Viewing 116 reply threads

• Author

• blackat1515

Participant

1st let me start by saying its year 2 people. Relax already. Rookie QB  young online, what did everyone think was going to happen. Wins are not we look better then last year. Winston will be ok. He’s still learning. Last and most important, I know we did it before but you don’t get good by changing coaches every 2 or 3 years. Keep doing what you’re doing Lovie. When you turn this ship around you will shut all these so called fans up!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Things we can place blame on Lovie for:Illegal Formation PenaltiesPiss Poor Defensive PlaycallingKeeping a picker that has kept 16 points off the boardLack of preparation on all sides of the ballWhat else?

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

I agree, I keep Lovie ….give him his 4 years to turn bucs around

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st let me start by saying its year 2 people. Relax already. Rookie QB  young online, what did everyone think was going to happen. Wins are not we look better then last year. Winston will be ok. He's still learning. Last and most important, I know we did it before but you don't get good by changing coaches every 2 or 3 years. Keep doing what you're doing Lovie. When you turn this ship around you will shut all these so called fans up!!!!

Good evening Mr. Brooks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keeping the kicker yes, why not blame him for missed balls, missed tackles, missed int’s, blame the rain on him, blame  the missed sacks on him, understand that PLAYERS PLAY, COACHES COACH,, FANS COMPLAIN.. It’s going to awhile is all I was saying. Starting over next year isn’t the answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy crap…3-17???What has he done well?  where are we improved?  Has he won ONE home game?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Within the last two years the Browns, Vikings, Jets, Falcons, and Texans have all hired first time head coaches, they’ve all accumulated more wins than Lovie.If you don't want to judge by wins, their teams look prepared, competitive and adjust their game plans to suit their players. Point is good coaches don't need 3-5 years to install a defense or field a competitive team. None of those new coaches have control over the roster like Lovie does either. The list of excuses is long for Lovie to bad the win total is so little. Just like the growth of this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am curious. Why would ANY Buccaneer fan think St. Lovie is doing an acceptable job here? Obviously it’s not the W/L record. Getting the team ready to play on Sundays? No. FA signings? Not. Making game adjustments? Nope. Is it his amazing charisma?Must be to some people. 0-10 at home. Disgusting. But his pressers ARE fascinaing and informative and we know this team is getting better week by week....... He told us that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

obvious troll is obvious

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok so there are teams that have improved with a new coach. But we can as BUC fans agree that Coach S screwed this rooster up. So it not the same situation. We have changed coach atlleast 4 time after Gurden. What have we done. Cowboys, panters, rams, and some others went through there hard times now they are pretty good. Its takes time, not by switching coaches every 2 yrs.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

panthers were so bad a few years in under Rivera, fans wanted him fired, now look

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st let me start by saying its year 2 people. Relax already. Rookie QB  young online, what did everyone think was going to happen. Wins are not we look better then last year. Winston will be ok. He's still learning. Last and most important, I know we did it before but you don't get good by changing coaches every 2 or 3 years. Keep doing what you're doing Lovie. When you turn this ship around you will shut all these so called fans up!!!!

STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

panthers were so bad a few years in under Rivera, fans wanted him fired, now look

Rivera adapted, changed his strategy. Became more aggressive. If Lovie changes and shows improvement I'll be all for him staying. But if things keep on like they are, he's gotta go

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t really see any reason to keep Lovie as coach. The team has shown zero improvement since he’s been here.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

5 or 6 wins and showing improvement and I keep Lovienext year 9 wins

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Dear OP……. your comments would make sense…….if we were showing even marginal improvement……but we’re looking worse…….  this is no longer an anomaly….. it’s fact.  we’re headed in the wrong direction.additionally....... when entire team (offense, defense, and ST)  melt downs happen (and they have) it's ALWAYS on the coaching. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no! Don’t get rid of Lovie! This shlt show is way too comical!Dear Glazers...please don't cancel the "Lovie Show"! I hope they renew it for at least another season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

st lovie has done a great job training these future gods!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes the panthers went 6-10 and 7-9 the next year and never was last in division but it was so BAD they wanted him fired. Sounds like Panther fans. Seige the day!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Improvement? We win 2 games last year and only in week 4. So with 12 games left and 2 games to win to show improvement what are we complaining about. This game wasn’t lost because of Lovie. It was our rookie QB. Last game wasnt lovie, it was our kicker and our STUD wr evans. But everyone wants to blame the coach for poor play by players. Winston is the best we got and i think he gets better. Most rookie go through this but once the game slows down for him, i think he’ll be great. As for evans, no words. And as far as our kicker being here after last week, i hated it but understood because not often do you find a 60 yrd kicker but yea i think that turns out to be a bad coaches call.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Improvement? We win 2 games last year and only in week 4. So with 12 games left and 2 games to win to show improvement what are we complaining about. This game wasn't lost because of Lovie. It was our rookie QB. Last game wasnt lovie, it was our kicker and our STUD wr evans. But everyone wants to blame the coach for poor play by players. Winston is the best we got and i think he gets better. Most rookie go through this but once the game slows down for him, i think he'll be great. As for evans, no words. And as far as our kicker being here after last week, i hated it but understood because not often do you find a 60 yrd kicker but yea i think that turns out to be a bad coaches call.

