Viewing 100 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Josh Freeman Clearly No Longer Gives a Crap by Dan Zinski 6 min ago josh-freeman-nfl-minnesota-vikings-new-york-giants_zps98db0b8a.jpgJosh Freeman was cut Friday by the New York Giants, just six weeks after he was brought in to provide QB depth behind the injured Eli Manning. The former Vikings QB has now been outright cut twice in less than a calendar year, first by Tampa, now by the Giants, and virtually cut by the Vikings in that they made no effort to bring him back after his ill-fated stint. Freeman was not really expected to be a vital cog this year for New York, but I think most people thought he would at least have a shot to secure the #2 job behind Eli. Look at what else they have in New York. Ryan Nassib and Curtis Painter. You figured Freeman, if he pulled it together, would at least be able to give it a run. But Freeman didn’t even make it to camp. He didn’t even make it out of OTAs. He was so unimpressive, he could not even beat out Curtis Painter for the designated camp arm job. Once Eli came back and the Giants needed to dump a QB, they looked at Painter and Freeman, and kept Painter.Just how awful was Josh Freeman in his short stay in New York? He was God-awful. Look at what Jordan Raanan of NJ.com had to say about Freeman’s performance in OTAs. Painter is just another guy and Freeman appeared to be little more than the camp arm the Giants were trying to sell him as after they signed him this offseason. During one drill, Freeman lined up the offense incorrectly and the play was never run. He was immediately subbed out, with Painter taking his place.That is how mentally checked-out Freeman has become. He couldn’t even pick up the Giants offense well enough to get things lined up in an OTAs drill. That is not a physical issue, that is not a mechanical issue. That is, flat out, a guy who doesn’t give a crap. Josh Freeman had to know that he was probably on his last chance in New York. He had to realize, this was it for him. Either pull it together and make it happen, or kiss professional football goodbye. And that wasn’t enough motivation for him to even learn the basics of the Giants offense. Last year, the Vikings were willing to give Freeman a shot based on past performance and physical ability. They quickly learned that his problems are more between the ears than anything else. The Giants fiasco only confirms what the Vikings paid $2 million to discover. Josh Freeman has lost any desire to play professional football. Freeman coasted through his months with the Vikings, reportedly not showing up for meetings, not making any effort to improve. Rick Spielman made excuses for him all along the way, but that was about deflecting criticism away from himself and his coaches more than protecting Freeman. Now, Freeman is out there with no one to bat aside the criticism. He is just horrible. He is not a football player anymore, he is just a tall, athletic guy who doesn’t give a rip. Okay Josh. You got out of the game whatever money you could. You scammed the Vikings last year and you scammed the Giants out of six weeks of free meals. Time to go away now and, I don’t know, play with your Playstation or whatever you do. You are done.LINK

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s a damn shame…lol guy is such a waste…I feel bad for his parents. Dude just checked out. Shows no work ethic at all. Really is a damn shame.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idiots just gotta be idiots. Josh Gordon is trying to one-up Josh Freeman… http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11009140/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-caught-speeding-passenger-had-marijuana

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Moral of this story :Don't do drugs , kids.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So… are we going to blame Schiano for this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another wasted Buccaneers 1st round pick. Not quite the Keith McCants, Eric Curry level, but a bust nonetheless. Cost some folks their jobs for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another wasted Buccaneers 1st round pick. Not quite the Keith McCants, Eric Curry level, but a bust nonetheless. Cost some folks their jobs for sure.

I agree, but had we extended him it would have been the worst.  Imagine if he was basically the same guy today but we were on the hook for say $50m guaranteed?  Dom wasnt a good GM, but the decision to not extend him last off season was easily one of his best.  Schiano was a terrible coach, but he pushed Freeman just hard enough for his fragile self esteem to crumble...Im glad he did.  Its worth the Schiano era that got us out of a huge Freeman era potential mistake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clearly the hiring of Raheem Morris continues to resonate through the halls of One Buc Place. I am still confused by the Bucs snap decision to hire Morris. I’m further confused by the Bucs decision to trade up for Freeman. Hopefully Lovie Smith ‘s level of professionalism is exactly what the Bucs need. Although I’m not sold on having a career back-up as my starter with Glennon as my back-up. Only time and a 16 game season will tell us the answers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clearly the hiring of Raheem Morris continues to resonate through the halls of One Buc Place. I am still confused by the Bucs snap decision to hire Morris. I'm further confused by the Bucs decision to trade up for Freeman. Hopefully Lovie Smith 's level of professionalism is exactly what the Bucs need. Although I'm not sold on having a career back-up as my starter with Glennon as my back-up. Only time and a 16 game season will tell us the answers.

