Viewing 107 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

A just for fun thread to document his time in ClevelandSince JFF's arrival in Cleveland, two things have already happened.  1) There #1 receiver, Gordon, has been suspended for one year for a copious weed habit. This was not in and of itself something JFF was responsible for but somehow in the kharmatic equation it should be tied to his arrival in Brown Town. 2) The owner of the Browns, Jimmy Haslam, said the following to JFF in their first meeting “We were frank with [Manziel] on Friday that’s the expectation, you’re the backup quarterback,” Haslam said. “This is a hard-working, blue-collar town, this isn’t Hollywood. We want you to come in and go to work.” - Translated - It's cool that you were drafted in the first round but stop doing coke off the ass crack of strippers and let's start acting like a professional.More than any other athlete of our time he's going to have the microscope on him.  Not only TMZ and the NFL fan base but the Browns will have someone keep tabs on him as well.  My prediction is he's going to fold quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, neither point you made is accurate.  Manziel will be a very good player.  A D Bag yes, but a very good player.I see him being along the lines of a Jeff Garcia. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man I used to love that showart_bunch2.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s hard to say because he’ll be out of the college environment.  He won’t start until he proves he can handle the pressure on and off the field.  My bet is he loves football enough to stay out of trouble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's hard to say because he'll be out of the college environment.  He won't start until he proves he can handle the pressure on and off the field.  My bet is he loves football enough to stay out of trouble.

He seems to be a bit of a fame monger.  Does he love football more than he loves fame and all of the trappings that he been indulging in the past two years? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Bench was one of the best players of all time.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On this we agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, neither point you made is accurate.  Manziel will be a very good player.  A D Bag yes, but a very good player.I see him being along the lines of a Jeff Garcia.

Manziel will be a good player based on what exactly? How about you try looking into him a bit and stop regurgitating Chris Burman BS. He has talents that made him very effective in college, those talents will not be nearly as effective in the NFL. He'll need to be a pass 1st QB before his scrambling will help much and as of his last game in TAM he was a very limited passer who had trouble throwing over the middle, trouble with timing routes and basically trouble with any kind of pass that wasn't a swing/screen pass or a back yard hail marry to that monster Mike Evans.Some QBs make their WR look good, some WR make their QBs look good. Vjax and MikeWill made Freeman look very good in '12, Evans made JFF look very good. Truth is that Manziel was just this side of average when NOT throwing the ball to Evans. What does that tell you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will be a good player based on what exactly? How about you try looking into him a bit and stop regurgitating Chris Burman BS. He has talents that made him very effective in college, those talents will not be nearly as effective in the NFL. He'll need to be a pass 1st QB before his scrambling will help much and as of his last game in TAM he was a very limited passer who had trouble throwing over the middle, trouble with timing routes and basically trouble with any kind of pass that wasn't a swing/screen pass or a back yard hail marry to that monster Mike Evans.Some QBs make their WR look good, some WR make their QBs look good. Vjax and MikeWill made Freeman look very good in '12, Evans made JFF look very good. Truth is that Manziel was just this side of average when NOT throwing the ball to Evans. What does that tell you?

Jeez this is a lot of anger for a player that means nothing to the Bucs.  The guy was the best college QB we have seen in a long time.  He played against top tier competition and excelled.  Ask Saban how his skills are this side of average.  As for throwing to Evans, who wouldn't?  He was their best receiver and arguably their best player.  Stafford sucks when he isn't throwing to Megatron.  Shocking, right?I agree his running skill set is not going to translate to the NFL.  His passing skill set will. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A just for fun thread to document his time in ClevelandSince JFF's arrival in Cleveland, two things have already happened.  1) There #1 receiver, Gordon, has been suspended for one year for a copious weed habit. This was not in and of itself something JFF was responsible for but somehow in the kharmatic equation it should be tied to his arrival in Brown Town. 2) The owner of the Browns, Jimmy Haslam, said the following to JFF in their first meeting “We were frank with [Manziel] on Friday that’s the expectation, you’re the backup quarterback,” Haslam said. “This is a hard-working, blue-collar town, this isn’t Hollywood. We want you to come in and go to work.” - Translated - It's cool that you were drafted in the first round but stop doing coke off the ass crack of strippers and let's start acting like a professional.More than any other athlete of our time he's going to have the microscope on him.  Not only TMZ and the NFL fan base but the Browns will have someone keep tabs on him as well.  My prediction is he's going to fold quickly.