You tell 'em!#savelovie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#SaveStlovie!I think the ALMIGHTY winston would approve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep a 3-17 coach just for the sake of continuity? So that is how low our standards are now?When you are down by 7 with 6 seconds left and don't even attempt a pass to the end zone with one of your mammoth wide outs, that is coaching scared. That's not the type of coach I want on the sidelines.The penalties, the non improvement from the defense or special teams and the regression of Lavonte David, why do we keep this coach here after game 16? If there is no growth or improvement...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep a 3-17 coach just for the sake of continuity? So that is how low our standards are now?When you are down by 7 with 6 seconds left and don't even attempt a pass to the end zone with one of your mammoth wide outs, that is coaching scared. That's not the type of coach I want on the sidelines.The penalties, the non improvement from the defense or special teams and the regression of Lavonte David, why do we keep this coach here after game 16? If there is no growth or improvement...

Because he can control god winston's power.If not held in check, the streets of tampa will be filled with the screams of innocents.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no! Don't get rid of Lovie! This shlt show is way too comical!Dear Glazers...please don't cancel the "Lovie Show"! I hope they renew it for at least another season.

Lovie and Son[img width=356 height=200]http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/si_gallery_slide/public/2015/04/30/lovie-smith-jameis-winston.jpg?itok=Vi96U2j-[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The last guy got fired after getting 11 wins in 2 years.  We would have to go 9-7 this year for Lovie to even match that.  Anybody at all think we’re going 9-7?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So what we do is get a new coach after this year, you fans complain about us not winning after 20 games, so we continue and fire that coach and go through the same process, thats exactly how you get good!!! Rebuilding every 20 games isn’t the answer, I know itts frustrating because it is to me also, but we are where we are because of this same issue..switching coaches without giving them a real chance. A year and a half isn’t a chance..

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

you rebuild by hiring the right coach.  keeping a chump just for continuality sake isn’t the answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I totally agree with the OP. Ther reality is that this team sucked very bad when Lovie took over. We are in the process of completely rebuilding this team. We are starting a rookie QB and two rookie OL and we have improved over last season. If you are thinking we are going to be instant contenders, go find another team. It is not happening yet. There is a reason we got the No.1 pick in the draft this year. We are not a good football team yet, but the signs are obvious to me that we are headed in the right direction. As bad as we just played that game, we would have tied them at 30 if that Carolina fumble had been recovered by a Buc and ran for a TD instead of Carolina recovering and scoring. Just think about that. The signs are there but apparently your eyes are too swelled up with tears to see it. We have the worst crybaby fans in the world here. Sheesh.

Please wait…

• Teachersue

Participant

HIRE KEVIN SUMLIN

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I totally agree with the OP. Ther reality is that this team sucked very bad when Lovie took over. We are in the process of completely rebuilding this team. We are starting a rookie QB and two rookie OL and we have improved over last season. If you are thinking we are going to be instant contenders, go find another team. It is not happening yet. There is a reason we got the No.1 pick in the draft this year. We are not a good football team yet, but the signs are obvious to me that we are headed in the right direction. As bad as we just played that game, we would have tied them at 30 if that Carolina fumble had been recovered by a Buc and ran for a TD instead of Carolina recovering and scoring. Just think about that. The signs are there but apparently your eyes are too swelled up with tears to see it. We have the worst crybaby fans in the world here. Sheesh.

How many pick six did Winston throw in FSU?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay haters who you gonna get?  Who’s going to come in here and in one year make the changes yall think you should be seeing now?  Or is it you just hate Lovie cuz your candidate didn’t get the job?  Really yall? How long did you think it was going to take to change this team around? I hear people comparing him to Shiano, hope those are jokes.  That guy was a worst coach as Culverhouse was the worst owner.  They should be hand and hand if you ask me.I'm just amazed at how impatient we are.  Nothing like this before we won it all. Now people think we should have gone to the show every year...Really?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

3-17 as the coach (1-9 vs division and 0-10 at home). He's worse than Schiano. Enough with this rebuilding bs. It's clear you're not a season ticket holder, so you don't feel some of these guys pain in feeling they are giving up their money for nothing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay haters who you gonna get?  Who's going to come in here and in one year make the changes yall think you should be seeing now?  Or is it you just hate Lovie cuz your candidate didn't get the job?  Really yall? How long did you think it was going to take to change this team around? I hear people comparing him to Shiano, hope those are jokes.  That guy was a worst coach as Culverhouse was the worst owner.  They should be hand and hand if you ask me.I'm just amazed at how impatient we are.  Nothing like this before we won it all. Now people think we should have gone to the show every year...Really?

Schiano had no clue and has more wins than Lovie. We are impatient because we are sick of seeing a shit team every damn year. Nothing changes with this team. It's the same shit every year. I go to games and expect them to lose because they haven't won a home game under Lovie!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay haters who you gonna get?  Who's going to come in here and in one year make the changes yall think you should be seeing now?  Or is it you just hate Lovie cuz your candidate didn't get the job?  Really yall? How long did you think it was going to take to change this team around? I hear people comparing him to Shiano, hope those are jokes.  That guy was a worst coach as Culverhouse was the worst owner.  They should be hand and hand if you ask me.I'm just amazed at how impatient we are.  Nothing like this before we won it all. Now people think we should have gone to the show every year...Really?

