Viewing 46 reply threads

• Author

• TampaBucks05

Participant

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  3h3 hours agoKoetter says Mike Evans is such a talented guy but needs to be more consistent in his preparation and work habits.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He could be a top 5 receiver. He fan of his but he needs to stop dropping so many balls and stop barking at the refs. Just keep quiet and run back to the huddle. He gets too emotional.

Please wait…

• water130u128

Dang, coach calling out Evans about his work ethic… Could Evans be one of the guys Winston was referring to last year as well?

Please wait…

• williebrowntown

That’s obvious and I’m sure Mike is the first person that will tell you that. Being consistent in preparation and work habits hopefully means ALOT of time on the jugs machine and working on his concentration.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His drops lat year  seemingly were mostly mental errors. I would assume a lot of taking his eyes off the ball to look ahead. The contested balls are whatever  both sides get paid to make plays , cant really fault him on those. He may be talented but he could be a whole lot better if he gets his shit together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also his glib answer about his bad days are 150 yards… ya.. could have easily been 200 or more. Stop deflecting and focus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he obviously is an incredible talent who isn’t in professional shape and doesnt have a totally professional attitude right now. No way should he be puking on the sidelines every game. You think Randy Moss did that crap? I like Evans a lot, but I hear hes out late drinking during the seaosn often. Hes still pretty much a good person Im not trying to discredit his character, and he’ll still be a pretty much a top play maker for us if he continues his current course but he definitely could be a hall of fame WR if he took things as seriously as Vjax.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“work ethic” and “work habits” are different things. He called out the later, not the former.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here we go…another guy not taking it as serious as he should. He is a baby on the field. Constantly pursing his lips and shaking his head...barking at refs like he is constantly pushing off and dropping passes. Just STHU Evans!!!Catch, block, back to huddle. Drink water and jog more. Sick of him looking around like after a drop or shaking his head like he is always being PI,d with. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here we go...another guy not taking it as serious as he should. He is a baby on the field. Constantly pursing his lips and shaking his head...barking at refs like he is constantly pushing off and dropping passes. Just STHU Evans!!!Catch, block, back to huddle. Drink water and jog more. Sick of him looking around like after a drop or shaking his head like he is always being PI,d with.

All true B man, and I am hoping to see a bit more maturity this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like how Koetter is leading…set the bar coach!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like how Koetter is leading...set the bar coach!

Yup. He’s being lazy, he needs to be scolded like a child. Which is where his professional maturity is at currently. Let’s see if his out of shape self gets thrown to when Winston has to constantly bark at him in the huddle… Which he WILL do!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he obviously is an incredible talent who isn't in professional shape and doesnt have a totally professional attitude right now. No way should he be puking on the sidelines every game. You think Randy Moss did that crap? I like Evans a lot, but I hear hes out late drinking during the seaosn often. Hes still pretty much a good person Im not trying to discredit his character, and he'll still be a pretty much a top play maker for us if he continues his current course but he definitely could be a hall of fame WR if he took things as seriously as Vjax.

Mike is married and doesn't go out partying with the fellas. They just got married in Feb, but they have been together for a long time.This is his wife Ashley. 25889732812_f05fe47d5b_z.jpgmike-evans-wife-ashli-dotson-photos by anti java, on Flickr

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The wedding probably had him not as focused as you would like hopefully he takes it up a notch this offseason

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he obviously is an incredible talent who isn't in professional shape and doesnt have a totally professional attitude right now. No way should he be puking on the sidelines every game. You think Randy Moss did that crap? I like Evans a lot, but I hear hes out late drinking during the seaosn often. Hes still pretty much a good person Im not trying to discredit his character, and he'll still be a pretty much a top play maker for us if he continues his current course but he definitely could be a hall of fame WR if he took things as seriously as Vjax.

Mike is married and doesn't go out partying with the fellas. They just got married in Feb, but they have been together for a long time.This is his wife Ashley. 25889732812_f05fe47d5b_z.jpgmike-evans-wife-ashli-dotson-photos by anti java, on Flickr

The wedding was Harry Potterific. . . . 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yes, you know who was there. Upper right corner of this pic. He looks sloshed.26010681005_ba4436135a_z.jpgjff by anti java, on Flickr

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"work ethic" and "work habits" are different things. He called out the later, not the former.

