Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

One of the first football questions I will ask a Bucs fan when I meet him/her is “what is your opinion on Keyshawn Johnson (when he was a Buc”)?  I’ve found, with that simple question, you can find out all you need to know about that person as a fan of the Bucs.So with that, I will open up the question to you fine people here:  what is your opinion on Keyshawn Johnson ?? (during his tenure as a Buc)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ecstatic when we got him, ecstatic when he left. Hell, that would describe my feelings on a few Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always felt like he was a bit overrated. He was what he was. A bonafide possession receiver.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was in 9-10th grade when we got him and was pumped as hell. Bought a jersey and everything. Like many I thought he was the answer on offense. Despite this not being the case, I remained a staunch supporter throughout his Bucs tenure, up until his Meshawn implosion in 2003 at which point I was ready to move on.Since then I've come to realize what a huge d'bag he is, and am somewhat irked that my childhood self was hoodwinked into liking him. Then again I was just a kid, and he also was part of a SB team, so I've sort of let go of even that at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ecstatic when we got him, ecstatic when he left. Hell, that would describe my feelings on a few Bucs.

Same

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy was money and a pain in the ass. One tough hombre over the middle

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s a mixed bag.  While he was a productive WR, he was also a whiny Parcells butt-baby.  If you listened to jest fans, they warned you…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t as good as I expected him to be and the Bucs definitely overpaid for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mouth was real big but I did admire his toughness and willing to take shots in the midde.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

there is NO questioning his toughness

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a pain. One of the worst trades in Tampa bay history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't think we win a championship without him, so it was definitely worth it IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was definitely a beast in regards to going over the middle. He took some punishment. But, has there ever been a slower #1 receiver? Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Loved his game from a toughness standpoint.  Hated his me first attitude.  Hated the post super bowl crumbing that was fostered by bickering with Gruden.  I am glad we got him though, he was money in key times in 2002.  Mark Carrier and Kevin house are still the two best WR’s we’ve ever had IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Worst trades?  Are you serious?  We wouldnt have won a super bowl without him...give me those kind of trades all day long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look at my username (I made this when there was an official TBBBB)  I was extatic we finally had somewhat of a threat at the WR position when we got him, from a production standpoint and an attitude standpoint my opinion on Keyshawn is Meh… Though i did love having Keyshawn, Keenan and JJ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A pain personality wise. A solid possession receiver. Played a solid part in the Super Bowl run though I believe McCardell was a more important pickup. I was super excited when we traded for him, and wasn’t the least bit surprised when he got in the doghouse and shown the door.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And speed too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good player who was closer to being a flashlight than he ever would have admitted.  To himself least of all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t really have many negative things to say about anybody on the Super Bowl team.Keyshawn was a good player.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I don't really have many negative things to say about anybody on the Super Bowl team.Keyshawn was a good player.

Whoop!...there it is!!I concur.  I don't and never will have a negative thought about any rostered player on our Super Bowl team, and that goes from Derrick Brooks to Rob Johnson.I also concur with most people here, and I'm happy to see that they too realize that Keyshawn put his body out there and took hits like I had never seen a Buccaneer receiver take before.  You can say what you want to about the man, but ALL HE DID WAS MOVE THE CHAINS.The "pain in the ass" part?  I have a different take.  I look back on those days fondly, and having two of the biggest mouths in football on our team at once, Sapp and Keyshawn.  The both made offenses and defenses pissed off with their antics, and it worked.  "Fake ass John Randle" will live in infamy with me.  lolKey was one of the first guys to stand up on the players bench and turn around to a destroyed Eagles fanbase and proclaim right at them on the top of his lungs  "WE SHUT DOWN THE VET!!!!!".  That game in many ways, has a much more personal place in my heart than even our superbowl win.We could use some of that swagger that some of you call "attention seeking" or "pain in the ass".Sapp daddy gave it to our defense, and Keyshawn gave it to our offense.  It was perfect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good at the position, but a douch e bag in every day life.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

why is the last part even mentioned?  did you live with him?  work for him? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Flashlight Signed, Wayne Chrebet