Schiano had no clue and has more wins than Lovie. We are impatient because we are sick of seeing a (censored) team every damn year. Nothing changes with this team. It's the same (censored) every year. I go to games and expect them to lose because they haven't won a home game under Lovie!!!!!!!!!!!

From 1976 to Tony Dungy we lost miserably.  Even in Tony's first few years we lost.  But eventually turned it around.  Dude if you just wanna blow off some steam cool.  But Blaming Lovie for trying to turn the crap he inherited around to me is just senseless and childish. Yall act like it's his fault that guys are in the wrong places, missing tackles, causing penalties.  Dude taught 55 all he knows about being a LB in this league, wen to the Rams and did a damn good job as DC and had damn good defenses in Chitown.  So please the comparison to Shiano is a slap in the face.  Shiano flat out sucked.  Yeah he's good to compare to when you wanna be ugly towards the coach, but do you really want him back?  I think not....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes the panthers went 6-10 and 7-9 the next year and never was last in division but it was so BAD they wanted him fired. Sounds like Panther fans. Seige the day!

I would love 6-10 or 7-9 as a Buc fan! give lovie keys to the city with those records, unfortunately this team is nowhere near that...which is pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie’s roster moves turned a 4 win team to a 2 win team. His defense looks bad, special teams are a joke. There is no area of the team that is getting better or more productive. Keeping a coach who has made this many mistakes is just laughable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano had no clue and has more wins than Lovie. We are impatient because we are sick of seeing a (censored) team every damn year. Nothing changes with this team. It's the same (censored) every year. I go to games and expect them to lose because they haven't won a home game under Lovie!!!!!!!!!!!

From 1976 to Tony Dungy we lost miserably.  Even in Tony's first few years we lost.  But eventually turned it around.  Dude if you just wanna blow off some steam cool.  But Blaming Lovie for trying to turn the crap he inherited around to me is just senseless and childish. Yall act like it's his fault that guys are in the wrong places, missing tackles, causing penalties.  Dude taught 55 all he knows about being a LB in this league, wen to the Rams and did a damn good job as DC and had damn good defenses in Chitown.  So please the comparison to Shiano is a slap in the face.  Shiano flat out sucked.  Yeah he's good to compare to when you wanna be ugly towards the coach, but do you really want him back?  I think not....

Just tell me what has Lovie done so far as the Bucs Head Coach that is positive? He inherited a crap team and what did he do last offseason? He signed a bunch of players and cut Revis. Where are those players now? Gone except for Verner, but he may as well be gone. You're talking about shit that happen 10+ years ago dude. This is present times, quit living in the past. This team is a joke, but I will stand by them because I don't give up on my teams. I'm not a bitchboy fan, and I never will be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Firing another coach after 2 years is not going to make the team better.  Let the season play out.  I love people who criticize things they know nothing about, especially play calling.  99% of people can’t tell what defense was called, what offense was called, whether it was a bad call or whether someone screwed up, etc.  At the end of the dame, this game is about the players…and guys have been in position to make plays and haven’t.  Lavonte’s dropped INT, the almost sack on 3rd down in the 4th quarter that Cam then went on to rush for a first down, the missed FGs, INTs, dropped passes, fumbled snap.  It is a reach to blame the coach for that.  All the people who called Lovie a dinosaur when it came to scheme thought Chip Kelly was the second coming...and they are 1-3 too. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s funny how people are saying we aren’t better. I have know idea what you guys are seeing, we one all around bad game, week 2 we win against, great effort from D, week 3 we took the L but if not for Evans dropping all the important 3 downs, and our kicker we win, yesterday our ROOKIE QB throws 4 picks and until the ball didn’t bounce our way on that fumble for a TD we were in it, please explain where in all of this is Lovie the blame, week one I will give you, and where didn’t we improve, D line is better not good or great but better, online is much better, QB…well that’s a wait and see, Martin seems to be back to form LB’s much improved. I see better and think we get to 4 maybe 6 wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's funny how people are saying we aren't better. I have know idea what you guys are seeing, we one all around bad game, week 2 we win against, great effort from D, week 3 we took the L but if not for Evans dropping all the important 3 downs, and our kicker we win, yesterday our ROOKIE QB throws 4 picks and until the ball didn't bounce our way on that fumble for a TD we were in it, please explain where in all of this is Lovie the blame, week one I will give you, and where didn't we improve, D line is better not good or great but better, online is much better, QB...well that's a wait and see, Martin seems to be back to form LB's much improved. I see better and think we get to 4 maybe 6 wins.

