Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• bucinsouthFL

Participant

If you look back at Russel Wilson’s rookie year, something I liked was the coaching staff “protecting” him the first few weeks. http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/gamelogs?season=2012I think this is how we should handle Winston. Protect him the first few weeks, and don't ask him to do too much. I actually liked the conservative calling towards the end (for once). He's not Luck. Few people are. Give the guy some time to get comfortable and each into the game. After a few weeks though, it would it be nice to see some more no huddle, and giving him some more command. In the mean time though I thought last game's gameplan was perfect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we manage to beat the Texans this week, it’d be nice to see the wheels start coming off against the panthers. That’ll be the toughest game before the bye. We’ll need as many tools as possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with you. The only thing I wish they would change up on offense is the predictable pattern of playcalling. Give the kid a chance to throw on 2nd down more often.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with you. The only thing I wish they would change up on offense is the predictable pattern of playcalling. Give the kid a chance to throw on 2nd down more often.

+1 It seems like we ran the ball on literally every single 1st down. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure what the OP has in mind with the Wilson comparison…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what your SUPPOSE to do with a rookie QB. Am I the only that follows the NFL? You all don’t remember how Atlanta brought Matt Ryan along? He pretty much was carried by a steady running game from Michael Turner and he basically managed the game. And he came up big with clutch throws and showed why he was a top 5 pick. Winston isn't ready to win games with his arm yet consistently that is, so it is vital to have the run game. Fast forward to year 4-5 year, Matt Ryan is out there ripping secondaries apart with no running game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait until after the bye (week 6) at a minimum…better even to wait until the Giants come to town.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

This is what your SUPPOSE to do with a rookie QB. Am I the only that follows the NFL? You all don't remember how Atlanta brought Matt Ryan along? He pretty much was carried by a steady running game from Michael Turner and he basically managed the game. And he came up big with clutch throws and showed why he was a top 5 pick. Winston isn't ready to win games with his arm yet consistently that is, so it is vital to have the run game. Fast forward to year 4-5 year, Matt Ryan is out there ripping secondaries apart with no running game.

Pretty muchI don't know what people are expecting. Rookie QBs coming in and throwing it all over the yard is not what you do as a franchise. More times then not they lose you games doing that. Cam Newton and Andrew Luck type passing seasons for a rookie are anomalies for a reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what your SUPPOSE to do with a rookie QB. Am I the only that follows the NFL? You all don't remember how Atlanta brought Matt Ryan along? He pretty much was carried by a steady running game from Michael Turner and he basically managed the game. And he came up big with clutch throws and showed why he was a top 5 pick. Winston isn't ready to win games with his arm yet consistently that is, so it is vital to have the run game. Fast forward to year 4-5 year, Matt Ryan is out there ripping secondaries apart with no running game.

Exactly how it should be done.  The method has been tried and perfected with Brady, Roethlesberger, Flacco, Wilson, and others I am sure.  All learned to be game managers before shouldering the load.  Now, they all have rings. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty muchI don't know what people are expecting. Rookie QBs coming in and throwing it all over the yard is not what you do as a franchise. More times then not they lose you games doing that. Cam Newton and Andrew Luck type passing seasons for a rookie are anomalies for a reason.

Panthers were #3 in the entire NFL in rushing, averaging damn near 5.5 yards a clip. I know TB probably won’t be a top 10 unit but hell if we are at least middle of the pack, Winston should be fine this year.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.