Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 101 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

This will go down as another epic fail on Licht’s part. We could have done so much better in the 3rd.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I’m not excited about the pick but I’ll give him a year before making such comparisons.

• BucNCane

Participant

Jeremy Nichols was afraid to get hit.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Yeah but Jeremy McNichols was friends with Snoop so he was cool

• Graham

Participant

I’ll choose to be positive until further notice.

Doesn’t seem like Vaughn was on anyone’s radar, but his 2018 was significantly better than 2019. Just under 8 (7.9) yards per carry in 2018 in the SEC. Had a nice game against top competition (LSU) early in 2019.

He averaged 6.4 yards per carry in his SEC career behind the 128th ranked offensive line (out of 130). D’Andre Swift, who so many people love, averaged 6.6 yards per carry in the SEC behind the second ranked offensive line.

He seems to have pretty good vision as an inside runner, and he’s extremely physical. Your typical good at everything great at nothing kind of player.

More positivity in this article if you’re up for it. Don’t read if you’re part of the doom and gloom crowd:

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta say I wasn’t thrilled about it immediately, but he’s a Buc now. Let’s hope the immensely talented supporting cast can make things easy on this kid, the coaching staff can draw up plays that cater to his strengths, and that Rojo continues taking steps forward.

After all the draft isnt an exact science. Kid might end up balling out.

• nitey

Participant

@Graham Thanks for posting. Every draft has guys that teams pick that the fans feel conflicted about and it seems Vaughn is that guy for us this year. However, Licht has picked ‘unknown’ guys before and had some success and this article along with some others I have read indicate that Vaughn is probably going to be better than most fans think. He’s hit some very long runs so he seems to have that ‘homerun’ gear and has a no-nonsense way of running that I appreciate. He also seems to have that ability to make himself ‘skinny’ in order to get those extra yards to avoid a loss when a run play breaks down. My guess is that he will end up in a tandem role with Jones and share carries/starts depending on offensive field position. I’m liking the pick more and like others, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him in games.

• Timbuc2

Participant

Look man, I remember when everyone was like “Chris Godwin who?” “Are you kidding me?”

You people are something else. Give the young man a chance.

I don’t need him to be “better than” Dobbins, Moss, or any other running back. As long as he works, stays humble, runs, catches, and blocks for Brady I’m good with it. Just be an effective link in the chain to keep the sprocket moving!

• MiltonMack21

Participant

I listened to him last night… yeah he doesn’t have it. Did Licht/BA even talk to the guy?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

He’s certainly not McNichols bad, and you can see that by the tape.

That’s now two 3rd rounders and a 2nd rounder on the running back position.

Just a bad value pick.

Oh well. Nothing surprising. Off to Day 3.

• Graham

Participant

People talk about value, but you also have to build a team.

They didn’t have a 4th round pick and don’t have the cap room to buy a RB. Who will be there in the 5th and beyond at the RB position that can contribute right away? They think this kid can, so they pulled the trigger.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Look man, I remember when everyone was like “Chris Godwin who?” “Are you kidding me?”

I don’t need him to be “better than” Dobbins, Moss, or any other running back. As long as he works, stays humble, runs, catches, and blocks for Brady I’m good with it. Just be an effective link in the chain to keep the sprocket moving!

Yup.

Vaughn is going to team with RoJo to form a nice 1-2 punch. Two physical runners that can break off a long run if given a crease. With the existing talent on offense it is going to be very exciting.

Build the trenches!

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

They didn’t have a 4th round pick and don’t have the cap room to buy a RB. Who will be there in the 5th and beyond at the RB position that can contribute right away? They think this kid can, so they pulled the trigger.

We already had someone at the RB position who could contribute right away.

You also have to think of the future.

They missed a great opportunity to nab Jensen’s replacement and free up $10M after this season.

Which we’ll need for Shaq and Godwin.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why not Moss is the question!

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Agree 100%

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Why not Moss is the question!

Cuz maybe they weren’t high on Moss.. Nobody had Zack Baun as a cant miss player and a sure fire 1st rounder and look where he went… just cuz we like a guys doesn’t mean GMs and coaches have to like them too… give the kid a chance be4 crucifying him.

• Graham

Participant

They missed a great opportunity to nab Jensen’s replacement and free up $10M after this season.

Cushenberry? Maybe they like Jensen? He had a nice 2019.

Clearly the front office isn’t focused on finding backups right now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean, I would have loved to have another OL, but Brady needs to have options at the RB to run McDaniel’s offense. Brady made that selection.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bucs only have RoJo under contract long term. Logan and Ogunbowale are the other backs on the roster so yeah the Bucs needed to add another player to the mix at RB.

Also, plenty of centers still left on the board like Nick Harris.

Build the trenches!

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Cushenberry? Maybe they like Jensen? He had a nice 2019.

