Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 89 reply threads

• Author

• warrenfb12

Participant

Regardless of where you stand on Winston/Mariota, here is the bigger concern and the action I think the Glazer boys should make if they truly are savy businessmen who want to win.Does anyone think Lovie Smith will get this right? Seriously, what is your confidence level in that? Does anyone trust Lovie to :1.) Select a good OC 2.) What will Lovie do with the #1 overall pick? To me, I seriously doubt, if Lovie Smith is the HC, he will draft a QB. He has been preaching Glennon as his QB of the future all season. IMHO, he will use that pick for a LT or DT/DE. 3.) If Lovie does decide to go QB, how bad will his poorly selected OC and his mentality toward offense bungle another young potential franchise QB?To me the only move that makes sense is this:Fire Lovie now. Some may think that change and inconsistency continues to be a problem for our franchise, and one year is not enough. We have an opportunity that might not come around again for some time. This is a year where we could get a good offensive mind in here with a high pick and some talent, and allow this offensive guy (the best will want to be HC and not OC), to draft the QB he wants and build his system around said HC.I firmly believe Lovie will screw this up one way or another...

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hire the best possible OC with serious head coaching potential and tell him the number one overall pick is his to make.Lovie can be the head coach but i dont want him making the call who are QB will be.If we can hire Darell Bevell tho.. i would tell Lovie to kick rocks completely.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hire the best possible OC with serious head coaching potential and tell him the number one overall pick is his to make.Lovie can be the head coach but i dont want him making the call who are QB will be.If we can hire Darell Bevell tho.. i would tell Lovie to kick rocks completely.

My point exactly, Bevell will not want to come here to be OC. But HC, that is a different story.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m all for firing Lovie.  I completely agree that it’s the correct move.  I doubt the Glazers have the stones to do it though. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hire the best possible OC with serious head coaching potential and tell him the number one overall pick is his to make.

This. The fact that we are in desperate need of a real OC and will most likely have the #1 overall pick is a match made in heaven. That OC will most likely get his pick of Mariota, Winston, a top LT, an Evans/Cooper combo. Our offense is Garbage. You go ask the top OC candidate "Who do you want?"If the OC search drags on and we end up settling, that tells me Lovie insists on pulling the strings and I'll be very concerned.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has no choice but to pick a QB if we have the number 1 pick. Licht is the GM anyway so its not like he doesnt exist. Licht is the one drafting in my opinion. I know lovie can overrule him but if he tries to overrule him on taking a QB then I think that conversation will go right to the owners office. So dont worry about lovie drafting at pick 1. Now fixing the offense is another story. If we take Mariota, then we better hope this new OC is real good and has full control.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm all for firing Lovie.  I completely agree that it's the correct move.  I doubt the Glazers have the stones to do it though.

I agree but I'll also say nothing is a guarantee with the Glazers. As much I as wanted Gruden gone, I was shocked when we did let him go. Ppl always talk about how the Glazers wouldn't pay x number of coaches. Well they did it before so its not impossible. I think no one would question their commitment if they were to somehow fire Lovie and get D. Bevell. To me he is the best out there. Or maybe snag San Fran's OC after the fall out.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has no choice but to pick a QB if we have the number 1 pick. Licht is the GM anyway so its not like he doesnt exist. Licht is the one drafting in my opinion. I know lovie can overrule him but if he tries to overrule him on taking a QB then I think that conversation will go right to the owners office. So dont worry about lovie drafting at pick 1. Now fixing the offense is another story. If we take Mariota, then we better hope this new OC is real good and has full control.

This +1The Glazers are not going to pass up a chance at Mariota or Winston ($$$$$$ ticket sales).

• Anonymous

Inactive

The closer we get to 2-14, the more I think there is a realistic chance he is gone.  Tedford leaving doesn’t affect how crappy our special teams and defense are. It would not surprise me if the Glazers truly don’t trust Lovie to select/develop/use a #1 overall QB.  Picking up an innovative offensive HC, and drafting a top QB prospect may be just the thing to excite a dwindling fanbase.. My opinion anyway..

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate Bevell’s offense.  Never have been or will be a fan of his play calling.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The closer we get to 2-14, the more I think there is a realistic chance he is gone.  Tedford leaving doesn't affect how crappy our special teams and defense are. It would not surprise me if the Glazers truly don't trust Lovie to select/develop/use a #1 overall QB.  Picking up an innovative offensive HC, and drafting a top QB prospect may be just the thing to excite a dwindling fanbase.. My opinion anyway..

The fan base is definitely dwindling but nothing cures that better than a new QB looking good and some wins. A nice plan to re-energize tampa football would be to get the QB, invenst into Oline like crazy, and sign Peterson for a year or 2. Get this offense going.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t like the hire in the first place…But, at some point in time, you have to stop pounding the reset button.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't like the hire in the first place...But, at some point in time, you have to stop pounding the reset button.

Keep for the sake of keeping him?  He's worthless and the game has passed him by.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was it "coach speak" or do you think there is truth in L&L's comments about "if we don't agree on a player, that player is removed from the board"?Moe, Larry and Shemp have continually f'ed this franchise with the hirings of Raheem, Schiano, and Lovie. I don't expect them to step in and force anything, so if it's true that if Lovie and Licht don't agree, that player is removed, I could see them trading back to get more picks to bolster both lines.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was it "coach speak" or do you think there is truth in L&L's comments about "if we don't agree on a player, that player is removed from the board"?Moe, Larry and Shemp have continually f'ed this franchise with the hirings of Raheem, Schiano, and Lovie. I don't expect them to step in and force anything, so if it's true that if Lovie and Licht don't agree, that player is removed, I could see them trading back to get more picks to bolster both lines.

agreed, this is what will happen if Lovie is still the HC. Or they will select top LT, DT, DE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate Bevell's offense.  Never have been or will be a fan of his play calling.

