Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• tog

Participant

So far, this was my favorite/most useful analysis of Manziel I’d read. NFLosophy does a good job of highlighting why Manziel is so difficult to evaluate:http://nflphilosophy.com/gambling-on-a-gambler/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have watched several Texas A & M games.  They have a fair to good team.  They seem to comeback from behind towards the end of games where the other team DB’s are playing more cautiously.  I like Manziel’s heart; it’s huge.  I just don’t see the fire power when he is pressured or scrambling; a lot of his passes are what I call floaters and wobblers.  He throws great down the sidelines if it is a pass where the WR knows that it will be 20-25 yards and I have to be there.  Evans saved him quite a few times.  I think Johnny Manziel is a very good college QB; kind of like Tebow with just a little better down field passing ability, but just as bad when being pressed.  If he was available in the 2nd round I would go for it, but not the 1st round.  I just do not see him as a top 32 pick;  I know that he will go way before that, but it’s too much risk for me I don’t see that kind of value to make it worth it.  The NFL adapts much quicker to a QB’s weaknesses; that’s why drop back passing QB’s survive and last longer.  That split second extra time in the pocket is a major win for a QB that has an arm; Manziel doesn’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See he is interviewing with the Raiders. The Raiders like strong armed QB-why are are they looking at Manziel?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uncle Stan, strong armed QB’s haven’t been working for the Raiders lately so mabe they decided to go with the Manziel type.  Hey, Manziel could be successful in the NFL; so could most of the QB’s that are available.  I wouldn’t pick any of them at spot 7;  now the 2nd round would be a different story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See he is interviewing with the Raiders. The Raiders like strong armed QB-why are are they looking at Manziel?

Who says they like strong-armed QBs? Al Davis is dead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse    Good analysis        Thanks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who says they like strong-armed QBs? Al Davis is dead.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.