Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• Runole

Participant

expose the vulnerability of Mahomes with their defense? A look at their schedule through October should provide the answer. They play a slew of good defenses capable of pressuring
      P.M. like the Bucs. The KC defense remains nothing special. imho

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Nah exposed their weak o line down both their tackles.

Browns & chiefs won the off season imho. Chiefs new o line is scary. If they stay healthy & build chemistry, watch out!

• M4X

Participant

This is so stupid. 

The Chiefs O-Line is WORSE than what it was going into last season. They lost Eric Fisher, who made the Pro-Bowl in 2018 and 2020 and Mitchell Schwartz, who was the best RT in football before he got injured. 

It remains to be seen if Brown is an upgrade over Fisher. And as of now, they have Mike Remmers starting at RT. Let that sink in, they signed SIX O-Linemen, and have Mike Remmers starting at tackle. LOL

Don’t buy into these lazy media narratives. The Chiefs certainly didn’t win the offseason. Far from it. 

• Runole

Participant

Browns & chiefs won the off season imho. Chiefs new o line is scary. If they stay healthy & build chemistry, watch out!

JMO but that “chemistry” will take time with all the changes. You certainly are with the majority of the pundits that have given P.M. “god like” status and incapable of losing to mere mortals. lol

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

JMO but that “chemistry” will take time with all the changes. You certainly are with the majority of the pundits that have given P.M. “god like” status and incapable of losing to mere mortals. lol

Lol.

Dont put words in my mouth or anything.

PM, trump, JL, musk. So many gods among us!! Lmao.

• TBChucky

Participant

The talent they collected on the OL in a short period of time is impressive.. They’d be a much tougher beat this season..

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I don’t get the hate for Mahomes on here, though I have noticed something the more vocal ones have in common.

• Runole

Participant

I don’t get the hate for Mahomes on here, though I have noticed something the more vocal ones have in common.

Don’t hate Mahomes at all. I just don’t consider the Bucs win “the anomaly” that 95% of the MSM NFL talking heads proclaim. Perhaps they are correct and P.M. is “The greatest NFL QB in history” that will seldom if ever lose another game.

Did you see that fantastic incomplete throw he made running for his life? It was awesome to watch! lol

song dedication – substitute “Dance for me” with “Throw for me” LOL

• BucsBay

Participant

I do think the Bucs did provide a blueprint for coverage that teams will use, and I don’t know that Orlando Brown is going to fit in with what they’ve asked of their tackles in pass pro. If they don’t find a way to be able to have more commitment to the running game and help protections, some teams will be able to get after Mahomes. All we really did in coverage is take away his quick reads with press and cloud the rest, which isn’t rocket science. Now with Vea, David, and White, very few are running the ball and we can play coverage all day the way no other teams can.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The super bowl proved, again, offense wins games, defense wins championships.

Idc who their qb was. Pressured more then half their drop backs.

Brady 6 times.

This game was over before it began.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs win the offseason. Kept all the studs and now have continuity. Added a young DE with solid upside, added some juice to the lacking special teams. Should have drafted Quinn Meinerz, would have been a homerun with that pick…

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Godwin, at least, has a healthy respect for Mahomes.

On 2 separate times during the Super bowl game, he called Mahomes

a magician.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

the issue isn’t whether KC offense line is better than it was at the start of 2020.

The question is whether the KC OL will be better, if TB play them, in the 2022 SB,

than they were in the 2021 SB

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• M4X

Participant

Of course they will be better compared to the Superbowl. They were down four starters.

Their new line is average and has the potential to be good. Nothing to be scared about.

The narrative that we only won the Superbowl because they had injuries on the O-Line is laughable. We scored almost 30 points in less than two quarters. Their defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed. We would have outscored them no matter what.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

The super bowl proved, again, offense wins games, defense wins championships.

Idc who their qb was. Pressured more then half their drop backs.

Brady 6 times.

This game was over before it began.

This right here. I’ve always been of the mindset that defense wins championships.

• Runole

Participant

Refreshing to see objectivity in this thread.

• theknees

Participant

I don’t think it’s hate for Mahomes but maybe people would like for the media to chill on anointing him the next HOFer after just a couple of seasons. His approach to the game generally has a short shelf life. He’s good. Really good. But many QBs would succeed in Reid’s system. Let’s see where he is 17 games from now. Not sure they are in the playoffs.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I don’t think it’s hate for Mahomes but maybe people would like for the media to chill on anointing him the next HOFer after just a couple of seasons.

That’s the thing though…he is.

But many QBs would succeed in Reid’s system.

Cool. How many of the QB’s in Reid’s system have put up the numbers Mahomes has in his first 3 seasons as a starter?

Let’s see where he is 17 games from now. Not sure they are in the playoffs.

So, in other words, he’s a lock for league MVP and a 3rd straight SB appearance.

