Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 186 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

We were 2-14 last year and 4-12 the year before that… Right? We are the worst team in the league and picking 1st overall…. Right? Just checking, cause we are acting like we won a fucking Superbowl last year. Are we going to do anything to improve this roster? Wow. Also, PR.... Your new site is still slow as hell with the slightest increase in traffic. Good job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We signed a ton of guys last year and wins went down. Who should we have signed for big money and is FA over with already?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t be an apologist, booker. It’s a legit point. You have to try. L&L act as if they’re scared to try, which is unacceptable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should be OLINE all DAY Long! And then DRAFT 2-3 MORE!oh wait~ Plus a MLB and a DE.....

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problems were more Qb than anything else. Rookie Qb Glennon, and then no real O-coordinator last year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I tried to tell everyone that lovie isn’t that type of coach. He believes anyone can be “good” with repetition. Heck, his very own defense lives by that ideal.I can forgive him for failure to bring anyone in this off season too. 2 worthless wins in an entire season doesn't instill the idea of betterment to any possible future players. I can't forgive the worthless season, but I understand fa being tough this time around.What you should be worried about, is the qb choice (and doubling-down on ol through draft). That's the biggie.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not a legit point. We’ve been March champions before and it never works. Who did we sign in 2010 besides Sean Jones? We went from 3-13 to 10-6.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't be an apologist, booker. It's a legit point. You have to try. L&L act as if they're scared to try, which is unacceptable.

Apologist of what? There wasn't much top talent available this off season. Bulaga resigned, iupati was paid too much, Cole is meh. I hate us bringing in Conte and that's Lovies fault but to sit here and pout after 4 hours have elapsed is stupid. If we sign Carter, Wisniewski, Morgan, and Melton FA went really well. Better than if we paid Iupati tons and only signed Carter.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we tried last year and failed… So we should just give up on FA? I keep reading this type of thing on Twitter by numerous Buc fans and even Tampa sports journalist. What a (censored)ing loser mentality! Seriously. We suck. Our roster sucks. We have lots of cap room. Not aggressively trying to improve our situation is a big fail. Apparently many Buc fans are so mind (censored)ed from decades of sucking, that they think this is an ok strategy. Lol. What a joke. I'm not saying we should have gone all Madden like the Eagles, but Damn man. You'd think we would have been a little more aggressive out the gates. Hopefully we make some good 2bd tier signings, cause we aren't just going to magically get better without mixing things up. And it hasn't been 4hours. It's been 3 1/2 days.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Gerald McCoy @Geraldini93Last time Sam Bradford was in a fast paced no huddle offense like Philly's he won the Heisman!! Just saying. If he stays h"

• Anonymous

Inactive

JDoub, spot on.And my analysis:Ugh.Plus we haven't cut that overpaid pos punter. FTW????????????? :o

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't be an apologist, booker. It's a legit point. You have to try. L&L act as if they're scared to try, which is unacceptable.

Scared to try? Do they not have guys lined up who can come in an contribute? Conte is a BS target, but the rest are legit players. There has been plenty of success with teams acquiring mid-tier FAs and plenty of failures in targeting big names. I'm perfectly fine with them not going big on day 1. Most of their "big" day one signings have been complete and utter failures over the last 5 years. Sounds like the organization is adapting. This isn't going to be a SB championship team next year....no need to go all in like 2015 is our year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apologist of what? There wasn't much top talent available this off season. Bulaga resigned, iupati was paid too much, Cole is meh. I hate us bringing in Conte and that's Lovies fault but to sit here and pout after 4 hours have elapsed is stupid. If we sign Carter, Wisniewski, Morgan, and Melton FA went really well. Better than if we paid Iupati tons and only signed Carter.

Not true on the talent. Plenty gone and plenty still out there. Murray? Hardy? Parker is good but only at the right price. But are they being savvy or just plain slow? Punter? A lot of work to do and IMHO they are being tentative. As for the calendar, this goes back to Sat. Not just today. It’s as if they took the weekend off.

• Anonymous

Inactive

good grief. Loser talk is paying insane $$$ for players when it's never been a winning strategy anywhere.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we tried last year and failed... So we should just give up on FA? I keep reading this type of thing on Twitter by numerous Buc fans and even Tampa sports journalist. What a (censored)ing loser mentality! Seriously. We suck. Our roster sucks. We have lots of cap room. Not aggressively trying to improve our situation is a big fail. Apparently many Buc fans are so mind (censored)ed from decades of sucking, that they think this is an ok strategy. Lol. What a joke. I'm not saying we should have gone all Madden like the Eagles, but Damn man. You'd think we would have been a little more aggressive out the gates. Hopefully we make some good 2bd tier signings, cause we aren't just going to magically get better without mixing things up. And it hasn't been 4hours. It's been 3 1/2 days.

Again, who has given up? They have 4 visits lined up even if one is Conte. Supposedly interested in Murray, Sheard, and others. Should they have just offered millions more to get people here? If so, that's dumb as hell.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still think we should target Hardy, Carter, and Nate Irving. I just don’t get the lack of activity. Ron Parker and Conte… Really?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember BucNY’s meltdown a year ago for all the signings?…this is the opposite end of the spectrum, and no better than that BS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And not being aggressive for OL and pass rushers…. But then going after a RB like Murray would be stupid as fuck. So that is probably our plan.

• install

Participant

Maybe we are gonna be tank nation 2015 !

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not true on the talent. Plenty gone and plenty still out there. Murray? Hardy? Parker is good but only at the right price. But are they being savvy or just plain slow? Punter? A lot of work to do and IMHO they are being tentative. As for the calendar, this goes back to Sat. Not just today. It's as if they took the weekend off.

Who says they took it off? Maybe they are just smarter and don't leak stuff that will get them in trouble like many other teams. No one that was signed over the weekend was someone that we needed at the money they were paid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember BucNY's meltdown a year ago for all the signings?...this is the opposite end of the spectrum, and no better than that BS.

Wait wut? This is a meltdown? Lol. Ok.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scared to try? Do they not have guys lined up who can come in an contribute? Conte is a BS target, but the rest are legit players. There has been plenty of success with teams acquiring mid-tier FAs and plenty of failures in targeting big names. I'm perfectly fine with them not going big on day 1. Most of their "big" day one signings have been complete and utter failures over the last 5 years. Sounds like the organization is adapting. This isn't going to be a SB championship team next year....no need to go all in like 2015 is our year.

Chace, you and Booker are two of my favorite posters but I must respectfully disagree with your take. I think they’re not going after these players because when they fail there is more criticism. Taking your approach, they’re trying to win 5-6 games instead of 8-9. And I don’t see how that’s a good thing other than if you’re playing for 2016 draft position.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs need to fix depth and worry about BAP through the draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still think we should target Hardy, Carter, and Nate Irving. I just don't get the lack of activity. Ron Parker and Conte... Really?

Carter is visiting and who knows about Hardy. There has been no news on home from any team it seems. We can like him all we want but the guy is facing a suspension in top of being  legit PoS human being.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Booker, we will see. I hope you’re right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chace, you and Booker are two of my favorite posters but I must respectfully disagree with your take. I think they're not going after these players because when they fail there is more criticism. Taking your approach, they're trying to win 5-6 games instead of 8-9. And I don't see how that's a good thing other than if you're playing for 2016 draft position.

Honestly, reaching for 5-6 wins is probably the best thing. Build slowly but surely through FA and the draft to make the team a winner for a long time. Drafting a franchise QB will start this come April. There was no one out there this offseason that was a must have. Wisniewski is an upgrade for the line, Carter would allow us to not worry about MLB in the draft, Morgan/Sheard gives us solid rotational DE. We can draft a DE in the second or in 2016. There really wasn't any player out there this offseason good enough to warrant tons of money as a DE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still think we should target Hardy, Carter, and Nate Irving. I just don't get the lack of activity. Ron Parker and Conte... Really?