Good catch...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. He's being lazy, he needs to be scolded like a child. Which is where his professional maturity is at currently. Let's see if his out of shape self gets thrown to when Winston has to constantly bark at him in the huddle... Which he WILL do!

Ya brother...he drove me crazy with that diva attitude so I'm hoping coach and QB light a fire under him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. He's being lazy, he needs to be scolded like a child. Which is where his professional maturity is at currently. Let's see if his out of shape self gets thrown to when Winston has to constantly bark at him in the huddle... Which he WILL do!

Exactly how do you know he's being "Lazy"?Try being a the only WR on the field not being rotated in and out for an entire game and see if you don't throw up...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"work ethic" and "work habits" are different things. He called out the later, not the former.

Good catch...a lot of Vince Lombardi reincarnates on this board didn't even bother to read the post...

A lot of wannabe GM's here also. I got a email from Mark Dominik the other day. He is recruiting for his online course, on how to get a GM job in the NFL. It cost $1600.

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

Coach calls it like he sees it.  Any true professional has to respect that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good catch...

Exactly, the title of this thread should be changed. Koetter said NO SUCH THING

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First thing he needs to do is repair his relationship with officials. Forget which game it was but he screamed at the ref and the next play we had a big play taken away because of a BS holding

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang, coach calling out Evans about his work ethic... Could Evans be one of the guys Winston was referring to last year as well?

someone on this very board(me) pointed out previously that the guy comes across as lazy and caught a lil heat for it. Seems coach might agree with me. ASJ is far worse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yes, you know who was there. Upper right corner of this pic. He looks sloshed.26010681005_ba4436135a_z.jpgjff by anti java, on Flickr

OMG! I didn't know Hate was friends with Evans.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang, coach calling out Evans about his work ethic... Could Evans be one of the guys Winston was referring to last year as well?

someone on this very board(me) pointed out previously that the guy comes across as lazy and caught a lil heat for it. Seems coach might agree with me. ASJ is far worse.

I think he relies on natural talent. And that has worked all his life. But there is more to it than that, at this level. He needs to play the game. By that I mean don't show up the officials EVERY play. If you don't get the call, jog back to the huddle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage. I suggest you guys read the full quotes of what koetter was saying. He was basically saying how him and Winston weren’t on the same page and how they weren’t because they’re both so young and just were getting a feel for each other while playing. Context matters people. He didn’t just say o Evans is lazy and work ethics suck no totally different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage. I suggest you guys read the full quotes of what koetter was saying. He was basically saying how him and Winston weren't on the same page and how they weren't because they're both so young and just were getting a feel for each other while playing. Context matters people. He didn't just say o Evans is lazy and work ethics suck no totally different.

I suggest you read the thread. Several people have already pointed that out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he relies on natural talent. And that has worked all his life. But there is more to it than that, at this level. He needs to play the game. By that I mean don't show up the officials EVERY play. If you don't get the call, jog back to the huddle.

It would be wise for a little V-Jax to rub off on him. He needs to shadow V-Jax the entire season so he can learn how to be a pro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i agree

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would be wise for a little V-Jax to rub off on him. He needs to shadow V-Jax the entire season so he can learn how to be a pro.

Its just a maturity thing IMO. You cant win those battles with the zebras. Don't even try. Shake there hand before the game, say hows the family? Everything good?Then go to work and don't say a thing to them the entire game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good catch...

Exactly, the title of this thread should be changed. Koetter said NO SUCH THING

Have to read between the lines.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love Evans skill set but damn I totally agree. He will never be great because of his pure talent at this level. Put in the work young man!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think as usual, this thread has gone a somewhat full tilt.  I think many are taking the comments a little too far.Evans is a darn good player - could he improve?  Yeah.  But the guy needs to take a 90 and turn it into a 95.  The guy isn't out there being lazy, skipping practices, late for meetings, drugging it up.  He isn't a robot, he plays with passion.  Is that the best thing?  Probably not, but it simply needs to be tweaked, not overhauled.  He isn't gonna wake up and be jerry rice mature overnight.  Pretty sure Winston set it up for him to get extra work midseason last year with a guy.  Leadership by Winston, and maturity/drive by Evans.  He ain't perfect, but much of this thread seems like bashing rather than constructive criticism.Vjax and Murphy on the field with ASJ, humphries and Winston more comfortable with the NFL and the offense?  Gonna be a good ride next season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think as usual, this thread has gone a somewhat full tilt.  I think many are taking the comments a little too far.

