Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think dude nails it…http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/joe-thomas-compares-nfl-to-wwe-goodell-to-vince-mcmahon/Joe Thomas compares NFL to WWE, Goodell to Vince McMahonPosted by Zac Jackson on August 23, 2015, 7:57 PM EDTJoe Thomas, Mike PettineAPBrowns left tackle Joe Thomas had an interesting take on Tom Brady and DeflateGate on Sunday when Cleveland-area reporters asked the eight-time Pro Bowler about it.Per Pat McManamon of ESPN, Thomas likened the NFL to professional wresting and compared NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to WWE chairman Vince McMahon, saying the NFL is an “entertainment business” and that “basically, Goodell is Vince McMahon.”That may not go over well with Goodell, but Thomas said the NFL set up a “sting operation” on Brady and ultimately gave him “the death penalty” for what Thomas said equated “to driving 66 [MPH] in a 65 zone.”But Thomas said Goodell is making headlines and that “his predecessor did not act unreasonably” in dealing with such matters. Thomas sees football air pressure as a non-story but said he understands that everything is a story in today’s game.“I’m not sure if [Goodell] realizes what he’s doing is brilliant, but what he’s doing is brilliant because he’s made the NFL relevant 365 [days] by having these outrageous, ridiculous witch hunts,” Thomas said. “It’s made the game more popular than ever and it’s become so much more of an entertainment business and it’s making so much money.“That’s why I’m sure there’s plenty of people saying this is embarrassing for the league. But it’s an entertainment business when it comes right down to it. When the game gets eyeballs in newspapers and on TV, that’s what in the end is the goal for everyone. And that’s what this controversy is giving them.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Geesh. These players are a bunch of entitled crybabies. Very easy for them to sit back and critique the business side of the operation when many of them haven’t the slightest clue what it takes to run a multi-billion dollar organization like the NFL.If Brady didn't cheat, he wouldn't be in the situation he's in now. Also, the entire Patriot organization is to blame, starting at the top. Their entire culture is based upon competitive advantage (which is commendable in certain circumstances) to the point where they seemingly have no issues with conducting illegal activities in the hopes of not getting caught. The Patriots are like NASCAR in the 90s. "If you can get away with it, do it!"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Thomas… what he said, and what he meant.What he said: "...by having these outrageous, ridiculous witch hunts,”What he meant: "... hopefully if the Browns cut me because of money, the Patriots will sign me and I might finally be on a team that wins."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok then....But who is stone cold steve Austin?Because it would be nice to watch goodell's ass being kicked on a weekly basis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Thomas signed a 7-year, $80,500,000 contract with over 28 million guaranteed. Please STFU, Joe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, no doubt, he "nails it"but his fat f*ckin 80 million dollar contract is in part thanks to ol roger mcmahon's anticsits like a bee complaining how damn flowery you made the garden

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the point is being lost behind some other “stuff”. What I believe Thomas is trying to say is most of the controversial elements of the NFL offseason are things which don’t need to occupy much airtime and yet somehow it does…I don’t think its accidental personally but clearly I’m not an expert on the subject….altho I am uber-rich and can kick all of ur asses in a battle royal if you agree to sign waivers…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the point is being lost behind some other "stuff". What I believe Thomas is trying to say is most of the controversial elements of the NFL offseason are things which don't need to occupy much airtime and yet somehow it does...I don't think its accidental personally but clearly I'm not an expert on the subject....altho I am uber-rich and can kick all of ur asses in a battle royal if you agree to sign waivers...

The air time is created by the media, not the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the point is being lost behind some other "stuff". What I believe Thomas is trying to say is most of the controversial elements of the NFL offseason are things which don't need to occupy much airtime and yet somehow it does...I don't think its accidental personally but clearly I'm not an expert on the subject....altho I am uber-rich and can kick all of ur asses in a battle royal if you agree to sign waivers...

The NFL and media are partners

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a pretty smart guy. I imagine he’ll “fail” a test next week and be suspended 4 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, no doubt, he "nails it"but his fat f*ckin 80 million dollar contract is in part thanks to ol roger mcmahon's anticsits like a bee complaining how damn flowery you made the garden

..F###ing bees!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whiteboy must have his fall guy picked out…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whiteboy must have his fall guy picked out...

Fyi, cj, you are my fall guy when draftime comes around again!I cant be getting banned that time every year anymore. Im too important for that to happen! People count on me here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These poor poor poor pitiful players…having to live and work under the thumb of a Nazi like Goodell….Oh the humanity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whiteboy must have his fall guy picked out...

Fyi, cj, you are my fall guy when draftime comes around again!I cant be getting banned that time every year anymore. Im too important for that to happen! People count on me here.

Speaking of draftime, the guy I wanted looked good this week...Leonard Williams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL…you guys will read into it whatever you wish…but at the end of the day, it’s night.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Some Folks act like the NFL is the Government or Law Enforcement  ..Goodell  has done more to try and clean up the League than the previous Commisioners did ,how many guys were suspended for Domestic Violence before Goodell ? …I just want to watch Football i do not expect the NFL to Govern society and if the Players do not like it go play in Canada .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NFL and media are partners

Only for the games, not everyday content.

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.