Look, Hardy is not coming, and he's probably off the board for the vast majority of teams. Where's the lack of activity? Carter, Conte, Wisnieski, Morgan (if he escapes Atlanta), and Melton are all reportedly en route or here already. Nate Irving has started a grand total of 12 games but his non-arrival is why you are ticked? C'mon, man.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assuming we don’t get Murray or Hardy, Wisnewski would be a nice consolation prize. But given the circumstances it will be tough to get Morgan or Sheard.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs need to fix depth and worry about BAP through the draft.

I agree. This should be the strategy. Unfortunately we don't have enough legit starting caliber players to field a competitive team...and we have a shit load of cap. I don't think we can afford to just sit back and "play it safe." That'll get us another embrassingly bad season. We unfortunately have to take risks and go after starters in FA.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team is seriously ridiculously stupid. I agree with jdouble. We suck. I mean god awful terrible half these guys dont deserve a job suck. Guess what bringing in shit players is not going to build depth or win. Its funny how some of you say this guy is old or we could just use some bum off the streets and hes just like trent cole or like Murray.  The difference is the other guys haven’t done anything! Ever. Rainey martin or murray. Seriously how u can even sit straight faced and compare! Delusional !

• Anonymous

Inactive

You blow your wad on OT, DE, QB and to a lesser extent CB.Bucs missed big on Collins but that isn't want is deterring the Bucs.  The FA market is usually flush with safties, tight ends, runing backs, guards, etc.Most 2nd tier guys at non premium positions are just as good as the top tier guards, safties, tight ends, etc.  For example the difference between a RB that averages 4.5 ypc versus one that averages 4.2 ypc is negligible.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Booker… The best thing we can do is aim for 5 or 6 wins and build slowly? Dude. That just isn’t how the NFL works bro. Players are effectively on 2 year deals and outside of a couple franchises, the top teams fluctuate wildly every year. There is no 4 or 5 year plans in the NFL. It’s win now or GTFO. You sound like you are stuck in the 90s…with Lovie.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You build through the draft. You plug holes in FA. We’re in rebuilding mode. This isn’t the time to add a bunch of guys through FA. We need to build an identity first.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team is seriously ridiculously stupid. I agree with jdouble. We suck. I mean god awful terrible half these guys dont deserve a job suck. Guess what bringing in (censored) players is not going to build depth or win. Its funny how some of you say this guy is old or we could just use some bum off the streets and hes just like trent cole or like Murray.  The difference is the other guys haven't done anything! Ever. Rainey martin or murray. Seriously how u can even sit straight faced and compare! Delusional !

Again name these players you would have signed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Build slowly but surely through FA and the draft to make the team a winner for a long time. Drafting a franchise QB will start this come April. There was no one out there this offseason that was a must have. Wisniewski is an upgrade for the line, Carter would allow us to not worry about MLB in the draft, Morgan/Sheard gives us solid rotational DE. We can draft a DE in the second or in 2016. There really wasn't any player out there this offseason good enough to warrant tons of money as a DE.

I'm in general agreement with the other Booker, but I doubt (and I know PR said it) that Carter is playing in the middle for us. He's a SAM, back-up Will. That's how the Cowboys used him in the Tampa-2. Durant was the WILL and Mclain was the MIKE. I would imagine they move Lansaneh inside. I'd pretty happy to come out of FA with Wisniewski, Melton, Carter, and Morgan or Sheard (prefer the latter).

• Anonymous

Inactive

You build through the draft. You plug holes in FA. We're in rebuilding mode. This isn't the time to add a bunch of guys through FA. We need to build an identity first.

Pretty sure we already have an identity. It's probably why nobody is signing here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So we tried last year and failed... So we should just give up on FA? I keep reading this type of thing on Twitter by numerous Buc fans and even Tampa sports journalist. What a (censored)ing loser mentality! Seriously. We suck. Our roster sucks. We have lots of cap room. Not aggressively trying to improve our situation is a big fail. Apparently many Buc fans are so mind (censored)ed from decades of sucking, that they think this is an ok strategy. Lol. What a joke. I'm not saying we should have gone all Madden like the Eagles, but Damn man. You'd think we would have been a little more aggressive out the gates. Hopefully we make some good 2bd tier signings, cause we aren't just going to magically get better without mixing things up. And it hasn't been 4hours. It's been 3 1/2 days.

You've turned into a bitter little troll, man. They're linked to numerous free agents, just not the big names that everyone knows. Is that bad? If you recall, everyone around these parts for the past two seasons has been crowing in March and eating crow in October. Remember all those big names? Remember how good it felt? Truth is, "winning" free agency in the offseason is ridiculous. Can't judge the moves until after the season starts. I would assume you knew that but apparently not. Here we are just a few hours into free agency and you're heading to the Skyway already. Geez. Just quit this team like you know you will and get it over with.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team is seriously ridiculously stupid. I agree with jdouble. We suck. I mean god awful terrible half these guys dont deserve a job suck. Guess what bringing in (censored) players is not going to build depth or win. Its funny how some of you say this guy is old or we could just use some bum off the streets and hes just like trent cole or like Murray.  The difference is the other guys haven't done anything! Ever. Rainey martin or murray. Seriously how u can even sit straight faced and compare! Delusional !

A little bit of exaggeration for effect but in essence I agree. Murray would make us better.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The middle of the back half of the defense, QB spot and the right side of the OL were the sore spots on the team.  These areas can be addressed without needing to blow wads of money through free agency.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Booker... The best thing we can do is aim for 5 or 6 wins and build slowly? Dude. That just isn't how the NFL works bro. Players are effectively on 2 year deals and outside of a couple franchises, the top teams fluctuate wildly every year. There is no 4 or 5 year plans in the NFL. It's win now or GTFO. You sound like you are stuck in the 90s...with Lovie.

You think this team is a win now team by overspending on FAS like Iupati? I can tell you it isn't. You say the top teams fluctuate every year which is true but you know what they don't do? Over spend on FAs every offseason. I would rather be stuck in a plan to build an actual team rather than throwing money at top guys who were not even that great.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lofton should be a no Brainer for us. We might plan on targeting a MLB in the draft… But you can’t bank on that.  Carter is a solid signing, but he is a project.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Booker... The best thing we can do is aim for 5 or 6 wins and build slowly? Dude. That just isn't how the NFL works bro. Players are effectively on 2 year deals and outside of a couple franchises, the top teams fluctuate wildly every year. There is no 4 or 5 year plans in the NFL. It's win now or GTFO. You sound like you are stuck in the 90s...with Lovie.

You think this team is a win now team by overspending on FAS like Iupati? I can tell you it isn't. You say the top teams fluctuate every year which is true but you know what they don't do? Over spend on FAs every offseason. I would rather be stuck in a plan to build an actual team rather than throwing money at top guys who were not even that great.

IMHO both of you are missing the point. Its not the price tag that makes me happy we stayed away from Iupati. He doesn’t pass protect well. Since we will presumably be getting a franchise qb with the idea of passing in mind, it didn’t make sense to pursue him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chace, you and Booker are two of my favorite posters but I must respectfully disagree with your take. I think they're not going after these players because when they fail there is more criticism. Taking your approach, they're trying to win 5-6 games instead of 8-9. And I don't see how that's a good thing other than if you're playing for 2016 draft position.

Honestly, reaching for 5-6 wins is probably the best thing. Build slowly but surely through FA and the draft to make the team a winner for a long time. Drafting a franchise QB will start this come April. There was no one out there this offseason that was a must have. Wisniewski is an upgrade for the line, Carter would allow us to not worry about MLB in the draft, Morgan/Sheard gives us solid rotational DE. We can draft a DE in the second or in 2016. There really wasn't any player out there this offseason good enough to warrant tons of money as a DE.

Bucs missed their chance with pass rushers and OT's last off season.  So yeah I agree the Bucs are better to sit tight and draft players that can fill the important spots on the team now or eventually into the future (eg QB, OT, DE, CB).

• Anonymous

Inactive

You've turned into a bitter little troll, man. They're linked to numerous free agents, just not the big names that everyone knows. Is that bad? If you recall, everyone around these parts for the past two seasons has been crowing in March and eating crow in October. Remember all those big names? Remember how good it felt? Truth is, "winning" free agency in the offseason is ridiculous. Can't judge the moves until after the season starts. I would assume you knew that but apparently not. Here we are just a few hours into free agency and you're heading to the Skyway already. Geez. Just quit this team like you know you will and get it over with.

