Viewing 46 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

The offensive guard position for the Buccaneers is one of a handful of unsettled depth charts, but rookie draft pick Kadeem Edwards is throwing his hat in the ring for the starter’s role, and thinks he can earn it before September. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9819

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember when Bowers said he was going to get 15 sacks about a year ago? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn't that actually Schiano, or did Bowers say something to that extent too?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Yeah Bowers said it too .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to my recollection, it was Schiano and the expectation was 'double digits'. If Bowers said it, well......shame on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe he was eluding to his new job bagging groceries at Publix after he gets cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid the guy has confidence and sets lofty goals for himself. This place is abound of assholes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

here’s to hoping our other draft picks say “yeah, I doubt I even get on the practice squad”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid the guy has confidence and sets lofty goals for himself. This place is abound of **CENSORED**s.

True that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God forbid the guy has confidence and sets lofty goals for himself. This place is abound of **CENSORED**s.

True that.

And just so the quoting doesnt jack up the meaning of this.. Im referring to Edwards.. not Bowers.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Put in work Kadeem . We need you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As an “Edwards” myself..don’t let me down!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to my recollection, it was Schiano and the expectation was 'double digits'. If Bowers said it, well......shame on him.

It was both Bowers and Schiano who said it publicly. Dom may have as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

R. Kelly thought he could fly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2 gone.....1 soon to follow!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Normally I'd agree with you, but the guy is consistently reported as out of shape. I have no problem with confidence as long as there's some substance behind it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always thought that was one of the good things about Schiano. He said something like that but after 1 week of seeing him suck at practice he demoted him, regardless of his bold claim. Lots of coaches would take way to long to demote someone/promote someone but Schiano had a good eye for how players are performing. He came in and saw instantly that Trueblood was garbage, and saw that Freeman was not cutting it. The new regime seems to be doing a good job at that as well which is very good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Normally I'd agree with you, but the guy is consistently reported as out of shape. I have no problem with confidence as long as there's some substance behind it.

Great, but as I posted this was not about Bowers...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great, but as I posted this was not about Bowers...

Thank you for the clarification, lol. I have no issues with Kadeem's statement so long as he puts the work in. God knows we need a guard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rolling de’s into coverage will never net 15 sacks. And you’re damn sure not gaining 15 sacks with bum knee.Schiano was a retard.Also, we've seen this attitude before, and fail, but this is a different player and imo, attitude goes a long way to make a better player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he does beat out Meredith. If he cant beat him out he should not be starting anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he does beat out Meredith. If he cant beat him out he should not be starting anyway.

Who knows, maybe Meredith has taken advantage off the opportunity this offseason and is starting caliber now. I know if I were him, I would have worked harder than ever before because being resigned as a starter in the future will take him from half a million dollar man to a multi millionaire

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

It’s Nicks at 75% he needs to beat out. Odds are against him ever getting healthy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My point was:  talk is cheap.  I don’t have a problem with Edwards having confidence or wanting to be a starter.  He wouldn’t be worth a damn if he didn’t.  Just keep your mouth shut and earn it on the field. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RIght.  All this bravado helps the fans get excited for the season but they mean bupkis. I think about the Lions fans every year and how every off-season it’s “how can you cover Megatron and Fairley and Suh will be dominant…………blah, blah, blah, blah.”  I’m glad the guy is excited about the opportunity but his words mean very little.  I hope we quietly dominate the fall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who knows, maybe Meredith has taken advantage off the opportunity this offseason and is starting caliber now. I know if I were him, I would have worked harder than ever before because being resigned as a starter in the future will take him from half a million dollar man to a multi millionaire

I dont doubt that Meredith would like for that to happen but I question why the light hasn't clicked on yet after 5 years in the NFL. I can see some of his issues may have been with the crappy coaching but he does miss a lot of blocks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Obligatory machismo from the rookie.  Cool, fine, good.  Time to hit the sled and make a name for yourself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meredith was the 2nd best OL last year.He isn't beating out Meredith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree they see something there judging by how quickly we resigned Meredith and the fact we didn't reach to draft a Guard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree they see something there judging by how quickly we resigned Meredith and the fact we didn't reach to draft a Guard.

