Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• jbear

Participant

• jbear

Participant

Busy day at the White House.

• jbear

Participant

This just in…. Joe has just asked for more logs. is a pre lunch nap in the cards?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

weakest troll title ever. You should let some time pass so its not soooooooooo obvious you’re responding to the mocking

:-)

• jbear

Participant

Can’t imagine why a Republican like you would be offended by it though. Maybe it’s the Claire McCaskill influence?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

yawn . . . have come coffee Java . . . (Island)

• jbear

Participant

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/fact-check-biden-cnn-town-hall-anderson-cooper-milwaukee/index.html

Uh oh…. The lies are starting already. How did his handlers allow this to happen? If he needs some activity let him walk along side someone strong enough to walk his dog.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Its not even creative. Its like recycling the dumbest of all dumb from a failed presidential campaign because you literally cant come up with anything better .

• jbear

Participant

I’m shocked that a Republican like you who gets his information from Claire McCaskill’s twitter feed, doesn’t know that the logs on the fire, early bed times and naps is from a CNN piece that raised a few eyebrows the other day.

It has nothing to do with the campaign trail Verge.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

hahah, sure sign of death of trolling efforts: posting an article you didnt read

JBear, switch to Coffeeisland please?

• jbear

Participant

What’s it say?

He had to sign 12 copies?

Had to walk over 50 steps?

Did he have to have pictures taken?

• Stagger Lee

Participant

and the typical “yeah, you’re right I am a troll” that always follows

• jbear

Participant

You are the expert….

Hey, how’s that “Antifa Antifa!!!” thread going?

• DCGoth

Participant

At least he’s not wasting the day on the golf course. I’d rather see a fifteen minute nap as opposed to four hours of taxpayer $$ going to s Secret Service Team playing caddy and beercart girl go-fer.

Also, want it Trump that has to hold up every EO like a five year-old who just drew a pitchure? 😃

I’d rather have a beer bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.

• jbear

Participant

You know DC it’s amazing really. You are a decent guy. It took Alice coming back for me to really see it but I figured it out in the end.

I can’t even remember if Obama played golf but honestly it doesn’t do anything for me emotionally. Golf, don’t golf. People are allowed to unwind however they want even if they are the President. If you’re too old to do anything else, a good nap by the fire is just fine…. so long as the country isn’t burning down.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Are things really so bleak that you’re clinging back to Trump one-liners from a failed election campaign?

What’s next?

Bengazi?
      War in Christmas?
      New Deal?
      Anthony Weiner?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Legit jbear right now:

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

TheLordJesusTrump nailed it:

SleepyF*nJoe

• Stagger Lee

Participant

JavaBear, CoffeeIsland, KKKChron

hmmmm

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Why is jo always f___ing sleeping?

“aMeRicA iS baCk!!!”
      LoserfgtDems
      Trash(D)Party

• Stagger Lee

Participant

you can spell it out, JBear

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

OK!

“zzzzZZZzzzzzzzzz”

done.

• jbear

Participant

Why is Kamala meeting with foreign leaders? Was it nap time? His handlers are afraid he’s going to ask his security detail to bring in his hand picked selection of 50 piece puzzles to calm his nerves?

What gives?

• jbear

Participant

Hey Vlad….. Let’s do puzzles and have some apple sauce! Wadaya say man?

Puzzles?

• DCGoth

Participant

You know DC it’s amazing really. You are a decent guy.

@JBear

Thx, I appreciate the comment. As I’ve mentioned. You can be very good at submitting some thought-provoking discourse, and I appreciate that as well.

I can’t even remember if Obama played golf but honestly it doesn’t do anything for me emotionally. Golf, don’t golf. People are allowed to unwind however they want even if they are the President.

Also true. Many moons ago, back an I had a life, I used to golf. (Badly. 😎) A lot of deals get done on a golf course, so I don’t really begrudge anyone a few hours out on a nice day.

I’m certain I’ve made some positive impressions back when I would golf. Also, a number of outings use golf to raise money for charities. I’ve played in a few. (Again, badly)

My high school had / has a Golf Team, and some of those kids were good. The school also uses a few annual events to help raise scholarship funds to assist people who can’t afford the tuition, so I’m pretty ambivalent about anyone getting some time out to decompress and soak up a little sun.

Oh, two recommendations, which are great even if you don’t play Golf. First, my favourite is Leslie Neilson’s video series. It’s hilarious, yet also touch on some fun points about the sport in general.

The other series is Tim Conway’s videos. He also provides some great hilarity at being a bad golfer.

My favourite line from the Leslie Neilson series (Probably not an exact quote.): “There are 10,000,000 people who play golf in the US. Out of those 10 million, 9,999,994 play it badly, so instead of trying to play well and feel miserable, play badly and feel good.” 😃

He also does some funny stunts, some probably not PC these days: “Want to shave 20 points off of your score? Put on a dress and hit from the Women’s Tee.”

• DCGoth

Participant

Why is jo always f___ing sleeping?

@Chron

Because he can?