That's not true.  That bum Tebow was way more scrutinized before the draft.  I don't see how Manziel will be more objectified after the draft either.  The only people who really care are the whack-o A&M homers and the nuthuggers like JDub.  That total is way lower than "Tebow-mania".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel may get more overall press because he is a real QB compared to Tebow, who should have been a TE if anything.  The Bucs made the right move in Evans, who I think will be a poor mans Megatron, and McCown will be fantastic for the next two years.  But to think Manziel wont be good, I just don't see it.  The guys can flat out play. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jeez this is a lot of anger for a player that means nothing to the Bucs.  The guy was the best college QB we have seen in a long time.  He played against top tier competition and excelled.  Ask Saban how his skills are this side of average.  As for throwing to Evans, who wouldn't?  He was their best receiver and arguably their best player.  Stafford sucks when he isn't throwing to Megatron.  Shocking, right?I agree his running skill set is not going to translate to the NFL.  His passing skill set will.

Well thats the problem, because who knows if his passing skill set will translate to the NFL? He had a ridiculous amount of time to throw the ball, never take a snap from directly under center, always atleast 5 yards behind the line, and hardly ever climbed up into the pocket to extend the play. He generally stood way back completely untouched and if he felt any sort of pressure it was Jonny Manziel improvise time which usually meant bolting out of the pocket and all WRs breaking from there normal routes trying to help out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said it with Tim Tebow, I’ll say it again with Johnny Manziel…He will not be a successful quarterback in this league. Both are great athletes, neither are great QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well thats the problem, because who knows if his passing skill set will translate to the NFL? He had a ridiculous amount of time to throw the ball, never take a snap from directly under center, always atleast 5 yards behind the line, and hardly ever climbed up into the pocket to extend the play. He generally stood way back completely untouched and if he felt any sort of pressure it was Jonny Manziel improvise time which usually meant bolting out of the pocket and all WRs breaking from there normal routes trying to help out.

What about his vision?  His accuracy?  His ability to make YAC with his throws?  Yes, he showed way too much sandlot for the NFL, but the kid can flat out play and "gets" the game. I think most of the "hate" (I "hate" that term, btw) is because of his womanizing and general D bagginess, not his play on the field.  He is a smart QB who just understands the game. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Time will tell, I wouldn’t hold my breath. He’s a project and has a lot to work on, IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's going to have to prove he can read defenses and pass.  I know all of the accolades given to him over the past two years and leading up to the combine but I just dont see it.  Even if he was an even keeled hard worker he would struggle. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's going to have to prove he can read defenses and pass.  I know all of the accolades given to him over the past two years and leading up to the combine but I just dont see it.  Even if he was an even keeled hard worker he would struggle.

I would have liked his chances a lot better had he gone to the Chiefs/Reid, but as you say time will tell.  I see a player, you don't.  As for his womanizing, meh, most QB's are the same, he is just more public about it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like someone is a little obsessed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He definitively would have benefited from someone like Reid or Chip, someone with a specific offensive vision.  I would disagree though that most QBs are like Manziel off the field.  Most of them are more like Peyton and less like Broadway Joe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not bet against Manziel dispite the lowly Browns he was drafted by.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not bet against Manziel dispite the lowly Browns he was drafted by.

