Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 86 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

That’s your superbowl matchup. Not looking forward to Tyreek Hill running around.

• TBChucky

Participant

Hopefully we’ll have a better defensive game plan this time.. Can’t let them jump out to another big lead!

• Pennywise

Participant

I hope, kc is a machine

• A-Train40

Participant

Gonna have to show up one more time for us D

• BChaves8

Participant

Looks like their Left tackle will be out. Big for the Bucs D line.

• buc_boi

Participant

We’ll earn it!

• Pennywise

Participant

Line is KC -3 o/u 57

• BucBalla85

Participant

Let’s go bucs! Take down the champs!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

We need our safeties back. Vea was out last time we played them too.

Our offense is a different level than the predictable garbage the last time we played them.

Going to be a great game. LFG!!!

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Gotta beat the best to be the best. Go Bucs

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Make it a continuation of that 2nd half from the last time, and figure out some great 2nd and 8 plays on offense since we’re going to run on first down no matter what.

• Watchman

Participant

Does home field factor into the line for a SB? I would imagine it typically doesn’t.

However, if home field is usually good for +3, does that line translate to +6 for KC?

KC should absolutely be the favorite.

• Mic

Participant

I think we will control Hill much better than that first quarter. It will be foolish to leave Davis and Hill 1on1 again

• TBChucky

Participant

Since we’re hell bent on running basically every first down, hopefully we’ll have better success doing so against KC..

• Runole

Participant

Question?

Weren’t both New Orleans and Green Bay favored?

• Nobody

Participant

How to beat this KC team:

1) PLAY FOR 6! Maximize/optimize every possession! Wasted possessions are death. To that end:

* Pass the ball on 1st down! Stop with this awful ratio of running the football (and failing!) on 1st down putting huge amount of pressure on your 3rd down offense.

* Run a lot (at least 25 %) of 6 and 7 man Protections with Play-action.

* Possess the football! Prioritize getting 1st down on 2nd and medium and 3rd and short! Extend drives, increase total # offensive plays, minimize KC’s total possessions!

* Minimize iso concepts. They play a ton of Man and a ton of overload blitz. Rubs from Stack and Wide Bunch and everyone be on your Sight Adjusts and Hots!

* Do NOT settle for FGs on 4th and 3 or less! Get 1sts and get 6!

2) 1st and 2nd down defense is almost irrelevant against this team. 3rd and 6 is as easy to pick up as 3rd and 11 (obviously not statistically speaking, but relative to the historical model)! WIN ON 3rd DOWN ON DEFENSE!

* Create negative plays or play wins on 3rd down. Don’t give up 11 yards on 3rd and 12! They’ll go for it on 4th and 1 and they’ll get it! Negative plays and play wins on 3rd down!

* Play a ton of 2 Deep and a lot of 2 Man Under. Cover 1 vs this team is basically death!

* Cloud Zone to Hill’s side as much as you can.

* Run Overload Pressure on Mahomes right side where he likes to extend by breaking the pocket right and actually drifting back. Get him to the ground!

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Gotta hope the yips are out of the way. Idk why or what was going on but Brady didn’t look good in the second half at all. Had some uncharacteristically bad passes and made some poor decisions.

Yes he’s the greatest winning football player in the modern era. Everybody knows that. He brought tears of joy this evening n got us in a SB.
      Just worried because he threw some back breaking picks this year that were “understood”? Could have easily been that again tonight and learning curve wouldn’t have been an excuse.

I NEVER liked Winston but if he had the same EXACT passes intercepted with a lead??? The internet would have crashed.

I just wonder where the run and short passing games go when we get a lead??
      There were a couple nice short play designs tonight – Gronk, Godwin on a quick hitter for a 3rd n long that was big early on. I love every time we go to Brate!! Usually it’s short/ intermediate for a nice pickup that sets up short yards for a 1st if not a 1st. Just keep utilizing him!! Why stop?!

We will need to play PERFECT football to beat KC but we can do it. Getting loose n greedy with a lead isn’t playing smart.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

We got two weeks for safeties AWJ and Whitehead to heal as well as for DT Vea to continue to work to improve. Vea will be needed to blow up the middle of the KC Oline. Vea wasn’t around in the KC game. The Bucs have their own Kraken – Vita Vea!

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Vita Vea clogging up the middle of the line should free up Shaq and JPP to go after Mahomes. Only difference is, Mahomes is a threat with his legs.

The defense has improved drastically since that first meeting. This should be an interesting matchup. At least the Bucs don’t have to travel far and can practice at OBP. If I were Arians, I’d have film study and walkthroughs every day this week. And I mean EVERY day.

• rmiller14

Participant

Mahomes seemed less mobile last night, as he’s dealing with Turf Toe. We’ll see how that affects him in a couple of weeks, if at all.

• seekpar

Participant

Mahomes was visibly limping in q4. Two weeks will probably cure that.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Eric Fisher is a massive blow for KC.

• Pennywise

Participant

Got to either shut down one of kelce or hill ,or keep both at or under 100 yards each..<br />4
      Contain run game which bucs will.<br />
      And no turnovers, brady throws 3 ints against KC and it’s a blowout.

• Pennywise

Participant

ProFootballTalk
      Pre-bye: Bucs were 7-5.
      Post-bye: Bucs are 7-0.