Meredith was the one that paved the way for James and Rainey on those iso runs last season.  Meredith isn't that good of a left guard but he can fill in, but he is a natural mauling right guard.  Big question mark is left guard and Edwards simply projects as a replacement at RG for Meredith in the future IMO.  Patrick Omameh is the front runner to earn a starting spot at LG if Nicks can't go because Cousins is simply below average at left or right guard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good.  He has every reason to kick some ass.  Much better statement than "its going to take me a year to start"I do like this guys attitude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one he was worse than is Dotson and the others that he was better than have all been released with some not even on a NFL roster currently.  Tallest midget maybe?Meredith has played well in spot duty but not in extended play. Rank Meredith with the recent acquisitions and he might be the 6th or 7th best OL on the team but certainly no better than 5th.  I said the same thing with Bostad (sp) last year, maybe this year they help him perform well all the time.  But at least this year there is some new blood and he won't win by default. He is going to have to earn it this year.  I think the OL is the biggest question mark on the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meredith is fine if he is the worst player on your line.  Most teams don’t have 5 studs of the line. You get 2 good players and 3 average dudes and you should be fine. We are at that point and possible more. The problem with Meredith is when he is your second best lineman you have an issue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn’t Meredith yanked in the next to last game and benched for the finale last year? That still might make him the 2nd best lineman on the team however it also doesn't make him anything considered solid by any means.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meredith was the one that paved the way for James and Rainey on those iso runs last season.  Meredith isn't that good of a left guard but he can fill in, but he is a natural mauling right guard.  Big question mark is left guard and Edwards simply projects as a replacement at RG for Meredith in the future IMO.  Patrick Omameh is the front runner to earn a starting spot at LG if Nicks can't go because Cousins is simply below average at left or right guard.

This was my observation as well. A couple of years ago when Meredith played RG to fill in for Joseph he played quite well, however, playing LG for Nicks last year showed that he wasn't up to the LG position. I actually think Meredith will do fine at RG this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was my observation as well. A couple of years ago when Meredith played RG to fill in for Joseph he played quite well, however, playing LG for Nicks last year showed that he wasn't up to the LG position. I actually think Meredith will do fine at RG this year.

Whether he does well or not, the one thing that we should have this year vice the last few years, I think the position will actually be earned by performance, not pay check size or some other irrelevant tidbit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dom and Schiano, if they had kept their jobs, had no interest in resigning him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meredith is fine if he is the worst player on your line.  Most teams don't have 5 studs of the line. You get 2 good players and 3 average dudes and you should be fine. We are at that point and possible more. The problem with Meredith is when he is your second best lineman you have an issue.

Its refreshing to see someone acknowledge that you cant/wont have 5 pro  bowlers across the line at the same time. Seems many here expect 22 probowlers starting...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL; he never “guaranteed” he’d start, so I don’t see it as bravado. He said he COULD be the starter come September. IOW, “don’t count me out of the competition just yet”…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL; he never "guaranteed" he'd start, so I don't see it as bravado. He said he COULD be the starter come September. IOW, "don't count me out of the competition just yet"...

Looking at who he would replace if Carl nicks can't play.......Yes he has a good chance to see playing time earlier than later.http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/3/7/5483334/cleveland-browns-free-agent-review-ol-oniel-cousins

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well Nicks can’t be counted on so i guess he has to beat out oneil cousins or whoever it is, soooo, yeah he could be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn't Meredith yanked in the next to last game and benched for the finale last year? That still might make him the 2nd best lineman on the team however it also doesn't make him anything considered solid by any means.

Meredith is nowhere near the 2nd best OL last year. What a joke. He did get benched. He was 10x worse than everyone except Davin Joseph. Joseph sucked too. Meredith and Joseph were two guys who could not block a decent player to save their lives.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah wasn’t better or Penn really.  So by default Meredith was the 2nd best OL last season.  Meredith was the one paving the way on Iso’s which is why Lovie and Licht chose to re-sign him and not Joseph.  Your RG is supposed to be your mauler.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins, Nicks, Dietrick-Smith, Meridith & Dotson look to be what the Bucs want. If they play all 16 games together, the Bucs cheated the Grim Reaper for the season and they get to retool next year. If not, McCown better get rid of the ball in less than 1 second, as it cold get fugly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Collins, Nicks, Dietrick-Smith, Meridith & Dotson look to be what the Bucs want. If they play all 16 games together, the Bucs cheated the Grim Reaper for the season and they get to retool next year. If not, McCown better get rid of the ball in less than 1 second, as it cold get fugly.

Still hoping we can pull of a quality FA pickup at guard.Meanwhile Greg Auman tweeted that we had Jace Daniels backing up Cousins at LG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jace Daniels should be in the competition at guard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it’s not worth a lot, but Edwards was noted by Mel Kiper in this Podcast with Jason Licht. Click on the time next to “Licht”.  http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10946029

Please wait…

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.