I already have bet against him and won big.  So, I will probably quit while I'm ahead but it doesn't look good from where I'm sitting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ll see if OC Kyle Shanahan lets Manziel run a wildcat scheme. Who knows how they’ll use him… Or what he’ll do… Or how much they’ll tolerate his antics.     Anyone remember the '85 Bears? Coach Mike Ditka was constantly at odds with their rebel QB, Jim McMahon, and at least for 1 year, it worked out.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lmao yeah because telling a QB he has to earn his spots make him destined to fail. Maybe the Browns have learned from all the other shit shows they have drafted at QB and don’t wanna just throw the rookie into the fire if he isn’t ready

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lmao yeah because telling a QB he has to earn his spots make him destined to fail. Maybe the Browns have learned from all the other **CENSORED** shows they have drafted at QB and don't wanna just throw the rookie into the fire if he isn't ready

I actually applaud Haslam for nipping it in the bud right away.  If he is going to have any chance to succeed he is going to have to dig in right away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…………..5/15/2014…………….The Browns have made a decision to limit media access to JFF during his first rookie mini-camp this weekend.  They are already reigning him in making him fall in line with the rest of the team. Anyone interested in covering Browns practice must request it 48 hours in advance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’ll ruin him. Cleveland actually wins at destroying first round qb’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He ain’t no Bernie Kosar.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On this we agree.

I had to google this. There really was a baseball player named Johnny Bench. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On this we agree.

I had to google this. There really was a baseball player named Johnny Bench. LOL

A subtle reminder that I am the only 92 year old on this board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On this we agree.

Awww....sorry.  :(  I just don't follow baseball. Did you get the message I sent you the other day?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Bench played baseball where Raymond James Stadium is now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'll see if OC Kyle Shanahan lets Manziel run a wildcat scheme. Who knows how they'll use him... Or what he'll do... Or how much they'll tolerate his antics.     Anyone remember the '85 Bears? Coach Mike Ditka was constantly at odds with their rebel QB, Jim McMahon, and at least for 1 year, it worked out. 

Run the Wildcat?Why thank you...-signed the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers Defensive Front Sevens-

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'll see if OC Kyle Shanahan lets Manziel run a wildcat scheme. Who knows how they'll use him... Or what he'll do... Or how much they'll tolerate his antics.     Anyone remember the '85 Bears? Coach Mike Ditka was constantly at odds with their rebel QB, Jim McMahon, and at least for 1 year, it worked out. 

Run the Wildcat?Why thank you...-signed the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers Defensive Front Sevens-

Honestly, any kind of specialized offense designed for JFF will make me laugh.  He's quick, he's not fast.  You need to be both of you are going to lead with scrambling in this league as a QB.  The over under just came out on how many games he will play in his first season.  They have it at 8.5.  I may bet the under huge!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw Bench play at Crosley Field when he was a 19 year old rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually applaud Haslam for nipping it in the bud right away.  If he is going to have any chance to succeed he is going to have to dig in right away.

See, I think he played it exactly the wrong way. I think the Browns situation is pretty disastrous for JM actually. I'm a fan of his and think he can succeed under the right situation, but I see a lot of obstacles in Cleveland.- Haslam played it like the clunky new owner he is - I'm the boss, and I'm going to break in this young colt! He's already put him on double-secret probation probably. - WR situation is among the worst in the NFL, and Myles Hamstring didn't make it better. Borderline criminal drafting given the class of WR. - I'm very skeptical that Shanny Jr. is the right OC for him. People think he'll be good because of RGIII's rookie year, but there was way to much behind the scenes noise that suggest that he struggled with the RGIII personality cult and simply the improv act at QB. Nobody really proved it as far as I know in Washington, but most people suspected he leaked a lot of negative stuff about RGIII during the 3-13 season. He's a control freak just like his dad.- First time HC (who I liked as a choice, btw), who was about the 8th guy on their wish list. Think there's a short leash? The WR thing is a double-whammy, because for the Manziel riding pine plan to work, Hoyer has to have some success. He's opening at Pittsburgh, New Orleans at home, Baltimore at home. Think he's going to get to the 4th week bye with a winning record? If he's 0-3, that's going to be the longest 2 weeks to the next game in recent Brown history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel may get more overall press because he is a real QB compared to Tebow, who should have been a TE if anything.  The Bucs made the right move in Evans, who I think will be a poor mans Megatron, and McCown will be fantastic for the next two years.  But to think Manziel wont be good, I just don't see it.  The guys can flat out play.

