Josh Jones should still be a consideration, Wirfs to RG

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    MiltonMack21
    Participant

Having to draft a tackle to replace the tackle you drafted in the top 15 is a Jason Licht thing to do.

+1
    Rating: -9. From 11 votes.
    Please wait...

BucsBay
    Participant

I like Josh Jones a lot and if he somehow makes it to us, I think he’d be a great pick. A RB or Safety would better address needs though. If he is the pick, I’d still start Wirfs at RT. Cam Jordan is the one guy we have to be able to contain, and I’d trust Wirfs more than Jones to do so.

+3
    Rating: +3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by BucsBay.
    X
    Spectator

Down with it.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    harrybucman
    Participant

I’d suggest, get you RB in round 2 and then Damian Lewis, OG LSU in the 3rd.

Rating: -2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Spectator

I’d suggest, get you RB in round 2 and then Damian Lewis, OG LSU in the 3rd.

Rating: -2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

I think Lewis will be gone by our 3rd round pick.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    X
    Spectator

Safety, RB, 3rd wideout, or guard is fine by me. If Gross-Matos is there give him a hard look. Lots of options.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    Ft Myers Buc Fan
    Participant

I could easily see the Bengals taking Jones with the first pick of the 2nd round

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    TBayXXXVII
    Participant

Not opposed to getting another OL, if the player is worth the pick. I’ve heard that Jones is a good prospect, so if that’s the case, then I’m on board as well. No downside to trying to solidify the offensive line.

+3
    Please wait...
    GameTime
    Participant

Bucs have other areas of need but , if they were to draft a ot/g, Cameron Clark would be my guy.

They cant forget about dl and backers,old in those areas,and you hope jpp,shaq,suh bring same production as last year,I doubt they will though.

+2
    Rating: -3. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by Pennywise.

Draft Clark in the 5th? Jones in the 2nd. Shaq quarterman, deejay Dallas late. Leaves the 3rd for best RB (akers,moss) or simply bpa anywhere.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    Natural Selection
    Participant

I hope Jones is one of a few potential tackles they consider if available at 45. Robert Hunt may well end up at guard and has played there. Looks very similar to Cody Ford who people were disappointed to miss last draft. A guy who could very well start at guard but has the potential to play both on the NFL level. Ezra Cleveland is more of a pure tackle prospect, but another I’d strongly consider if available.

G/T, edge, DE, and safety all have excellent prospects still on the board at value/need positions for me. I could also see the utility in taking a premier wr prospect. I think there’s a good crop of strictly interior oline and would ideally grab a defender at 45 and address that in the 3rd.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

I definitely would consider Jones at 45. Would be a very good young promising OL for Brady. Having depth at OL is something this team has never had.

+3
    Please wait...
    ratiffshabang
    Participant

We drafted Wirfs to be our day 1 RT, Jones is not ready to start at OT for a team trying to protect a 43 yo Brady and is going for it all this season. Jones has talent but needs technique work, otherwise Miami wouldve taken him instead of Jackson. Wirfs is a powerful technician that the Bucs were drooling over when he was still available at 13.

+4
    Rating: +4. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

All in for Jones in the 2nd, 2 bookend tackles would allow us to easily move on from smith at LT next offseason, doubt jones is there but i also didnt think he’d get out of the first so who knows

+3
    Please wait...
    The Freeman
    Participant

would like Josh Jones but no way BA and Licht select another OT on Day 2, they’re in win now mode!
    Licht prefer wasting 5th round pick on udfa OL project (Pamphile, Benenoch, Edwards).
    best bet: Ben Bartch on Day 3!

should be RB (D’Andre Swift, Jonathan Taylor, J.K. Dobbins, Cam Akers, Zack Moss), WR (Denzel Mims, K.J. Hamler, Michael Pittman Jr), Dline (Ross Blacklock, Justin Madubuike, Neville Gallimore, Marlon Davidson), edge rusher (Zack Baun, Josh Uche, Bradlee Anae) or Safety (Ashtyn Davis, Antoine Winfield Jr, Jeremy Chinn)…

would prefer to trade down for more picks!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by The Freeman.
    Team Pteranodon
    Participant

Yeah I mentioned something similar to this with the inclusion of Cleveland, but with the thought of Wirfs staying at RT. I do prefer this to drafting a RB since I don’t have much reason to think this is going to be anything but a passing offense, and more linemen help both phases anyways….rb can be later.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.