• M4X

Participant

I don’t think it’s hate for Mahomes but maybe people would like for the media to chill on anointing him the next HOFer after just a couple of seasons. His approach to the game generally has a short shelf life. He’s good. Really good. But many QBs would succeed in Reid’s system. Let’s see where he is 17 games from now. Not sure they are in the playoffs.

I wouldn’t go that far. Teams with top five quarterbacks generally make the Playoffs no matter what. 

With that being said, I think its more probable that he becomes the next Russell Wilson than the next Tom Brady. He found himself in a very favorable position in KC. Two of the most dangerous weapons, solid O-Line play (for most of the time) and an offensive scheme that used him perfectly. 

It remains to be seen if he will be able to sustain that level of success without a top-notch receiving-corps and a HOF coach when Reid retires. And if the Chiefs will be able to build a competitive roster around him, while also paying him 40-50 million per year. 

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Bucs won the offseason

We weren’t supposed to win last year the first season up and down with no chemistry and we won the last 8 including wins over Rodgers and Mahomes.

Bucs should be better this year with full offseason and confidence. Same team back. Be surprised if they didn’t win atleast 12,13 games

That being said Chiefs are no joke but we have a lot to worry about ahead of us prior to our AFC opponent in the Superbowl :)

• theknees

Participant

Lolz.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Bucs Offense v Chiefs Defense: The Bucs win this hands down.

Chiefs Offense v Bucs Defense: If Chiefs go explosive, then they lose again. If Chiefs go short game, then, “Houston, we have a problem.”

We demolished the Chiefs defensively because of their hubris to show off in the Super Bowl about their explosive offense. It’s explosive, but not efficient. Tampa figured this out in the 2nd half of their first meeting. Tampa’s defense had a great game plan and the Chiefs did not deviate from it. LoL

The Super Bowl was boring compared to the NFC games we had to play going into the Super Bowl. WFT had a better scare on us than the Chiefs. We should worry about the other teams that could rise in the NFC before thinking about the Super Bowl again. Let’s think like Brady and try to go 17-0.

• Runole

Participant

Bucs Offense v Chiefs Defense: The Bucs win this hands down.

Chiefs Offense v Bucs Defense: If Chiefs go explosive, then they lose again. If Chiefs go short game, then, “Houston, we have a problem.”

We demolished the Chiefs defensively because of their hubris to show off in the Super Bowl about their explosive offense. It’s explosive, but not efficient. Tampa figured this out in the 2nd half of their first meeting. Tampa’s defense had a great game plan and the Chiefs did not deviate from it. LoL

The Super Bowl was boring compared to the NFC games we had to play going into the Super Bowl. WFT had a better scare on us than the Chiefs. We should worry about the other teams that could rise in the NFC before thinking about the Super Bowl again. Let’s think like Brady and try to go 17-0.

Amen! And now the MSM that all predicted the chiefs to win are now loading up the excuses for the leagues “Golden Child” not winning. The BUC’s will be better. The chiefs are starting over with a new OL. It will take time for crisp execution to evolve. JMO but at least 5 or 6 defenses in the first 8 games will be difficult to manage “GUARANTEED WINS”. The BUC’s early schedule is far less daunting. Shouldn’t be like early last season.

• kenntak

Participant

You get tired of hearing the excuse that the KC offensive line was banged up. The Bucs had injuries as well. I think even some of the Chiefs players were surprised that no adjustments were made in the game plan when things were not working.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

With that mammoth contract extension of his, they only have a short window before he cripples their cap on an annual basis.

• M4X

Participant

With that mammoth contract extension of his, they only have a short window before he cripples their cap on an annual basis.

Just look at their 2022 cap situation. They have like 150 million in cap space tied up in six or seven players. And that’s without their new LT and Tyrann Mathieu under contract. 

And they already have a bottom-ten roster besides Mahomes, Hill and Kelce. 

They’re going to have a hard time. 

• buc-in-out

Participant

Just look at their 2022 cap situation. They have like 150 million in cap space tied up in six or seven players. And that’s without their new LT and Tyrann Mathieu under contract. 

And they already have a bottom-ten roster besides Mahomes, Hill and Kelce. 

They’re going to have a hard time. 

Yeah, I’m actually kinda shocked they signed Joe Thuney to that massive contract to be their guard. Orlando Brown is going to demand $20 million a year on his next deal.. they’re paying LDT about $10 million to play guard as well.

They’re gonna be fucked in the next few years.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Bucs exposed KC whole offense double hill and put your best cover LB on Kelce and it’s over they had no consistent run game. I knew the Bucs had KC when I watched the Falcons and Browns lock them up on offense.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Bucs exposed KC whole offense double hill and put your best cover LB on Kelce and it’s over they had no consistent run game. I knew the Bucs had KC when I watched the Falcons and Browns lock them up on offense.

Yup, Andy Reid becomes really stubborn with his play calling. I don’t know how many times after games he admitted that he should have given Jamaal Charles the ball more.

They started the second half running the ball with success in the SB, then they just reverted to their bombs away game plan. Reid got out-coached big time.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.