck ?? Odds are highly against Jimmy G ever being "great" . If you continously draft the Ponders and the Gabberts of the world  , chasing "greatness" that isn't really there , where does that get a team ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Major flaws in Jimmy G's game :http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/03/05/qb-jimmy-garoppolo-knockout/

Bait in the water..."..For analysis of skill players in this year’s draft class, download the 2014 Rookie Scouting Portfolio – available to pre-order now, and for download April 1. Better yet, if you’re a fantasy owner the 56-page Post-Draft Add-on comes with the 2012 – 2014 RSPs at no additional charge and available for download within a week after the NFL Draft. Best, yet, 10 percent of every sale is donated to Darkness to Light to combat sexual abuse. You can purchase past editions of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio for just $9.95 apiece..."Ignored, because its smells funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could also be part of the bucs drumming up the trade market for our 2nd or maybe even the 3rd rounder. A trade bak in the second could probably still get us a good olineman and net us an xtra 3rd in the process

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Major flaws in Jimmy G's game :http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/03/05/qb-jimmy-garoppolo-knockout/

Ignored, because its smells funny.

All this Jimmy G hype smells funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No Doloris. A great QB trumps any other position in just about everyone's mind.

...and who's the "great" QB in this draft ? Who's the Luck ?? Odds are highly against Jimmy G ever being "great" . If you continously draft the Ponders and the Gabberts of the world  , chasing "greatness" that isn't really there , where does that get a team ?

As I just said, explained....I'm not declaring anyone great or not great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of us have a clue who is going to be great, who honestly thought Russel Wilson would of been like he was? I was always a fan of his but I will never lie and say I thought he would be like that, I never said Jimmy G would great either but I like the kids upside and traits he has for a qb, the bottom line is it doesn’t matter what we think, if the regime likes a qb in any round, they will take that player over another position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jimmy G?  You have to be kidding me.  Driftwood on top of rotting wood on top of a sh*tbox.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put it this way : if you think Lovie will place everything else aside to go chasing qbs early in a draft , you havent been paying attention to his track record.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie took a year off and looked at everything, you don’t think he looked and said wow if I had a franchise type qb I would of won that Super Bowl? Don’t think for one second Lovie doesn’t realize he needs that type of qb, the question is can he get that in this draft and does he see one in that category.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Jimmy.He needs a year with a clipboard.  Perfect fit and no immediate pressure to start.It really is that simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We suck too bad to take backups in round 2 .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie took a year off and looked at everything, you don't think he looked and said wow if I had a franchise type qb I would of won that Super Bowl? Don't think for one second Lovie doesn't realize he needs that type of qb, the question is can he get that in this draft and does he see one in that category.

Salient point. If that QB was Glennon I doubt he'd sign another QB that quickly before the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie took a year off and looked at everything, you don't think he looked and said wow if I had a franchise type qb I would of won that Super Bowl?

You're damn right, he does. The guy made it to the Superbowl with Rex f'ing Grossman..... he won't make that mistake again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally I like Garoppolo in the 3rd round. Any earlier feels like a reach to me. It’s going to be able interesting draft. There is zero concensus. Nobody has any idea where anyone is going to go. I love it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah this draft will be nuts. Hopefully some things start to clear up in the next few weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope nothing clears up. I hope it is a complete fluster cluck come draft day with complete madness. Madness!!!shoopdawhoop-300-2.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally I like Garoppolo in the 3rd round. Any earlier feels like a reach to me. It's going to be able interesting draft. There is zero concensus. Nobody has any idea where anyone is going to go. I love it.

Isn't going to happen. Too many QB hungry teams out there. He's rated the 5th or 6th best QB prospect in this draft. I think once the run on premium players is done, teams like Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland, Minny, Tampa are going to go on a run of QBs, probably in the 2nd round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well you can say it ain’t happening till you’re blue in the face….but the truth is you don’t know what will happen. Nobody does. Last year all the experts said Ryan Nassib and Barkley were sure fire first round picks….point is anything can happen. Especially in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn't impressed with Garoppolo pre- East/West shrine game.  The game showed his quick release, but other than that, I didn't get that excited.  I'm thinking the Bucs want to see how fast and how much he's progressed between interviews; should be interesting come draft day . . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of us have a clue who is going to be great, who honestly thought Russel Wilson would of been like he was?

Java Did!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just hope the find a guy that they think will be a franchise QB.  I am all over Bortles in the first.  I would take Manziel too, although he scares the crap out of me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally I like Garoppolo in the 3rd round. Any earlier feels like a reach to me. It's going to be able interesting draft. There is zero concensus. Nobody has any idea where anyone is going to go. I love it.

Isn't going to happen. Too many QB hungry teams out there. He's rated the 5th or 6th best QB prospect in this draft. I think once the run on premium players is done, teams like Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland, Minny, Tampa are going to go on a run of QBs, probably in the 2nd round.

All it takes is for a couple of the early projected qB's to fall early, which is very possible.  Garoppolo could absolutely fall to the early part of the 3rd round.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I agree, wouldn't be a huge fan of taking Garoppolo in the 2nd when we have more pressing needs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garoppolo is a reach in the 2nd in most drafts and especially in this one with like a round and a half of first round talent.

Please wait…

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.