Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• Zach Shapiro

Keymaster

• Anonymous

Inactive

I applauded our pursuit of him, but realistically Licht should have made a STRONGER offer the Lions couldn’t have matched. As it was, I suspect we anticipated the Lions being given the opportunity to match by the arbitrator. A W for Mayhew on that one to get a pick for Johnson.   We will see how he fares as a starter; as we know from FAs we signed last year, transitioning from a PT to a starter's role is NOT necessarily that easy. I'm hopeful he can do it!  As for Lovie's admiration of Johnson from our game last season, remember who the Ts were trying to block him. As good as we like to think Dotson is, the Ravens turned him into a turnstile in their game here. This is a big reason I don't see him as a solution at LT...

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think having #67 really held him back.  I think he’s easily a 10 sack guy as #94.

• Anonymous

Inactive

….Are they really expecting six wins?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really like GJ and I think he will be exactly what we need.  I never understood why we let him get away.I think it's funny that Lovie uses George Johnsons performance against a pathetic Oline of the Buccaneers last year as a reason for trading for him.

“When George did play for an extended period of time – I think he played most of the game against us – we saw what type of football player he is,”  head coach Lovie Smith said. “George is good enough to be a starter in this league and (can) be a good starter in this league.”

• Anonymous

Inactive

I spoke with Tony Oden a few weeks ago and he had a lot of good things to say about Johnson. He loves his “fast motor”. He was sorry he was not going to be with the team. Thinks he will do well in Lovie’s defense.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.