It's amazing how I post a solid, we'll written opinion.... And it makes me a troll cause you disagree. Lol. You can piss off. I'm not heading to the skyway or having a meltdown... No matter how hard some of you would like to paint that picture. Just expressing by disappointment in this regime. Can't handle that? Block me... But for gawd sake stop crying everything I post my opinion.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also, PR.... Your new site is still slow as hell with the slightest increase in traffic. Good job.

It's horrible. I don't have this problem on any other website I visit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lofton should be a no Brainer for us. We might plan on targeting a MLB in the draft... But you can't bank on that.  Carter is a solid signing, but he is a project.

What? Lofton is far from what we should be signing. We are letting Mason leave due to not being able to cover and you want Lofton? He was cut due to a failed physical also from what I seen on Twitter. Carter is a much better option.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's amazing how I post a solid, we'll written opinion.... And it makes me a troll cause you disagree. Lol. You can piss off. I'm not heading to the skyway or having a meltdown... No matter how hard some of you would like to paint that picture. Just expressing by disappointment in this regime. Can't handle that? Block me... But for gawd sake stop crying everything I post my opinion.

You're crying about not signing big names four hours into free agency and claim that the team isn't even trying, when in fact, they are. You claim they're scared to take a dive. Maybe they're being wise. Fools rush in and this team has proven it. So yeah, crying about this four hours into free agency is trollish and immature. Obviously, you're the one that can't handle this team. Hell, you've already said you're leaving if they draft Jameis. Real fans don't act like that, so yeah, you're either a troll or really immature.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe we are gonna be tank nation 2015 !

No no no... Jaboo told me he's trying to win a Superbowl next year. I got my mind set on that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

JDouble, RIGHT ON with everything again.You look at teams like Seattle and Indy that were already so close and they continue to improve. We finish dead freaking last in the league and we're watching the parade pass us by. We release Revis because he makes too much, yet we keep Koenan and Goldson??

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as they take a legit swing at patching up the trouble spots (eg OG) unlike last season I would be okay with that.  Last season the efforts were well placed by trying to upgrade QB, OT, and pass rusher.  The problem was they picked the wrong players and neglected other spots (punter, offensive guard, return specialist).  Draft rolls around and the Bucs don’t address the OG spot til the 5th round.So yeah I want to see things play out differently this year and see the Bucs holding the royal flush heading into the draft.  Patch up as many spots as possible with 2nd tier UFAs.  Then go hog wild with best available player in every round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

you haven’t posted a solid, well written opininion in this thread though, have you?  I saw one of you posts started with saying the Bucs gave up on FA? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lofton is Foster just older both are a liability is pass coverage. This team for three years has over spent unwisely and has not gotten a solid return on their investment. No reason to rush in an over pay just for the sake of spending. In three years under the win the off-season philosophy the team has gone 13-35. Licht told everyone the team would get it stars from the draft moving forward and look to sign Clinton McDonald types in free agency. He tried to temper everyone enthusiasm before the opening bell rung….

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not a legit point. We've been March champions before and it never works. Who did we sign in 2010 besides Sean Jones? We went from 3-13 to 10-6.

Curious to see the players we add in the next few months as impactful as MW19 and Blount

• Anonymous

Inactive

JDouble, RIGHT ON with everything again.You look at teams like Seattle and Indy that were already so close and they continue to improve.

Are we sure seattle improved?  Indy grabbed a bunch of guys with one foot into retirement?

• Anonymous

Inactive

We finish dead freaking last in the league because we overpay for free agents that don’t help the team! How hard is that to understand? Outside of Suh and McCourty, this is not a stellar free agent class. Only time will tell if this is the right decision or not. Four hours into free agency isn’t the right time to assess. Be patient.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lofton should be a no Brainer for us. We might plan on targeting a MLB in the draft... But you can't bank on that.  Carter is a solid signing, but he is a project.

Lofton? Are you kidding me? He's a 2-down LB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

JDouble, RIGHT ON with everything again.You look at teams like Seattle and Indy that were already so close and they continue to improve. We finish dead freaking last in the league and we're watching the parade pass us by. We release Revis because he makes too much, yet we keep Koenan and Goldson??

Indy and Seattle are able to do the things they did because they have a good team already. Their situation is so far from ours it isn't funny. Indy can sign Gore, Andre and Cole because they willbe good for the next two years those players have left. Using those teams as a reason for us to spend is stupid because we are not them. They built their teams in the draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me good value over signing 13 free agents. At this point even Hardy would be enough.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yet people defend this crap and label you a troll for calling this regime out. Amazing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yet people defend this crap and label you a troll for calling this regime out. Amazing.

its misguidedly calling the regime out.  Making up false claims because they didn’t sign your guys on your schedule.  Loft on?  Irving?  Thats some of your reasoning? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah… Lofton is a horrible idea. We should just wait and end up with Lansanah as our Mike. That will help this defense improve.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weatherspoon would have been a nice target as well… But it sounds like he is a cardinal…aling with nate Irving.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah... Lofton is a horrible idea. We should just wait and end up with Lansanah as our Mike. That will help this defense improve.

Or you know the guy Carter they are bringing in..

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Jdub your excited now, wait until we draft Leftwich 2.0.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lansanah actually represents better value and his ceiling might be higher considered he has only played for one season even though he is a year older.  You have to think with another year in the same system he would potentially get better and he is a far better defender in coverage…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me good value over signing 13 free agents. At this point even Hardy would be enough.

Exactly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly.

Such as? Outside of Hardy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR needs to upgrade their GoDaddy hosting account to the $19/month option.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember BucNY's meltdown a year ago for all the signings?...this is the opposite end of the spectrum, and no better than that BS.

No. It's a typical knee-jerk overreaction.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The players the Bucs had in 2014 went 2-14. Why are we resigning Leonard Johnson and Luke Stocker. It baffles the mind how these 2 players are still playing in the NFL. Now we have Bobby Rainey who has arguably been our best RB the past 2 seasons and he hasn’t been signed or tendered. And in that the biggest weakness in 2014 outside of QB was the OL. Bucs haven't even nibbled at improvements. Impati, Bulaga, Pharnell, Franklin and Free are all gone. Looks like the 2-14 Bucs are having a tough sell with Free Agents.

• Anonymous

Inactive

as suspected, panic has set it!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

The players the Bucs had in 2014 went 2-14. Why are we resigning Leonard Johnson and Luke Stocker. It baffles the mind how these 2 players are still playing in the NFL. Now we have Bobby Rainey who has arguably been our best RB the past 2 seasons and he hasn't been signed or tendered. And in that the biggest weakness in 2014 outside of QB was the OL. Bucs haven't even nibbled at improvements. Impati, Bulaga, Pharnell, Franklin and Free are all gone. Looks like the 2-14 Bucs are having a tough sell with Free Agents.

Rainey was resigned. Iupati was paid too much same with Parnell. Free was resigned along with Bulaga. So what would you have liked us to do in this case? Offer these guys millions more which would be a waste? Haven't nibbled? Do you have any idea what they were doing? No obviously since you didn't know we resigned Rainey.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The players the Bucs had in 2014 went 2-14. Why are we resigning Leonard Johnson and Luke Stocker. It baffles the mind how these 2 players are still playing in the NFL. Now we have Bobby Rainey who has arguably been our best RB the past 2 seasons and he hasn't been signed or tendered. And in that the biggest weakness in 2014 outside of QB was the OL. Bucs haven't even nibbled at improvements. Impati, Bulaga, Pharnell, Franklin and Free are all gone. Looks like the 2-14 Bucs are having a tough sell with Free Agents.

Rainey was resigned. Iupati was paid too much same with Parnell. Free was resigned along with Bulaga. So what would you have liked us to do in this case? Offer these guys millions more which would be a waste? Haven't nibbled? Do you have any idea what they were doing? No obviously since you didn't know we resigned Rainey.