A lot will depend on how well Cleveland's offensive line adapts to Manziel's style of play and how much the Browns improve their putrid rushing attack....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot will depend on how well Cleveland's offensive line adapts to Manziel's style of play and how much the Browns improve their putrid rushing attack....

Their #1 pick from 2 years ago, Trent Richardson, should help with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The difference is that Ditkas QB knew how to play the pro game.  He knew how to read defenses, make checks out of bad plays and how to manipulate a defense.  He was a good passer that could make all the throws in a pro style offense.I'll believe it when I see it with Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top five reasons jff will fail in cleveland.5) With as much punetang that's getting thrown at him, he'll be lucky to have less illegitimate children than sapp.4) Their top wideout was suspended for doing the natural thing, and smoke some weed to feel better about being a brown.3) The nightlife..(crickets).2) Did I mention the punetang?1) It's cleveland. They ruin first round qb's like a heavyset woman crushes pelvises.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Top five reasons jff will fail in cleveland.5) With as much punetang that's getting thrown at him, he'll be lucky to have less illegitimate children than sapp.4) Their top wideout was suspended for doing the natural thing, and smoke some weed to feel better about being a brown.3) The nightlife..(crickets).2) Did I mention the punetang?1) It's cleveland. They ruin first round qb's like a heavyset woman crushes pelvises.

LOL!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/5/23/5744690/johnny-manziel-lawsuit-nude-hot-dog-selfiesWay to go JFF!  Cleveland's new leader.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/5/23/5744690/johnny-manziel-lawsuit-nude-hot-dog-selfiesWay to go JFF!  Cleveland's new leader.

That's a hoax and an obvious one from the start. Are you stupid?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it's a hoax..........

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So was Favre’s ……till they checked on it’s authenticity

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it's a hoax..........

This is the kind of circus that will always follow this dude. I'm glad the Bucs didn't draft this clown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes he is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has to be a hoax…  No way would it be a hot dog bun.  Dinner roll, maybe?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Completely real.  The only hoax is JFF himself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lb and Calico. Not only are they obsessed with JFF, now they’re obsessed with his junk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5/25/2014

JFF heads to Vegas to party with Gronk and Pauly D from Jersey Shore instead of learning his playbook in Cleveland.  Has all but said he will only be in Cleveland for the games.  Didn't need to learn a playbook in college and sees no reason to start learning one now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5/25/2014

JFF heads to Vegas to party with Gronk and Pauly D from Jersey Shore instead of learning his playbook in Cleveland.  Has all but said he will only be in Cleveland for the games.  Didn't need to learn a playbook in college and sees no reason to start learning one now.

jeez, hes just a kid! Backup QBs should be able to blow off some steam.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t have a problem with his partying in Vegas for the moment, though if I was a Browns fan it wouldn’t be what I would prefer him be doing. If he wants to beat out two more experienced veterans then he needs to outwork them and he’s certainly not doing that. I imagine Hoyer is busting his butt knowing fans will be calling for his head every time he makes a mistake. I was ok with us taking him but I must say I’m glad we don’t have the circus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid he not be in the film room 24 hours a day!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5/25/2014

Link?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have a problem with his partying in Vegas for the moment, though if I was a Browns fan it wouldn't be what I would prefer him be doing. If he wants to beat out two more experienced veterans then he needs to outwork them and he's certainly not doing that. I imagine Hoyer is busting his butt knowing fans will be calling for his head every time he makes a mistake. I was ok with us taking him but I must say I'm glad we don't have the circus.

