Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• D.King

Participant

Godwin will want a big raise from his rookie deal.
      Spotrac puts his annual value at $17.1M per season, 2nd of all free-agent WRs.
      I doubt the Bucs have that kind of cap space, and nobody franchises no.2 WRs.
      AB is attached at the hip to Brady, and he will be back for cheap because no other team is going to want to pay him after the Raiders debacle.
      AB is not dependable but remember he’s capable of putting up a 1400-yard season.
      And Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller could probably use more reps.

So thanks for four great seasons CG, maybe my favorite draft pick of the Licht era.

• buc_boi

Participant

He’ll be back

• Detrimental

Participant

Godwin is not going to make $17 million a year. No way in hell he gets that. Guy has ONE thousand yard season and we are suppose to break the bank? Not happening. 14-15 mil tops imo

• D.King

Participant

Of course it depends on the market.
        That’s what free agency is all about.
        But Godwin has more value to a team with no good WRs and cap space than to the Bucs, who are loaded at WR/TE.
        Cooper Kupp makes $15.8M, Jarvis Landry $15.1M, and Brandin Cooks $16.2M.
        I’d rather have CG

• RW

Participant

All those guys you mention are way overpaid. As well there is another great crop of college receivers in this year’s draft at much less money.Combine that with his so-so playoff and Godwin won’t get the money people projected he would 6 months ago.

• Pepsi

Participant

tough one. Barrett needs to be valued more than Godwin, lets just get that out of the way. we currently have 20mil tied into TEs. both Brate and Howard make up 12mil and all of that can be cleared out by releasing them. Gronk is coming back at at least the same price which was 8 or 9mil (I forget). Evans is will to take less, but hes already under paid so I dont see that happening.. This depends on how much Godwin values a couple more million vs playing with the GOAT and going for another ring. Worst case tho, we have to let him walk and that allows us to pay for one more year of Howard. If Howard lives up to his potential, then the combo of Evans, AB, Gronk, Howard, Miller, ROJO, and potentially an early round RB with hands is all pretty nice. Personally though I think both Brate and Howard get the Axe and Godwin takes a hometown discount

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be nice to have Evans, Godwin and AB back next season, but that might not be possible unless everyone makes concessions to keep the band togehter.

• kingtrojan

Participant

I think the team will franchise tag Godwin

• Donkey

Participant

Jesus. We just won the Super Bowl last night. Doesn’t take long for the negativity to return around here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What negativity would that be?

Haven’t seen anything on this thread that’s negative.

Some are more idealistic and others a bit more realistic.

It would be nice if everyone was willing to chip in for 2 in a row, tho.

• FsstNfurios

Participant

• Boid Fink

Participant

Evans has said he will take a pay cut to help resign some of the guys. Hopefully a few others will realize how special this team is, and give discounts for a year or two to keep it going.

Godwin isn’t going anywhere. Not a chance.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

4 year 55 mil 25 mil guaranteed for godwin sounds like a win for both parties

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• BChaves8

Participant

I think Godwin gets the tag this year.

He is arguably Brady’s favorite target so I would be surprised if he is gone.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Brady will be campaigning to keep the team intact. The FAs have a choice: play with the G.O.A.T., who just played in his 10th Championship, or take someone else’s bigger money…

• adkindo

Participant

If Godwin and Barrett both return next season, it will be a FO win. Those are the two guys that will have a large market. The FO should be able to find a path to bringing back AB, Gronk, Suh and David because their market will be limited and I assume they prefer to remain in Tampa.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spot on

• Watchman

Participant

I think Godwin has the skill set to be the best WR in the league. He battled some injuries this year, and some drops in the playoffs, but he’s set up to get a nice pay day.

I won’t fault him for going and getting what he can on the open market.

Guys like Gronk and AB should be the ones taking pay cuts to be on a winner. Godwin is coming into his prime and needs to make $$$ while he can.

Would be great if key guys take less to try and win another, but a FA signing somewhere else, for $$$ the Bucs can’t manage is understandable.

• RW

Participant

I bet Gronk cuts his pay to $5 million from $9m; one of Brate or Howard are gone. Jensen and Smith renegotiate the final years of their deals; tack on another year or two but at less then the $10m and $14m respectively they are scheduled to make.Gholston either takes pay cut or gone. New punter because Pinion would make $2.8m next year.
        Also what if Brady signs for another year in 2022 and takes a pay cut? They could save $10 or $15 million of cap space in 2021.

• TURBO

Participant

I wonder if the GOAT would take a pay cut, or defer his salary to keep the team together for another run?

He’s the guy who could make the biggest difference in keeping some of those guys around….

• Boid Fink

Participant

Turbo, he’s been doing that for years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

True story Boid

• Daba

Participant

He’s not going anywhere, worst case he gets franchised for the year.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

OP making nothing but assumptions

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Tagged make another run at the SB when you win players take less

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Think Bucs will make an offer to keep him from going to free agency, but Chris has got to go see what the market is because this is his chance to cash in on a big contract. Come back to the Bucs and say this team offered me this and see if Bucs are willing to match it. Would hate to see him leave, but certainly understand if he does for a big contract.

• m_j

Participant

godwin and brate will probably be our offseason casualties

but let’s wait and see!

• buc-in-out

Participant

Godwin will be back, before the SB there was already reports that we’ll be attempting to re-sign him early in the offseason.

I’m ready to move on from AB. He won’t be worth the money he’ll command, and he’s a scum bag. He doesn’t look like the same player he was in Pittsburgh, he hasn’t created the separation I was expecting.

I think Scooter and Tyler Johnson are ready for expanded roles. Both offer diverse skill sets, I’d love for them to split the #3 job next season.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Gonna be a tough call. We all love Godwin and no one wants to see good players walk out the door but he is one of the most expendable FAs due to his potential price tag and options at the position. This team is trying to win another SB quickly and to do that money is going to need to be spent on the D. Retaining David and Barrett, drafting the best DT at #32. Would like to keep Suh but may not be room.

On offense Gronk will come back for less as others have said. A pass catching back like White comes in thru FA. The TE position is tough. I would like to save money there but who can you lose between Brate and OJ? One is oft-injured but the younger and more talented.

If AB will come back for $4 million and Godwin wants $12… could be the difference. I don’t want AB here over Godwin but I can see it happening.

• spartan

Participant

I hope he stays but funny enough winning the Superbowl might actually play against us when it comes to re-signing CG. He has his ring, now he can look for a pay day. If we had come close but fell at the end it would have been a bigger argument to stay in Tampa.

JMHO.

• Natural Selection

Participant

I think tagging Godwin is the least likely eventuality. That 16.5 number for WR is not going to work. He’ll either get a long extension with bonus to spread out cap hit and make low 2021/22 figures or will walk. I also doubt he walks. I think he’ll get around 17 mil average on a 5/6 year extension that guarantees 50-60 mil. Something like 5-$85 with $50 in signing bonus and $62.5 total guaranteed.

21 -10 mil against cap from bonus

22 – 10 mil bonus/ 5 in salary guaranteed

23 – 10 mil bonus 7.5 in salary guaranteed

24 – 10 mil bonus 10 in salary

25 – 10 mil bonus 12.5 in salary

• FsstNfurios

Participant

I saw a post from Godwin’s fiance couple months ago when asked if Tampa is their forever home so to speak. She said “No love Tampa but we’re mountain people.” Of course thats talking about life after football but it made me wonder a little bit.

• JC5100

Participant

Godwin #1 priority. Young, home grown, hard worker, not a diva. Best football is ahead of him. Pass rushers who only perform in contract years have a bad history once they get paid.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by JC5100.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.