McCown is simply a stopgap. Hopefully, we will find our franchise guy in the next few years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clearly the hiring of Raheem Morris continues to resonate through the halls of One Buc Place. I am still confused by the Bucs snap decision to hire Morris. I'm further confused by the Bucs decision to trade up for Freeman. Hopefully Lovie Smith 's level of professionalism is exactly what the Bucs need. Although I'm not sold on having a career back-up as my starter with Glennon as my back-up. Only time and a 16 game season will tell us the answers.

I as well was bewildered at the hiring of Raheem, (which of course was no fault of his own) and the embarrassing move of trading up for Josh.  It took Coach Schiano two years to clean up the mess.  Lovie now reaps the benefits with a team that is totally disciplined, talented,  and full of good character.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pushing Freeman as Vikings QB too early hurt FrazierLeslie Frazier did everything he could to sell players on his gamble, despite signs Josh Freeman wasn't ready to play less than two weeks after signing with the Minnesota Vikings in October."You could tell Josh did not know the offense," said one of several Vikings players who spoke to USA TODAY Sports about the situation Tuesday. The players spoke on the condition of anonymity, because they weren't supposed to discuss team business publicly."Practices did not really go that well that week. But Coach Frazier was in the team meetings like, 'Oh, I think this is the best week of practice we've had all year.' And everyone's like, what? What are you talking about?"Maybe Frazier felt pressure to play the talented quarterback general manager Rick Spielman had just given a $2 million contract for what amounted to a 12-week tryout. Or maybe Frazier was trying to convince himself he'd get a spark at the only position that could provide it.To players, the decision was a show of desperation from a well-liked coach who was fired Monday with one year left on his contract, leaving Frazier's successor to work with Spielman and try to fix a desperate situation at the NFL's most important position."Debacle," a second player said of the Vikings' quarterback situation this season. "When they started Josh in that Giants game, we were as confused as anybody."It wasn't the only reason the Vikings dismissed Frazier, a defensive-minded coach whose defense flopped repeatedly in the season's early stages, costing them a chance to win the wide-open NFC North for the first time since Brett Favre retired.But it's a quarterback-driven league, and that position was Frazier's undoing at multiple turns, from his push to trade for washed-up Donovan McNabb after the 2011 lockout to seemingly arbitrary switches this season from Christian Ponder to Matt Cassel to Freeman and back again."I haven't got it right yet," said Spielman, who used the No. 12 overall pick on Ponder in 2011 and signed Cassel in March. "We've worked as hard as we could to try to get that right."That's why Spielman took a chance on Freeman, who has all the physical tools but was cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in October after a public feud with then-coach Greg Schiano – and didn't exactly establish himself as a leader with his new Vikings teammates.Four people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports that Freeman was late for numerous meetings in his roughly three months with the Vikings. A third player said Freeman often was among the last players to the facility.One of Freeman's agents, Erik Burkhardt, said "anything about meetings or missing anything is false," and the only issue was Freeman played too soon.Either way, Frazier couldn't go back once Freeman was healthy, particularly because the consensus in the locker room was Cassel should have kept the job after he led the Vikings to their first win over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 29, three weeks before Freeman's debut."I feel bad for Josh getting thrown in so quickly," the first player said.Freeman bombed against the New York Giants on national television Oct. 21, completing 20 of 53 passes for 190 yards with an interception in a 23-7 loss, then reported concussion symptoms the next day and never played again.Ponder and Cassel split starts on the way to a 5-10-1 finish, and Frazier was ousted with several other NFL coaches – Schiano, Gary Kubiak in Houston, Mike Shanahan in Washington – whose QB changes were part of their undoing.No position is harder to fill, which is why the Vikings were willing look past the flags on Freeman in the first place. He can become a free agent again in March after collecting more than $10.4 million for his four starts with two teams in 2013.Cassel can void the remaining year of his deal in February. Only Ponder is under team control for 2014, and he may not return either, depending who replaces Frazier and how quickly Spielman chooses to move on in what's probably his last chance to find the answer, too."Every team is always going to be looking for that franchise quarterback until you actually get one," Spielman said, "and you're going to continually grind away until you finally hit on one."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s just sad. Here’s a guy with the world by the tail and endless opportunities in front of him if he just puts in the work. But he chooses to throw it all away instead. Just sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I as well was bewildered at the hiring of Raheem, (which of course was no fault of his own) and the embarrassing move of trading up for Josh.  It took Coach Schiano two years to clean up the mess.  Lovie now reaps the benefits with a team that is totally disciplined, talented,  and full of good character.