Totally agree.  We haven't started great, but we look better than last year for sure.  We couldn't do anything last year.  We lost yesterday, but there are signs of life.  We outgained the Panthers, had more rushing and passing yards, were better on third down, were 2-2 on 4th down, more time of possession, etc.  Penalties were way down.  To say there are no signs of progress or that we are worse is hyperbolic.  If this team can cut down on the mistakes they can string some wins together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's funny how people are saying we aren't better. I have know idea what you guys are seeing, we one all around bad game, week 2 we win against, great effort from D, week 3 we took the L but if not for Evans dropping all the important 3 downs, and our kicker we win, yesterday our ROOKIE QB throws 4 picks and until the ball didn't bounce our way on that fumble for a TD we were in it, please explain where in all of this is Lovie the blame, week one I will give you, and where didn't we improve, D line is better not good or great but better, online is much better, QB...well that's a wait and see, Martin seems to be back to form LB's much improved. I see better and think we get to 4 maybe 6 wins.

Totally agree.  We haven't started great, but we look better than last year for sure.  We couldn't do anything last year.  We lost yesterday, but there are signs of life.  We outgained the Panthers, had more rushing and passing yards, were better on third down, were 2-2 on 4th down, more time of possession, etc.  Penalties were way down.  To say there are no signs of progress or that we are worse is hyperbolic.  If this team can cut down on the mistakes they can string some wins together.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.This team is awful, just admit it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hooray for moral victories!!!! Give me a (censored)ing break. 0-10 home record as the head coach. JOKE.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many NFL teams would NOT consider a coaching change after 3-17,  0-10 at home?  Especially, after being given the total control keys to One Buc?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im just simply not a fan of a defense that lets WRs run wide open all over the place and thats what the Bucs defense is under Lovie smith and its what it continues to be. Theres only one way to solve it while running lovies system and thats by having a dominating defensive line. Well good luck with that. We have one of the best DTs in the the game, probably the best DT group in the entire NFL and they somehow still suck.Im fine with the offense as far as coaching is concerned even tho it sucks. A coaching change isnt going to help it. I like Koetter. Winston is a rookie, he'll get better as he goes. we have weapons, the Oline is rebuilding and theyre opening up way more holes then last year. but if the only way to get a new defense is to fire lovie then thats what im in favor of.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The list of players that WERE a Buccaneer and Lovie sent packing is sad…Lovie’s FA signings have been sad…his taking over the D has been sad…his home record has been sad…seriously…everything Lovie has touched has been sad. It is sad to see Panther fans in our house huddled in the concourse after game celebrating...it makes me sad. It makes me sad to see the utter and total disregard for our team and our franchise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just disagree that hiring someone new is going to produce dramatically better results.  I will say this, there is zero chance he is fired mid-season.  If this were year 3, maybe.  But Lovie has 12 games to right  the ship.  If the team improves over that stretch, it is smarter to keep him than bring someone new to force our QB to learn a new offense, turn over the roster again, etc.  I mean people here think college coaches or an unproven coordinator is going to come in and turn this team into a playoff team overnight?  Give me a break. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

0-10 at HOME!!! You have to see how frustrating that is and how TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE it is.The Buccaneers are two home losses away from tying the all time record for losing streaks at home.St. Lovie has given Buccaneer fans NOTHING to be excited about since he got here. He is TERRIBLE at judging talent. TERRIBLE! Hell, a guy we cut this summer got TWO sacks on Jameis yesterday. FA signings? Among the worst collections in an offseason EVER!!! He "fixes" NOTHING. He couldn't even "fix" the kicking game after the Texan game when EVERYONE with with EYEBALLS could see Brindza was simply not accurate enough to kick in the NFL. Doesn't accuracy even COUNT? WTF? Anyone NOT concerned or sick of this BS is either dead or in a state of denial only topped by those waiting for MULLETS to come back in style. If they ever WERE in style.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many NFL teams would NOT consider a coaching change after 3-17,  0-10 at home?  Especially, after being given the total control keys to One Buc?

Add in the fact that we have used the #1 pick on a QB, we paid top money to our probowl DT, we have two stud probowl caliber WRs, a probowl worthy LBs. At the very least we shouldnt look like a circus show every time out. Yea I think its fair to say hes on the hot seat.We've been passed by the Browns and the Raiders and the Titans. The Jags could pass us next week and the Bucs may very well take the crown as the most pathetic team in the league. We dont have the roster that deserves that. Not even remotely close. Under Raheem our Roster was pathetic compared to this roster, but we were still not the worst team in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The list of players that WERE a Buccaneer and Lovie sent packing is sad...Lovie's FA signings have been sad...his taking over the D has been sad...his home record has been sad...seriously...everything Lovie has touched has been sad. It is sad to see Panther fans in our house huddled in the concourse after game celebrating...it makes me sad. It makes me sad to see the utter and total disregard for our team and our franchise.

Every word true. Lovie can still save himself if the team plays well down the stretch. 4 games in though, I don't see any particular strengths on this team to point to as possibilities for ending the sadness. We may beat the Jaguars and maybe the Redskins, but the Falcons are going to crush us and barring significant improvement the Panthers will roll us again. Thinking about it, the Eagles may be the ones to make it 100% clear that Lovie's approach has past it's time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just disagree that hiring someone new is going to produce dramatically better results.  I will say this, there is zero chance he is fired mid-season.  If this were year 3, maybe.  But Lovie has 12 games to right  the ship.  If the team improves over that stretch, it is smarter to keep him than bring someone new to force our QB to learn a new offense, turn over the roster again, etc.  I mean people here think college coaches or an unproven coordinator is going to come in and turn this team into a playoff team overnight?  Give me a break.