He is HIGHLY over-rated...they win despite his play-calling not because of it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

At some point we cant just keep changing head coaches it just a waste. They will come in clean out guys that dont fit their system and we are back at square one every year. Plus the glazes aren’t going to pay 3 head coaches at the same time. L ovie isn’t going anywhere. I hate how horrible this team but we would probably be horrible with any head coach because the roster is horrible.Dont need change just for the sake of change. We roll with love one more year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everything about lovie is a lie. His so called change, how HE wanted to sit out a year, Glennon is the future, etc, etc.He was lucky he had the team he did in Chicago. Unfortunately for them, he probably held them back, more than helped. There is a good reason why DA bears ownership didn't want lovie having full control,and we have seen why.He tore up the roster, just to place expensively bad players in their place. Quite a coincidence that most schiano/raheem players got canned, then went elsewhere to make careers for themselves. Revis, zuttah, Penn, and wright have all played better than their replacements here have.We haven't even talked about scheme either. Which IS outdated, not to mention, boring as hell. HIS offense, not Telford's. Boring just like the bears offense was. Then we talk about his defense, where he should concentrate his efforts. Well, he JUST got beaten by a washed up backup qb for the second time. That does NOT indicate ANY type of improvement. It means its the same defense as the first Carolina game, where we were at home.It is NOT justified to use the term continuity, as no one in their right mind should believe it would get much better, or should want this tyoe of continuation. Might as well hire a person to fart in your face, and ask them to keep doing it.His inability to change, or his ego, or both, will be doom for the bucs. And IF the glazers keep him next season, it will get worse and the next hc will have to clean up two years of fa/draft/scheme blunders.Firing him now is benifitial, and definitely needs to be considered by the Glazers. One more year of this crap, might just lead to four more years of rebuilding.

• billym

Participant

Agree 100%Even if Lovie is lukewarm on selecting a QB #1, the Glazers will step in and "encourage" him to make the selection.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree 100%Even if Lovie is lukewarm on selecting a QB #1, the Glazers will step in and "encourage" him to make the selection.

Their "encourage" approach backfires... far too often.

• Anonymous

Inactive

When have they encouraged anyone to do anything??They can't encourage themselves into going to their own games, and you want hem to encourage lovie on a qb?Fiddlesticks and gobbledeegook I tell you!

• billym

Participant

When have they encouraged anyone to do anything??They can't encourage themselves into going to their own games, and you want hem to encourage lovie on a qb?Fiddlesticks and gobbledeegook I tell you!

LOLThey want to sell tickets, I think we can all agree on that?Drafting a QB #1 solves that problem. Maybe they give Lovie a choice of the 2, but they will be drafting a QB with the first pick, IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

The minute Lovie passes on a QB number one overall with 2 worthy guys available, is when the countdown to the end of his head coaching career starts.Unless he pulls a diamond QB from his ass, he won't be able to survive that.

• billym

Participant

The minute Lovie passes on a QB number one overall with 2 worthy guys available, is when the countdown to the end of his head coaching career starts.Unless he pulls a diamond QB from his ass, he won't be able to survive that.

I don't believe it gets too that point.  The Glazers will make sure one of them is drafted #1.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They wanted Gruden to draft a QB and when he said no, they fired him.  Either outcome with Lovie will be fine with me.

• billym

Participant

They wanted Gruden to draft a QB and when he said no, they fired him.  Either outcome with Lovie will be fine with me.

Right on.  And put yourself in Lovies shoes. They say draft the QB or its hasta la vista baby.What is Lovie going to do? Walk? I doubt it. He may not be too happy about it, but he will play along to save his job. He is getting older now, this could be his last NFL opportunity.IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't believe it gets too that point.  The Glazers will make sure one of them is drafted #1.

Then good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see him draft a DT, then sign Brian Hoyer. I do agree that if he passes on the QB and we witness this hot mess on offense again next year, there is no way he makes it past next season as HC.But firmly believe he should not be here next year and will not draft a QB with our 1st round pick, unfortunately.

• billym

Participant

Then good.

I believe that 100%.  No way the Glazers let this opportunity slip by. Fans like to rip them every step of the way. But like it or not, they are big time businessmen, and know what they need to do to sell tickets. Which is the bottom line for them.Now if Lovie owned the team? Different story.

• billym

Participant

I could see him draft a DT, then sign Brian Hoyer. I do agree that if he passes on the QB and we witness this hot mess on offense again next year, there is no way he makes it past next season as HC.But firmly believe he should not be here next year and will not draft a QB with our 1st round pick, unfortunately.

The Glazers will not allow that to happen.  IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Glazers will not allow that to happen.  IMO

I hope you are right. I also think that if I owned the franchise, I wouldn't allow that to happen either. However, I could see understand somebody making an argument for hiring a coach/gm and letting them coach/gm. Just have a bad feeling, hoping to be wrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s the colored water talkin’…

• Anonymous

Inactive