Clearly the front office isn’t focused on finding backups right now.

Yep.

They have the “All In” mentality right now.

• parnelldickinson

Participant

If u could have fournette or keyshawn Vaughn. The answer is not debatable . Fournette all day everyday

• leeroybuc93

Participant

It is absolutely debatable when you consider contract and culture. Plus, what would Fournette have cost?

• cvillebucfan

Participant

The people that follow college ball loved the Godwin pick.

Time will tell on this one but we substantially over drafted here. Just hope we haven’t missed on another extremely deep RB class. Would make 2 out the last 4 years if so.

Timbuc2Participant

• ussoldier77

Participant

I understand how some will view it as a reach, however not having the 4th round pick now certainly moved the needle. Am I in love with the pick? No, however to say Licht has blown the draft over it is simple an uneducated statement. This draft is going well. For me, I think we need to draft a QB now, Gabbart is not the long term solution.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Time will tell on this one but we substantially over drafted here. Just hope we haven’t missed on another extremely deep RB class. Would make 2 out the last 4 years if so.

Timbuc2Participant

I felt at the time Godwin was a homerun pick. Vaughn is a solid double and will team with RoJo to form a 1-2 punch on the ground.

Build the trenches!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Godwin was a very good selection, from what I recall people liked the pick. His tape against USC was dominating. Against an NFL CB as well.

Timbuc2Participant

• BucsBay

Participant

This thread title is stupid. Jeremy Nichols didn’t put up 2700 yards and 24 TDs vs the SEC in 2 years.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

Exactly X. Then his combine confirmed everything.

ADW I hope! It’s not really fair to declare this is a great pick for us or it’s a horrible pick for us. Personally I see Vaughn as a JAG, just another guy. I would have tried to move heaven and earth to somehow get in there to get Dobbins or Ackers and maybe we tried that but I would have rather drafted another player or even position. We’ll see how it plays out.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

While I’m not enamored with the pick, I definitely prefer it over us taking the cheese and blowing our 2nd on Swift, Taylor, etc.

• BucsBay

Participant

I think Taylor is going to be great in Indy, but I agree Donkey. (btw, I don’t know how I forgot about Allen in Jax. my bad again :)

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

I think Taylor is going to be great in Indy, but I agree Donkey. (btw, I don’t know how I forgot about Allen in Jax. my bad again :)

Lol. No worries, sir.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

I have to kindly disagree. I went back and forth . I’ve not liked Rojo as much as other fans have.
      So just like Wirfs, whether the #1 or 4 RT , who cares when you consider the guy he is replacing could only go up. Then add the level of talent and it’s a huge hit.
      Not saying Vaughn is the equivalent of Wirfs to his position group. He however is that guy in the locker room rallying his lineman n the bigger , tougher guys around him. Then going out as a one man gang taking on the country’s best conferences defenses and BACKING up the talk with performance. Let me tell ya, that’s miles away from Ronald Jones. Rojo has his role and can break a play here n there. This guy is a dog!! Perfect leader/ on n off the field who has that same passion as our key leaders in our locker room now. Great pick up imho- best Bucs draft in a long time!

• BucsFan83

Participant

My thoughts are, when I look at the little tape I’ve seen of him, nothing absolutely jumps out on tape. Even in his break aways. He doesn’t have the speed, not sure about his reads, I guess his Pass blocking was ok. What he does have is though, is heart I can see. Stiff arming, trying to break through tackles, not being denied. He even gets really upset with his quarterback every time he blows a possible pass to him. So, I’m not sure about him, but he at least has the spirit and we’ll see what happens.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Don’t know much about the kid. Just hope he works out. If he does great better than most picks that fizzle out.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Yup. Godwin was a very good selection, from what I recall people liked the pick. His tape against USC was dominating. Against an NFL CB as well.

Timbuc2Participant

Yes Godwin was a good pick. He ran the sub 4.5 and Penn State didn’t exactly have draft day QB play. I think Hamler suffered from some of that same issue. Godwin had tape vs USC plus all the “ combine” intangibles. Again where’s “ heart” ever tested. Godwin is the most hard nosed physical blocking WR in the league. Vaughn has heart. I’m sorry you can have talent but lack the heart. Idk who was the better play, when you consider getting IMHO a top 2 Safety in 2nd. Zach Moss but who else? Moss plays at Utah where they are a sum of all parts. All top recruits, good coaching , conference contenders. Vaughn was a one man army.
      I put more faith in that than some guy being a part of an accumulative machine.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I give you credit for that. I just don’t think his skill set will translate into anything
      More than a gap slamming 3ypc type. Just from what I see anyway. I could be wrong but by and large that was an underwhelming selection and RoJo better get better at pass pro. I just don’t see greatness
      From Vaughn. He does nothing that wows anyone.

