Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• dalbuc

Participant

The answer is yes, we should claim him off waivers and we have a high eniught waiver priority to matter.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes and yes…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see him having more potential than Herron or Sheppard. Herron could be quite good in the slot eventually, and I’m intrigued by what Sheppard can do. I’ve watched most Pats games in the past year and he did have some good moments, but I just don’t see him as a starting receiver, and defintely not a slot receiver, so I don’t know where he would fit in.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t see Herron being much of anything and Sheppard is a sack of rocks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about No .

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just saw this.  I think he’d be a great pickup, especially if Evans is out any length of time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't see Herron being much of anything and Sheppard is a sack of rocks.

Well true, but I'd just like to see what they could do. I wouldn't mind putting Herron on the practice squad and picking up Thompkins. We could keep each of them and just pick out the best.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont give up on Herron yet.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kimbo Thompkins is only 6’1″. tho’…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Evans down probably 2-3 games he’s worth bringing in for sure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah he's the only one on the team really suited to play in the slot. He has a weak 40 time at the combine, but he plays much quicker than that. If they could actually get Tedford's offense up and running, then I think that Herron would be a decent player. So far he's barely had any targets. I think McCown threw too high to him twice, so fans think that he has bad hands.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had hands issues all through camp and it was part of his scouting report in college so it isn’t a few passes it is a big part of his problems.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah he's the only one on the team really suited to play in the slot. He has a weak 40 time at the combine, but he plays much quicker than that. If they could actually get Tedford's offense up and running, then I think that Herron would be a decent player. So far he's barely had any targets. I think McCown threw too high to him twice, so fans think that he has bad hands.

He hasn't done anything to warrant being active on gameday. Yes those passes from McCown were drops. They had to be thrown that way with touch to prevent breakups or interceptions. His vertical is alarmingly low for not plucking those balls from air.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was trying to be optimistic about Herron, but i have little patience for receivers who cant catch. Thats why Vincent Jackson bothers me more and more every year. I highly doubt anyone would claim Herron at this point so there is no harm in putting him on the practice squad and bringing in someone who is more game ready now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He hasn't done anything to warrant being active on gameday. Yes those passes from McCown were drops. They had to be thrown that way with touch to prevent breakups or interceptions. His vertical is alarmingly low for not plucking those balls from air.

Nonsense. Both would have been extremely tough catches . Especially the 2nd one because it was only about a 10 yard slant and McCown put way too much mustard on it .Bottom line is the guy is explosively quick in and out of his breaks so he creates seperation . We don't have anyone else who really has that. Perfect for a slot guy .He does need to work on the recent case of the dropsies , but drops weren't really a problem for him in college."STRENGTHS Good athlete. Exceptional straight-line timed speed -- can accelerate and get on top of DBs vertically. Quick-footed. Above-average hands."http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/robert-herron?id=2543777 I think it's just an adjusting to the speed of the game thing with him. Give him time he will clean it up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Hard-working kid, one of our hardest workers,” Belichick said that day. “He really tries hard to do everything right. Very attentive, very coachable, and he’s very hard-working.” Thompkins had been one of the standouts on the first few days of training camp. Then there was this from Brady from the first day of training camp: "He made some great plays. It’s exciting for a quarterback when you see a guy make those types of efforts and lay out and catch the ball like he did. He’s been doing that since he got here, and he’s another guy who’s put a lot of work in and fought really hard. It’s fun to be out there with him. I have a lot of confidence in him, a lot of trust. He’s a great guy. It’s fun to be out there with him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4769418/what-happened-to-kenbrell-thompkins

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thompkins had a pretty rough past: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenbrell_Thompkins

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nonsense. Both would have been extremely tough catches . Especially the 2nd one because it was only about a 10 yard slant and McCown put way too much mustard on it .Bottom line is the guy is explosively quick in and out of his breaks so he creates seperation . We don't have anyone else who really has that. Perfect for a slot guy .He does need to work on the recent case of the dropsies , but drops weren't really a problem for him in college."STRENGTHS Good athlete. Exceptional straight-line timed speed -- can accelerate and get on top of DBs vertically. Quick-footed. Above-average hands."http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/robert-herron?id=2543777 I think it's just an adjusting to the speed of the game thing with him. Give him time he will clean it up.

Exactly. If he dropped two well thrown balls and had a college history of dropping passes, then I would have no problem sticking him in the practice squad, but he hasn't gotten the best opportunities so far. Fans complain about not having an explosive slot receiver, and then want to get rid of fhe only potential guy on our roster who could fill that role because he dropped 2 passes that were 3 feet over his head.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn’t have above average hands. I’ll say flat out that report is wrong. I saw him in college and he was very sloppy catching the ball, he had all sorts of dropsies in camp and he hasn’t shown much of anything in the real games.  If we were a team with a decent cast of WR’s then Thompkins isn’t a guy I’d want but given the fact that right now Louis Murphy is a starter for us we need guys with some ability.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't have above average hands. I'll say flat out that report is wrong. I saw him in college and he was very sloppy catching the ball, he had all sorts of dropsies in camp and he hasn't shown much of anything in the real games.  If we were a team with a decent cast of WR's then Thompkins isn't a guy I'd want but given the fact that right now Louis Murphy is a starter for us we need guys with some ability.

When Evans comes back, what does Thompkins bring to the table though? We're looking at maybe one more game without Evans. Thompkins is not really a slot receiver, and he doesn't know the playbook. Louis Murphy is at least a deep threat, and knows the playbook. I don't want him starting because he's very inconsistent, but he's not going to. At least he brings something different than everyone else on the roster. Last game you saw what he could do when Vjax and Mike Evans are getting a lot of attention. Most team's 3rd/4th CB are going to get worked by him. Not to mention that Thompkins put up his stats last year when Gronkowski was out. Brady didn't have many other options. Thompkins has pretty much been invisible since then. It's just a case of one team's trash being our treasure. I'm sure Herron as a starting receiver on the Pats would be doing just as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched him also and I will say flat out you are full of crap.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raiders claimed him

• Anonymous

Inactive

Herron with a TD reception this week  . As I said , give it time people.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.