Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta watch out for that OTC stuff… Dead Bull.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

IF…that was truly the cause…he had every opportunity in the world to walk down the hall and inform team doctors and trainers. Since I’m not aware of any other such claims with any named sports drink…I am inclined to think he is lying…to save his career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting. He really just fell off a cliff and could barely muster a punt of 30 yards, seemingly for no reason. Some of us wondered if he was being told by the coaching staff to kick short.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I would like to hate on Mike for his time here, that situation sounds like it really sucked.  It would be scary to be sick for an extended time and doctors can’t figure out why and basically think you are a hypochondriac.  Hope his recovery is complete and I never hear his name again.  I hope others who are not already multimillionaires are able to recover some compensation from that company.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MRSA-lite?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a Bucs Life

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WTF is pH water?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WTF is pH water?

Pathogenic harmful water?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I drink regular filtered water. Never had a problem with that at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Water that is too clean, can hurt you.Water that is too dirty, the same.All those redbull type drinks are made with water that is too clean, and also has about a weeks worth of vitimin b12 in one drink.The two "cleanest/healthiest"drinks are milk and regular tap water that is mildly filtered. Well water, besides the taste, is also pretty good for the human body.I would include oj, but with monsanto taking over a lot of the agriculture, i dont trust it anymore. Too much hybridization or genetic modifications. At least, not as a sports drink.I have mixed apple juice and water and drank it for most of my life. And for the record, i know nothing about "ph water," but fwiw, the water standing in the parking lot of my old college had safe ph levels to drink. Took a test strip to it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Water that is too clean, can hurt you.Water that is too dirty, the same.All those redbull type drinks are made with water that is too clean, and also has about a weeks worth of vitimin b12 in one drink.The two "cleanest/healthiest"drinks are milk and regular tap water that is mildly filtered. Well water, besides the taste, is also pretty good for the human body.

I think a lot of people would disagree that milk is clean and healthy.  Not that I care, I only drink coffee and water anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well at least someone was looking out for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I find it odd that it is a national brand of sports drink and he is the only one having problems with it.  Perhaps he is just drinking too much of it.  I was told by coaches long ago that too much sports drink is bad for you.  Something about the sodium and electrolytes crystallizing if you take in more than you’re sweating out.  I was told to drink it while playing or training, but stick to water the rest of the time.Edit to add- I also remember my brother was trying to lose weight once and so he subbed in sports drink for the soda he usually drank (my brother is not an athlete by any stretch).  After a couple weeks he ended up at the doctor with an awful bladder infection.  The doctor said it was caused by all the sports drink and to stop drinking it.  He switched to water, juice, and tea and had no more problems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I became pretty close with Michael and I obviously don’t know what the cause is, but something was definitely wrong physically with him. He thought at first it was a second bout with mono, that is supposedly worse than the first time as the symptoms were very similar. Aches, pains, lethargic etc…Hopefully he gets well, whatever the cause. One of the classiest dudes I have gotten to know over the last five seasons.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.