Boom!!!and i wish we'd re-sign Clayborn

• Anonymous

Inactive

No panic here at all. I would like Hardy and Carter, and I would be happy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

5-6 games? You honestly believe that if we had made 2-3 signings already, that we would be much better of a team? History shows overwhelmingly that is untrue. Listen, I will openly admit to being one of the most cynical and pessimistic Bucs fans out there. I pretty much assume that most of the moves they make will be failures and I still don't trust that Lovie will do the right thing in getting a QB at #1 overall....but I honestly think a molehill is being made into a mountain here. There are holes to fill, certainly, but there are still lots of players out there to do it with. You know what has burned us in the past? Calling up players at(or before) the opening gun and throwing so much $ at them that they don't even entertain anyone else's offers or calls. That's what you have to do when you have a terrible team with no real hope of getting much better anytime soon. While I did like the prospect of maybe getting Iupati type player, I'm not broken up that we didn't back up the Brinks truck and give him more $ than we gave Nicks, which is what it probably would have taken. If we want to get good again, it's going to be primarily accomplished through drafting well. The Bucs aren't sitting on their hands. They'll make signings, and people will still b*tch about those signings because they weren't the exact signings that they had made in the last week on their Madden franchise season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

J-Dub,If you see this, why do you think Carter is a project? Just askin.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I would like Hardy also, I'm not holding my breath. The guy has issues and possible suspension coming. Any team is going to take their time in signing him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They'll make signings, and people will still b*tch about those signings because they weren't the exact signings that they had made in the last week on their Madden franchise season.

Where you been man?  I thought maybe you became a Colts fan.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You build through the draft. You plug holes in FA. We're in rebuilding mode. This isn't the time to add a bunch of guys through FA. We need to build an identity first.

Pretty sure we already have an identity. It's probably why nobody is signing here.

So which is it? Are the Bucs sitting on their hands not doing exactly what you want? Or do players just not want to come here cause we suck?

• Anonymous

Inactive

5-6 games? You honestly believe that if we had made 2-3 signings already, that we would be much better of a team? History shows overwhelmingly that is untrue. Listen, I will openly admit to being one of the most cynical and pessimistic Bucs fans out there. I pretty much assume that most of the moves they make will be failures and I still don't trust that Lovie will do the right thing in getting a QB at #1 overall....but I honestly think a molehill is being made into a mountain here. There are holes to fill, certainly, but there are still lots of players out there to do it with. You know what has burned us in the past? Calling up players at(or before) the opening gun and throwing so much $ at them that they don't even entertain anyone else's offers or calls. That's what you have to do when you have a terrible team with no real hope of getting much better anytime soon. While I did like the prospect of maybe getting Iupati type player, I'm not broken up that we didn't back up the Brinks truck and give him more $ than we gave Nicks, which is what it probably would have taken. If we want to get good again, it's going to be primarily accomplished through drafting well. The Bucs aren't sitting on their hands. They'll make signings, and people will still b*tch about those signings because they weren't the exact signings that they had made in the last week on their Madden franchise season.

Preach!!!!And Chace is right.....he is the most cynical and pessimistic Buc fan out there but he'll be alright after we draft Winston!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I would like Hardy also, I'm not holding my breath. The guy has issues and possible suspension coming. Any team is going to take their time in signing him.

Hopefuly that scares everyone off. And we sign him on the cheap, and have a pro bowl DE the next 5 years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They'll make signings, and people will still b*tch about those signings because they weren't the exact signings that they had made in the last week on their Madden franchise season.

New baby in January. Been caught up in dirty diapers and what not...plus every single damn thread was Winston vs. Mariota. There is new stuff to talk about now, so here I am.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefuly that scares everyone off. And we sign him on the cheap, and have a pro bowl DE the next 5 years.

And I'll be a happy fan, but if not you can't blame them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well excuse me for having a job and not knowing all the latest and greatest in Bucs land. Bucs need some quality players to replace the deadwood that has been on this roster. But all they seem to be signing is some of the deadwood that led the Bucs to a 2-14 season. Hopefully the next few days will show some roster improvement.

• Anonymous

Inactive

New baby in January. Been caught up in dirty diapers and what not...plus every single damn thread was Winston vs. Mariota. There is new stuff to talk about now, so here I am.

Congrats on the baby, Chace. Good to see you around.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's beautiful man. We have a little one too. And I agree, I was tired of the Winston/Mariota debate about a month ago. And only about a month and a half more to go.  Ugh

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well excuse me for having a job and not knowing all the latest and greatest in Bucs land. Bucs need some quality players to replace the deadwood that has been on this roster. But all they seem to be signing is some of the deadwood that led the Bucs to a 2-14 season. Hopefully the next few days will show some roster improvement.

They signed so called quality players last FA and they are 2-14. The did it many times before that and it lead to crap seasons. It's not hard to see why they aren't not doing it again. They have multiple visits lined up with IMO quality players like Carter, Wisniewski, Morgan, and hopefully Sheard or Hardy. Conte needs to have his plane re routed .

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on our pt. differential and the Pythagorean Theorem we should have won 4.5 games last year. So with the right fa signings and a strong draft, I don’t think 6, 7 or 8 wins is all that crazy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like what we have done so far.  We do not have a ton of space.  Not if you want to add 8-10 quality free agents.  Other then Hardy, there doesn’t look like any potential elite to be had (no to Su money).  I am sick of paying elite money for potential.  At best pretty good right now (before the curse of JC kicks in).  Iupati is a good guard.  8 mil per with more then half guaranteed is a lot for good.  I hope we can build some kind of affordable talent base that we can easily cut loose of to build around our rookie QB.  We need more then 3 or 4 quality players out of this f.a. period.  We are about to draft our star. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I must say... I'm very entertained by these people that are saying L&L are idiots that should get fired, but apparently want these idiots to screw up the cap for years to come since obviously they'll only make bad signings, but they want them bad signings anyways.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Congrats! Best of luck!

• Anonymous

Inactive

And in that the biggest weakness in 2014 outside of QB was the OL. Bucs haven't even nibbled at improvements. Impati, Bulaga, Pharnell, Franklin and Free are all gone. Looks like the 2-14 Bucs are having a tough sell with Free Agents.

I think you are assuming too much by thinking that the Bucs had an equal shot at landing any of these players. Most of them signed fairly quickly and didn't do so for extremely cheap. That would mean that the Bucs would have had to exponentially overpay for anyone of them. The only two of that group I would have been happy with aare Iupati and Franklin and those to signed right out of the gates for quite a bit of $. There was not much of a shot for the Bucs to land either of them. The last place a vet wants to go is a 2-14 team, when he can go to a much better team who is offering him a sh*t-ton of $. You also assume that the Bucs made no attempt at any of these players. There was talk of them going after Bulaga. No real loss there. Dude is overrated and would  not look the same in a different offense. We are barely 1/4 of a day into FA and people are already griping. There really isn't all that much to gripe about yet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chace, this thread shouldn’t bother you at all, dude. You should be used to crying 24-7. Of course you can’t give some of us binkies to quiet down!

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's beautiful man. We have a little one too. And I agree, I was tired of the Winston/Mariota debate about a month ago. And only about a month and a half more to go.  Ugh

I honestly can't believe that there are people who still think we are drafting Mariota. I like Mariota, and would love to have him, but he isn't a Lovie pick. It's going to be Winston, or Lovie will trade back and go his usual route and try to make it work with a Grossman/Orton/McCown QB. Mariota will be in Nashville next year and that will be a pretty good spot for him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm considering joining the #TradeDownBrigade just to freshen up some of these stale-ass arguments.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly can't believe that there are people who still think we are drafting Mariota. I like Mariota, and would love to have him, but he isn't a Lovie pick. It's going to be Winston, or Lovie will trade back and go his usual route and try to make it work with a Grossman/Orton/McCown QB. Mariota will be in Nashville next year and that will be a pretty good spot for him.