Your right, it didn't work out very well for Atlanta, Denver, the Jets, or the Raiders  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You still don't get it. I don't expect them to win every game, but at least be competitive in these games. They are competitive for a little bit, but then they become the same old Bucs and get blown out. How many blowouts has this been for the Bucs under Lovie? I believe it's 4, 3 at home and 1 on the road last year. 0-10 at home is all else that needs to be said. Just stop defending him, it's pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All the people who called Lovie a dinosaur when it came to scheme thought Chip Kelly was the second coming...and they are 1-3 too.

When a General Manager hires a Head Coach and things go south,  the GM can blame the HC and the HC can say he needs better players.  But in Lovie's and Chip's case, it doesn't matter if it's coaching or personnel, the blame goes to one person.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

0-10 at HOME!!! You have to see how frustrating that is and how TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE it is.The Buccaneers are two home losses away from tying the all time record for losing streaks at home.St. Lovie has given Buccaneer fans NOTHING to be excited about since he got here. He is TERRIBLE at judging talent. TERRIBLE! Hell, a guy we cut this summer got TWO sacks on Jameis yesterday. FA signings? Among the worst collections in an offseason EVER!!! He "fixes" NOTHING. He couldn't even "fix" the kicking game after the Texan game when EVERYONE with with EYEBALLS could see Brindza was simply not accurate enough to kick in the NFL. Doesn't accuracy even COUNT? WTF? Anyone NOT concerned or sick of this BS is either dead or in a state of denial only topped by those waiting for MULLETS to come back in style. If they ever WERE in style.......

Preach on, man. It's just a disgrace to watch every home game knowing that your team is going to lose. It like you said is not enjoyable. The only enjoyable time I have is tailgating. These people that defend Lovie make me think they don't even go to the games. The grass isn't getting any greener people. It's dead!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We should keep the Lovie and Winston act going for a few more seasons because we have to do so for the sake of stability according to some on PR. To tell you the truth, I only have patience with children when it comes to teaching and learning. Grown men making the same mistakes every week and earning millions of dollars….not so much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.3-17 - 0-10 at home.  Lovie is washed up.  He's a dinosaur.  Dan QUinn has coached 4 games and has four wins.  Lovie has coached 150+ games and can't win 4 games in 20 tries.  The guy sucks.  Anyone that supports him is scared of change.  He isn't building anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Preach on, man. It's just a disgrace to watch every home game knowing that your team is going to lose. It like you said is not enjoyable. The only enjoyable time I have is tailgating. These people that defend Lovie make me think they don't even go to the games. The grass isn't getting any greener people. It's dead!!!!!

There you have it. They don't have money on the horse race.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ya gotta have skin in the game...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am a season ticket holder who lives out of state.  Between the cost of tickets tickets, travel, accomodations, and Sunday Ticket for the games I don't go to (which I lose money on reselling), I have a sizeable investment in the Bucs.  And I am personally not ready to start over AGAIN after 20 games.  We go 2-14 again...maybe.  But this team is way better than the team I saw last year.  People act like we got pushed around yesterday.  We outgained them in every category.  We shot ourselves in the foot with mistakes.  And sorry, Coaches don't throw pick sixes or drop surefire INTs.  Players do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is a lame excuse.  You do not base the decision to fire one person on who you can get to replace him.  They are two entirely separate situations.  And please spare us, we don't hate Lovie, no more than you hate Schiano.  But they are both very bad coaches and neither deserves to be a HC in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am a season ticket holder who lives out of state.  Between the cost of tickets tickets, travel, accomodations, and Sunday Ticket for the games I don't go to (which I lose money on reselling), I have a sizeable investment in the Bucs.  And I am personally not ready to start over AGAIN after 20 games.  We go 2-14 again...maybe.  But this team is way better than the team I saw last year.  People act like we got pushed around yesterday.  We outgained them in every category.  We shot ourselves in the foot with mistakes.  And sorry, Coaches don't throw pick sixes or drop surefire INTs.  Players do.

Lovie basically runs the team and he's a defensive minded coach. What personnel decision has he made that panned outside of Jacquies Smith? And that defense sure looks good lol. Quit making excuses for the guy. The guy sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed.  Lack of talent is what sent Gruden and Allen packing. It is going to take time to get the right talent in here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DUDE...nobody WANTS to start over, but this is unacceptable!!! This team has no discipline, fire, or will to win. One bad thing happens on the field and they shit the bed. They EXPECT to lose! It is downright awful.Yes, players throw picks and drop INTs, but you cannot fire the entire team. We can try that...as Lovie has done over the past two seasons...how is that working out for us? We keep hearing let Lovie get "his players". Aside from Conte...name one player that Lovie has brought in AND has produced for this team? Just one. The draft has been mixed and way to early to tell how that will work out, but the FA signings have been miserable.It sickens me to see how well Atlanta, the Jets, Oakland, and Denver are doing with new coaching staffs. Oakland for goodness sake!! Let that sink in...the Raiders are now sitting at 2-2 and actually trending up. We cannot just keep saying that LOvie needs more time when he continues to lose and lose badly. 23 points is a mirage...because of a garbage time TD. 37-17 is a VERY real picture of yesterday's game. 20 freakin point spread at home...that is downright embarrassing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outgained?  Are you a real fan?  Stats are for losers.  We outgained them because they had short fields all day.  We didn't stop them hardly at all.  The defense sucks.  You think that another 2-14 season is a maybe?  Give me a break.  He was a garbage hire to begin with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No improvement but Bucs are 9th in overall D, tied for 2nd in Pass D..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yet they gave up 37 (my bad, 30 points) yesterday and 42 points against a rookie QB...I agree with the notion...the ONLY stats that matter are W/L