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Hey, who’s that dude waving his arms, wide open in the middle of the field? Looks like Keyshawn. But I prefer to throw into triple coverage.”Signed:Shaun King

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely needed for the SB win, but pretty much a cancer after that. One of my least favorite Bucs ever. All about himself first, last, and foremost. Very happy to see him leave.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A big piece of the Super Bowl team and I thank him for his part in it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why is the last part even mentioned?  did you live with him?  work for him?

beat me to it. The guy should be judged based on what happened between the white lines.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Off the field….I remember digging his restaurant ProFusion too, damn good food there the two times I went.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t really see how an opinion on Keyshawn Johnson tells you all you need to know about a Bucs fan. 99.9% of fans are supremely grateful for his contribution to the team and the Super Bowl. Most just also acknowledge that he was arrogant and a distraction to the team. I don’t think that makes him a terrible person. Some people apparently care about the players personalities and public perception, some people could care less. Neither type of fan is any better than the other.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I don't really see how an opinion on Keyshawn Johnson tells you all you need to know about a Bucs fan.

Most don't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't really see how an opinion on Keyshawn Johnson tells you all you need to know about a Bucs fan. 99.9% of fans are supremely grateful for his contribution to the team and the Super Bowl. Most just also acknowledge that he was arrogant and a distraction to the team. I don't think that makes him a terrible person. Some people apparently care about the players personalities and public perception, some people could care less. Neither type of fan is any better than the other.

Apparently, this was a test? Pathetic...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

DungHunter, I’m starting to think you like getting slapped around.If you've got nothing pertinent to the thread topic, I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my threads, but first get me a beer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DungHunter, I'm starting to think you like getting slapped around.If you've got nothing pertinent to the thread topic, I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my threads, but first get me a beer.

I added my two cents earlier. Maybe you missed that princess. I doubt you drink beer. Maybe Smirnoff Ice?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that’s a good one  . . . maybe Smirnoff Ice .  .lolseriously though, an opinion on Key does NOT tell you everything you need to know about a Buc fan, lol

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I added my two cents earlier.

In that case, I'll bite.  I never said it was an end-all litmus test for everyone to understand buccaneers fans that everyone should use.  I said it was mine. That's the difference.  I also don't feel compelled to explain what the answers mean to me, and I don't really understand why you would want to know.  If that infuriates you, all the better.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

that's a good one  . . . maybe Smirnoff Ice .  .lolseriously though, an opinion on Key does NOT tell you everything you need to know about a Buc fan, lol

speak for yourself.  It tells me everything. from age to understanding of the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I added my two cents earlier.

In that case, I'll bite.  I never said it was an end-all litmus test for everyone to understand buccaneers fans that everyone should use.  I said it was mine. That's the difference.  I also don't feel compelled to explain what the answers mean to me, and I don't really understand why you would want to know.  If that infuriates you, all the better.

First off, don't be a dbag. It's quite simple.Secondly, I was never mad. I gave my opinion on Key earlier. You "attempted" to call me out. I think the anger falls on the OP. You want a lemon with your ice cold Smirnoff, cupcake?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I’ll say what I feel,  and you’ll like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll say what I feel,  and you'll like it.

Sure buddy. May I suggest you call it a night? I think you've had one Zima too many. 0060-0807-1220-5847_A_Beat_Up_Man_Waving_the_White_Flag_of_Surrender_clipart_image.jpg

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

that's a good one  . . . maybe Smirnoff Ice .  .lolseriously though, an opinion on Key does NOT tell you everything you need to know about a Buc fan, lol

speak for yourself.  It tells me everything. from age to understanding of the game.

so its a test then?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

[0060-0807-1220-5847_A_Beat_Up_Man_Waving_the_White_Flag_of_Surrender_clipart_image.jpg

I'm starting to see that your choice of verbal message board weaponry seems to be stuck in 1997. 

