Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• TampaBucks05

Participant

Roy Cummings?@RCummingsTBO#Bucs HC Dirk Koetter says Demar Dotson will start offseason workouts as team's starting RT.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course he is. He’s obviously the best RT on this team. Don’t know why he was benched last year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

p13-nfl-a-20140108.jpg"Hold up...Demar who?"

• Anonymous

Inactive

hooray!  Will someone tell me what really happened with him last year?  PR was mysteriously hush hush on the whole dynamic.  It reminded me of their refusal to discuss Freeman’s personal problems and my conspiracy theories started to grow.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Add my name to the list of the curious. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

IIRC Dotson came back for one game and started and afterward said something like he wasn’t completely in football shape yet. Then Cherilous was getting the starts, and eventually Dot was inactive. I think the days he was inactive was due to the fact that Pamphile provided better gameday flexibility being able to play G/T. But still – if you’re concerned that Dotson couldn’t finish the game because of conditioning, you should still start him IMO. That’s exactly why you’re keeping Pamphile dressed on gameday in the first place, in case the starter can’t finish the game for one reason or another. Or maybe Dotson game back for that game, wasn't football conditioned yet, and Lovie benched him and Dotson ended up in Lovie's doghouse.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Before Dotson became a full time RT he was a swing tackle with us, definitely in lovies doghouse for probably holding out

• Anonymous

Inactive

My guess is that Dotson was in Lovie’s doghouse, because he quoted Lovie as saying that if injured, the injured player still has his position when he recovers.  When Dotson did recover, he said publicaly that Lovie lied to him----instant doghouse.The game that Dotson started was because Cherius was injured, but even though Dotson played well, when Cherius got healthy, he started the next week and didn't play as well as Dotson had.Strictly a doghouse situation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The silly assumption is that Lovie is overrule his OC and OL coach to put a player in his “doghouse”.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tog:Dotson says Lovie lied to him.Dotson is the better player and only starts when Cherius is hurt.The OC  becomes head coach, and Dotson is instantly named starting RT with no testing on-field.Sounds like the OC in 2015 didn't get his way with whom to start at RTSame OL coach in both situations

• Anonymous

Inactive

Starting the best players?Outrageous!

• Anonymous

Inactive

But that would give us the best chance to win.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Locker room politics are so much more important. I say we bench him just because we can. Cherilus provides such great continuity! Better not mess with continuity LOL.

• farzillo

Participant

Locker room politics are so much more important. I say we bench him just because we can. Cherilus provides such great continuity! Better not mess with continuity LOL.

Plus who needs wins when you can get some realative a job. Quick does anyone have a third cousin that wants to be an offensive line coach?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tog:Dotson says Lovie lied to him.Dotson is the better player and only starts when Cherius is hurt.The OC  becomes head coach, and Dotson is instantly named starting RT with no testing on-field.Sounds like the OC in 2015 didn't get his way with whom to start at RTSame OL coach in both situations

Dotson says Lovie lied to him about not losing your starting position when hurt.Dotson is the better play when healthyAnd I quote:

Koetter wrote:
      That was our plan last year, was to have Dot at right tackle, but due to injury it didn’t work out that way. So at the end of the season, when Dot was back playing healthy at right tackle, he’s a dominant run blocker.

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY

• Anonymous

Inactive

The silly assumption is that Lovie is overrule his OC and OL coach to put a player in his "doghouse".

Is it also silly to assume Riverboat Lovie would overrule his DC and DB coach to play or not play certain CB's?  Or is the silly assumption limited to offensive players only?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even when “hurt” Dotson still played better than Cherilus. It was definitely a political thing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The silly assumption is that Lovie is overrule his OC and OL coach to put a player in his "doghouse".

Is it also silly to assume Riverboat Lovie would overrule his DC and DB coach to play or not play certain CB's?  Or is the silly assumption limited to offensive players only?

Do you have any evidence he overruled his DB coach?  Couldn't really overrule the DC as  he was the DC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you have any evidence he overruled his DB coach?  Couldn't really overrule the DC as  he was the DC.

While he didn't call the plays this season, I would guess Leslie Frasier was being paid for some reason.As far as evidence, do I really need to explain the HC has final say on who does and doesn't start for his football team?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has complete control over the 53 man roster but no say on who starts? Far fetched idea.

• Anonymous

Inactive

While he didn't call the plays this season, I would guess Leslie Frasier was being paid for some reason.As far as evidence, do I really need to explain the HC has final say on who does and doesn't start for his football team?

What a dumb argument.  You're not responding to anything I've written, instead you're just making up straw men.As I said way back in the original thread on this topic, there's no evidence that Lovie is overruling his OC or OL coach to bench a player for being in his "doghouse".  Without evidence it's sophomoric.  No one has produced any evidence and there's no evidence here.Instead, we have Koetter going on record that Dotson wasn't healthy last year and that's why he didn't start.  Who woulda thunk it, a rational reason for why Dotson was benched last year?