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Things we can place blame on Lovie for:

EVERYTHINGThe GM is hisThe DC is his The OC is hisThe STC is hisThe position coaches are hisThe scheme is hisThe roster is hisThe record is his.3 wins.The rookie HC in Atlanta already has more wins.  Let that sink in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our defense is also 30th against the run and 30th in points allowed.  That tells me that teams get a comfortable lead and just run the clock out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The rookie HC in Atlanta already has more wins.  Let that sink in.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree, I keep Lovie ....give him his 4 years to turn bucs around

said every Panther, Saint and Falcon fan!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why I have never been a big stat guy. Eyeball test is a truer measure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As Raheem Morris said, stats are for losers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL. That was funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who thinks Lovie should stay with no improvement needs to pay for my season tickets. I’ll message you my paypal info

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who thinks Lovie should stay with no improvement needs to pay for my season tickets. I'll message you my paypal info

Again, who do you want to come and take over? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who thinks Lovie should stay with no improvement needs to pay for my season tickets. I'll message you my paypal info

For now, I'd be ok with Dirk taking over.  DC stays DC and see how we finish the year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For now, I'd be ok with Dirk taking over.  DC stays DC and see how we finish the year.

Really? Wow.  How do you think Dirk is going to do better having never been a head coach in this league and calling plays and trying to win after the disruption of firing the HC?  You really think that scenario will bring about better results? C'mon dawg, please tell me you have a better plan than that or that really you're just venting...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's dumb to fire the guy mid-season unless there is some unsustainable locker room rift going on (See Greg Schiano v Josh Freeman) and even then, the Glazers  have never fired a HC mid-season. People keep saying moving on to Koetter would be better than staying with Smith for the remainder of the season, but that presents two problems: 1) Your interm OC would be MIKE BAJAKIAN and 2) you would be in danger of becoming the next Minnesota Vikings (Leslie Frasier era) if Koetter gets lucky and wins a handful of games. I honestly don't want too see that under any circumstance. Even if we don't win another game, I'd rather see Smith finish this season. There is nothing stopping the Glazers from going out and courting another potential HC while Lovie Smith is here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really? Wow.  How do you think Dirk is going to do better having never been a head coach in this league and calling plays and trying to win after the disruption of firing the HC?  You really think that scenario will bring about better results? C'mon dawg, please tell me you have a better plan than that or that really you're just venting...

Understand that a big part of kicking Lovie to the curb is sending a message (followed up with action) that this level of play is unacceptable.Koetter being a Rookie HC might net such a negative result as 4-0 (see Atlanta).Is that realistic?  Probably not.  But I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to net more than 2 wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do we need a name? The league has proves never been head coaches who were long time coordinators can out coach a out of touch coach like Lovie. But I wouldn't trust the Glazers with the hire. First order of business is to hire a VP of football ops or a true GM.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I find it laughable how anyone can defend Lovie Smith at this point. We’ll see what the excuses will be after Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Keep Love Please….”I wish to HELL the Bears had done exactly that. People who don't like St. Lovie's record here lambasted are obviously not the slightest bit invested in WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES in Tampa.And just WHO are you begging, on your freaking KNEES no doubt, to "Keep Lovie Please....?" The Glazers?Good God. I'll be happy if the Royal Glazerbaums hold up their side of the bargin in updating the stadium without taking home games to London, Orlando or Krypton. Happier still if they sold the team to someone who care about winning football games HERE.Vent over. Tuesday 10/6/15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right?If the only argument to keep Lovie is for a hope of continuity, that is pretty weak.This team looks decidedly worse than Schiano's 4-12 squad, the squad that got him fired. Was it the right choice to fire Schiano? Yes, because they came to the realization that it was a failure 2 years in and that this would never be a championship with him. Anyone who says that "Lovie was handed a bad team and he needs time", that's some fresh smelling bullsh*t right there. Not that the team wasn't in the bottom 1/4 of the league in talent, but it wasn't completely devoid. Lovie has had 2 full offseasons to begin to build upon the roster he had. Overall, he's made it worse. This team was in nearly every game under Schiano. Obviously they weren't incredibly far off. Lovie's main mistake was trying to do way too much, to early. In his first season he tried to totally retool multiple areas of the roster and most were complete failures. Then, the bucs had to cut bait on several of those guys after 1 year and replace them while also continuing to retool in year two. I think it's painfully obvious that the Lovie regime needs to end after this season. The only downside to that is that the trust fund babies will once again be making a HC decision. After these three hirings, I have no faith that they'll get it right. So what's the answer then? Hold onto Lovie cause the TFBs suck at hiring HCs? No. We just will have to hope the get lucky and trip into a good hire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stay the course. It’s too early. I don’t want Winston having to learn another system, already. And in defense of Lovie's defense, he's only had one mid-round pick in 2 drafts, and he nailed that pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stay the course. It's too early. I don't want Winston having to learn another system, already. And in defense of Lovie's defense, he's only had one mid-round pick in 2 drafts, and he nailed that pick.