It's the point really. Who's to say that him not studying his playbook for a weekend will hurt him? We don't know. Right now it's about perception. Perception that he was tagged as the party boy unjustly. JFF has a chance at a new start with the Browns. He's been drafted and his college life is behind him. He can be anyone he wants to be and he's choosing to continue his partying instead of his journey to make all the teams that passed on him regret it. If this is true, it's a bad choice, although not a surprising one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2639825/Show-party-Johnny-Manziel-enjoys-Memorial-Day-weekend-bevy-bikini-clad-beauties-poolside-Vegas-hitting-nightclub-taking-break-Browns.htmlPerception is everything. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The amount of DB’s per picture is staggering in that link. I’m at a loss for words. Well I’m sure he’ll be fine. He’s waiting until REAL football starts. OTA’s are just like pretend. Once pre-season starts he’ll stop all that stuff and focus in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The amount of DB's per picture is staggering in that link. I'm at a loss for words. Well I'm sure he'll be fine. He's waiting until REAL football starts. OTA's are just like pretend. Once pre-season starts he'll stop all that stuff and focus in.

Manziel is gonna be VERY fun to watch, whether he flounders into failure or razzle dazzles to greatness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a JFF fan by any means, but who wouldn’t want to go hang out in Vegas with a bunch of hot chicks for a weekend? I see nothing wrong with this.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I'm not a JFF fan by any means, but who wouldn't want to go hang out in Vegas with a bunch of hot chicks for a weekend?

McCown and Glennon .They are in Tampa right now putting in work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will be judged by what he does on the field.  Not this crap.I'll be interested to see how he plays... I never really got into the tabloid stuff.  I always felt that was for the ladies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will be judged by what he does on the field.  Not this crap.I'll be interested to see how he plays... I never really got into the tabloid stuff.  I always felt that was for the ladies.

Nothing tabloid about it.  10 days after being drafted by the Browns, Manziel is throwing down in Vegas.  It's not a rumor, it's fact. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This guy was going to suck if he got drafted by Landry’s Cowboys.  Him landing in Cleveland just expedites his demise. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We know, we know…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2639825/Show-party-Johnny-Manziel-enjoys-Memorial-Day-weekend-bevy-bikini-clad-beauties-poolside-Vegas-hitting-nightclub-taking-break-Browns.htmlPerception is everything.

Damn, being Johnny Football seems like pretty sweet gig.  What a fucking rock star.  Has British tabloid rags diggin up dirt and putting his shit on blast.  The kid has amazing swagger, the way he's kept his shit together.  It's funny to me that so many people hate him for partying and shit, but they loved their old school football.  Johnny is a throwback.  Live fast and play fast.  Maybe he burns out quicker, but however long it lasts I would have liked to see it happen in Tampa.  I would not want my son looking up to him as a role model necessarily, but he's pretty cool to watch play football.  I can totally see how he scares NFL coaches/execs to death.  With the cell phone camera to internet globally in seconds.  I still think it's stupid to try and bring him to heel though.  Tell the team he is the quarterback and he is special and he doesn't play by the same rules that apply to them.  Wind him up and let him go.  I don't think he's going to be a guy who learns his craft in the shadows for a couple years and then blossoms.  He'll either get it on the fly, as the man, or it probably won't happen anyway.  I think you lose him anyway if you try to show him who's boss, but that would be the surest way to bust the pick imo.  I hope Cleveland didn't take him with the intentions of "fixing" him.  Gronk has to take some shit for this?  Right?  Partying with a rookie, and another team's QB rookie?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those who are wondering, there were about 200 NFL players in Vegas over memorial day weekend. Sensational!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For those who are wondering, there were about 200 NFL players in Vegas over memorial day weekend. Sensational!

Yup. Saw them all weekend. Heck when I used to host I recall NUMEROUS pro bowlers that came out here during their bye weeks. If you perform at a high level on the field I don't care what you do off the filed as long as it's within the rules

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of them was Johnny Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You sure you don't work for TMZ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you were to find out that a Buccaneer was in Vegas over the weekend, would you feel the same way about that player?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you were to find out that a Buccaneer was in Vegas over the weekend, would you feel the same way about that player?