• dalaca

Participant

Roy Cummings?@RCummingsTBO#Bucs HC Dirk Koetter says Demar Dotson will start offseason workouts as team's starting RT.

I really hope this is just got off-season, before we replace him. :)Nightmare scenario for Winston is standing behind Dotson and EDS, followed by staring at the sky after they blow their assignments.

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a dumb argument.  You're not responding to anything I've written, instead you're just making up straw men.As I said way back in the original thread on this topic, there's no evidence that Lovie is overruling his OC or OL coach to bench a player for being in his "doghouse".  Without evidence it's sophomoric.  No one has produced any evidence and there's no evidence here.

What evidence do you require?  A notarized document of some sort?The evidence is clear to damn near everybody else that's paying attention.

Instead, we have Koetter going on record that Dotson wasn't healthy last year and that's why he didn't start.  Who woulda thunk it, a rational reason for why Dotson was benched last year?

Of course Dotson didn't start when he was injured.  Nobody is disputing that. What's in question is when Dotson returned from injury and played well when filling in for Cherilus when he was injured.  Cherilus was given the starts when he returned from injuryLovie Smith as Head Coach with both Dotson & Cherilus healthy - Cherilus is the starterDirk Koetter as Head Coach with both Dotson & Cherilus healthy - Dotson is the starterAnd you need more evidence?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Silly that it could happen I'd say, but probably the only logical answerIf Koetter gave Dotson the starting job 4 months before training camp, that means he wasn't the one who benched him repeatedly for CherilusLovie is a jackass

• Anonymous

Inactive

Instead, we have Koetter going on record that Dotson wasn't healthy last year and that's why he didn't start.  Who woulda thunk it, a rational reason for why Dotson was benched last year?

Actually, you changed the context of Koetter's quote to fit your argument. What he clearly actually meant is Dotson was supposed to be the starter in week 1, but because of injuries things didn't workout that way.How bout this for evidence...Lovie got fired and Koetter got promoted for a reason. Reason being Lovie made many half baked decisions

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a dumb argument.  You're not responding to anything I've written, instead you're just making up straw men.As I said way back in the original thread on this topic, there's no evidence that Lovie is overruling his OC or OL coach to bench a player for being in his "doghouse".  Without evidence it's sophomoric.  No one has produced any evidence and there's no evidence here.

So did SR's Fab 1 produce the evidence you require?  Or does he need to get it notarized from Lovie?

• Anonymous

Inactive

You find this to be a "silly assumption", huh?Lol.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I the only one concerned with Dotson being able to make it through a full season this year?  If healthy he would still be a quality RT, but from what I saw from him last year, I just get the feeling that he is close to breaking down physically.  He’s not that old for a tackle, so hopefully I’m wrong.  But we need to pick a OT in one of the first 3 rounds this year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m going to say this once.  1) Up until this point there was zero evidence that Lovie overruled Koetter and Warhop.  It was driven conspiracy theorists who hated Lovie and wished to blame him for everything.  It was (and still is) possible that Lovie did so but it is unlikely without evidence.2) There is now a little bit of information that Warhop may have been overruled by Lovie.Unfortunately, Dotson's statements don't say what some are inferring.  We already knew that, according to Dotson, Lovie told him he wouldn't lose his job to injury.  Dotson then lost his job to injury.  It's always been very likely Dotson was telling the truth about Lovie lying.In this Fab 5, Dotson is saying that Warhop told him, from LOVIE, that he's the starter.  To follow some posters logic, do we believe that Lovie is setting the entire offensive lineup and communicating it through his position coaches? Of course not.  Dotson is referring to Warhop talking about not losing his job to injury not to Lovie setting the OL lineup.  This is what Dotson said previously and again in this Fab 5 has been critical of Lovie for. Lovie then reversed course and replaced Dotson because of injury.  This fits with what Koetter said (Dotson wasn't starting because of injury).Plus, Dotson still isn't 100% healthy.  He hopes to be healthy by training camp. We know that in the game he started after his injury, he was struggling with conditioning and his level of play.  Timeline: Doston gets injured.  Lovie (via Warhop) tells him he is still the starter while injured. Dotson misses 8 games. Dotson is able to play Week 10 but is not 100%. Lovie (via Warhop) tells him he is no longer the starter.  Dotson starts Week 13 but is not fully healthy and struggles with conditioning (having not played in a game in 13 weeks).  He sits another couple weeks and starts the last two games of the season.Seems pretty reasonable to me.  At no point does Lovie overrule Warhop (or Koetter) other than to break his promise to Dotson (and Warhop) that Dotson wouldn't lose his job due to injury.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sweet Geebus, tog. It was crystal clear to damn near everybody who was paying attention.  And it was confirmed by Dotson in this report. Just eat it and move on.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.