Totally agree. Schiano had good intentions but a bad gameplan. His brash approach never connected with the fan base and that was his demise. Let's hope Lovie has learned his lesson from his failure in Chicago

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice to see a national writer actually hold Freeman to task. I swear that 90% of the articles you read to this day reference Freeman “being throw to the wolves” by the Vikings, and “falling out of favor” with Schiano; nothing about his responsibility for being a total dumpster fire. I’m glad he’s going out this way… it’s the least he deserves for torpedoing this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice to see a national writer actually hold Freeman to task. I swear that 90% of the articles you read to this day reference Freeman "being throw to the wolves" by the Vikings, and "falling out of favor" with Schiano; nothing about his responsibility for being a total dumpster fire. I'm glad he's going out this way... it's the least he deserves for torpedoing this team.

Son.. Greggy pooh was the one that torpedoed this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman had no business playing in the Giants game, it just reeked of desperation by Frazier. However, the elite level of crappy play that he hit in that game really is inexcuseable. He was a joooooke. I was actually not quite ready to bench Freeman for Glennon after week 3, but hey... I was wrong. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spot on. Agree, Freeturd just needs to go away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao, did two people just give credit to Schiano for cleaning up the team, leaving Lovie in a good spot, and pass the buck to freeman for torpedoing the team last year? Wtf?Schiano sent some less than professional guys sent packing, but Lovie and staff still overhauled the team. Schiano was a special kind of suck that is still laughed at throughout the nfl due to how little he was actually capable of coaching in the nfl.  We are talking about a guy who's coaching record was 11-21 with a team way more talented than his predecessor who had a record of  17-31 with a completely gutted roster. His predecessor who had no head coaching experience who achieved a 10 win season with a crap roster.Freeman went from next big thing to being out of the league in just a few short years. Schiano went from barely being successful in the big east to being one of the worst, if not the worst coaches in franchise history. He has the worst winning percentage of all the coaches. Worse than Morris. That says a ton. How did a supposedly better coach with a much better roster have a worse winning percentage than a guy who's never held the title of hc and had dick for a roster

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s with all the necro threads? Freeman is gone and may be out of the league all together. So someone can say I told you so after the fact? Grow up. We’ve all held opinions of players only to see the fail or rise up and prove us wrong. We’ve all been dead on about players as well. Good job, you had an opinion or prediction validated and it was recorded on the internet. Eat a fucking cookie and get over it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, when he runs out of coin, he will get a 6 figure book deal.  It will be interesting to read what the hell he had going on, in his years in Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idiots just gotta be idiots. Josh Gordon is trying to one-up Josh Freeman... http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11009140/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-caught-speeding-passenger-had-marijuana

Big difference though. Gordon actually has huge talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, when he runs out of coin, he will get a 6 figure book deal.  It will be interesting to read what the hell he had going on, in his years in Tampa.

Pfft. 6 figure book deal? By then, no one will care. At all. He'll be doing card shows.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

This statement is so accurate...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pfft. 6 figure book deal? By then, no one will care. At all. He'll be doing card shows.

People love trainwrecks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While reading this I kept feeling worse for Schiano. Best of luck to ya' Freeman

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this is going to end very sadly for Josh. Hopefully he gets his life straight

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same here, diablo. I hope he gets his life straight. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice to see a national writer actually hold Freeman to task. I swear that 90% of the articles you read to this day reference Freeman "being throw to the wolves" by the Vikings, and "falling out of favor" with Schiano; nothing about his responsibility for being a total dumpster fire. I'm glad he's going out this way... it's the least he deserves for torpedoing this team.

