Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Says he wants out of Atlanta. Any way he could fit into this scheme and if so, what would you be willing to give up?

I see some people wanting to let Chris Godwin walk. Perhaps a Godwin for Jones straight up trade?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Pass

• Kermit56

Participant

Pass. I definitely wouldn’t give up Godwin for him.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No.

Atl will trade him to the AFC anyway.

I think he ends up in NE myself.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Please anyone but the Chiefs

• Roy

Participant

I’ll be very happy he’s not in our division anymore.

I’m trying to see what team might want to take him on. I’m going to say the Steelers. They would have to do a little finagling with their cap. They have the 12th most cap space. But they have a limited time frame with Big Ben, and bringing in Jones would put Ju Ju Smith Schuster back to a #2 WR where he thrived. So I could see how the Steelers would be motivated to get Jones.

• creamsicles

Participant

They should trade him to the Pack (who may be motivated buyers) for young talent.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Good riddance! Tons of respect for the guy. One of the best WR in the league still.

Don’t want him going to the Pack, 9’ers or Washington. Or the Chiefs of course but that didn’t even cross my mind as a possibility.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

They should trade him to the Pack (who may be motivated buyers) for young talent.

This has Packers written all over it assuming Atlanta would send him within the conference. There’s not chance Atlanta is competitive enough to get burned by Julio in the playoffs so I could see them doing it. What AFC team has the desperation Green Bay does? Maybe Baltimore? He’d be wild on the Bills, maybe?

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

double post

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

This has Packers written all over it assuming Atlanta would send him within the conference. There’s not chance Atlanta is competitive enough to get burned by Julio in the playoffs so I could see them doing it. What AFC team has the desperation Green Bay does? Maybe Baltimore? He’d be wild on the Bills, maybe?

Aaron Rodgers didn’t show up to OTAs. It seems like he is not going to play for the Packers this season. Jones won’t be a Packer, that is for sure. Who really cares where he goes. He isn’t the same player he once was. He won’t put a team over the top.

• TCB2W!

Participant

There are 8 teams that can put him on their roster immediately: Jags, Broncos, Bengals, Browns, WFT, Lions, and Panthers. There are an additional 3 teams that only need to free up 5 million or less to get him on the team: Pats, Cardinals, and Fins. How many of them have signed their draft class? No idea.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Mah sources telling me Julio is pissed about his call with Shannon Sharpe. Or at the very least his agent is.

He didnt know he was on the air lmao.

My buddys gfs sister has a copy of the statement hes about to release. She works for the company his agent is a part of.

Stay tuned!!

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Mah sources!!

lol

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• theknees

Participant

Doesn’t hurt Atlanta much at all if he’s not there. Pitts is as other wordly as Jones and I don’t think Pitts will be afraid of the endzone like Julio.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Godwin is going to get paid. The Bucs are not letting him go. Julio Jones isn’t even worth a first round pick at this point. Plenty of better WR available every draft now.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Aaron Rodgers didn’t show up to OTAs. It seems like he is not going to play for the Packers this season. Jones won’t be a Packer, that is for sure. Who really cares where he goes. He isn’t the same player he once was. He won’t put a team over the top.

Tom Brady didn’t show up for OTA’s either. Doesn’t really mean anything at the moment. If they got him Julio he might suddenly be happy. It’s worth a shot for a second rounder.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Julio would fit in well down in Miami with the Dolphins. They are a young talented squad.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Another example of a big bodied receiver falling apart in his early 30s. I still think Julio has some left in the tank, but he’s always banged up. Definitely not worth the $23 million a year.

• Runole

Participant

Not sure the deal will be done possibly not until the regular season. I doubt Atlanta wants to just give him away for nothing.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Not really a fair comparison to say this happened to one guy, so it’s going to happen to another, but I’ve always thought that Andre Johnson and Jones were similar WRs. Almost overnight that guy.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Not really a fair comparison to say this happened to one guy, so it’s going to happen to another, but I’ve always thought that Andre Johnson and Jones were similar WRs. Almost overnight that guy.

Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, and Andre Johnson are just a few examples of elite WRs who just hit a wall in their early 30s.

Seems to me that receivers 6’0 and under are more durable and able to play at a higher level into their mid 30s. I guess it makes sense, 230lbs jumping 35″ in the air coming down on your knees and ankles vs 195lbs landing on your knees and ankles… it adds up over the years.

This is why I think Mike only has about 4-5 years of elite production in him left. Hopefully he’s on that TB12 method by now! I want him to retire a Buc.

• obuc

Participant

A rumor was the Raiders. That would be good but he wants a SB shot.

• Runole

Participant

A 1st rounder and his contract taken over by his new team will get the deal done. Atlanta is in cap hell.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.