Timbuc2Participant

Yes Godwin was a good pick. He ran the sub 4.5 and Penn State didn’t exactly have draft day QB play. I think Hamler suffered from some of that same issue. Godwin had tape vs USC plus all the “ combine” intangibles. Again where’s “ heart” ever tested. Godwin is the most hard nosed physical blocking WR in the league. Vaughn has heart. I’m sorry you can have talent but lack the heart. Idk who was the better play, when you consider getting IMHO a top 2 Safety in 2nd. Zach Moss but who else? Moss plays at Utah where they are a sum of all parts. All top recruits, good coaching , conference contenders. Vaughn was a one man army.
      I put more faith in that than some guy being a part of an accumulative machine.

• BucHarbour

Participant

That article on Vaugh pretty much sums up what I saw over the last two years of SEC ball. If he was running behind Georgia’s line, you’d know who he was. He was the only thing I worried about when we played Vandy. He got some really good runs and passes against LSU and Georgia last year, despite the depleted offense of Vandy, and their crap O-line. I think some of you are going to be surprised. Go watch some of the youtube videos, he rarely goes down on first contact, and often made yardage when there was nothing there (something that was quite frequent with their O-line). He’s also quite good in pass pro from what I’ve seen and remember, though Vandy would get blitzed constantly due to their lack of receiving threats and a meh QB. One thing you’ll definitely notice, if he gets a big hole, you’re in trouble as a defense. He’s a homerun back when big holes occur.

• Havok904

Participant

ROJO will be the featured back at this point. Ke’Shawn Vaughn, at his present skillsets, will augment the RB group.

But I must admit, this pick was a head scratcher.

Let’s hope the Bucs bring more backs into camp.

• Havok904

Participant

deflategatesteve.
      I mean, I would have loved to have another OL, but Brady needs to have options at the RB to run McDaniel’s offense. Brady made that selection.
      ____
      He won’t be running McDaniels’ offense in Tampa.

• jaybuc88

Participant

If any of you have watched him play in the SEC you know he can rip up a defense. He tore holes in LSU, Florida, and Georgia and behind a pretty awful OLine. The Bucs didn’t have a 4th

• KingTampa007

Participant

Huge fan of Vaughn. He’s a dog and has a enormous amount of juice. I think people forget that he had the most big runs in the country. And he did this in the SEC. he’s going to be a very good player for us.

• jaybuc88

Participant

Also Zach Moss has knee issues.

• BucD

Participant

On the surface, this is what Licht and his team does, specifically the RB position. Did we need a pass-catching, three-down RB? Yes. Do you force the issue? No. The positional value is not there. There were so many good players available that we could have used.

That said, what’s done is done. He’s a Buccaneer now so I’m hoping he can be Tom’s James White. Hoping lol

• jaybuc88

Participant

On the surface, this is what Licht and his team does, specifically the RB position. Did we need a pass-catching, three-down RB? Yes. Do you force the issue? No. The positional value is not there. There were so many good players available that we could have used.

That said, what’s done is done. He’s a Buccaneer now so I’m hoping he can be Tom’s James White. Hoping lol

Have you watched him play in the SEC?

• KingTampa007

Participant

He was a straight beast in the SEC. 2018 was incredible. 2019 they were gunning for him and he still played well. Playing with 8-9 people in the box, in the sec, with one of the worst o-lines and still being productive is quite a feat

• red816

Participant

I don’t see the similarities to McNichols at all.

Vaughn seems like a much more physical runner.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Welp, the red board is gonna red board I see.

This thread should be fun to revisit, if history is any indicator.

• Collin P

Participant

Do we honestly know this was for sure a Licht pick and not a Tom Brady pick. He’s pretty much taken over Tampa. Walking into strangers houses, breaking into parks, changing the name of the city!
      Is it out of the question to think he had a part in picking Vaugh? If so, would that change anyone’s perspective.

• lordnlkon

Participant

So apparently of his 1028 yards last year, something like 734 of them came after first contact. That’s pretty nuts.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

So, does Vaughn end up as the bell cow back?

• BucD

Participant

Have you watched him play in the SEC?

I watched some stuff last night and I didn’t see anything that warranted over drafting him in the 3rd round at a low positional value position like RB. Particularly when there were plenty of other players available with much higher positional value.

Yeah, we did need a RB who’s a plus in the receiving game and a plus in pass pro. Licht missed out on the good ones resulting in him panicking and taking Vaughn. I hope he pans out and is a big contributor or at least he better be for where he was taken.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Can you let this guy actually play before you start comparing him to Mcnichols??? Jeez give the guy a chance.

• KingTampa007

Participant

Vaughn is a dog. This post will be hilarious when the season gets going.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Was Vaughn a reach? Yes.

Does Vaughn fill a specific need? Yes.