Maybe.  Two years ago  I was blasted for pointing out how Evans was too often getting away with illegal contact/separation and wondered how long that would last.  Not long.  Teams have obviously pointed this out to the officials, garnering himself a reputation.  Throw in the league leading whining per play and you've got a problem.  Loads of talent.  As you say room for maturity ( I say  that's a major understatement).  Got married, now have some kids.  Sometimes that helps.  Work ethic I wasn't aware of but the drops, whining, and illegal hand use is well known.I wouldn't say he's currently a "90".  Two years ago I said I would have taken Aaron Donald.  Could have been wrong.  So far, it's not a close contest.  Just my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage. I suggest you guys read the full quotes of what koetter was saying. He was basically saying how him and Winston weren't on the same page and how they weren't because they're both so young and just were getting a feel for each other while playing. Context matters people. He didn't just say o Evans is lazy and work ethics suck no totally different.

I suggest you read the thread. Several people have already pointed that out.

And several people have ignored that despite it being pointed out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think as usual, this thread has gone a somewhat full tilt.  I think many are taking the comments a little too far.

Maybe.  Two years ago  I was blasted for pointing out how Evans was too often getting away with illegal contact/separation and wondered how long that would last.  Not long.  Teams have obviously pointed this out to the officials, garnering himself a reputation.  Throw in the league leading whining per play and you've got a problem.  Loads of talent.  As you say room for maturity ( I say  that's a major understatement).  Got married, now have some kids.  Sometimes that helps.  Work ethic I wasn't aware of but the drops, whining, and illegal hand use is well known.I wouldn't say he's currently a "90".  Two years ago I said I would have taken Aaron Donald.  Could have been wrong.  So far, it's not a close contest.  Just my opinion.

Evans is big WR and there is a lot of hand checking happening that's not being called...Besides he gets more Defensive PI calls than Offensive PIs, so I am good with that... Some DBs talk a lot of smack; ie. Josh Norman and Janoris Jenkins just to name few...I don't have problem with him getting up into somebody's grill...The dropped passes is a concentration issue....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if you said it, it has to be true...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HATE knows football, man. We don't always agree on everything, but his takes are solid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If his play last season was lazy then how high is the guys upside? Hell, if just half of the missed deep balls are on target he has a ton more yards and a few TDs. Hope the message hits home because I'd love to see him playing at his best

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be ecstatic if he could just make it out of the preseason without a hamstring problem.  I don’t know if its a biological thing with him (some people just don’t have great hammies) or a preparation type of thing, but it has forced Mike into a rough start 2 years in a row.If anybody on this board is actually close to him you may consider recommending that he and his new wifey take up yoga in the offseason.  It would be a good bonding thing for them, it would keep Mike more flexible and injury resistant, and it would have good benefits for her.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Mike.Alot.He made dingbat into a 1st round draft pick and he failed in Cleveland.Evans could be as great as Fitzgerald, Megatron, or any other big receiver. If he would just catch the damned ball.Do that first and greatness will follow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Mike.Alot.He made dingbat into a 1st round draft pick and he failed in Cleveland.Evans could be as great as Fitzgerald, Megatron, or any other big receiver. If he would just catch the damned ball.Do that first and greatness will follow.

No.. Evans doesn't have the ability those guys do. He doesn't have the hands those guys do, and never will. Evans can be a good 1 B that will draw a lot of OPI penalties and will whine after every play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HATE knows football, man. We don't always agree on everything, but his takes are solid.

Don’t let him near your draft board – he will make you feel cursed…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't let him near your draft board - he will make you feel cursed...

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't let him near your draft board - he will make you feel cursed...

Man that's the truest story ever told.  Maybe last year was the start of something new though. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe so, but unless he's at everyone of Mike Evans' workouts and practices watching and observing, he's pulling that take out of his butt

Please wait…

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.