Agree with most of that. Even Stevie could see Winston is the pick. But I could see Mariota slipping a bit. To around the #5 pick or thereabouts. Tenny seems to like Mettenberger, or they could be blowing smoke. Its that season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm considering joining the #TradeDownBrigade just to freshen up some of these stale-ass arguments.

lolNever happen though. Say Lovie was game, the Glazers would never be talked into it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade down is the worst thing possible. There just isn’t a stand out player in this draft outside of the QBs IMO. Williams is over rated.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're whining about not signing Hardy, yet you would stop being a Bucs fan if we drafted Winston?  :oWas expecting someone to make a panic thread like this. People whine when we sign players and whine when we don't sign anyone. The funny thing is that we're only 7 hours in and people are acting like everyone is gone. We're actually targeting some solid second tier players and are moving away from breaking the bank on free agents, which is what we should be doing. If we bring in Carter, Wisniewski, Hardy/Sheard/Morgan, Id consider it a very successful free agency.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chace, this thread shouldn't bother you at all, dude. You should be used to crying 24-7. Of course you can't give some of us binkies to quiet down!

Well, honestly I work about 12 hours a day, and she sleeps quite a bit...so it's only about 3-4 hours a day of crying.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade down is the worst thing possible. There just isn't a stand out player in this draft outside of the QBs IMO. Williams is over rated.

Leonard is a top 3 guy. Could even go #2. But I agree, no trade down. If its not Jameis go with Mariota, but get ONE of them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade down is the worst thing possible. There just isn't a stand out player in this draft outside of the QBs IMO. Williams is over rated.

Leonard is a top 3 guy. Could even go #2. But I agree, no trade down. If its not Jameis go with Mariota, but get ONE of them.

We will. Jameis Winston will be a Buccaneer in about 50 days.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree with most of that. Even Stevie could see Winston is the pick. But I could see Mariota slipping a bit. To around the #5 pick or thereabouts. Tenny seems to like Mettenberger, or they could be blowing smoke. Its that season.

Not buying that at all. Wisenhunt got canned for not being able to replace Warner, and he tried to do it with long shot prospects like Mettenberger. This is the exact situation that the Panthers were in with Cam. They had just spent a 2nd on Clausen, but there was no way in hell they were going to pass on a talent like Cam. If Wisenhunt passes on Mariota and rolls with Mettenberger, his countdown on being fired will begin.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will. Jameis Winston will be a Buccaneer in about 50 days.

Agree. But there are a few holdouts left here. Bench and Joe to name a couple. And I think Boid is a Mariota guy, if I am not mistaken.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not buying that at all. Wisenhunt got canned for not being able to replace Warner, and he tried to do it with long shot prospects like Mettenberger. This is the exact situation that the Panthers were in with Cam. They had just spent a 2nd on Clausen, but there was no way in hell they were going to pass on a talent like Cam. If Wisenhunt passes on Mariota and rolls with Mettenberger, his countdown on being fired will begin.

Fair point. But in these cases, fans seem to forget, the owners have a big say too. Including Tampa.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We were 2-14 last year and 4-12 the year before that... Right? We are the worst team in the league and picking 1st overall.... Right? Just checking, cause we are acting like we won a (censored)ing Superbowl last year. Are we going to do anything to improve this roster? Wow.

Jesus Christ Jdub, calm the fuck down! Chris Conte is on his way to Tampa AS-WE-SPEAK....

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Carter and Irving, but they are both still young players learning the game. I hope we sign one or both because of their outstanding potential, but neither has the production or experience to be named starting Mike. Both guys would be cross your fingers and hope they earn it in OTAs and training camp type guys. At least with a guy like Lofton you'd know you have a sure fire starter on your roster. I'm just tired of having chumps off the street starting by mid season because we counted on guts to start when we shouldn't have. I'd like to see some older proven starters added to the roster and THEN cross your fingers and hope some of these younger guts step up and earn it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair point. But in these cases, fans seem to forget, the owners have a big say too. Including Tampa.

I'm not too sure about that. The Glazers aren't really meddlers. I think it's very possible that if Lovie had a "plan" to get a QB in this draft, but not necessarily at #1 overall, then the Glazers would let him do what he was hired to do. It's Lovie's team. He was brought here because the Glazers not only wanted a stable respected coach, but because they miss BucBall. They miss that defense being dominant and great. I'd be the nostalgia keeps them up at night. If Lovie has an outlined plan to have the defense dominant and an offense "good enough" to compete, then he can talk his way into any pick. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Carter and Irving, but they are both still young players learning the game. I hope we sign one or both because of their outstanding potential, but neither has the production or experience to be named starting Mike. Both guys would be cross your fingers and hope they earn it in OTAs and training camp type guys. At least with a guy like Lofton you'd know you have a sure fire starter on your roster. I'm just tired of having chumps off the street starting by mid season because we counted on guts to start when we shouldn't have. I'd like to see some older proven starters added to the roster and THEN cross your fingers and hope some of these younger guts step up and earn it.

Carter has good experience, and even Tampa 2 experience. I think he would be a great signing.  Dude is faster then hell. I believe his pro day was in the 4.3 range.  Him and Mase in a footrace would be classic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t wait to bump the hell out of this thread next winter. Sean Weatherspoon? Stupid money for a 34 NT? Curtis Lofton? The guy who blows in coverage and had a god awful PFF ranking in '14? The '13 and '14 off-seasons were fun and exciting but we got to see first hand how little that actually did for us on Sundays. There is a reason these players are allowed to reach free agency. They usually aren't worth the money they want.  I like what the Buccaneers have done so far. Re-signing depth for continuity and exploring the 2nd tier market. Morgan, Melton, Wisniewski, and Carter all seem like great fits that won't break the Buc's budget.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not too sure about that. The Glazers aren't really meddlers. I think it's very possible that if Lovie had a "plan" to get a QB in this draft, but not necessarily at #1 overall, then the Glazers would let him do what he was hired to do. It's Lovie's team. He was brought here because the Glazers not only wanted a stable respected coach, but because they miss BucBall. They miss that defense being dominant and great. I'd be the nostalgia keeps them up at night. If Lovie has an outlined plan to have the defense dominant and an offense "good enough" to compete, then he can talk his way into any pick.

But they want to sell tickets too. Which Winston will do. They spent quite a bit of time with him the other day, having dinner at Capitol Grill. Getting to know the dude.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uhhhh…We're visiting with some very solid players TBH.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't wait to bump the hell out of this thread next winter. Sean Weatherspoon? Stupid money for a 34 NT? Curtis Lofton? The guy who blows in coverage and had a god awful PFF ranking in '14? The '13 and '14 off-seasons were fun and exciting but we got to see first hand how little that actually did for us on Sundays. There is a reason these players are allowed to reach free agency. They usually aren't worth the money they want.  I like what the Buccaneers have done so far. Re-signing depth for continuity and exploring the 2nd tier market. Morgan, Melton, Wisniewski, and Carter all seem like great fits that won't break the Buc's budget.

Boo-Yah !

• Anonymous

Inactive

AJ, yep. Great athlete. Was outstanding in the underwear Olympics. That is why he was drafted do early… But he has not lived up to expectations. Even under the great Rod Marenelli he wasn’t a stand out. All raw potential with very little production at this point. Good signing, good fit, but not someone who should be handed the starting role right away.

• Anonymous

Inactive

AJ, yep. Great athlete. Was outstanding in the underwear Olympics. That is why he was drafted do early... But he has not lived up to expectations. Even under the great Rod Marenelli he wasn't a stand out. All raw potential with very little production at this point. Good signing, good fit, but not someone who should be handed the starting role right away.

Fair point.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus he is made of glass… Which is the bigger concern and probably why the Cowboys have made no attempt to resign him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus he is made of glass... Which is the bigger concern and probably why the Cowboys have made no attempt to resign him.

Where do you get made of glass?He is a good sub package inside pass rusher.  I'd kick him a few mil a year and guarantee the first.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plus he is made of glass... Which is the bigger concern and probably why the Cowboys have made no attempt to resign him.

He started 11 games in 2012Started 13 games in 2013Started 8 games last season. 2014

• Anonymous

Inactive

He started 11 games in 2012Started 13 games in 2013Started 8 games last season. 2014

Who's stats are those?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who's stats are those?