Don’t knock a good nap. During lunch, as far back as my thirties, I would kick back at my desk during lunch and squeeze in twenty minutes. It really does refresh you and you’re more productive in the afternoon.

Prior to that, it was almost required that you had to do the The martini lunch. I did that a lot, and none of us were very productive upon returning to the office. (Granted, that action was almost required, as our VPs were usually there, so we probably did our afternoon work while gathered for lunch. The world has changed since then, but I can’t really knock it. (At one lunch in particular, we had a table of about fifteen or so. We all ordered our drinks, as that was a pre-cursor to lunch. Once, a new guy, just hired, ordered an Iced Tea. Or VP (jokingly) asked the table “What’s wrong with the new guy?” 😃))

The 80s were a very “unique” time in history.

• jbear

Participant

Sounds like an episode of Mad Men which I highly recommend. I agree that I couldn’t work like that but it might be fun to try it for a while.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

He’s awake!

• jbear

Participant

I wonder if they will be as tough as the sanctions Trump put on Russia that you never heard of.

• Stagger Lee

Participant

Posted like the true non-Trump supporting Libertarian Trump voter you are

• DCGoth

Participant

Sounds like an episode of Mad Men which I highly recommend. I agree that I couldn’t work like that but it might be fun to try it for a while.

@JBear

Most true. While I haven’t bonded to entire series, I’ve seen a good deal of the episodes. Mad Men really did kinda capture that early to middle part of the sixties, that, IMHO, would now be mistaken for the fifties.

Some of the stuff they get wrong, but I like how they even mail down the fact that everyone has an ashtray and some form of elaborate / decorative lighters in their houses. Ashtrays, back Tim, resembled works of sculpture, or some other expression of artistic design. (The only way to tell the difference between an ashtray and a candy dish back then was the indentations to hold cigarettes in the ashtrays. 😎 It really was an odd time for a while.

• jbear

Participant

Even when I was a kid in the 80’s the smoking was still really common. Not in an office though. I don’t think it’s a bad thing that people are more concerned with health these days just because I’m for people’s right to do what they want with their own bodies.

Not that you said anything about that.

• jbear

Participant

Just thinking of the misogyny. I have to admit that all the men just telling their wives that they stayed in the city instead of coming home, never even crossed my mind before watching that show.

“Hey honey, are you planning on coming home tonight?” “You know dear…. I haven’t decided yet… If I don’t come home then just assume I decided to stay in the city since I won’t bother calling.”

I’d never do my wife like that but the idea of my wife gobbling up every stupid thing I say as if it was gospel was pretty interesting to say the least.

• jbear

Participant

Pretty sure none of us are getting away with that these days thank you cell phones and progressive Democrats.

I’m serious….. thanks a lot Fire.

• DCGoth

Participant

I don’t think it’s a bad thing that people are more concerned with health these days just because I’m for people’s right to do what they want with their own bodies.

Very true. I never smoked, but at work, everyone rose did. One guy who sat by my office smoked a pipe, but he was too cheap to buy quality tobacco, so he worked get these samples from the tobacco shop, and they always smelled like burning tires. Smoking kind of got phased out during the late 90s or so. It was a real culture shock to see that bars here still permit smoking.

Just thinking of the misogyny. I have to admit that all the men just telling their wives that they stayed in the city instead of coming home, never even crossed my mind before watching that show.

Also true. I remember that being divorced carried a stigma not unlike The Graduate. Some things just weren’t discussed. We had one lady at the other end of the block who was divorced. The weekly gossip amongst the other mothers was usually speculating who she was sleeping with. That was even the later part of the 60s. It’s odd, though. For being so socially repressed, it was still mostly fun; however, by the time before games like Pong came out, we were playing those early games in bars. Iirc, I was twenty-seven when 8 Bit NES came out. I knew right then that I was born too early. 😎 (Back then, you couldn’t screen scrape, not from a television. I played the original US Final Fantasy and played through until I had beaten it. I snapped a pic of the television screen and mailed it into Nintendo Power Magazine. I was listed as of the first people who finished it.)

I carried the gaming love into the 90s, but I mainly love JRPGs. So, I started learning Japanese. When my son was born in 93, he was learning Japanese without realising it, as he always played the earlier consoles with me. (That’s about the same time I got really rusty on Russian.)

Pretty sure none of us are getting away with that these days thank you cell phones and progressive Democrats.

Yeah, I’m kinda stuck on weighing certain freedom values against consequences. I’m not big on always being attached to GPS, and knowing exactly how easy it is to exploit the advances. Probably the best of that, in the positive, “Find My iPhone, GPS, chips, etc. Yay, at the same time I’m not certain that I’m keen knowing how easy it is to track someone or something. I imagine the proper answer lies somewhere in the middle. I enjoyed the Internet prior to when it turned into mostly marketing. I think, to some degree, I was already too burnt on the Internet.

Ç’est la vie. My daughter, all of twenty-one, I believe, would be lost if the airwaves dropped all of the RF. 😎

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.