What specific need? Pass catching and pass blocking.

I knew we were going to select a RB and since we lost both 4th round picks, we were forced into selecting Vaughn in the 3rd round. RB Gibson was the most obvious choice, but he was selected early in the 3rd round and we had no more ammo to trade up.

From many different scouts, Vaughn has “soft mitts and long arms”. That means he’s got a longer catching radius, which helps in catching the ball because that extra inch or inch and a half does matter in catching the ball or “could have had it, but off his finger tips”. That extra radius does wonders in other sports such as basketball in terms of shot blocking or shooting arc.

Vaughn can pivot very well. Not only is this good in being elusive as a runner, but in pass blocking as the RB is looking where the blitzer is coming from. He is also a willing pass blocker, but not too many opportunities in doing so.

Vaughn is similar to Charles Sims, he too was drafted in the 3rd round of 2014. Sims was selected to replace Doug Martin, but we found out quickly in his rookie year that Sims wasn’t a 3-down back, but a 3rd down or change-of-pace back. With great OLine blocking, Sims was able to average 4.9 yards on the ground in 2015.

I don’t hate the pick, I just hate where he was picked. The same goes for OT Wirfs in the first round. I’m relieved to have one of the top-4 OT’s, but how we got him was inexcusable as it cost us a 4th in a bidding war with no other team, but ourselves. Recall how Licht hinted at moving up in the 2nd round after the first round ended? Welp, he must have been eye-balling Grant Delpit and teams were wanting a good return. Licht blew his wad with no fourth rounders to move up and, probably, didn’t want to trade a 2021 pick. Fortunately, we got lucky and Winfield was still there. (Recall that longer catching radius I mentioned earlier for RB Vaughn? Welp, that’s one of the factors I wanted Delpit. Delpit has a slightly longer arm reach than Winfield, but if you factor in their heights (Delpit is 6’2 and Winfield is 5’9, or a 5″ difference), then Delpit wins “hands” down. Also, Delpit ran a 4.39 to Winfield’s 4.45. Still, grabbing Winfield is a significant upgrade to our safety corps.

Licht’s mistake in the first round affected the rest of the selections in one shape or form. I don’t see Vaughn replacing Rojo at all, but rather a compliment to Rojo b/c Rojo can’t do anything that has a “pass” descriptor on offense. Vaughn can line up next to Brady in shotgun on 3rd down and if Brady sees something he can exploit, then he can tell Vaughn to line up at wideout with the defense respecting Vaughn’s capacity to efficiently catch the ball b/c of his pivoting and pass catching skills.

There’s a reason Vaughn wasn’t drafted in the first two rounds, but Vaughn could surprise us. I don’t think that year will be in 2020 because we don’t have two mauling guards. We ran 70% of our runs up the middle (LG-C-RG) and we did nothing to improve that disposition. If Haeg beats out Cappa at RG, then we might have a glimmer of a chance at a decent run game.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

You can keep saying we were bidding against only ourselves but multiple sources have confirmed that’s just not the case. Keep it up, though… I guess.

• kenntak

Participant

I like how people claim that Licht made the pick because he was panicking. What use is pure speculation like that? I don’t like a lot of things that Licht does, but people on this board apparently claim to be inside his head and know his emotions. Licht would laugh at a lot of posts on this board.

• KingTampa007

Participant

I’ll just say Vaughn is an intense, tough player with a good amount of juice. I think he’s going to be a very good back for us. I love the way he explodes through the hole. He’s nothing like sims. Sims liked to dance way too much. Vaughn is a missile. Our run game is going to open up so much with Brady. Watch it look like a totally different run game next year. Both ROJO and Vaughn are going to kill it.

• ABuccsFan

Participant

Ferocious applause!

“For a brief, shining moment in history a select breed truly lived free.”…….Unkown

• ABuccsFan

Participant

Was Vaughn a reach? Yes.

Does Vaughn fill a specific need? Yes.

What specific need? Pass catching and pass blocking.

I knew we were going to select a RB and since we lost both 4th round picks, we were forced into selecting Vaughn in the 3rd round. RB Gibson was the most obvious choice, but he was selected early in the 3rd round and we had no more ammo to trade up.

From many different scouts, Vaughn has “soft mitts and long arms”. That means he’s got a longer catching radius, which helps in catching the ball because that extra inch or inch and a half does matter in catching the ball or “could have had it, but off his finger tips”. That extra radius does wonders in other sports such as basketball in terms of shot blocking or shooting arc.

Vaughn can pivot very well. Not only is this good in being elusive as a runner, but in pass blocking as the RB is looking where the blitzer is coming from. He is also a willing pass blocker, but not too many opportunities in doing so.