NFL.com

• chelsea1455

Participant

Hey it’s the Bucs now, they have big plans like the #1 pick in 2016 too!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be more inclined to actually take notice of a guys post, If it wasn’t the one guy who b*tches about every single move and if it wasn’t the guy who proclaimed he will stop being a Bucs fan if Winston is drafted. What do you even care JD? In 2 months you’re gone, you should be spending these days getting your bandwagon as$ on some other team’s forum.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be more inclined to actually take notice of a guys post, If it wasn't the one guy who b*tches about every single move and if it wasn't the guy who proclaimed he will stop being a Bucs fan if Winston is drafted. What do you even care JD? In 2 months you're gone, you should be spending these days getting your bandwagon as$ on some other team's forum.

JD says the same thing year after year, we all know he can't stop frequenting these boards.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who's stats are those?

NFL.com

No, what player?  I thought JDouble was talking about Melton.

• Anonymous

Inactive

calm down man and take a deep breath.  its just a game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really didn’t expect the Bucs to be too active in free agency this year.Judging by the players they are bringing in, I am expecting them to shore up the defense in free agency and draft mostly offense again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be more inclined to actually take notice of a guys post, If it wasn't the one guy who b*tches about every single move and if it wasn't the guy who proclaimed he will stop being a Bucs fan if Winston is drafted. What do you even care JD? In 2 months you're gone, you should be spending these days getting your bandwagon as$ on some other team's forum.

JD says the same thing year after year, we all know he can't stop frequenting these boards.

He overvalues his own opinion so much that he needs to make thread after thread as if this board needs a place to discuss how he's feeling. From everything to the draft, to free agency, to even the uniforms, he claims to know better than the organization and everybody else, and when enough people disagree he throws a temper tantrum and clicks the log off button as hard as his mouse will let him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t overvalue my own opinion. That is ridiculous. My opinion is clearly superior and simply undervalued by the riff raff that frequent these boards. Instead of complaining, you simple folk should be thanking me for all of my gracious contributions.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I for one am glad the Bucs sat out the silly session this year. Get more value guys in FA, build through the draft. Thats the only way we end the misery. B_qj1D0XAAA0QFo.jpg

• Anonymous

Inactive

Instead of complaining, you simple folk should be thanking me for all of my gracious contributions.

true.  We only have about 6 weeks left.

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR needs to upgrade their GoDaddy hosting account to the $19/month option.

this made me laugh.I saw it coming, been getting slower and slower since last week as we approached FA Tuesday

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't overvalue my own opinion. That is ridiculous. My opinion is clearly superior and simply undervalued by the riff raff that frequent these boards. Instead of complaining, you simple folk should be thanking me for all of my gracious contributions.

Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to see us sign Carter, Hardy, and resign Clayborn who I believe is better than any other DE they are likely to bring in here other than Hardy. I really wanted a Guard or OT in FA but there are none left. I still don't know who our left tackle is going to be or our right guard. We can go hard in the draft but starting two rookie linemen protecting a rookie QB is giving me visions of David Carr.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We were 2-14 last year and 4-12 the year before that... Right? We are the worst team in the league and picking 1st overall.... Right? Just checking, cause we are acting like we won a (censored)ing Superbowl last year. Are we going to do anything to improve this roster? Wow. Also, PR.... Your new site is still slow as hell with the slightest increase in traffic. Good job.

And a bunch of FA that other teams let go are going to help us out? The Bucs coming off a 2-14 season should NOT look to build through FA

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to see us sign Carter, Hardy, and resign Clayborn who I believe is better than any other DE they are likely to bring in here other than Hardy. I really wanted a Guard or OT in FA but there are none left. I still don't know who our left tackle is going to be or our right guard. We can go hard in the draft but starting two rookie linemen protecting a rookie QB is giving me visions of David Carr.

there was no LT in free agency though. Those guys don't hit free agency often.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We were 2-14 last year and 4-12 the year before that... Right? We are the worst team in the league and picking 1st overall.... Right? Just checking, cause we are acting like we won a (censored)ing Superbowl last year. Are we going to do anything to improve this roster? Wow. Also, PR.... Your new site is still slow as hell with the slightest increase in traffic. Good job.

And a bunch of FA that other teams let go are going to help us out? The Bucs coming off a 2-14 season should NOT look to build through FA

Precisely.

• Anonymous

Inactive

there was no LT in free agency though. Those guys don't hit free agency often.

Understood. Still doesn't fill our hole. Is it a given now that LT will be the Round 2 pick? I don't see how it CAN'T be.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if there is one who falls its a better option than wasting it on a MLB. I don’t see one being there, more than likely an OG.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Greg Hardy is ok but Winston is a POS and should not be drafted...makes sense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey, if we come away with Wisniewski and Bruce Carter, then maybe Melton for 3 tech rotation, I’d call this a very successful free agency for the Bucs.  No need for us to get carried away with overpaying for big name guys on this 2-14 teamWisniewski means NFL caliber starting o-line guys at 4/5 of the positions.  Not even the top teams have 5/5 "ballers" on the o-line.  That should be good enough to give Winston (I'm a Mariota fan, but let's be real, its Winston) a chance to get the ball to our beast WR's.Carter goes to SLB, and I think Lansanah is athletic enough to play MLB.  David stays at the will.  I think that's a solid group.Resign AC and get Melton and our D-Line Rotation looks like: AC/Smith/Johnson/EnglishMcCoy/McDonald/Melton/SpenceIDK, looks like the makings of a competitive team.  And that's without the other 6 rookies we'll add too.  Maybe a MLB?  Maybe a nickel?IDK, don't panic just yet yall

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't overvalue my own opinion. That is ridiculous. My opinion is clearly superior and simply undervalued by the riff raff that frequent these boards. Instead of complaining, you simple folk should be thanking me for all of my gracious contributions.

I think you forgot the blue font.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop using common sense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What games are you watching? Lofton is no MIKE for this team, and neither is Bruce Carter. We have had arguably the worst OC situation in the NFL over the last 3-5 seasons, and yet we've never failed to pick on Lofton in pass coverage. He simply can't get it down in a Tampa-2. I think we need to upgrade from Foster, and yet I'd still take Foster 10 times out of 10 ahead of Lofton in this defense,Carter was an ILB in Wade's 3-4. He was a SAM and occasional WILL under Kiffin/Marinelli. The book on him even back at UNC is that he's high on athleticism, low on instincts, and that's not what you want in a MIKE here. Here's longtime NFL Scout Bryan Broaddus (covers the Cowboys now): "I believe that the best spot for Carter is to stay on that strong side. It is more of a natural position for him to have to play because he can physically just handle things right at him. There really is no thinking with him at this position it is all about reaction and power which we all know is the strength of his game."Here's PFF: "Carter's best plays in coverage came in short zones last year and he struggled at times when forced to run down the middle of the field, a necessary requirement to play in the middle in the Tampa-2."I think Carter is a really good option for this team, but he's a starting SAM, backup WILL, not a MIKE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What games are you watching? Lofton is no MIKE for this team, and neither is Bruce Carter. We have had arguably the worst OC situation in the NFL over the last 3-5 seasons, and yet we've never failed to pick on Lofton in pass coverage. He simply can't get it down in a Tampa-2. I think we need to upgrade from Foster, and yet I'd still take Foster 10 times out of 10 ahead of Lofton in this defense,Carter was an ILB in Wade's 3-4. He was a SAM and occasional WILL under Kiffin/Marinelli. The book on him even back at UNC is that he's high on athleticism, low on instincts, and that's not what you want in a MIKE here. Here's longtime NFL Scout Bryan Broaddus (covers the Cowboys now): "I believe that the best spot for Carter is to stay on that strong side. It is more of a natural position for him to have to play because he can physically just handle things right at him. There really is no thinking with him at this position it is all about reaction and power which we all know is the strength of his game."Here's PFF: "Carter's best plays in coverage came in short zones last year and he struggled at times when forced to run down the middle of the field, a necessary requirement to play in the middle in the Tampa-2."I think Carter is a really good option for this team, but he's a starting SAM, backup WILL, not a MIKE.

Good insight...makes you wonder why Dallas is letting him walk....

• kenminio

Participant

Hmmm, I was under the impression that when your words were put in to text, that it was always written in red ink... Must be thinking of someone else.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is a bit fragile, but it's not true that they aren't trying to keep him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good insight...makes you wonder why Dallas is letting him walk....

