Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• CaptainStagger

Participant

Last week a lot of attention was put on Evan Smith’s slow snaps.  Once he was replaced, there was a noticeable difference. I might have to re watch, but without  thinking about it once Hawley was playing I noticed it. Snaps seemed “crisp” and “direct” not the low floaters I was accustomed to seeing. Anyone else get a sense of it, or his play in general vs. Smith? Despite being a cast off from the NFL’s second worst Oline, is Hawley an upgrade?That tripping call was B.S. By the way so I'm not holding that against him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it also seemed that our run game was not as effective later in the game after EDS left.  but thats not scientific.  i would have liked to see warren in there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d like to see more Warren as well. He looked good against Cincy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also noticed the snaps were a little more crisp with Hawley.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it also seemed that our run game was not as effective later in the game after EDS left.  but thats not scientific.  i would have liked to see warren in there.

Hard to say if the change at center caused this or the fact that the play calling got so predictable on 1st and 2nd down was a run play every time they just loaded the box.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m thinking they changed the snap speed from the preseason problems they were having…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hawley’s snaps were definitely more crisp and direct. In a game of inches, I’ll take that .25 of a second. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Smith floated them a lot to Aaron Rodgers as a Packer too. If the QB expects it and the O’line is experienced with the timing of it, no big deal. If not, definitely can throw off the timing of a play…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the running game suffered because Lovie was playing not to lose. We went one dimensional and they stacked the box and keyed the run. I would have liked to see Warren too, but for a scrap heap guy Hawley did ok. I'd like to see how he graded out on pff...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He needed to keep rolling to avoid the tripping call.  As it was he stayed on his back and kept his legs in the air which is un-natural… (which brought it to the refs attention.)Haven't noticed anything about snap speed, but saw no degradation in blocking performance with EDS out...  hmmmmm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to see how Hawly handles his double team assignment against JJ Watt this week before getting too freaked out. He did decent coming in cold and compared to Evan “holding” Smith, it was an improvement from a technical perspective.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the running game suffered because Lovie was playing not to lose. We went one dimensional and they stacked the box and keyed the run. I would have liked to see Warren too, but for a scrap heap guy Hawley did ok. I'd like to see how he graded out on pff...

did you rewatch the game?  i didnt.  i just think its an easy excuse.  when did EDS leave the game?  when did love start playing not to lose?  was koetter ok with playing not to lose?

Please wait…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.