I believe Freeman would of ended up in the same place he is now, no matter who was HC last season.  He seemed to be headed down a path of self destruction that NO ONE could save him from.Just my $0.02

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, people are still defending Schiano and blaming Freeman for his failure? Let it go, the dude was an embarrassment of a Head Coach and sucked regardless of the Freeman situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, people are still defending Schiano and blaming Freeman for his failure? Let it go, the dude was an embarrassment of a Head Coach and sucked regardless of the Freeman situation.

They were both major miscues, but it happens in the NFL, time to move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And Freeman was a joke. Your point?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My point is people shouldn't use Freeman as an excuse for last year's disaster and Schiano getting fired. Schiano got fired because his schemes sucked, he was awful with game management and was too stubborn. Freeman is a joke now, everyone knows that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They were both major miscues, but it happens in the NFL, time to move on.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My point is people shouldn't use Freeman as an excuse for last year's disaster and Schiano getting fired. Schiano got fired because his schemes sucked, he was awful with game management and was too stubborn. Freeman is a joke now, everyone knows that.

Schiano = suckFreeman = suck

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep.And some people are trying to blame Schiano's suckage all on Freeman which I'm saying is incorrect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And some people are trying to blame Schiano's suckage all on Freeman which I'm saying is incorrect.

i must've missed that. I think we all know Schiano's suckage stands on its own merit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And some people are trying to blame Schiano's suckage all on Freeman which I'm saying is incorrect.

i must've missed that. I think we all know Schiano's suckage stands on its own merit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano didn’t need any help with his suckage. And neither did Josh The Pez-Dispenser.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep.And some people are trying to blame Schiano's suckage all on Freeman which I'm saying is incorrect.

Who is saying that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is simply a stopgap. Hopefully, we will find our franchise guy in the next few years.

We have been sayin that now, for how many years?  I hope you are correct. A lot can happen between now and the 2015 draft. McCown will be 35 going into the season. Even if he has a good season, he may not be back. And I think by next offseason they will know if Glennon is in their plans or not. And they will have a better handle on Mr Trickshot, to know if they want to invest any more time with him. So, if those 3 are not options, they have the draft and free agency. I think they would have to have a pretty bad season to be in the running for Famous Jaemus or Mariota. So, that would leave free agency. There are quite a few QB's scheduled to be available after the 2014 season.  But that list will get knocked down a bit when teams sign some of them to new contracts.Alex Smith    There are rumors out there he is looking for Peyton/Brady type money. The Cheifs won't pay him that. Vick              OldKaepernick    No way the Niners let him go.Matt MooreGabbertLockerDalton          They have a nice team, great defense. But Marvin may want to upgrade at QB to get them over the hump.HoyerMallett          With Brady getting close to the rocking chair, you would think he would be in their plans. But Belichick is shopping him.Pryor            I thought he looked pretty good with the Raiders, but they traded him to the Seahawks for a bag of chips.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel bad for the guy. He’s made like $30 million in his lifetime so far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel bad for the guy. He's made like $30 million in his lifetime so far.

According to Sports Illustrated, approximately two years after retirement, the percent of NFL players bankrupt or financially stressed is a whopping 78 percent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to Sports Illustrated, approximately two years after retirement, the percent of NFL players bankrupt or financially stressed is a whopping 78 percent.

According to the latest net worth on Freeman he has about $15 million left right now. Not bad considering taxes on $30 million.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

According to the latest net worth on Freeman he has about $15 million left right now. Not bad considering taxes on $30 million.

Would've been 100M if he didn't pick partying over football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not all about the money for some people. I'd be done with $15 million in the bank. I'm not here to make enough to support my grand kids. They can fend for themselves!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

can’t wait for Big Dog to run more spin zone this afternoon about how Josh is still a great QB who was ruined by Schiano

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not all about the money for some people. I'd be done with $15 million in the bank. I'm not here to make enough to support my grand kids. They can fend for themselves!

