Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you really look at KB you still see a kid.  Someone that hasn’t fully grown or developed, which is scary I know.  I realize he’s not going to get any faster but the fact that he could fill out more and learn some of the nuances of playing the WR position leads me to believe that he may be top line talent that can be had in the second round.  He just looks really raw to me.  If we were to go another position outside of WR in the first, I would love to take him in the second even though he’s kind of a Vjax clone (not necessarily a bad thing). 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My buddy was asking me about him the other day.  His team drafts near the bottom of round 1 and Im an avid FSU fan.  He wanted to get my thoughts on KB and I told him I honestly didnt know.  His first two years at FSU looked like we had just found a really tall guy to play WR.  This last year he made HUGE strides in a lot of areas.  Personally I would have liked to see him return for another year of college to polish his game a little and potentially climb the draft boards.  I think if he were able to make a little progress in route running and in the weight room, he could be a poor man’s Julio Jones, but outside of being a red zone target I dont see him making much of an immediate impact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on who the BUcs get with the 7th.I doubt Watkins nor Evans will be there when pick 7 rolls around.People are catching on that Evans has size and talent that is damn near elite.I think the Raiders pull the trigger on him, after Watkins goes to the Rams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not a natural catcher with his hands. I’m not a fan of wr’s who aren’t good at catching the football. I’m rooting for him but I would be completely against using our 2nd round pick on him. He reminds me of Stephen Hill from the Jets, except much bigger and slower.Martavis Bryant would be a much better option with our 2nd IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I am a little bias when it comes to him but a tend to agree.  I would love for us to take Landry from LSU in the second.  When the dust settles, I have a feeling he will be the best receiver taken in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’d have to drop a long way – I think he needs a ton of work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not a natural catcher with his hands. I'm not a fan of wr's who aren't good at catching the football. I'm rooting for him but I would be completely against using our 2nd round pick on him. He reminds me of Stephen Hill from the Jets, except much bigger and slower.Martavis Bryant would be a much better option with our 2nd IMO

the irony with this statementBryant didnt do a single thing at Clemson to make me think hes going to do anything in the league. hes your typical workout warrior that is going to be overdrafted. he was a 4th round pick at best before the combine. it should be a HUGE red flag that he wasnt productive in an offense like Clemson'sBenjamin has things to work on but id rather roll the dice on him than Bryant. Bryant and Steven Hill are a great comparison, really fast but not that productive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Dex Monkey. I read somewhere that Bryant has had so many visits (17, I think) because teams have major questions to ask him about his play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

all im gonna say is that if we took Bryant over Allan Robinson, Jarvis Landry, or Jordan Matthews in the 2nd we will be very very dissappointed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

800+ yards and 7 tds for a #2 WR isn’t what I would call “unproductive”. Having said that, he’s not at the top of my list by any means.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

800+ yards and 7 tds for a #2 WR isn't what I would call "unproductive". Having said that, he's not at the top of my list by any means.

Agree, but for a video game offense designed to put up crazy numbers and having Sammy on the other side, they arent that impressive.  FSU had 3 WR's hit 1000 yards in a more pro style offense.  Id rather have KB than the #2 out of Clemson any day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would draft him and convert him into a TE… Got the frame to add 15-20lbs…Has potential to be a Jimmy Graham type....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not a natural catcher with his hands. I'm not a fan of wr's who aren't good at catching the football. I'm rooting for him but I would be completely against using our 2nd round pick on him. He reminds me of Stephen Hill from the Jets, except much bigger and slower.Martavis Bryant would be a much better option with our 2nd IMO

the irony with this statementBryant didnt do a single thing at Clemson to make me think hes going to do anything in the league. hes your typical workout warrior that is going to be overdrafted. he was a 4th round pick at best before the combine. it should be a HUGE red flag that he wasnt productive in an offense like Clemson'sBenjamin has things to work on but id rather roll the dice on him than Bryant. Bryant and Steven Hill are a great comparison, really fast but not that productive

