Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Seemed like when Jones got in the game he ran angry, aggressive, with purpose… not taking anything from fournette cuz he had an impact in the receiving game but Jones set the tone and was a threat on every play he was out there… I still think with Jones healthy should be the starter with 4nette right behind him.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I could run behind this o line the way they are dominating.

Rojo + fournette is a solid lightning & thunder tho. Makes the vaugn pick a waste assuming fournette re-signs, I’d be surprised if he didn’t.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

RoJo AND Fournette together were huge for us. They’re a fantastic combo and Lefty is using them well, I’ve got to say.

• BucBit2

Participant

Rojo is better than Fournette and when healthy has a high gear that Fournette lacks

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Rojo is better than Fournette and when healthy has a high gear that Fournette lacks

I’d trust fournette over rojo personally. Fournette also the better receiver. Rojo is the better pure runner, sure. Gimme fournettes lack of fumbling & goal line presence, blocking, & receiveing over rojos.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Honestly while we continue to win, I don’t see anything to complain about in the RB situation. Glad that we didn’t NEED the rookie to perform this year, so he can marinate and hopefully mature into an NFL player for next year. Sure Fournette would like to stay, but at what price? As far as usage: a mix of both is working great, so I don’t have a problem with it. The way it worked last week was really more of a committee, so who the starter is, seems to have less relevance, though if Jones could help us avoid 3 and out on our first drive, that could be a big momentum boost.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I don’t think anyone is complaining but more of an observation… you see the difference when rojo is in and the team responds to him… again Fournette has done a really good job catching the ball but still looks like he’s running on quicksand…

• BChaves8

Participant

Fournette will get you what the O-line blocks. Rojo will always get the extra yard or two. Guy just runs hard every single time.

There was a point there in the season where I think we all thought Fournette was a waste…but hes stepped up and played well. He isnt the prototypical pass catcher, but hes all we got in that department and Brady trusts him.

Both of them are a good 1 2 punch.

• BucBit2

Participant

I’d trust fournette over rojo personally. Fournette also the better receiver. Rojo is the better pure runner, sure. Gimme fournettes lack of fumbling & goal line presence, blocking, & receiveing over rojos.

Definitely get where you’re coming from and its a tough call because neither is complete. I just think that Rojo seems on the verge of breaking it more often than Fournette, but agree his has shortcomings

• Watchman

Participant

RoJo seems to have a burst or gear that Fournette doesn’t. Both have been doing well lately and no real complaints.

I do hold my breath whenever Brady throws a pass to a RB though.

Bucs had 140-ish rush yards vs. Washington and 120-ish rush yards vs NO. No real complaints.

• buccnation

Participant

Fournette has been solid but I think RoJo deserves more touches than Fournette. He’s so much more explosive. Since the Minnesota game Fournette is averaging 3.9 ypc and Jones is averaging 5.1 ypc. There’s no debate who should be carrying the ball more.

If we want to use Fournette as the third down back then by all means but RoJo should be getting 90% of the carries. Our offense is different with Jones in the game.

I think having both in the game at the same time would be interesting.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Fournette has been solid but I think RoJo deserves more touches than Fournette. He’s so much more explosive. Since the Minnesota game Fournette is averaging 3.9 ypc and Jones is averaging 5.1 ypc. There’s no debate who should be carrying the ball more.

If we want to use Fournette as the third down back then by all means but RoJo should be getting 90% of the carries. Our offense is different with Jones in the game.

I think having both in the game at the same time would be interesting.

I totally agree here… saw a stat where it showed Fournette playing about 49 snaps out 72 where Rojo player 29… again i know we’re winning but we were winning with Rojo getting the bulk also.. I think the snaps for Rojo need to be higher that’s all

• BucBalla85

Participant

I trust Fournette a little more right now because of his receiving ability. Jones can catch too but more likely to drop a pass or fumble. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t run Jones a lot too. I love our run game and if it works this weekend could really help the team win and get back to the super bowl!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.