• Pennywise

Participant

Last lost was to KC

• TBChucky

Participant

Probably our biggest challenge yet. I think we should be able to score on them, although they shut down the Bills offense. Need to get healthy on defense.. We’re going to need everyone’s A game to pull this off!

• Pennywise

Participant

Whatever they do ,do not let davis handle Hill alone,he will get embarrassed again ,dbl him up…when davis gets beat early, he folds like a cheap suit the rest of the game…he damn near cost the Bucs the game yesterday

• Pennywise

Participant

GB came in as NFL’s best red zone offense, went 2-for-4 against TB

– KC came in as NFL’s worst red zone defense, held BUF to 2-for-5 in red zone

• Pennywise

Participant

PaulHembo
      Not to get lost amidst the Tom Brady worship —

He has been contacted a total of 13 times during this 7-game win streak.

O-line is the most improved part of that team.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I feel like we should put Dean on Hill, Davis doesn’t have the wheels to cover Tyreek.. let dean use his length and speed, with a safety over the top.

• Pennywise

Participant

Bowles figured it out last kc game they were doubling hill and kelce, it worked.

Offense is better since that game, vea is back ,vea being back is huge huge..most important part of that DL,makes the front 7 better.

• Lawdy

Participant

KC has the worst ranked defense, but best ranked offense the bucs will have played thus far. It’s interesting because the defense’s throughout the playoffs have gotten worse, rank wise, but the defense’s have gotten better. Defensively: Wash(2), Saints(4), Packers(9), and now
      KC(16). Offensively: Wash(30), Saints(12), Packers(5), and now KC(1).

• Lawdy

Participant

Also, Both the Bucs and Tom brady have lifetime winning records against the Chiefs.
      Bucs: 7-6
      TB12: 6-4

• freddy

Participant

If I recall, Jamal Dean did not play in the week 12 matchup either. Tyreek Hill had a 4.29 40 and Dean a 4.3 while Davis was 4.44. I would expect Dean to be on Hill (with safety help) more than Davis this time around. If we just stop one of his TD’s from week 12, we win that game. Hill will get his, the trick is to limit how much he gets. This will certainly be interesting.

• Detrimental

Participant

Dean is very fast but straight line speed fast. He can’t change direction real well and accelerate. So any slant in routes v Hill will basically
      look like a 4.5 DB sticking him. Im not opposed of him trying to line up on him but he will need help horizontally

• Pennywise

Participant

Bucs do what they did in the first game in the second half ,which is dbl kelce and hill….they will be fine. They held KC to 7 points the second half

• Pennywise

Participant

Highest-graded QBs since 2017:
      1. Tom Brady – 95.6
      2. Patrick Mahomes – 95.2

• BChaves8

Participant

I wouldn’t be opposed to going full Belicheck and putting Davis on Kelce.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

KC Oline is banged up if you watch the KC vs Falcons Patrick had no time to throw.

• Pennywise

Participant

Buccaneers cornerbacks have lined up in press coverage at the two highest rates in the Todd Bowles era in consecutive weeks (44% at NO, 47% at GB).

The Buccaneers have forced as many INT in press coverage this postseason (3) as the rest of the NFL combined.

• SaskBucs

Participant

I’m fully confident going into this game just like I was for the Packers game. Saints were the hill to climb.

We have seen KC, they lost Fisher and we gain Vea plus healthy WRs including Brown. Winfield back as well and the Bucs are full strength and foaming at the mouth.

Playcalling must be better though. It was atrocious vs the Pack. Thankfully the Bucs were executing on 3rd downs but that can’t be counted on consistently.

Nobody hit it on the head. Go for max points. Stop the 1st down running unless you are up before end of half or game and need to kill clock. Them throwing twice and stopping the clock at the end of half in GB was ridiculous. Worked out in the end with Miller TD but giving Rodgers that ball before the 2 min warning was real dumb. They don’t seem to know when to go from running and passing plays sometimes. I love the overall aggressive approach but the Bucs were lucky with a lot of it last game. Get firsts and maximize points. This is Bucs game to lose. I hope everyone is against them again in the media. They just won’t learn. Go Bucs!

• Pennywise

Participant

Since 2018

Patrick Mahomes is 21-4 (.840) when the #Chiefs don’t score first in a game.

Rest of NFL: 291-482-4 (.377)

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

After beating the Packs I was asked who I rather is face KC/Bills… when I said the Cheifs my boys looked at me crazy and asked me if I was high on drugs… </p>
      <p>Yes, the Chiefs have a potent offense but ONLY scored 27 points against us on 2 INTs from Brady and 200+ yards from Hill in the first quarter… i doubt that happens again or anything close to it…</p><div class=’code-block code-block-1′ style=’margin: 8px 0; clear: both;’>
      <script async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script&gt;
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script></div>

<p>Bowles made the necessary adjustments in the second half to contain Hill and Kelce which I think could mean the difference in this game… love Vea being back also as he’s a game changer upfront and keeps our edge guys on 1-1 situations…</p>
      <p>D. White was also struggling big time with coverage around that time and he’s been much better which I feel plays in our favor big time… I mean I can continue on and on but these are factors that IMO are gonna be the difference in the SB… </p>
      <p>Let’s go Bucs!!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

The last time we played KC we were in the middle of our “lets not play any offense until we’re down 3 scores” crap. Our offense is coming out ready to play from the opening snap now. Lefty and Brady are in sync.