Don't recall seeing any this year but knew of about 8 last year

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Don't recall seeing any this year but knew of about 8 last year

Freeturd ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last year Freeturd was probably partying in Key West.  Now that he is a Giant, that party has probably moved to Fire Island. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nah just Manziel because Johnny never answered 10lb's fanmail. And now he's grown bitter and vengeful.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Johnny was just declared backup and called out by the organization for his “Hollywood” attitude …if I was him I’d be in the film-room right now . For myself and to make a good 1st impression on my team.I get the feeling he thinks it's going to come easy,  like it has on every other level for him. He is in for a rude awakening.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Tell the team he is the quarterback and he is special and he doesn’t play by the same rules that apply to them.”Yeah, make the team resent him right from the beginning, that'll help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that Buccaneer was just drafted to be our franchise QB and that QB just came from a program where he didn't really have a playbook?? Hell yes I would.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

an unproven rookie who the team is depending on? A guy who has a history with the night life? I wouldn’t be happy as a fan. If mike evans ar ASJ were livin it up already? Its a bad look. A pro bowler who has already proven he can play in the league? I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope never saw Freeman. I do remember last year a high ranking FO guy from a Super Bowl team out here with his wife at one of the day clubs. Everyone needs an escape.

Please wait…

• jrech1

Participant

My prediction is he's going to fold quickly.

And I can't wait till he proves you doubters wrong.  Enough.  There has got to be something more important you can bring up....like the BUCS d*mnit!

I get the feeling he thinks it's going to come easy,  like it has on every other level for him. He is in for a rude awakening

You dont know anything about the guy.  Go watch some of his interviews.  He is one of the hardest working guys you'll meet.  The rude awakening is you doubters.  Let it rest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I can't wait till he proves you doubters wrong.  Enough.  There has got to be something more important you can bring up....like the BUCS d*mnit!

I get the feeling he thinks it's going to come easy,  like it has on every other level for him. He is in for a rude awakening

You dont know anything about the guy.  Go watch some of his interviews.  He is one of the hardest working guys you'll meet.  The rude awakening is you doubters.  Let it rest.

No one has ever accused him of working hard.  That's probably the number one piece of misinformation.  Dude is going to suck out loud and you'll be glad Lovie and company passed on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you deciphered how hard he works from his own interviews?The guy has had one nfl ota and figured he needed to blow off some steam...like any good ol boy from kerrville would do.  Do you guys know how hard he worked for those 2 days? Like really really hard.  And it's not like the season starts tomorrow, so he has plenty of time to keep working hard...and rewarding himself with champagne showers.

Please wait…

• jrech1

Participant

GAMETIME…wake up bro.  It was in regards to knowing the dude.  Obviously you boys dont.  All good.  Lets STFU about JFF and focus on the BUCS.  Cool?  Or would you haters like to continue to talk about someone that ISNT ON OUR ROSTER???!!!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GAMETIME...wake up bro.  It was in regards to knowing the dude.  Obviously you boys dont.  All good.  Lets STFU about JFF and focus on the BUCS.  Cool?  Or would you haters like to continue to talk about someone that ISNT ON OUR ROSTER???!!!  ::)

theres plenty of other threads devoted to the Bucs. Like it or not, manziel is polarizing. And if hes your bud i might suggest advising him to stay away from the bright lights.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

The thing is he brings it on himself . He is the one posting these pics on his instagram and making his partying a public spectacle.You can get away with a lot of partying if you do it on the down low. Just look at how long Freeman was hitting it hard before everyone found it he was a undedicated tool.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could you imagine the reaction of this board if he goes in and tears it up. Holy crap!Nuclear-explosion.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is zero chance of him tearing it up.  At most he will have 8-10 games of sort of success.  My guess is, he has a hesitant coaching staff/front office that is forced to name him the starter too soon, and he gets blown up right away.  Edges get sealed off by speed and he is forced to read defenses, Evans is in Tampa and his #1 is out for a love affair with weed.  He gets crushed by the NFL size and speed and doesn’t last the whole year injury free.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just skyped with JFF. He said it’s still really early and starting on Monday he’s going to be serious, well not Monday because his uncle is having a birthday party but probably next week at some point, well probably that next week because OTA’s are over and then there’s some time with no football so why bother studying when the test isn’t for like 3 months. But he assured me that he’s ready to prove everyone wrong, it’s just that he can’t prove anything until actual games start. He did send me some sweet videos of him throwing a football through a basketball hoop though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, the meltdown will be EPIC!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, the meltdown will be EPIC!

