Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• Ken Grant

Participant

Free Agency

Draft

Figuring in the Evans extension and the players left out by Fanspeak’s cap app this would leave ~20-25M in space before draft.

Quarterbacks:

Jameis Winston
      Ryan Fitzpatrick
      Ryan Griffin

Running backs:

Sony Michel
      Branden Oliver
      Peyton Barber
      Chase Edmonds

Tight Ends:

Cameron Brate
      OJ Howard
      Anthony Auclair
      Alan Cross

Wide Receivers:

Mike Evans
      Desean Jackson
      Chris Godwin
      Adam Humphries
      Bobo Wilson
      Byron Pringle

Offensive Line:

Donovan Smith
      Josh Sitton
      Ryan Jensen
      Ali Marpet
      Demar Dotson
      Caleb Benenoch
      DJ Fluker
      Brian Allen
      Leonard Wester

Defensive Line:

Bradley Chubb
      Gerald McCoy
      Clinton McDonald
      Robert Ayers
      Will Gholston
      Dominique Easley
      Alex Okafor
      Nathan Shepard
      Stevie Tu’ikolovatu

Linebackers:

Lavonte David
      Kwon Alexander
      Kendell Beckwith
      Davonte Bond
      Shaquem Griffin

Cornerbacks:

EJ Gaines
      Aaron Colvin
      Vernon Hargreaves III
      Javien Elliott
      Ryan Smith

Safeties:

Josh Evans
      Kyzir White
      Chris Conte
      Keith Tandy
      Josh Robinson

Kicker:

Blair Walsh

Punter:

Bryan Anger

Longsnapper:

Some dude

What do you think, guys?

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

I was just going to ignore it and complain internally about every poster making their own thread about battle plans but then you hit me with the super organized and pretty looking tables and this now deserves attention.

I would strongly prefer Andrew Norwell to be our big guard signing due to age but Sitton could be a good stop gap until we can find someone younger there preferably through the draft. Allegedly Norwell to NYG is a lock anyways due to the Gettleman connection. I also like picking up both Gaines and Colvin at CB but I wonder who would play nickel between Colvin and VH3. And then final thing: you forgot Noah Spence lol.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Yes, pleasantly formatted, I will give you that. I also like the plan but fear it’s unlikelihood. With the exception of White and maybe Michel… don’t see the other 3 picks in top 5 rounds making it to the Bucs.

• Buc45

Participant

I would love it but I don’t think it is realistic. I use Fanspeak Mock as well and it just does not seem realistic this year. Chubb will not drop to 7 and I doubt Michel will be there either. I don’t know much about K. White but I do think we need to look at someone to partner with Evans in the draft.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Would love this to happen but its not realistic. 9 players signed in free agency?! I cant see that happening.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

T.I.,

“I also like picking up both Gaines and Colvin at CB but I wonder who would play nickel between Colvin and VH3.”

Notice that he didn’t resign Grimes. Gaines and Colvin would be the starting outside corners and VH3 would be the nickel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he left out Noah Spence because he figures he will be IR once again.

• seanbassak

Participant

I like this a lot, especially the FA side. I enjoy doing Fanspeak mocks but they’re generally unrealistic. I know we didn’t expect O.J. to fall to 19 but Chubb being there at 7 would be very surprising. Shephard is also probably a round 2 guy and Griffen has a shot at late round 3. Having said that I love the players you chose.
      I like the FA picks a lot. Okafor is my favorite of the pass rushers available. I also love the idea of having an interior OL of Marpet/Jensen/Sitton but I heard on a podcast (can’t remember if it was Ira or PR) that they don’t want to move Ali back to G because they felt he was just turning the corner at C. That bums me out but whatever.
      We need to address RB bad and I like your guys. Good stuff 👍🏻

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

@ja’crispy

True, but I was also just thinking from the perspective of Colvin having just had his best year in a full time nickel role. Would we keep him where hes had proven production or keep VH3 in that spot where he could be the most competent. Ideal scenario: Smitty realizes his own player’s strengths and let’s VH3 play in a press man role on the outside. Dare to dream.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Yea that would be nice. I’m not ready to give up oh VH3 being a outside corner. VH3 and EJ Gaines outside and Colvin in the slot. id be down with that.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

I’m still holding out hope the BUF sells the farm to move up with Indy. Its not likely that Chubb is there, but I’m not ready to rule it out. This is gonna be a crazy draft. Bank on it.

• SCLOBERNOCKER

Participant

I’m still holding out hope the BUF sells the farm to move up with Indy. Its not likely that Chubb is there, but I’m not ready to rule it out. This is gonna be a crazy draft. Bank on it.

• Ken Grant

Participant

Thank you for the feedback, guys. I mainly just wanted to test out Fanspeak’s free agency app and ended up making a short project out of it. Its a fun exercise. I certainly don’t expect much of this to happen.

I realize Fanspeak’s drafts are pretty iffy so I tried to avoid some of the crazier scenarios. Fair chance that Shepard and Shaq Griffin are not there but better than Taven Bryant being there in the second and several others that I deliberately passed on.

Noah Spence missing was in fact and oversight. A very telling one I suppose. I am terrified the team puts too many eggs in that basket again but in this scenario I would likely cut Will Gholston to make room for him provided Easley and Okafor are healthy enough to make the team. Could be sorted out in camp. Cutting Bobo would also be an option if the all of the above looked good.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

No to BoBo? No way.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.