Vaughn is similar to Charles Sims, he too was drafted in the 3rd round of 2014. Sims was selected to replace Doug Martin, but we found out quickly in his rookie year that Sims wasn’t a 3-down back, but a 3rd down or change-of-pace back. With great OLine blocking, Sims was able to average 4.9 yards on the ground in 2015.

I don’t hate the pick, I just hate where he was picked. The same goes for OT Wirfs in the first round. I’m relieved to have one of the top-4 OT’s, but how we got him was inexcusable as it cost us a 4th in a bidding war with no other team, but ourselves. Recall how Licht hinted at moving up in the 2nd round after the first round ended? Welp, he must have been eye-balling Grant Delpit and teams were wanting a good return. Licht blew his wad with no fourth rounders to move up and, probably, didn’t want to trade a 2021 pick. Fortunately, we got lucky and Winfield was still there. (Recall that longer catching radius I mentioned earlier for RB Vaughn? Welp, that’s one of the factors I wanted Delpit. Delpit has a slightly longer arm reach than Winfield, but if you factor in their heights (Delpit is 6’2 and Winfield is 5’9, or a 5″ difference), then Delpit wins “hands” down. Also, Delpit ran a 4.39 to Winfield’s 4.45. Still, grabbing Winfield is a significant upgrade to our safety corps.

Licht’s mistake in the first round affected the rest of the selections in one shape or form. I don’t see Vaughn replacing Rojo at all, but rather a compliment to Rojo b/c Rojo can’t do anything that has a “pass” descriptor on offense. Vaughn can line up next to Brady in shotgun on 3rd down and if Brady sees something he can exploit, then he can tell Vaughn to line up at wideout with the defense respecting Vaughn’s capacity to efficiently catch the ball b/c of his pivoting and pass catching skills.

There’s a reason Vaughn wasn’t drafted in the first two rounds, but Vaughn could surprise us. I don’t think that year will be in 2020 because we don’t have two mauling guards. We ran 70% of our runs up the middle (LG-C-RG) and we did nothing to improve that disposition. If Haeg beats out Cappa at RG, then we might have a glimmer of a chance at a decent run game.

Why did you go into the garbage collection business? You obviously have the scouting acumen to be a GM. How come you’re not working for any NFL teams?

“For a brief, shining moment in history a select breed truly lived free.”…….Unkown

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

You can keep saying we were bidding against only ourselves but multiple sources have confirmed that’s just not the case. Keep it up, though… I guess.

From the horse’s mouth (admitting there were no actual other bidders, just “potential” at the 0:53 mark start):

https://youtu.be/lb698kbBebQ

The odd part about that interview was Licht saying, “No risk it, no biscuit” like Arians said. What? Licht didn’t risk it as he traded up to remove that potential risk. It’s literally the opposite of what Arians’ is pushing. ha ha ha hah

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@Abuccsfan

Why did you go into the garbage collection business? You obviously have the scouting acumen to be a GM. How come you’re not working for any NFL teams?

Are you mad jelly because I possess creativity, history, scope, compare, contrast, … oh. You didn’t care to talk about what I wrote, but rather attacked me personally.

ha ha ha ha

We’re picking a RB in the 3rd round of the 2020 draft b/c our 2nd round 2018 RB isn’t good enough. Our GM also selected 6 DB’s in back-to-back seasons of 2018 and 2019. Our top 3 round selections couldn’t stick with the Bucs (1st CB VH3, 2nd 3-4OLB Spence, and 2nd K Aguayo). Oh, did I already mentioned that GM Licht selected RB Charles Sims in the third round to replace RB Doug Martin.

Licht drafted MJ Stewart before Stewart.
      Licht drafted SMB before Dean.
      Licht drafted OT Alex Cappa to be a starting RG in 2018 to beat OT Caleb Benenoch.
      Licht traded up for K Aguayo.

Maybe you should enlighten yourself with Bucs’ history before typing. You could possibly “add to the discussion” than to “attack are person”. There is a difference. Go after the idea, not the person. Attacking the person means you have no idea to discuss, which is what you’re proving. This is a discussion board after all.

• ABuccsFan

Participant

What is hilarious is you completely don’t understand what he was saying. All teams do the same thing during pre draft preparation. They identify teams that may want to trade in front of them to choose the player they desire. To guard against that situation you trade up. No one knows if that would have happened until weeks after a draft when reports are leaked. You act as if every team gets an alert on their cell phone that says, “warning: teams are trying to trade up. So if you are intrested in this slot you better act fast.”
      It was reported that Miami wanted to trade up for a Tackle. Do we know for sure? No. They did draft one a few picks later so it makes sense. What Licht did was what team has/does/will do when their targeted player may be snatched out in front of them.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

“There could potentially be some teams moving up into that spot to get him.” Which was later comfirmed. Great trade.