Count me in. If anyone but Bortles tears it up I'm going to be a bit peeved, but I'll get over it considering there will be more QBs in the future :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11011562/johnyy-manziel-very-similar-robert-griffin-iii-cleveland-browns-offensive-coordinator-kyle-shanahan-saysKyle Shanahan compares JFF to RGIII, talks about two common measurables at the QB position - Swagger and Magic. 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Kyle Shanahan compares JFF to RGIII, talks about two common measurables at the QB position – Swagger and Magic.”A true innovator would combine these measurables to create swagic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11072515/cleveland-browns-qb-brian-hoyer-ahead-johnny-manziel-depth-chart-nowHoyer securely in front.  Not good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jaworski on Manziel starting: ‘He won’t’BEREA, Ohio -- Ron Jaworski stood a few yards off the sidelines Wednesday at the Cleveland Browns practice facility as Johnny Manziel dropped back to pass. Jaworski wasn't watching reads, playcalls or scheme, just the way Manziel threw. "He's good there," Jaworski said. "He's good. His weight's on his back foot." Manziel threw a short pass inside the numbers, a pass that was too high. "I'd like to see him drive the ball more," Jaworski said. "But mechanically there he was fine. His weight was on his back foot. Compact, quick delivery. But when the ball is between the hashmarks, you have to drive it to the receiver." It's one thing for a media member to stand on the sldelines and evaluate Manziel. It's another for Jaworski. He's a former Super Bowl starter for the Philadelphia Eagles turned ESPN analyst who spends countless hours watching and evaluating coaching tape of players, especially quarterbacks. Jaworski was one of Manziel's most vocal critics before the draft, saying he wouldn't take him in the first round. But as Jaworski stood and watched Manziel throw on the second day of the Browns minicamp, he was more impressed. He saw great improvement in Manziel's fundamentals, and credited quarterback guru George Whitfield for the positive steps. But he added Manziel has a long way to go and is "far from being a polished quarterback." Asked if it's a longshot that Manziel starts against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the season opener, Jaworski was blunt. "He won't," he said. "Because of Hoyer." To Jaworski, it's "crystal clear" that Brian Hoyer is far ahead of Manziel in terms of understanding the offense and getting the play called in time. That was evident during a two-minute drill, when Manziel seemed to stammer his way through a playcall at the line. "This is quantum leap to go from college to this game," Jaworski said. "This is big boy football." And the biggest transition for Manziel is going from a college system that determines before the play is called where the ball is going to the NFL where reads, coverage and blitzes have to be addressed at the line of scrimmage. Then there is the experience factor, the learning to be a pro. Jaworski said when he played he threw 35,000 to 36,000 passes for Sid Gillman in the offseason to his teammates, just to ensure he knew the reads and progressions. By the end of summer, he would blindfold himself, make his drop and throw digs and out routes -- and complete them. In Manziel, Jaworski sees a quarterback who has improved but should "lay low" off the field. A guy who has to understand that perception can become reality and if he falters "it's like, 'oh yeah, he was at the pool.'" A guy who because of the scrutiny and focus "has to be a model citizen." And a guy who is well back of the guy with the experience. In Hoyer, Jaworski sees a guy who should have gotten a chance to play before last season."I was shocked it didn't happen sooner," Jaworski said of watching Hoyer play well for the Browns, adding: "It's noticeable when you watch the offense when he's running it or any of the other quarterbacks. He's a veteran quarterback. The machinations at the line of scrimmage, the understanding, the command, the calling of the plays -- you can tell he's a veteran quarterback." He added that he hopes Hoyer is "ticked off" at Manziel being drafted. "I think that's what Brian needs to have," Jaworski said. "'Hey, this is my team, my opportunity and I'm not letting anyone take that job.'"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11072515/cleveland-browns-qb-brian-hoyer-ahead-johnny-manziel-depth-chart-nowHoyer securely in front.  Not good.