I guess. Me, I would've kept it together for one more year to get the big pay day. You'd be surprised how fast you can blow through 15M when you're only 26 and your brain is fried. He's no Jason Elam.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe Freeman would of ended up in the same place he is now, no matter who was HC last season.  He seemed to be headed down a path of self destruction that NO ONE could save him from.Just my $0.02

It seemed to all go down hill after cutting the web of his thumb shooting a pistol. Got to wonder if there is more to that story than anyone knows.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano deserved to be fired on his own merit but I have to feel for him a little.  Imagine knowing that Freeman has totally stopped caring and yet management insists that you must start the season with him.  And then comes opening day and he misses the breakfast and is only found 1 hour before the game.  And then you have to keep your mouth shut when the whole town believes that YOU ruined HIM.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Schiano went the extra step and even covered for him. Schiano deserved to be fired, no one promises you a fair shot in the NFL. But he didn’t deserve the treatment he got from Tampa’s dumber fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano went the extra step and even covered for him. Schiano deserved to be fired, no one promises you a fair shot in the NFL. But he didn't deserve the treatment he got from Tampa's dumber fans.

true

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano deserved to be fired on his own merit but I have to feel for him a little.  Imagine knowing that Freeman has totally stopped caring and yet management insists that you must start the season with him.  And then comes opening day and he misses the breakfast and is only found 1 hour before the game.  And then you have to keep your mouth shut when the whole town believes that YOU ruined HIM.

Has anyone confirmed that story is true?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's been in a few stories including at least a general mention in this from Pewter Report: Fab 5 11/8The Sudden Quarterback SwitchIt has been previously suggested by PewterReport.com and others that former starting quarterback Josh Freeman was run out of town by Schiano, who was never really on board with the former Kansas State star. But sources tell PewterReport.com that Schiano and his assistants actually gave Freeman, who is in a contract year, multiple opportunities in the offseason, during training camp and at the start of the regular season to solidify himself as Tampa Bay’s quarterback for the long haul.Instead of focusing hard on having a successful season, Freeman apparently missed a slew of meetings from the voluntary ones during the OTAs (organized team activities) to mandatory meetings, including the team photo, and then missed the mandatory team meal prior to the season opener against the Jets. Freeman nearly missed the bus to the Jets game, and that, combined with a preseason in which he didn’t complete more than 47 percent of his passes, led to a disastrous 0-3 start for the quarterback and the team.As it turns out, Glennon was given more reps in the preseason for a reason. PewterReport.com has learned that the team was worried about Freeman for a multitude of reasons, and anticipated having to make a switch at some point during the season. When two prominent offensive players went to the Bucs’ brass after the 23-3 loss and New England and demanded a quarterback change due to Freeman’s inaccuracy, the team finally pulled the trigger and made the switch to Glennon.The quarterback switch speaks volumes, as Bucs general manager Mark Dominik, who was Freeman’s biggest ally in the building as the QB was his first-ever draft pick in 2009 when he took over for Bruce Allen, was fully on board with not only benching the quarterback, but also cutting him. Starting a rookie quarterback, especially one drafted in the third round, in Week 4 of the season, is never ideal for a head coach, especially one like Schiano, who is feeling the heat.As it turns out, Schiano made the right move in benching and parting ways with Freeman and starting Glennon. The fact that the rookie has started off completing 60.3 percent of his passes for 1,165 yards with eight touchdowns and only three interceptions and is poised to break all of Freeman’s franchise records for rookie quarterbacks could help Schiano buy more time in the eyes of the Glazers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stroud:"Since the start of the season, the Bucs fined Freeman more than $30,000 for various infractions, including missing the team breakfast and being late to the bus in the season opener against the Jets at the Meadowlands on Sept. 8. An unauthorized interview on ESPN aired Sunday and earned Freeman a fine of about $10,000."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He missed the team breakfast and team bus. He didn’t go missing when he actually got to the stadium though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And all of this in a contract year where he could have had an enormous payday.  People seem to forget his last year under Rah was really bad and helped him get fired.  Then he threw for over 4,000 yards his first year under Schiano.  Something is wrong and I believe he needs some serious help before something bad happens to him.  I like the kid and hopes he finds his way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are people actually defending Ruters? The guy needed to be canned period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are people actually defending Ruters? The guy needed to be canned period.