The over reaching on your post is hilarious. And no one is touting him as an elite player so calm down Sally, but Bryant deserves to be a 2nd to 3rd tier WR in this draft, 800yds and 7td's in an offense where 100 passes went to Watkins is pretty damn good. Bryant had to take a back seat. If guys like Dexter Jackson, Arrelious Benn, Titus Young, and Ryan Broyle get picked in the 2nd round then Bryant definitely deserves the consideration he's been getting to possibly go in the 2nd.My comparison on Hill for Benjamin was off... Benjamin is the beefier and more robotic version of Michael Clayton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Dex Monkey. I read somewhere that Bryant has had so many visits (17, I think) because teams have major questions to ask him about his play.

That's one way to spin it LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The over reaching on your post is hilarious. And no one is touting him as an elite player so calm down Sally, but Bryant deserves to be a 2nd to 3rd tier WR in this draft, 800yds and 7td's in an offense where 100 passes went to Watkins is pretty damn good. Bryant had to take a back seat. If guys like Dexter Jackson, Arrelious Benn, Titus Young, and Ryan Broyle get picked in the 2nd round then Bryant definitely deserves the consideration he's been getting to possibly go in the 2nd.My comparison on Hill for Benjamin was off... Benjamin is the beefier and more robotic version of Michael Clayton.

once again you make ridiculous statements.with a guy like Watkins across from him he should have had even better numbers considering that everyone is doubling and tripling Watkins. your list of 2nd round WRs justifies my point. Benn, Jackson, and Young all were terrible 2nd round WR picks just like Bryant will beLike the poster above said FSU had 3 WRs right at 1000 yards and a TE over 500 and we didnt run a spread offense. if Bryant was so good he would have better numbers and not get the majority of his yards in garbage time. i wouldnt waste a 2nd on this guy. if hes there late in the 3rd or 4th id consider him but 38th overall is crazythere are probably 4-5 receivers id take in the 2nd/3rd before id look at Bryant

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d strongly consider him or a guard/TE in R2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With this WR class being so good, Why use an early pick on someone with a question mark? Unless you werent totally relying on them to pan out. The bucs pretty much need multiple WRs and they need them to pan out so I imagine the guys we pick will be safe picks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe I should expound on that. I don't doubt that there is serious interest in the player after what he did at the combine (I was wrong, it's 22 visits, not 17). Athletically he's a freak.The point is that "clean" players typically don't have that many visits. I can't name specific names, but I know for a fact we've drafted guys early without a single visit to One Buc (except for possibly a combine interview). I think teams want to see him in person because they are trying to figure out how coachable the kid is - he had one real year of production in 3 years, and everything I've read about him indicates that his route running was rudimentary. btw, his "drop rate" was 12.5%.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe I should expound on that. I don't doubt that there is serious interest in the player after what he did at the combine (I was wrong, it's 22 visits, not 17). Athletically he's a freak.The point is that "clean" players typically don't have that many visits. I can't name specific names, but I know for a fact we've drafted guys early without a single visit to One Buc (except for possibly a combine interview). I think teams want to see him in person because they are trying to figure out how coachable the kid is - he had one real year of production in 3 years, and everything I've read about him indicates that his route running was rudimentary. btw, his "drop rate" was 12.5%.

dont bother with Santana, hes got his head so far up his ass ITThes probably never even watched Bryant other than highlights. drops and screwups are never on a players' highlight reel

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not an exact comparison, but isn’t Bryant a bit like Tommy Streeter? Size/speed combo who never quite lived up to the hype in college. Bryant was the #3 prep player in the country. Streeter wasn’t quite as highly regarded, but still was a 4-star WR. Both seem to have concentration/body-catching issues.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not quite the same but a decent comparisonBryant was a bust when you consider his ranking and potential coming out of school. i remember when he signed with Clemson thinking that theyd have a dangerous duo with him and Watkins. Watkins was nasty, Bryant not so much

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

KB is over hyped because of his size. Bad hands, bad routes, ….I’d take Matthews in the 2nd all day long though.

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.