• ABuccsFan

Participant

You are too easy to attack. You are such a miserable person with such a sad existence, you can’t share in the happiness and joy of what the NFL draft is….HOPE. Instead you choose to be angry, miserable, sad and self righteous by picking out and shouting from the roof tops about all the possible bad that could become of the draft because the GM didn’t pick the players, or make the moves YOU THOUGHT he should make. You’re right, this is a discussion board, not the suicide hotline. Cheer the fuck up you whiney bitch.

• JamesButabi

Participant

I dont mind reaching a bit but if you are going to make that pick at least have a trade down partner to recoup some draft capital. Licht wastes so much draft capital with little decisions. They all add up to significantly less picks year in and year out for this team.

• Beatles123

Participant

this threads a bit tense, don’t you think?

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Like McNichols, why? Did Vaughn have trouble grasping playbooks? If not they are nothing alike.

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

Vaughn is a punishing runner w an alpha attitude. Hope he rubs off on RoJo and the OL.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Vaughn is faster than ROJO, and he excelled in the SEC behind one of the worst O-lines. Dude was constantly getting hit before he could get going but still ripped off huge yardage. Trust me, he’s a better back than ROJO.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right on.

What is hilarious is you completely don’t understand what he was saying. All teams do the same thing during pre draft preparation. They identify teams that may want to trade in front of them to choose the player they desire. To guard against that situation you trade up. No one knows if that would have happened until weeks after a draft when reports are leaked. You act as if every team gets an alert on their cell phone that says, “warning: teams are trying to trade up. So if you are intrested in this slot you better act fast.”
      It was reported that Miami wanted to trade up for a Tackle. Do we know for sure? No. They did draft one a few picks later so it makes sense. What Licht did was what team has/does/will do when their targeted player may be snatched out in front of them.

• TB127

Participant

Vaughn is a mature young man who has grinded it out during his college career. He can pass block and has really good receiving ability. He is a one cut and go type of guy with enough speed to break one. He will never be super flashy like everyone loves to see but for this win now team he is ready to go from day 1 with his experienced demeanor.

• jaybuc88

Participant

Anyone who doesn’t like Vaughn apparently never watched his SEC game film. Dude is a legit stud.

• KingTampa007

Participant

Anyone who doesn’t like Vaughn apparently never watched his SEC game film. Dude is a legit stud.

Agreed.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Looking at his tape, Peyton Barber is a good comparison except Vaughn is a better prospect.

Similar running style. Vaughn has better long speed and better out of the backfield. Another comparison is Bradys go to RB out of the backfield. James White with better long speed.

I don’t dislike the pick.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

This thread title is stupid. Jeremy Nichols didn’t put up 2700 yards and 24 TDs vs the SEC in 2 years.

You’re right. McNichols put up 3200 yards and 44 TD’s in 2 seasons.

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I’m not enamored with the pick, I definitely prefer it over us taking the cheese and blowing our 2nd on Swift, Taylor, etc.

Oh lol, the same Johnathan Taylor with 1450 yards from scrimmage??

You mean that Jonathan Taylor?

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread should be fun to revisit, if history is any indicator.

I love being right

• BucBalla85

Participant

If Jones is any indication, we shouldn’t judge the first year too much. He will get another opportunity or two after this season in camp. If he plays well he will get another shot at making the team and playing in games again. We invested a pretty high choice into him. I’m not ready to call it a day on him yet.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

If Jones is any indication, we shouldn’t judge the first year too much. He will get another opportunity or two after this season in camp. If he plays well he will get another shot at making the team and playing in games again. We invested a pretty high choice into him. I’m not ready to call it a day on him yet.

While I am the OP of this post I do see some potential there for Vaughn to be decent next year with a full training camp. He’s not quite as bad as I thought but, I still think we could have got him in a later round.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Buc_Boi, I have to give you credit, this is as close as I’ve seen you come to criticizing a Licht pick.

If it wasn’t just another blatant attempt to attack other posters (your obvious favorite hobby), then I would almost suspect growth in your analytical ability.

Regarding this zombie thread, many are right to say we’ve got to give Vaughn some time to develop and show in the next year or two if he can turn into the player we need, and who will stick in the NFL. He’s already made it farther than McNichols did in his first year.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Up until the Washington game, Vaughn was clearly running better than Fournette. Of course, Fournette must have finally ate his Wheaties Saturday morning. On every Vaughn run I’ve seen this season, except one where he got mauled by a couple guys behind the line, he pushes/dives/stretches forward for that extra yard or two. He needs OTA’s and training camp to get fully in sync with what he is doing out there, but he’s fast to the hole and he almost broke a couple of runs. I’ve also seen him get some excellent pass blocks as well, including one, where he ran the DE around behind Brady to let him get a big pass off (it was a completed long bomb). Kids going to be good. How good? Time will tell.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Yeah.

And, I’m still taking Winfield every time.