I've got a friend who is a hardcore Cowboy fan. They'd like him back from what I understand but they don't think they can afford him - they don't have a lot of cap room (5th worst situation in the NFL)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who's stats are those?

NFL.com

No, what player?  I thought JDouble was talking about Melton.

Bruce Carter. Sure he has missed time, but made of glass might be a bit overstating it. Who hasn't missed games? IIRC, Gerald missed a few last season. Carter started 32 out of 48 games the last 3 seasons.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Lmao. DJ would have a field day with this BS.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea that you can’t get better through FA is a delusion created by losers. Lots of losers here, so it’s understandable why so many buy in. Reality is every year you have the Kool aid drinking morons that attack anyone who calls out the regime bad decisions.... But every year the regime makes horrible decisions and we continue to be a joke. So maybe this will be the year that we are quietly making all the right moves and it only appears we are clueless, but history paints a different picture.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea that you can't get better through FA is a delusion created by losers. Lots of losers here, so it's understandable why so many buy in. Reality is every year you have the Kool aid drinking morons that attack anyone who calls out the regime bad decisions.... But every year the regime makes horrible decisions and we continue to be a joke. So maybe this will be the year that we are quietly making all the right moves and it only appears we are clueless, but history paints a different picture.

YOU LET THOSE KOOL-AID DRINKING LOSERS KNOW WHAT'S UP JDOUBLE. HEY WHEN ARE YOU DOING YOUR FABULOUS FIFTY POST? YOU SHOULD GET THAT SUCKER STARTED BEFORE THE DRAFT SO THAT THE BUCS HAVE TIME TO CONSULT IT.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea that you can't get better through FA is a delusion created by losers. Lots of losers here, so it's understandable why so many buy in. Reality is every year you have the Kool aid drinking morons that attack anyone who calls out the regime bad decisions.... But every year the regime makes horrible decisions and we continue to be a joke. So maybe this will be the year that we are quietly making all the right moves and it only appears we are clueless, but history paints a different picture.

Coming from the guy wanted Curtis Lofton here. The history shows what you want doesn't freaking work. We've done it year after year and guess what? We still suck. Guess who also does it? The Raiders, Jags, and other terrible teams and they are still terrible. Go ahead and look at the top teams, how many big time FAs are they signing year after year? Hey, were the losers for not seeing your way is the future. Nothing says winning games like Curtis Lofton getting burned by anyone and everyone down the middle of the field.

• Anonymous

Inactive

YOU LET THOSE KOOL-AID DRINKING LOSERS KNOW WHAT'S UP JDOUBLE. HEY WHEN ARE YOU DOING YOUR FABULOUS FIFTY POST? YOU SHOULD GET THAT SUCKER STARTED BEFORE THE DRAFT SO THAT THE BUCS HAVE TIME TO CONSULT IT.

Now that's funny. We will just wait until we draft Winston and all us losers will not be able to bask in his infinite GM knowledge.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought we were having friendly banter. What happened?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am sorry, I went a little over in my response to his loser response.

• Anonymous

Inactive

lolEveryone is stressed out about not signing 15 free agents by now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What happened was, someone missed their nap today. It's one thing to complain and it's another to always think that your right all the time. People don't have a delusion of getting better through free agency, it's that there is a bigger backlash when players don't perform up to their large contracts. There is still a draft to be had and a lot of the problems that the Bucs have can be fixed through the draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My opinion is clearly superior and simply undervalued by the riff raff that frequent these boards. Instead of complaining, you simple folk should be thanking me for all of my gracious contributions.

Quite possibly the whiniest, douchiest cry for attention I've seen on these boards in a long time...

• Anonymous

Inactive

My opinion is clearly superior and simply undervalued by the riff raff that frequent these boards. Instead of complaining, you simple folk should be thanking me for all of my gracious contributions.

Quite possibly the whiniest, douchiest cry for attention I've seen on these boards in a long time...

The Chad Spann megathread trumps this, but not by much.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just spit out my kool aid in laughter, so let me get this straight you know so much about football talent evaluation that you're wasting said talent by being an anonymous whiny cry baby on an internet message board?get over yourself or simply do what you already threatened to do and stop being a Buccaneers fan because they aren't drafting who you want them to draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The post was in jest. I was simply being the ideological self obsessed know it all so many of you try to paint me as being…. And it went right over many heads…. Because this board is full of morons.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The post was in jest. I was simply being the ideological self obsessed know it all so many of you try to paint me as being.... And it went right over many heads.... Because this board is full of morons.

I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING. IT'S LIKE, J. SWIFT WASN'T REALLY PROPOSING THAT THEY ACTUALLY EAT ALL THE IRISH BABIES. HE WAS JUST MODESTLY PROPOSING SOMETHING TO SHOW PEOPLE THEY WERE IDIOTS. WELL DONE, NOW GET THAT FANTASTIC FIFTY POST OUT

• Anonymous

Inactive

The post was in jest. I was simply being the ideological self obsessed know it all so many of you try to paint me as being.... And it went right over many heads.... Because this board is full of morons.

I KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING. IT'S LIKE, J. SWIFT WASN'T REALLY PROPOSING THAT THEY ACTUALLY EAT ALL THE IRISH BABIES. HE WAS JUST MODESTLY PROPOSING SOMETHING TO SHOW PEOPLE THEY WERE IDIOTS. WELL DONE, NOW GET THAT FANTASTIC FIFTY POST OUT

Easily becoming my favorite poster here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I AM GOING TO POST IN ALL CAPS FROM NOW ON TOO! I THINK IT IS SO TOTALLY COOL!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Easily becoming my favorite poster here.

PEOPLE KEEP ASKING WHY I AM SHOUTING. I WANT TO ASK THEM WHY EVERYONE IS WHISPERING. TRUTH.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The idea that you can't get better through FA is a delusion created by losers.

Name one person who said that you can't get better through FA as a whole.No one. Every team makes FA moves of some kind. What people are saying is that making 3-4 splash moves out of the gate rarely translates to much success. That's a fact.We get it. The Bucs haven't signed the 4-5 players that you wanted them to sign within a few hours of  the FA gun being fired. Let's just try not to call people idiots because their knee doesn't jerk at quite the same velocity as yours... k?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I AM GOING TO POST IN ALL CAPS FROM NOW ON TOO! I THINK IT IS SO TOTALLY COOL!

SOME MIGHT THINK YOU ARE CASTING PEARLS BEFORE SWINE. BUT YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THE VALUE IN ELEVATING THOSE BENEATH US. I DON'T WANT TO SAY THAT YOU AND I ARE MESSIAHS, EXACTLY. BUT IT MAY BE THE CLOSEST WORD TO DESCRIBE US IN THE PRESENCE OF THESE KOOL-AID SWILLING GOOBERS

• Anonymous

Inactive

. Because this board is full of morons.

You're a shining example...lately

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are we all friends again? Good. Let’s Go Bucs!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Lmao. DJ would have a field day with this BS.

I know right?!?  Can't we start a petition to bring him back for this thread alone at the very least....

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly JDub, it's gonna be a long season.  Take a deep breath, bump your Aaron Donald thread and step away for a few minutes.  Don't flame out like you did during the draft last year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly JDub, it's gonna be a long season.  Take a deep breath, bump your Aaron Donald thread and step away for a few minutes.  Don't flame out like you did during the draft last year.

disagree.  You probably only have a few more weeks here.  Give it as much as you got.

• Anonymous

Inactive

damn some of yall are just mean

• Anonymous

Inactive

damn some of yall are just mean

JDouble brings it on himself though, acting like you are the smartest person in the room and throwing hissy fits and insulting other posters by calling them morons because we disagree with you means you get exactly what you deserve.I'm just waiting for the Bucs to draft Winston so he can flame out and become a Dolphins fan because I hear they are signing Curtis Lofton which according to JDouble is the missing piece at MLB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I DON’T MEAN TO COME OFF AS THE SMARTEST ONE IN THE ROOM. I’M JUST NOT VERY GOOD AT HIDING MY SUPERIOR INTELLIGENCE OR DUMBING IT DOWN FOR YOU REDBOARD RIFF RAFF. I’LL TRY HARDER.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I DON'T MEAN TO COME OFF AS THE SMARTEST ONE IN THE ROOM. I'M JUST NOT VERY GOOD AT HIDING MY SUPERIOR INTELLIGENCE OR DUMBING IT DOWN FOR YOU REDBOARD RIFF RAFF. I'LL TRY HARDER.

