Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Zach Shapiro

Keymaster

Contact him at: zshapiro12@gmail.com

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs have a QB who will stand tall win or lose. Be a man in front of the media that will be asking hard questions after a big loss. This is a QB who will learn from his pain, not run from it. This is one “bar” the Bucs don’t need to reach because their QB is setting the mark.

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF tampa is copying the panthers, we can be assured they’re going DL-heavy in draft.If i didnt know any better, this might make one assume this suggestion is a "tip of the hat." A nod that tampa will, in fact, take DL at nine. Maybe. I think so.

• Marcia

Participant

Yeah.  Sorry.  I’m not using the Panthers as a gage for success just yet.  Last year was a cute season but they managed to bite on that CB contract for Norman (dumb as hell), and they will swell in this off season as their leader can’t handle failure properly. It’s nifty to do inspirational commercials to come off as someone that uses hate as fuel.  We know in real life that Cam can’t handle it.  That will show up next season and they will come back down to earth.  9-7 type season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF tampa is copying the panthers, we can be assured they're going DL-heavy in draft.If i didnt know any better, this might make one assume this suggestion is a "tip of the hat." A nod that tampa will, in fact, take DL at nine. Maybe. I think so.

I think it just more confirmation that at least 3 of the first four picks will be DL

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed AQ. The panthers, with just cam anyway, won't win the superbowl.But, that line will keep giving them shots at it yearly if it stays continually solid.Their magic isnt just cam anymore though. Its ron and that defense. Still, its just too tough to string back to back winning seasons, deal with a tougher schedule, the superbowl hangover, all the player movement that comes after the SB, etc, etc. It's, a lot of times, too much for any team.But, if i have to say tampa has one team to worry about, i would have to say, it's them. They are an 8-8 team, that at any time, can catch fire. Tampa hasn't been able to say that in quite awhile, so regardless of their true talent level, they're still, unfortunately, (grinds teeth) a better team than the bucs.I dont want them to copy any particular team. They already have been doing that BR, BS, and during lovie's tenure. However, I'm glad they are noticing the trend that DL matters, a lot. Thats the important thing to take away from this.

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF tampa is copying the panthers, we can be assured they're going DL-heavy in draft.If i didnt know any better, this might make one assume this suggestion is a "tip of the hat." A nod that tampa will, in fact, take DL at nine. Maybe. I think so.

I think it just more confirmation that at least 3 of the first four picks will be DL

God bless the USA!!Seriously though, idk if they go that far, but I would like to hope double-dipping isnt out of the question.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lawson, Ogbah, Day!

• jeebz116

Participant

The Panthers will remain contenders every year so long as they have that Defense, and Cam continues to play at a high level. They get KB back this year, plus they can strengthen their OL in the draft.If we can build up a nice defense with a creative system that sticks around awhile, with our up and coming offense we'll over take then as soon as 2017 possibly - as long as all of our defensive draft picks hit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Panthers are almost the exact same team they were last year going into this season. It’s not like their wins were gimmicky either. They were stomping teams. Good teams. That offense can theoretically only get better as they get their best receiver back and actually put pieces on their O-Line assuming they go O-line in the draft. The NFCS is theirs to lose.

• majbodoh

Participant

The Panthers have done a good job under their last GM and current GM of building a very talented roster with good depth. They have drafted a lot of their defense: Ealy, Short, Star, Johnson, Kuechly, Davis, Thompson, Norman, Boston, Benwikere. Offensively they have drafted key players as well: Newton, Stewart, Benjamin, Turner, and Kalil. They have found useful players in undrafted free agency: Norwell, Brown. They have generally nailed free agency: Oher, Ginn, Coleman, Harper, and Tillman. And they have made some good trades: Olsen, Allen, Jones. When you put all of that together, that has helped them put together one of the better rosters in the league, that should put them in a good place to compete for the play offs for an extended period of time. Their approach isn't unique. It has been the Patriot way for a long time, build through the draft and be smart in free agency. The Seahawks have built in a similar manner as well. Generally speaking the teams that remain competitive over a long period of time tend to draft well and be smart in free agency. We have been following a similar pattern in recent seasons, especially under Licht. We have drafted well and built a good core of players with Winston, Martin, Sims, Evans, ASJ (when healthy), Marpet, Smith, McCoy, Alexander, David and so on. We have had some success in free agency, granted we've had some misses as well, but overall we have managed to put together a young talented roster that is trending upwards. We've had a decent off season and with a strong draft, there is no reason why we shouldn't improve on our record from last season. In fact last season we were pretty damn close and arguably should have finished with a better record. But in terms of how we should be aiming to build this team going forwards, the Panthers, Seahawks, and Patriots type model is the way to go. Build through the draft and be smart in free agency. Combine that with the right coaching and we will be successful and on our way to being a contender for the big game again.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.