Crazy! I read something on here about starting QB's being named in June.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

June starters have real teeth in Cleveland.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Kyle Shanahan compares JFF to RGIII, talks about two common measurables at the QB position - Swagger and Magic."A true innovator would combine these measurables to create swagic.

If the best two words to describe you QB is Swagger and Magic, you're in trouble.Swagger: walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way.Magic: the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forcesHere is how we've describe our QBs.McCown has been described as a great leader, very well prepared and an accurate passer.Glennon has been described as a high IQ, hard working and very coach-able.Yay Browns, you just had to draft JFF didn't you? See how that swagger and magic pay off against NFL defenses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

June starters have real teeth in Cleveland.

Okay. For some reason, I thought you had an agenda. Must have nothing to do with those "gazillions" you win every year.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol 10lb is a joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol 10lb is a joke.

Clearly...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All signs point to Manziel starting Week OneCongratulations, Johnny Football a/k/a Johnny Cleveland a/k/a Johnny Vegas a/k/a Johnny Padres.  Not only have you leapfrogged future Hall of Famer (not really) Tyler Thigpen but you also have narrowed the gap with Brian Hoyer.What a surprise.Just a few weeks ago, Browns G.M. Ray Farmer declared that Hoyer had a “substantial margin” over Manziel.  Now, coach Mike Pettine says Hoyer’s lead isn’t insurmountable.Or course it isn’t.  Because barring a horrendous performance from Manziel during training camp or the preseason, he’ll start Week One in Pittsburgh.His competition, after all, is Brian Hoyer.  A career backup who at one point during the 2013 offseason was unemployed and who started three games before tearing an ACL last year.  With a new coach and a new G.M., neither of whom have any loyalty to or investment in Hoyer, it makes plenty of sense that he’ll no longer be the starter.Then there’s the fact that the Browns traded up from No. 26 to No. 22 to get Manziel.  If Hoyer’s the guy, why grab Manziel?Since 2008, the presumption has become that a first-round quarterback will start right away.  Helping shift that approach may have been the 2007 Browns, who opted to go with career backup Derek Anderson instead of first-round rookie Brady Quinn after Charlie Frye was dumped following a Week One debacle.  With Anderson knowing that he’d inevitably be benched for Quinn, Anderson didn’t worry about losing the job he’d never keep.Which allowed him to play well enough to keep the job for the rest of the year.  And in turn to thrust the quarterback position deeper into the mess that it has been ever since.Like other teams in recent seasons (and possibly like several teams this year), the Browns are trying to create the impression of an actual competition, which will create the impression that the rookie has actually achieved something and which may give him genuine confidence when the real games start.Manziel, of course, doesn’t lack confidence.  But he may be lacking a few teeth when the first defense he faces after Duke in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl belongs to the Steelers.So when will the decision be made?  Probably before the point at which Manziel would be thrust into preseason action behind the No. 2 offensive line, facing a No. 2 defense full of players hoping to make a positive impression on the coach by making a significant impression on Johnny Football.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/13/all-signs-point-to-manziel-starting-week-one/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On this we agree.

Big. Red. Machine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, the quicker the decision for him to start the better.  They need to get him out of their system.  Unless there is an injury, there will be no point where JFF plays better than Hoyer but the fan base will insist on him playing and their owner will oblige.  It’s going to be a great fall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On this we agree.

Big. Red. Machine.

Greatest pic ever!  Damn funny!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

;) ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Montana hands down some sage advice he once received from Bill Walsh.  “The less people see of you the more they want to.”  Basically, dont be so accessible and stick your nose in the playbook and the film room. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns discuss extension with Brian Hoyer less than two months after drafting Johnny Manziel.

Please wait…

Viewing 107 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.