Who's decision was it to draft heavy on O? They traded for another rotational guy and handed him the RDE job. Why not take a guy in the draft? Lovie sucks and he needs to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im pretty torn on Lovie…I thought he was gonna take us back in time, but perhaps the T2 really is dead. I really want a coach with fire and passion, but at the same time, Lovies demeanor is the same as Tonys, and that worked well for us. We are soft. We are undisciplined. We are out of position. Something has to give. I dont see firing Lovie mid season as really accomplishing anything. If we made Dirk the IHC, which is whatI think would happen, nothing really changes. Its still Dirks offense. Its still Lovie/Leslies defense. Its still the same players. Nothing really changed. As much as it pains me to say it, we just need to ride out the year and reassess.So, assuming Lovie does indeed get canned, who do we replace him with? What coach is gonna bring that fire and make our Defense something to be fearful of again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, Lovie should get at least 8 to 10 years to turn this team around..Seriously, no. This is some of the worst bucs ball I have every seen. His record is completely unacceptable. Not only that, the blow outs are embarrassing and numerous. No winning a game at home? GTFOH. If he loses to Jacksonville at home, Lovie watch is in full swing IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we lose this game by multiple scores, Lovie is firmly on the hot seat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The players need to step up and win a game for their coach. This week they need to do it. If we lose to the Jags at home, Lovie's fate will be sealed barring a miraculous finish to the season.As much as I want continuity, we need to see improvement on the field. Especially because the roster decisions have not been good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Indeed. There would be no excuse to dropping a game vs the Jags at home.Have to have it. And not a squeeker... This game needs to be a decisive victory.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two separate issues.  You do not keep an incompetent manager just because you can't name a replacement right now.  That is what the search, interview and hiring process is for, to find a better manager.  Besides, look what happened with Gruden and Schiano.  The Glazers had their replacement before the current coach was fired.  We know how Morris turned out and Lovie looks to be even worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The players need to step up and win a game for their coach. This week they need to do it. If we lose to the Jags at home, Lovie's fate will be sealed barring a miraculous finish to the season.As much as I want continuity, we need to see improvement on the field. Especially because the roster decisions have not been good.

I'm confident McCoy and David will have a players only meeting and straighten things outs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two separate issues.  You do not keep an incompetent manager just because you can't name a replacement right now.  That is what the search, interview and hiring process is for, to find a better manager.  Besides, look what happened with Gruden and Schiano.  The Glazers had their replacement before the current coach was fired.  We know how Morris turned out and Lovie looks to be even worse.

So now you're telling me it doesn't matter. Lovie is so bad we just gonna kick him to the curb and hopefully look and find his replacement...LOL, loving that plan...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d like to see him get the remainder of this season to get this team going. If he can’t do it, I want a new HC next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm confident McCoy and David will have a prayers only meeting and straighten things outs.

Fixed that for you.It's our only hope.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So now you're telling me it doesn't matter. Lovie is so bad we just gonna kick him to the curb and hopefully look and find his replacement...LOL, loving that plan...

Why would anyone keep someone that's winning at a 15% clip.  That's unbelievably bad.  Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's could do a better job...probably more life too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. Finding a new HC does matter. That process will happen when the season is concluded and all coordinators are eligible to seek HC opportunities. No one knows who all the candidates will be at this point. The fact that a replacement is not fully lined up is no reason to keep Lovie. If he is failing, he is failing. Period. If you don't see improvement and the team is getting worse, cut out the cancer. Let Dirk take over the team and see if he can get a pulse for the rest of the season. Then start lining up interviews when candidates are made available by requests to their current employers. It's time to go the successful coordinator route. Dungy was the last successful coordinator that we hired straight from that level. No more trying to be cute with position coaches, college coaches, or safe retreads.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd like to see him get the remainder of this season to get this team going. If he can't do it, I want a new HC next year.

I think that's fair and of course St. Lovie WILL get the rest of this season, like it or not.But if things do not improve enough to expect to be competitive in the NFC South next season, if he cannot win at least 6 games this season INCLUDING a few at home he should be fired.Hopefully he can turn this team around but thus far I have seen NOTHING to lead me to believe he can or will. And I'm pretty damn sick and tired of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd like to see him get the remainder of this season to get this team going. If he can't do it, I want a new HC next year.

I think that's fair and of course St. Lovie WILL get the rest of this season, like it or not.But if things do not improve enough to expect to be competitive in the NFC South next season, if he cannot win at least 6 games this season INCLUDING a few at home he should be fired.Hopefully he can turn this team around but thus far I have seen NOTHING to lead me to believe he can or will. And I'm pretty damn sick and tired of it.

