Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• fanofkit

Participant

Between burgers and beers, I hope everyone takes a moment to remember our brothers in arms who have died defending this nation.  To everyone here who has lost a loved one in the service of this nation's military, my prayers and deepest appreciation is dedicated to you and your family.  To everyone who has served or is currently serving, a sincere "thanks" is always in order, and all the more today.  God Bless you all for the sacrifices made by the select few so that the rest may enjoy the freedoms we enjoy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very nice and thoughtful post. I share your thoughts and ultimate respect for our military.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kind of weird to put this on a football message board, but SSG Carl Hammar KIA 14 July 2014 he was in my platoon in Afghanistan. He was born in Sweden, moved to USA when he was 16. Good guy left behind two kids. You don't have to agree with the wars, I have my problems with them but we tried to do good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Between burgers and beers, I hope everyone takes a moment to remember our brothers in arms who have died defending this nation.  To everyone here who has lost a loved one in the service of this nation's military, my prayers and deepest appreciation is dedicated to you and your family.  To everyone who has served or is currently serving, a sincere "thanks" is always in order, and all the more today.  God Bless you all for the sacrifices made by the select few so that the rest may enjoy the freedoms we enjoy.

Amen. Great post

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kind of weird to put this on a football message board, but SSG Carl Hammar KIA 14 July 2014 he was in my platoon in Afghanistan. He was born in Sweden, moved to USA when he was 16. Good guy left behind two kids. You don't have to agree with the wars, I have my problems with them but we tried to do good.

Wow. Interesting.I saw a TV show yesterday where they featured a vet who started a business that sent a guy with a bugle to every vets funeral to play taps.  The interesting part was the owner can't keep up with all the request he gets, and donations don't come close to the expenses. So every year he has to chip in his own money to the tune of $10,000 or more.

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.