Does your uncle Jason know you’re criticizing his Winfield pick, and subsequently, his RoJo pick?

Fake fan…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Haven’t read a single response yet but ill just say this.

I thought rojo was terrible after his rookie year as well.

Give the kid sometime.

Also Jeremy McNichols is still in the league at least. Not the worst 5th round pick ever. Far from, in fact.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Guys like Joe Williams and D’onta Forman who aren’t in the league were picked before Jeremy… but you idiots choose to hang on the fact things didn’t work for him here and blame Licht for it.. things look like they’re working out for our in TEN getting burn for a playoff team… and Vaughn will be a good player with a little more confidence maybe even great.. his blocking for a rookie is second to none, runs hard, catches fluently what else is he supposed to do.. he’s not known as a fumbler and has high character… give him time and it’ll pay off

• Live4BUCS

Participant

Vaughn can take another back seat again next year. James White is a UFA and better be a Buc. You think our offense is good this year? – then wait until we have a back who can actually catch (and pass block) the way Brady likes. One thing i think the Bucs will need this Sunday vs the Saints.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buc_Boi, I have to give you credit, this is as close as I’ve seen you come to criticizing a Licht pick.

Unlike you clowns, I blamed Winston not our GM for winstons play. Really isn’t that difficult to see

“If it wasn’t just another blatant attempt to attack other posters (your obvious favorite hobby)”,

bumping one of many failed ideas from a narcissist is hardly attacking someone, perhaps you should change you tampon?

“then I would almost suspect growth in your analytical ability.”

Analytical ability? Lol did you not reread this topic? CLEARLY, you clowns have no idea what in the hell you’re talking about… stay tuned, all the other topics I’m bumping will paint a very clear picture showing yalls brilliant analytical abilities.

Regarding this zombie thread, many are right to say we’ve got to give Vaughn some time to develop and show in the next year or two if he can turn into the player we need, and who will stick in the NFL. He’s already made it farther than McNichols did in his first year.

You’d take Vaughn over Taylor, just like DH wished we had?

Actually, my only offseason prediction was a new QB and Kicker since that’s what held us form success the previous year, and look at that I was right. I even left my thesaurus at home too.

Please refute this claim so I can bump my next topic a few days early.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And, I’m still taking Winfield every time

Nice try moving goal posts, ADG…

You’d rather have Vaughn over Taylor? you were very clear with your post. Not sure why all of a sudden your bringing Winfield’s name up now in the conversation for.

The sort of brilliant football acumen and analytical ability I’ve come to expect from nobody’s groupies.

Get your popcorn ready ADG, you and your daddy are in for a long offseason.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it wasn’t just another blatant attempt to attack other posters (your obvious favorite hobby)

Btw, calling out narcissist for their many failed ideas is not attacking them.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Explain how I’m “moving the goalposts”.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He was awful last game. Vaughn needs to unfugg himself this week, with RoJo being a possible scratch.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

So… You’d rather draft an RB in the 2nd round over S Winfield? One of our biggest problems in 2019 was our secondary.

I’d rather go S Winfield in the 2nd and RB Vaughn in the 3rd. Actually, I’d rather go S Winfield in the 2nd and C Hennessey/Cushenberry in the 3rd.

Vaughn is a 4th/5th round RB, which is a project RB. I value building up the trenches with a higher end pick. It took Cappa 3 seasons to be at average playing level and he was a late 3rd round pick. None of our 5th round OL picks ever panned out to be close to average (Pamphile, Benenoch). But our UDFA Peyton Barber was able to find success at the NFL level.

to add injury to insult, to keep Barber, it would have cost us $3 mil for two seasons, or $1.5 mil per year. Do you know how much it costs to sign OT Haeg? $2.3 mil. We would have saved $0.8 mil in retaining Barber and drafting C Hennessy/Cushenberry to develop. In fact, this would have helped us a lot more because Barber is a better pass blocker than anyone we have on our roster and can catch the ball too.

Also, we signed Shady McCoy to a $1 mil contract. We could have saved a total of $1.8 mil by retaining RB Barber, drafting C Hennessy/Cushenberry in the third, and signed an UDFA RB over drafting RB Vaughn in the third rd, signing RB McCoy, and signing OT Haeg.

But it would be a licht thing to do to draft an RB in the 2020 2nd rd instead of grabbing a top-end coverage S where we have been porous for years. Licht did just that in 2018, instead of trading up for a Guard for a starter, he used the 2nd round pick on RB Rojo. Our Oline never truly had a starting RG b/c 2018 rookie 3rd rd pick RG Cappa couldn’t beat out RG Benenoch, who Benenoch couldn’t beat out a turnstile.

