Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10767146&src=desktop

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In that article, it says a score of 20 is “average”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

24 is average for a QB. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

24 is average for a QB.

Guess that was left out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Test means very little, Dan Marino scored a 15.  But if you’re curious on you’re own score:  http://samplewonderlictest.com/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonderlic scores for every starting QB (not completely up to date anymore)Blaine Gabbert – 42Alex Smith – 40Eli Manning – 39Matt Flynn – 38Colin Kaepernick – 38Matt Stafford – 38Andrew Luck – 37Tony Romo – 37Sam Bradford – 36Christian Ponder – 35Aaron Rodgers – 35Ryan Tannehill – 34Tom Brady – 33Matt Ryan – 32Matt Schaub – 31Phillip Rivers – 30Andy Dalton – 29Nick Foles – 29, Mike Vick – 20Drew Brees – 28Kevin Kolb/ EJ Manuel – 28Peyton Manning – 28Mark Sanchez – 28Russell Wilson – 28Joe Flacco – 27Josh Freeman – 27Brandon Weeden – 27Jay Cutler – 26Carson Palmer – 26Ben Roethlisberger – 25RGIII – 24Cam Newton – 21Jake Locker – 20

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s surprising.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, if the test showed something that confirmed a , we question his smarts thing it means something. The fact that he ran the offense, not running a check with me on the sidelines thing, means I do not care what his wonderlic score is.  He has the smarts to run an offense. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, good company around 32.It's not the end-all, but it's nice to have a smart qb. It's for this reason, and his ability to do a little bit of everything, that I think manziel will do well in the nfl.It sure doesn't hurt his stock anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Manziel - QB - PlayerESPN's Mark Dominik suggested on NFL Insiders that Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel will "fall a little more than people think" in May's draft.Dominik's thoughts are particularly interesting because he was GMing in the NFL as recently as this past January, and it's probably a safe bet that he still talks to a lot of people around the league. Dominik opined that Manziel could fall as far as the late first round, and suggested the Texans trading back into the latter part of the frame to acquire him. It's no secret that Texans owner Bob McNair is a big fan of Manziel's. Houston currently drafts at Nos. 1 and 33.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Manziel or bust. This team needs a Manziel to take it to the next level. Tampa Bay Aggies

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Manziel - QB - PlayerESPN's Mark Dominik suggested on NFL Insiders that Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel will "fall a little more than people think" in May's draft.Dominik's thoughts are particularly interesting because he was GMing in the NFL as recently as this past January, and it's probably a safe bet that he still talks to a lot of people around the league. Dominik opined that Manziel could fall as far as the late first round, and suggested the Texans trading back into the latter part of the frame to acquire him. It's no secret that Texans owner Bob McNair is a big fan of Manziel's. Houston currently drafts at Nos. 1 and 33.

If the Jags don't take him I think he ends up in Tampa or Minny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t imagine the pressure of having to make these decisions

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't imagine the pressure of having to make these decisions

Naw. It's super simple for me. Nab manziel however we can and walk away from the draft a happy organization.Anything else is just a bonus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Naw. It's super simple for me. Nab manziel however we can and walk away from the draft a happy organization.Anything else is just a bonus.

That worked out well for Josh McDaniels.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he dropped to the second round. It would be funny to see people talk about trading up to the first pick in round two for Manziel when everybody thought he would go top 10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That worked out well for Josh McDaniels.

tebow scored like a 20 like Teddy. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonderlic is used in many professions, not just football. It’s a general test of inteligence vs time. While a bad score may mean your an idiot, it doesn’t mean much for football. Vince Young scored one of the worst scores ever and proceed to win NFL offensive rookie of the year. He later proved the tests value by showing how dumb he is but also proved it’s validity, or lack of, in determing how good of a football player someone is.Take home point is that Vince is dumb but also was a good football player.  Ryan Fitzpatrick is very smart but not a very good QB. So we can assume that JFF is likely smarter than Teddy. Doesn't prove who is a better QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, if the test showed something that confirmed a , we question his smarts thing it means something. The fact that he ran the offense, not running a check with me on the sidelines thing, means I do not care what his wonderlic score is.  He has the smarts to run an offense.

Pretty much sums it up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to find successful air raid offense QBs in the NFL, ‘tho…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty much sums it up.

Agreed. Manziel is going to be a good nfl qb.

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.