Joe Haden on the block

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Easythe great
    Participant

The Bucs should trade a 3rd or 4th rounder in the 2019 draft for this guy..

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

freddy
    Participant

I think he would command much more than a 3rd or 4th.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Live4BUCS
    Participant

I don’t think he’s worth more then a 4th. When was the last time he was talked about as one of the best? 2011? Also factor in his contract…. I’d give him a 4th at most.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    naturalselection
    Participant

Yeah, 14.4 mil in 18 and 10.9 in 19. I would not give up a 4th to take on his contract.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Pass.

Pass rush is king in the NFL.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

Pepsi
    Participant

yea nothing more important than pass rush for us right now. If our pass rush is below average, then Haden wouldnt bring much value to us. VHG3 played very well for us in preseason, yet Kizer lit us up.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    1bucfanjeff
    Participant

4th, maybe a 3rd, and Browns take on some of the salary. He can always be cut no strings attached.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    welzboy409
    Participant

I think grimes slides over to nickle and finish’s out his career there with maybe two more years and we make this trade happen no more than a 3rd. If youve been watching hard knocks youll see we are surprisingly thin at DB as well as the line.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    freddy
    Participant

If they are shopping everyone, we should ask about Joe Thomas

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Cerious
    Participant

@Pepsi

Conversely, if our pass rush isn’t generating pressure we would want to put the best pass defense we can put together on the field. So yeah, pass defense would be the next best thing if not as important as pass rushers. There used to be this thing called coverage sacks, lol. Coverage was half the reason why our defense was so dominate two decades ago.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pepsi
    Participant

Cerious
    Aug 29, 17 at 3:01 pm #1021726
    @pepsi

Conversely, if our pass rush isn’t generating pressure we would want to put the best pass defense we can put together on the field. So yeah, pass defense would be the next best thing if not as important as pass rushers. There used to be this thing called coverage sacks, lol. Coverage was half the reason why our defense was so dominate two decades ago

It just doesnt work like that. Good coverage doesnt make up for a non existent pass rush. its a myth or at best an major exception. I was on the red board years ago telling everyone that Talib is our best defensive player and one of the best corners in the league, while the majority were saying hes just above average and not worth the potential trouble. Why did he appear just above average for us? because we had no passrush – effectively reducing his value to us. As soon as he went to teams that had pass rush he shot up to national recognition as a top corner in the league.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    1bucfanjeff
    Participant

He’s still a pretty good talent. Price tag is the only issue.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Buc 1976
    Participant

IMO not worth it

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No pass rush means he is toast out there. Unless his last name is Sanders or Woodson, I don’t want to hear about corners anymore. Fricken Revis. Ugh.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucpride5
    Participant

Stupid post

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

2016, can't be worse than Lovie's first year, right...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.