I don't think so.  I know I said in a previous post that Schiano had to go.  IMO he was a bad football coach but a decent stand up guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano went the extra step and even covered for him. Schiano deserved to be fired, no one promises you a fair shot in the NFL. But he didn't deserve the treatment he got from Tampa's dumber fans.

No one forced Schiano to use his garbage schemes, awful game management and to be so stubborn. Schiano was hated on by so many Bucs fans because he was wasting talent and couldn't win games. The Freeman crap may have added fuel to the fire, but it was not the reason people were so against him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed on all levels...Schiano hitched his wagon to Freebase...all we heard in the preseason that year was: "We are going to go as far as #5 takes us". Schaino failed to have an exit plan and that along with his piss poor gameday management sank his ship

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano hitched his wagon to Freebase...

He went 4-9 with his hand picked QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And 1-8 in the last 9 games he had the human pez-dispenser.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't been on this board for a long time so I have to ask:  You don't seriously believe that given Freeman's documented adventures and  freefall last year with the Bucs, his failure to even be the second team QB with the Vikes and his inability to even make it to training camp with the Giants, that he somehow should still be starting in the NFL?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed on all levels...Schiano hitched his wagon to Freebase...all we heard in the preseason that year was: "We are going to go as far as #5 takes us". Schaino failed to have an exit plan and that along with his piss poor gameday management sank his ship

Schiano had an exit plan. It just didn't work. Finding a QB is hard. Lots of coaches better than Schiano have been done in for the same reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which was 4 wins more than Freebase produced...and he was a 4 year starter in this league...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which was 4 wins more than Freebase produced...and he was a 4 year starter in this league...

Actually David cost us the win in week 1.. and weren't you one of the folks who though Schiano should still be employed here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is that Freeman's fault? He completed a lot more passes than Favre, Unitas, Montana, Young or Dilfer did last year. He even threw more touchdowns than Brad Johnson or Vinny. You're just ignoring the facts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven't been on this board for a long time so I have to ask:  You don't seriously believe that given Freeman's documented adventures and  freefall last year with the Bucs, his failure to even be the second team QB with the Vikes and his inability to even make it to training camp with the Giants, that he somehow should still be starting in the NFL?

No. I've been saying for the last 7-8 months he needs rehab, a new agent and maybe even a 24/7 handler like Josh Hamilton had. Being the backup on a good team was the right spot for him, except he's still not clean, obviously.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano didn't hitch his wagon to Freeman. He actually had a better record with Freeman than he did with his hand picked QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano didn't hitch his wagon to Freeman. He actually had a better record with Freeman than he did with his hand picked QB.

Yeah, Freeman's 46% winning average under Schiano was definitely reason to keep him around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, Freeman's 46% winning average under Schiano was definitely reason to keep him around.

Freeman's winning % under Schiano was 36.8%. Glennon's was 30.8%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman's winning % under Schiano was 36.8%. Glennon's was 30.8%.

Just a typo, I meant 36%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am just happy all of this is over

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman joins #CaveManGang will be the next headline

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope.The next headline will read, "ex buc freeman arrested for possession of narcotics."..just being real.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope.The next headline will read, "ex buc freeman arrested for possession of narcotics."..just being real.

He and Jamarcus can share purple drank recipes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. I've been saying for the last 7-8 months he needs rehab, a new agent and maybe even a 24/7 handler like Josh Hamilton had. Being the backup on a good team was the right spot for him, except he's still not clean, obviously.

Josh Hamilton is a generational-type talent. Those types of players get handlers paid for by the team. Josh Freeman is NOT Josh Hamilton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seemed to all go down hill after cutting the web of his thumb shooting a pistol. Got to wonder if there is more to that story than anyone knows.

Interesting theory.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting theory.

I don't think that would stop him from learning the Giants playbook.Look at his eyes. Wide eyed, blank stare. He needs to get off the meds and get help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Josh Freeman Clearly No Longer Gives a Crap”No longer?