.NOW YOU'RE COOKING WITH GAS.  NOW TALK AGAIN HOW LOFTON WOULD BE A GREAT FIT IN THE TAMPA TWO OR WHY YOU WOULD SIGN HARDY BUT NOT DRAFT WINSTON.  BUT USE SMALL, SIMPLE WORDS SO THAT THE COMMONERS CAN UNDERSTAND.

• Anonymous

Inactive

disagree.  You probably only have a few more weeks here.  Give it as much as you got.

Lol...one can only hope

• Anonymous

Inactive

I DON'T MEAN TO COME OFF AS THE SMARTEST ONE IN THE ROOM. I'M JUST NOT VERY GOOD AT HIDING MY SUPERIOR INTELLIGENCE OR DUMBING IT DOWN FOR YOU REDBOARD RIFF RAFF. I'LL TRY HARDER.

.NOW YOU'RE COOKING WITH GAS.  NOW TALK AGAIN HOW LOFTON WOULD BE A GREAT FIT IN THE TAMPA TWO OR WHY YOU WOULD SIGN HARDY BUT NOT DRAFT WINSTON.  BUT USE SMALL, SIMPLE WORDS SO THAT THE COMMONERS CAN UNDERSTAND.

LOFTON AND FOSTER HAVE WEAKNESSES, BUT ARE PROVEN STARTERS... WHICH IS BETTER THAN ROLLING WITH ORIE LEMON OR SOME SCRUB OFF THE STREET ALL SEASON. HARDY IS A NASTY PASS RUSHER, NOT A QUARTERBACK, NOT THE FACE OF OUR FRANCHISE, AND HE DOESN'T COST THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. THERE ALSO ISN'T A BETTER VERSION AVAILABLE. PRETTY SIMPLE STUFF. AT LEAST 40% OF THIS BOARD SHOULD GRASP IT.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOFTON AND FOSTER HAVE WEAKNESSES, BUT ARE PROVEN STARTERS... WHICH IS BETTER THAN ROLLING WITH ORIE LEMON OR SOME SCRUB OFF THE STREET ALL SEASON. HARDY IS A NASTY PASS RUSHER, NOT A QUARTERBACK, NOT THE FACE OF OUR FRANCHISE, AND HE DOESN'T COST THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. THERE ALSO ISN'T A BETTER VERSION AVAILABLE. PRETTY SIMPLE STUFF. AT LEAST 40% OF THIS BOARD SHOULD GRASP IT.

AWESOME RESPONSE, I CAN DIG IT. JUST A QUICK FOLLOW UP FOR YOU, IF I MAY.1. HEY THOSE WEAKNESSES FOR BOTH FOSTER AND LOFTON - WOULD THOSE BE PASS COVERAGE RESPONSIBILITIES IN A COVER TWO BY ANY CHANCE?  2. I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE A FAN OF EMERSON TOO.  YOU KNOW, FOOLISH CONSISTENCIES, HOBGOBLINS, LIL MINDS, ALL THAT SORT OF THING?  ANYWAY, JUST AS LONG AS YOU'VE GOT IT FIGURED OUT IN A WAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU, WE'RE ALL GOOD.3. 40%? DOUBT IT. NOT WITH THIS GROUP I THINK IT'S MORE LIKE  oh God sorry everyone, I'm just seeing how obnoxious this all caps thing is.  I only did it to make Runole stop, and here J Diggity is picking it up.  Hoisted by my own petard and all that. Just standard typing conventions for me from here on out, I promise.

• Joeht

Participant

Yet you can't grasp the fact that Mariota completed 53% of his passes on NFL style reads. Or the fact that Oregon runs the same play over and over again, for instance against FSU in their 81 snaps they ran the same play 51 times. You're distracted by big shinny stats, and don't know what you are looking at

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet you can't grasp the fact that Mariota completed 53% of his passes on NFL style reads. Or the fact that Oregon runs the same play over and over again, for instance against FSU in their 81 snaps they ran the same play 51 times. You're distracted by big shinny stats, and don't know what you are looking at

You are a liar. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/52722/349/2015s-quarterback-conundrum

• Masterchief

Participant

Hey, if we come away with Wisniewski and Bruce Carter, then maybe Melton for 3 tech rotation, I'd call this a very successful free agency for the Bucs.  No need for us to get carried away with overpaying for big name guys on this 2-14 teamWisniewski means NFL caliber starting o-line guys at 4/5 of the positions.  Not even the top teams have 5/5 "ballers" on the o-line.  That should be good enough to give Winston (I'm a Mariota fan, but let's be real, its Winston) a chance to get the ball to our beast WR's.Carter goes to SLB, and I think Lansanah is athletic enough to play MLB.  David stays at the will.  I think that's a solid group.Resign AC and get Melton and our D-Line Rotation looks like: AC/Smith/Johnson/EnglishMcCoy/McDonald/Melton/SpenceIDK, looks like the makings of a competitive team.  And that's without the other 6 rookies we'll add too.  Maybe a MLB?  Maybe a nickel?IDK, don't panic just yet yall

Throw in a couple early draft picks on the OL with that shiny new quarterback. Grab your sunglasses, the future is bright. 8)

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is interesting to see the Bucs focusing so much on defense through free agency.  Still, I don’t buy that the draft will once again be an all offense draft.  But a QB +OL seems more likely now.Just have to wait and see if anymore signings happen by tonight.

• Anonymous

Inactive

AWESOME RESPONSE, I CAN DIG IT. JUST A QUICK FOLLOW UP FOR YOU, IF I MAY.1. HEY THOSE WEAKNESSES FOR BOTH FOSTER AND LOFTON - WOULD THOSE BE PASS COVERAGE RESPONSIBILITIES IN A COVER TWO BY ANY CHANCE?  2. I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE A FAN OF EMERSON TOO.  YOU KNOW, FOOLISH CONSISTENCIES, HOBGOBLINS, LIL MINDS, ALL THAT SORT OF THING?  ANYWAY, JUST AS LONG AS YOU'VE GOT IT FIGURED OUT IN A WAY THAT WORKS FOR YOU, WE'RE ALL GOOD.3. 40%? DOUBT IT. NOT WITH THIS GROUP I THINK IT'S MORE LIKE  oh God sorry everyone, I'm just seeing how obnoxious this all caps thing is.  I only did it to make Runole stop, and here J Diggity is picking it up.  Hoisted by my own petard and all that. Just standard typing conventions for me from here on out, I promise.

Damn, just when I was starting to get a kick out of your shtick , its over.

• Anonymous

Inactive

HARDY IS A NASTY PASS RUSHER, NOT A QUARTERBACK, NOT THE FACE OF OUR FRANCHISE, AND HE DOESN'T COST THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. THERE ALSO ISN'T A BETTER VERSION AVAILABLE.

Holy crap, you want Hardy? You are such a huge hypocrite. LOL, can't wait for you to follow through on your promise to leave the forum. You are the worst!

• Anonymous

Inactive

HARDY IS A NASTY PASS RUSHER, NOT A QUARTERBACK, NOT THE FACE OF OUR FRANCHISE, AND HE DOESN'T COST THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. THERE ALSO ISN'T A BETTER VERSION AVAILABLE.

Holy crap, you want Hardy? You are such a huge hypocrite. LOL, can't wait for you to follow through on your promise to leave the forum. You are the worst!

I can vouch for guys sayin they are leaving is BS.  Ask Rodney about our bet. Or whatever username he is using these days.

• Joeht

Participant

You are a liar. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/52722/349/2015s-quarterback-conundrum

How am I a liar. Do you get the difference between a pro style concept, and a gimmick play? The only thing Mariota has to read and anticipate in those plays is alignment.

Viewing 186 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.