Please wait…

• vlagatta

so its a test then?

You tell me...I say you're an unemployed shut-in who sits at home all day and listens to duemig.well?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

DungHunter, in the event you missed it in the “What is everybody drinking” Thread in Off Topic, this is my latest tasty beverage of choice…Highly recommended.0265.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SackedbySh*t, that looks good. Neat, rocks, splash of water or coke? P.S. Stop being so butthurt for being called out.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I live in CT and was Jets fan and Keyshawn was my favorite player. I was only about 7 or 8 when he got traded to the Bucs, being the reason I like them. I thank him for that haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And speed too

Agreed...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bought my season tickets when they traded for Key. I was very excited we got him. Glad he helped us win our SB.I was disappointed when he had that meltdown on MNF and wasn't upset when he was traded.I've told the following story on here before but in case some of you missed it...I worked as the cameraman on Key's reality show, "Keyshawn Johnson: Tackling Design." For the most part, it was easy shooting with him. He was very professional...most of the time. Me personally? I never had an issue with him. Some others did.The production company would buy us lunch from the same place every day. Always the same sandwiches. So, 2-3 times, Key took us tolunch to give us a break and would always pay for everything. The way to a production crew is through their stomachs! We loved it. I don't think I can recall that happening on any of the other shows I worked on over the past 12 years. So, I'm a little biased.I was riding/shooting in his Prius (he didn't drive a fancy sports car) one day and I asked him about the meltdown. He claimed that Gruden blamed him for lining up in the wrong spot. Key claimed that it was somebody else who was lined up wrong and that he was in the right spot. So he gaveGruden a piece of his mind for all to see. And he said he really gave it to Gruden in the locker room after the game and threatened to kick his ass.At least that's how I remember it. It's been 6 or 7 years.I wanted to say, "Why didn't you save it until later so it could be done in private and nobody would see it." But since we were working, it just wasn't the time or place to say that. I'm not sure I would have said anything even if we were on our own time and not at work. Loved his lack of fear when going over the middle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bought my season tickets when they traded for Key. I was very excited we got him. Glad he helped us win our SB.I was disappointed when he had that meltdown on MNF and wasn't upset when he was traded.I've told the following story on here before but in case some of you missed it...I worked as the cameraman on Key's reality show, "Keyshawn Johnson: Tackling Design." For the most part, it was easy shooting with him. He was very professional...most of the time. Me personally? I never had an issue with him. Some others did.The production company would buy us lunch from the same place every day. Always the same sandwiches. So, 2-3 times, Key took us tolunch to give us a break and would always pay for everything. The way to a production crew is through their stomachs! We loved it. I don't think I can recall that happening on any of the other shows I worked on over the past 12 years. So, I'm a little biased.I was riding/shooting in his Prius (he didn't drive a fancy sports car) one day and I asked him about the meltdown. He claimed that Gruden blamed him for lining up in the wrong spot. Key claimed that it was somebody else who was lined up wrong and that he was in the right spot. So he gaveGruden a piece of his mind for all to see. And he said he really gave it to Gruden in the locker room after the game and threatened to kick his ass.At least that's how I remember it. It's been 6 or 7 years.I wanted to say, "Why didn't you save it until later so it could be done in private and nobody would see it." But since we were working, it just wasn't the time or place to say that. I'm not sure I would have said anything even if we were on our own time and not at work. Loved his lack of fear when going over the middle.

Hopefully he has mellowed and matured.  I am fortunate enough to be very active in some charities in the Bay Area, and have developed relationships of varying degrees with many Bucs players and coaches.  Never have I seen a someone more abusive and demeaning to the staff and servers of these events than Keyshawn Johnson.  Warren Sapp, who could be very Jekyll and Hyde in his treatment of others, never matched Keyshawn's behavior, even in his most "Hyde" of moments.  (I have to stress, that I can speak only from my experience...)

Please wait…

• vlagatta

He certainly seems more mellowed out these days, other than when he was chasing down beiber with his Prius.

Please wait…

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.