Please wait…

• Bucfan7

Participant

This whole thing was just really bizarre.You go from a guy with all the tools and a measure of success to falling directly off the table. I can't recall a similar circumstance, at least not with a quarterback. Joe Gilliam? (I'm old.) And I don't think Gilliam was as talented as this guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This whole thing was just really bizarre.You go from a guy with all the tools and a measure of success to falling directly off the table. I can't recall a similar circumstance, at least not with a quarterback. Joe Gilliam? (I'm old.) And I don't think Gilliam was as talented as this guy.

Aaron Sears. Not a QB but he was a very talented OL who went off the deep end, fast. Mental issues.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Josh Freeman Clearly No Longer Gives a Crap"No longer?

lol, good one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jesus, neither do I.Next subject please?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jesus, neither do I.Next subject please?

Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Tebow joins a team before Freeman does. He is very toxic right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He and Jamarcus can share purple drank recipes.

dat lean, or sizzerp

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

"Dat some fire ass lean."  - Trayvon

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

"Dat some fire ass lean."  - Trayvon

Maybe Free is shackin' up with Rachel Jeantel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see there is another DJ/Ill/Java moronic clone…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look at his eyes. Wide eyed, blank stare. He needs to get off the meds and get help.

If that was the cause, wouldn't he have been suspended for long stretches? The NFL has the toughest drug policy of all the major sports. Look at Josh Gordon for example. He failed a 2nd drug test for the hooch, and is gone for a whole season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look at his eyes. Wide eyed, blank stare. He needs to get off the meds and get help.

If that was the cause, wouldn't he have been suspended for long stretches? The NFL has the toughest drug policy of all the major sports. Look at Josh Gordon for example. He failed a 2nd drug test for the hooch, and is gone for a whole season.

Anyone with any experience with drugs and drug users can see that guy has a substance abuse problem (prescribed or otherwise). It'll come out.Guys like Gordon and Tanard get busted for weed more b/c is stays in your system for up to 30 days. Pills and other drugs can be clear in a day or two. Much harder to detect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its only "one of the toughest" if you fail once.  Once you get put in the "program" then you are correct.  Anyone getting popped for weed is a moron.  They know when it is coming and can cycle off and ride their system of it and then go back to puffing for the entire season if they so choose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone with any experience with drugs and drug users can see that guy has a substance abuse problem (prescribed or otherwise). It'll come out.Guys like Gordon and Tanard get busted for weed more b/c is stays in your system for up to 30 days. Pills and other drugs can be clear in a day or two. Much harder to detect.

Fair points.  But when fans say he is the biggest doper the league has every seen, and he was just lucky enough to evade drug testing, I am not buying it. No one is that lucky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Say what you will about Schiano. I won't be the one to sit and defend him and his staff.But Freeman's utter and complete meltdown - apparently off the field as well as one - for all of us to see had almost nothing to do with Schiano. Unfortunately some peoples' blind hatred of Schiano keeps them from seeing what Freeman is: a trainwreck of a man that did everything in his/his agent's power to destroy this team. There was some debate that the team was in the wrong, but when he went to Minnesota and played like caca with crack head eyes glaring for a national audience to see that made it pretty clear. His meltdown was swift, and my argument is people outside of Tampa (well, those of us paying attention) are finally starting to see the man doesn't deserve sympathy unless it's proven he has a medical condition that brought this on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Say what you will about Schiano. I won't be the one to sit and defend him and his staff.But Freeman's utter and complete meltdown - apparently off the field as well as one - for all of us to see had almost nothing to do with Schiano. Unfortunately some peoples' blind hatred of Schiano keeps them from seeing what Freeman is: a trainwreck of a man that did everything in his/his agent's power to destroy this team. There was some debate that the team was in the wrong, but when he went to Minnesota and played like caca with crack head eyes glaring for a national audience to see that made it pretty clear. His meltdown was swift, and my argument is people outside of Tampa (well, those of us paying attention) are finally starting to see the man doesn't deserve sympathy unless it's proven he has a medical condition that brought this on.

I wouldnt say Schiano had nothing to do with it.  He pushed Freeman instead of being his "boy" like Raheem.  Freeman...lets just say...didnt respond well.  So, it is a case of Freeman being a train wreck waiting to happen, and ol Greggy pushed him to that point.I am really glad he did.  Otherwise we might have $60M in guaranteed money wrapped up in a ticking time bomb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Truth

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Truth

Truth +2

Please wait…

Viewing 100 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.