I think he gets a full ride to get this thing turned.  He was left with a bunch of non-experienced and young guys.  For the first year when we tried the FA route hoping to win some games, don't think the Glazers didn't sign off on that debacle. Now they are trying to do it through the draft.  Dude will get next year's and the year after's picks.  However next year is when they HAVE to really show improvement.  The Glazers have also been informed of how long it takes to bring a rookie along.  While we as fans want to see all our guys improve, truly it's Winston  that has to improve.  If he comes out next year with the same kind of bonehead plays of this year then they may consider getting rid of him, but even at that it probably won't be till the end of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he gets a full ride to get this thing turned.  He was left with a bunch of non-experienced and young guys.  For the first year when we tried the FA route hoping to win some games, don't think the Glazers didn't sign off on that debacle. Now they are trying to do it through the draft.  Dude will get next year's and the year after's picks.  However next year is when they HAVE to really show improvement.  The Glazers have also been informed of how long it takes to bring a rookie along.  While we as fans want to see all our guys improve, truly it's Winston  that has to improve.  If he comes out next year with the same kind of bonehead plays of this year then they may consider getting rid of him, but even at that it probably won't be till the end of the season.

If Lovie goes 2-14 again and the Glazers retain him, there will be seats aplenty at RJS...put that shit in the bank!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie goes 2-14 again and the Glazers retain him, there will be seats aplenty at RJS...put that (censored) in the bank!!!

Yep. And it will happen right away too. If they lose to the Jags and he isn't fired; then I'm standing up, looking right at the ship and screaming, "FHITP" with a middle finger held high. I won't come back until they fire that clown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many of y’all’s running on Windows 95?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many of y'all's running on Windows 95?

Lovie = windows 95Lmfao. Love it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Windows 95? This shit is Windows 3.1xx on a x386 with 64kb RAM.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Windows 95? This (censored) is Windows 3.1xx on a x386 with 64kb RAM.

More like linux ... "just give it a little more time, it's getting better"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is the 33mhz pentium CPU that was in my first PC, a packard bell

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie goes 2-14 again and the Glazers retain him, there will be seats aplenty at RJS...put that in the bank!!!

There were "seats a plenty" Sunday afternoon, 4th quarter.  A sea of blue remained.  You would have thought at least the FSU faithful would have stayed since they tried to sell everyone on Jameis' ability to come from behind against the likes of NC State.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Windows 95? This (censored) is Windows 3.1xx on a x386 with 64kb RAM.

More like linux ... "just give it a little more time, it's getting better"

I was thinking more Commodore.But truthfully, Lovie is more like an 8 track.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lovie goes 2-14 again and the Glazers retain him, there will be seats aplenty at RJS...put that in the bank!!!

There were "seats a plenty" Sunday afternoon, 4th quarter.  A sea of blue remained.  You would have thought at least the FSU faithful would have stayed since they tried to sell everyone on Jameis' ability to come from behind against the likes of NC State.

They were the first ones to clear out at the home opener.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

If Lovie goes 2-14 again and the Glazers retain him, there will be seats aplenty at RJS...put that (censored) in the bank!!!

Yep. And it will happen right away too. If they lose to the Jags and he isn't fired; then I'm standing up, looking right at the ship and screaming, "FHITP" with a middle finger held high. I won't come back until they fire that clown.

If you promise to leave this board too, I'll call and ask Lovie to tank another one like they did in Nawlins for the good of the team. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you promise to leave this board too, I'll call and ask Lovie to tank another one like they did in Nawlins for the good of the team.

It's okay Harold, you don't have ASK Lovie to tank...they are doing just fine without your request.And don't worry...Lovie won't be around to make another #1 pick in the draft!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's okay Harold, you don't have ASK Lovie to tank...they are doing just fine without your request.And don't worry...Lovie won't be around to make another #1 pick in the draft!!

The scary thing is some fans believe he could have the #1 pick again and still coach this team

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The scary thing is some fans believe he could have the #1 pick again and still coach this team

LOL Imagine THAT! Well, it may have been done one other time in NFL history when John McKay drafted first in the first two years of the Buccaneer's existence. THAT'S excusable. But I doubt it's happened since then, even once. Correct me if I'm wrong.Oh, and it will NOT happen again....... At least I don't THINK so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL Imagine THAT! Well, it may have been done one other time in NFL history when John McKay drafted first in the first two years of the Buccaneer's existence. THAT'S excusable. But I doubt it's happened since then, even once. Correct me if I'm wrong.Oh, and it will NOT happen again....... At least I don't THINK so.

Different era with McKay no salary cap or free agency. If Lovie is 2-14 or 3-13  doubt he comes back for year 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he needs to finish the year at the very least to see what this teem looks like in the second half. hes compiled several reasons for his termination, but I think you got to have some sort of stability. New coaches often means roster turnover. I’m tired of seeing serviceable to great players being sent out every couple years for a new staff.Doing it year after year has kept this roster full of holes. No coach has had a chance to plug enough holes to field a team with any real depth.Now I agree that any of the coaching choices so far might not have been best and their plenty of reasons to complain. I'm. Just over the coaching carousel and roster turnover.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=347 height=200]https://quizzicalllama.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/tumblr_mconzafon31qevwzzo1_500_large.gif?w=640[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Glad others are partaking in the fun.

Please wait…

Viewing 116 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.