Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

I have a feeling that the Pats might part ways with Edelman. Would you take Edelman over Brown?

• mjs020294

Participant

I would take AB but if he leaves Edelman would be a good addition.

• BucsSavant

Participant

AB is 10 times the receiver Edelman is, especially at this point. I believe getting AB back would be a huge boost, but if unable to, I would stay pat with what we have. Would hate to see Edelman take snaps away from Tyler Johnson’s development. I would take white in terms of ex Patriots, other than that I’m ok

• BucBalla85

Participant

Ab for sure. Edelman might take vet min to play with his boy though. Wouldn’t shock me if both were added or white.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Tyler Johnson over Edleman…

AB I can’t decide on… why isn’t he signed yet? Are his demands too high?

• Beavis

Participant

Even though its worked out so far with Brady and Gronk I dont want the Bucs to turn into the destination for all former Patriots players.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

A lot of FAs aren’t signed yet.

Bucs are the team to come to.

Perhaps some FAs are waiting for tampa to clear some space.

We aren’t nearly done yet.

Suh hopefully.

1 more WR(brown, edelman,Fitzgerald?)

2 RBs(White, mack, fournette, draft)

Still need another edge/idl.

• kenntak

Participant

One nice thing about Edelman is that he can throw, and that provides for some interesting trick plays. AB is more explosive, but can he go another year with no issues?

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by kenntak.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

AB is very close to Brady.

At NE, AB lived with Brady.

During a game, you can often see AB close to Brady.

It seems like Brady understands AB and has a settling influence on AB

So yes, I think AB would play well and be emotionally steady

in another year with Brady.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• Swash

Participant

Mad WR’s on the market. Edelman doesn’t crack the top 10 available.

• tiapanda

Participant

Let’s see. Would I take the guy who’s had the most dropped passes in the NFL since 2018 over Antonio Brown? No. Tyler Johnson? Not even close.

• Darktanian

Participant

Julian Edelman is a league leader…

IN DROPPED PASSES!

He also get little to no separation.

He’s not worth the league minimum at this point. AB is by far a better option.

• Roy

Participant

I’d like to see the Bucs get Willie Snead.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

This team already has its own version of Edelman in Scotty Miller

• BucsSavant

Participant

Edelman and Scotty Miller have completely opposite playing styles. The only similarity they have is being diminutive and Caucasian. Lazy comparison at best, racist at worst.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

That’s where you’re wrong. The only difference between the two is Miller has much better speed.

• BucsSavant

Participant

They literally play nothing alike. Miller is more or less a straight burner, desean Jackson type. He offers nothing working quick routes over the middle in the slot, which Edelman has made a career of. Diametrically opposed styles. Clearly you don’t understand the game at even a cursory level.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I like our receivers even without Brown. Brown is like a luxury at this point and so would Edelman. Evans and Godwin will need a lot of attention and then you still have Miller, Gronk, OJ, Tyler Johnson, Brate and whoever pass catching rb we have. Offense will be good regardless of whoever else we add. I do think we will add a couple other weapons on the cheap that we will be excited about in this offense. Could be Brown and white from the pats but if it’s someone else I think we will still be excited about it. We still haven’t added the guy who is trying to win a super bowl and we will add a guy or two like that.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

That’s where you’re wrong. The only difference between the two is Miller has much better speed.

They aren’t even remotely similar.

Bizarre comparison.

• PatsfanrootingforBucs

Participant

I love what Julian did for my Pats, especially having never played the position before he came to NE. However, for all the reasons already mentioned, it’s a NO on Edelman. Only good scenario I see for him go to the Bucs is at trade deadline if the Bucs have injuries at the wr position.

• RCKP

Participant

Edelman and Scotty Miller have completely opposite playing styles. The only similarity they have is being diminutive and Caucasian. Lazy comparison at best, racist at worst.

LOL, I was wondering if someone would respond to that.

• cb

Participant

something some of you are missing should we not retain ab.

1. edelman gets open immediatley on virtually every play and thus has been brady’s #1 target in the clutch (and on virtually every down he wants to).
        2. edelman and brady share a brain and brady will virtually always know where he will be before he gets there in every scenario.

ab is better than edelman yes and I hope we keep him. he’s learning to be open and available when brady needs him (more than any other receiver on the squad). i hope we retain ab.

if the pats let edelman go, i think there’s a chance we pick him up (whether we have ab or not. brady may make it so) and the bucs will be better for it.

if we lose ab, we should pick up edelman even if we have to trade for him. he wont get open as far downfield as ab as often, but he will be there for brady when no one is open and brady needs to get rid of the ball or get smashed.

• cb

Participant

I like our receivers even without Brown. Brown is like a luxury at this point and so would Edelman. Evans and Godwin will need a lot of attention and then you still have Miller, Gronk, OJ, Tyler Johnson, Brate and whoever pass catching rb we have. Offense will be good regardless of whoever else we add. I do think we will add a couple other weapons on the cheap that we will be excited about in this offense. Could be Brown and white from the pats but if it’s someone else I think we will still be excited about it. We still haven’t added the guy who is trying to win a super bowl and we will add a guy or two like that.

ab and edelman have the change of direction and ability to read a defense in the same way brady does, and can get open within a few seconds on virtually every down (to be the emergency outlet) that the rest of our receivers do not.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by cb.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.