BTW, in having C Hennessy or Cushenberry on the roster this year would mean we could save $10 mil in 2021 by moving on from C Jensen. Atlanta picked up C Hennessy knowing they would have to move on from C Alex Mack after this season, his last year of his 5-year contract.

Some of us play chess, while other see a chess/checkers board and play tic-tac-toe.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

So… You’d rather draft an RB in the 2nd round over S Winfield? One of our biggest problems in 2019 was our secondary.

I’d rather go S Winfield in the 2nd and RB Vaughn in the 3rd. Actually, I’d rather go S Winfield in the 2nd and C Hennessey/Cushenberry in the 3rd.

Thank you, Hockey.

I thought it was evidently clear what I said. And, yes, you and I conversed on here before (and during)the draft about taking Hennessy in the 3rd (or possibly moving back into the 2nd).

I’ll wait to see the new and creative way BucBoi tries to spin this straw man of his.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Analytical ability? Lol did you not reread this topic? CLEARLY, you clowns have no idea what in the hell you’re talking about… stay tuned, all the other topics I’m bumping will paint a very clear picture showing yalls brilliant analytical abilities.

Again, you aren’t offering anything new or original, just attacking (yep, truth hurts I guess) others ideas.

Thanks for the “take down”. Coming from one of the boards biggest perpetual fails, I take that as a compliment.

And if you think taking J. Taylor, over Winfield would have been a good move, if that is your original thought, then, yeah, totally disagree. And that has nothing to do with any of the posts of your various nemesi on this board, but with what I see with my own eyes and what is important to building a solid team.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Some of us play chess, while other see a chess/checkers board and play tic-tac-toe.

And others should play shuffleboard and forget about this whole football thing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is johnathan Taylor a bust?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, you aren’t offering anything new or original, just attacking (yep, truth hurts I guess) others ideas.

Thanks for the “take down”. Coming from one of the boards biggest perpetual fails, I take that as a compliment.

And if you think taking J. Taylor, over Winfield would have been a good move, if that is your original thought, then, yeah, totally disagree. And that has nothing to do with any of the posts of your various nemesi on this board, but with what I see with my own eyes and what is important to building a solid team.

Me laughing at DH failed predictions is my offering, who cares if you like it. Shits funny

I’m not here to predict the draft or make as bold of a prediction as Johnathan Taylor is a bust like other more informed opinions would.

I’m Simply here to laugh at the laughable failures that was predicted.

Does that hurt your feelings, Or should I start looking at your posts next?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vaughn is a 4th/5th round RB, which is a project RB. I value building up the trenches with a higher end pick. It took Cappa 3 seasons to be at average playing level and he was a late 3rd round pick. None of our 5th round OL picks ever panned out to be close to average (Pamphile, Benenoch). But our UDFA Peyton Barber was able to find success at the NFL level.

to add injury to insult, to keep Barber, it would have cost us $3 mil for two seasons, or $1.5 mil per year. Do you know how much it costs to sign OT Haeg? $2.3 mil. We would have saved $0.8 mil in retaining Barber and drafting C Hennessy/Cushenberry to develop. In fact, this would have helped us a lot more because Barber is a better pass blocker than anyone we have on our roster and can catch the ball too.

Also, we signed Shady McCoy to a $1 mil contract. We could have saved a total of $1.8 mil by retaining RB Barber, drafting C Hennessy/Cushenberry in the third, and signed an UDFA RB over drafting RB Vaughn in the third rd, signing RB McCoy, and signing OT Haeg.

But it would be a licht thing to do to draft an RB in the 2020 2nd rd instead of grabbing a top-end coverage S where we have been porous for years. Licht did just that in 2018, instead of trading up for a Guard for a starter, he used the 2nd round pick on RB Rojo. Our Oline never truly had a starting RG b/c 2018 rookie 3rd rd pick RG Cappa couldn’t beat out RG Benenoch, who Benenoch couldn’t beat out a turnstile.

BTW, in having C Hennessy or Cushenberry on the roster this year would mean we could save $10 mil in 2021 by moving on from C Jensen. Atlanta picked up C Hennessy knowing they would have to move on from C Alex Mack after this season, his last year of his 5-year contract.

So you’d agree, Taylor was bust?

Surprising

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look at all you licht haters squirm!

Gonna be a super fun offseason this year!!!

Y’all just wait til I bump up yalls post from the Winston era, talk about pure gold!

Believe me, you couldn’t make this shit up.

• Biggs3535

Participant

So you’d agree, Taylor was bust?

Surprising

Shuffleboard is gonna shuffleboard.

• Anonymous

Inactive

About as informative as Biggs gets, wouldn’t expect anything less.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Is johnathan Taylor a bust?

No. And, where did I say or insinuate that?

And, how is it a “failed prediction” as you’ve been crying through multiple threads?

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Winfield was an outstanding second round pick. I would trade him for any RB

Viewing 101 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.